Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cell C Complaints & Reviews

Cell Cservice delivery is appalling

I have called CellC customer care more than 3 times to sort a recurring billing issue. The lack of professional conduct from the personel is beyond me, plus the amount of times one has called is unacceptable. The inconvenience that this has caused is really unacceptable. Cell C has really cost me (having to call from abroad) to sort my family lines and the lack of feedback is beyond me. Please train your teams to excercise empathy when dealing with your customers.

• Cell C's response · Nov 15, 2017

Dear Ms MDub

Thank you for posting to us.

Please provide us with your cell C number and an alternative number as we would like to contact you to assist. Kindly forward your details to [email protected]

^YM

Cell Csocial bundle

Cell C amended the structure of the social bundle that was launched in September 2017.
    The media publication stated that this social bundle structure will be available until the end of December 2017.

However, since 13 November 2017, the structure was amended & I received no sms notification informing me of such a drastic change to the structure of the bundle.

Example : the R 29 bundle initially had 150 any network minutes.
    This has now been reduced to 30 minutes.
    80% reduction !!

Any reason why this was amended despite media publication stating otherwise?

• Cell C's response · Nov 15, 2017

Dear Mr Customer was King

Thank you for posting to us.

Cell C launched Social Bundles as a promotional offering focusing on delivering customers great value that allows them to communicate across voice, data and SMS. The bundles offered customers data and additional social data for use on Facebook, WhatsApp and Bonang by Cell C. As part of the bundle, customers also receive free any-net minutes. Cell C has reduced the amount of free any-net minutes, however, the data portion will remain unchanged. The Social Bundles continue to be extremely competitive and offer some of the best value in the market. The changes to Social Bundles will come into effect on 13 November 2017. Customers that purchased bundles before 13 November will have received the original promotional value.

Please provide us with your Cell C number. Kindly forward it to [email protected]

We will be in touch to assist further.

Cell C — cell phone cell c deluxe

Good Day, I would like to address this matter as urgent!! I am highly upset about the dissatisfaction i...

Cape Town

Cell Cmy line that was uncapped without my notification

Good afternoon

Both December 2016 and January 2017 my bill was uncapped with double the amount that i agreed upon. Not once while having this contract did i ask that my bill be uncapped i stated that i am going through a divorce and only can afford a certain amount. I have called on numereous occassions but all has been in vain. my account has been handed over which i regard as unfair as this has not been my fault but an system error. Please come to my aid to assist please.

Dear Ms jonescolleen

Thank you for making contact with us.

Please send us your ID number as well as an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Our team will look into this matter.

Cell Cpoor signal

Hi, can somebody please inform as to what cell c as a service provider is doing or at the very least planning on doing about the poor signal we have here.Myself and thousands more here are experiencing the same problem, can't download e-mails, use internet and have to make several calls to the same no. to have a conversion.I have two contracts with cell c And it's not fair to pay for a service that provides such weak signal.I don't pay half price for half signal.
        Now we thousands of users here and other service providers like telkom and mtn is much better.

Dear Mr Bonnasse

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly forward us the number in question, full physical address as well as an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Our Network team will be calling you to assist.

Cell Ccell c connection

First off when I try and call my fiance who is also with cell c it says network busy even when he is not on a call. Second I lose connection quite often in certain areas. Thirdly I have been trying to check my minutes balance and data balance for a few days and it keeps saying invalid connection or invalid MMI code or something to that effect .. therefore as I was trying to make an important call and it ended up cutting without informing me that my airtime/minutes is low or that I have 1 minute remaining for example. I am not happy with this service.

• Cell C's response · Nov 10, 2017

Dear Mr Ashley_Eksteen

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please forward your address, Cell C number + contact number to [email protected]

Our team will be in touch to assist.

GlocellUpgrade nightmare

On 01 October 2017 I requested an upgrade on my contract - [protected].
            Since then on a weekly basis I have been calling and the reasons for me not receiving the phone yet varies with each call. However I am always promised that I will get the phone by the end of the week. Its 6 weeks later and still nothing!

Reasons have been as follows:-
            - no stock
            - your address is incorrect (yet when verified its right)
            - it was sent back
            - it was not loaded - its loaded now
            - I was promised I will be copied into email sent to the courier (NOTHING YET)
            - I was promised I would be called before they deliver (NOTHING YET)

Empty promises. Poor excuses.

I have asked if the stock is not available can they give me another phone, then they promise again, dont worry you will have it by the end of the week.

I am totally disgusted with the service and no regard for me as a customer.

This was my daughters 21st gift from me and my husband and her birthday was 29 September already. I am so embarrassed to tell her everytime why she hasnt received her gift.

If they cant supply me with the phone in the next week then I want to cancel my contract without penalties or pay ins.

• Cell C's response · Nov 13, 2017

Dearest Ms Carmen Gamieldien thank you for reaching out to Glocell. A support consultant will be in contact with you soonest to assist . Kind Regards Pam Henry 0841234

Cell Cpoor service with a new contract and delivery time

cell c contact me for a new contract and we have agreed on the contract on Thursday the 2 nov 2017 on Wednesday they have create a new order and after calling them a few time struggling to get a answer on Thursday 09 nov 2017 they said again to the contract is approved for the second time if ask to talk to a supervisor you get no response from them last week they said that I will have the phone on Friday 10 nov 2017 but when I called they said the contract is stile not finalised and the have not released it

• Cell C's response · Nov 10, 2017

Dear Mr Frikkie

Our contract application and delivery process usually takes 7 working days.

We would like to apologize for the delay and would appreciate if you could email your contact details to [email protected] and we will look into the matter.

Cell Chandset problem

Good day
                The abovementioned matter has reference.
                Kindly note that I upgrade my contract with Cell C. The new contract will start from the 01st December 2017. I have received a Samsung J5 Prime phone.
                During the past weekend the phone stopped working. I took it to the Cell C shop. The advised that the phone should be sent for repairing. The provided me with a phone which I could borrow in the meantime. Kindly note that this phone is in a really bad condition.
                I am really unhappy with the customer service I received from Cell C. The phone which is broken is approximately 2 months old, the contract did not even started. This is really unacceptable for me. Now, for a period of approximately 4 weeks I should use this "crock" they provided me with. If there is already problems with the new phone I have received approximately two months ago, what will happen for the rest of my contract period.
                If this is the way you treat your customers, that will be the last contract my family and me will ever sign with Cell C. According to it is unfair to expect that I should pay for a phone which is broken before the contract even started.
                I look forward to your response hereto.
                Kind regards

Dear Mr. Gelderblom

Thank you for posting to Cell C.

Please email us your repair reference + Cell C number and your contact details to [email protected]

We will prioritize the assessment of the device and provide feedback.

^NS

Cell Cfraudulent contract taken in my name

A fraudulant contract for 2 iphone 6 was taken out in my name in 2015. I was contacted by a debt collecting company that pressured me into paying an amounty of R5700, stating that if I did not pay I would be black listed. I had recently been unemployed and had thought that this was due to previous bounced debit orders on my cell c account. However, I subsequently discovered that it was not for my account. I went to the police station and signed a sworn affidavit and was advised that it had been handed over to the Cell C fraud department. I was told that they would keep me informed but I never heard from them again! I have on many occasions tried to follow up with Cell C myself to determine the state of the investigation and the funds owed to me by Cell C, but to no avail! It is impossible to speak to anybody in that department. Now, a few days ago (today is 8 Nov 2017) I received an SMS from another debt collecting company to say that I have been handed over for the balance of R36, 000. I have spent the past few days trying to speak to someone in Cell C but just keep getting shoved from pillar to post. I am livid! I will never take out another contract with cell c. Their service is disgusting. Quick to take your money but they do not care about their customers at all! ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED!

Dear Ms Rottcher

What an unfortunate incident.

Please email us your contact details and reference numbers and we will assist you.

Dear Ms Rottcher

Our email address is [email protected]

Cell Cproduct and pathetic services

I am sitting with a tablet that i took out on contract with cellc for the past month now that i am not using.

Someone from cellc couriers were suppose to fetch the tablet from me last week for assessment but failed in doing so.

Cellc is the worst service provider and they have pathetic staff.

Come end of the month they will run to debit my account.

Really pathetic people... Low class really.

• Cell C's response · Nov 06, 2017

Dear Ms ELISHA01

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please forward your contact details to [email protected], our team will get in touch with you to assist.

• Updated by ELISHA01 · Nov 06, 2017

okay i have sent an email - awaiting your response.

• Updated by ELISHA01 · Nov 06, 2017

uptill now Cell C did not contact me - these guys are obviously useless.

• Cell C's response · Nov 07, 2017

Dear Ms ELISHA01

We have not received your latest email, but we have been able to retrieve your information from a passed query.

Our team will be in touch to assist.

• Updated by ELISHA01 · Nov 08, 2017

Hi . Lungile ntuli from cellc social media called me yesterday and advised me that a guy will come through to collect my item from me as she will call him and arrange so.

Its been a full day and still no response from them.

Cell Csim card/sim swap

Hi. a few weeks ago i lost my phone, i had been hijacked and two days later i called Cell C to do a sim swap so i can get my number back. in doing so they asked me questions and they told me i had failed to answer their questions and i did call them back again and they told me i had failed, they told me i must go to my nearest cell c store with all my documentation and affidavit from the police and i did all of that but still they failed to give me my number back. i am verry hurt and dissapointed at cell c for treating me the way they did . i hope you can do something to help thank you.

• Cell C's response · Nov 03, 2017

Dear Mr Notyena

We are saddened to learn of your ordeal. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by this process.

Kindly forward your contact details, Cell C number + RICA serial number of the new SIM card to [email protected]

Our team will get in touch with you to assist.

Cell Ccontact

Hi im very dissapointed wid this service I have been dealing wid cellc for over 4 years and unfortunately this month I have had problems with payment but I did phone customer care and make arrangements with payment at the end of the month and im well aware that if payment is not made my line will be disconnected. However I have phoned cellc reggarding that and they have promised that my lines wont be supenend and then the next day my service gets cut off and I did call cellc again and the consaltant was very rude to me and didnt take understanding to me so I hanged up the phone. So I asked my wife to call cellc and speak to them when she did they didn't want to let any information to her cause the contacts are on my name so she did ask to speak to the manager and the manager was at no help either her name is ntombenhle she didnt try to help at all why is it called customer service if you guys cant help you'll customers im very dissapointed with this service cause at the end of this month I need to pay full for a service that I didnt use the whole month. I need my line to be open

• Cell C's response · Nov 02, 2017

Dear Ms. Matildag

Thank you for making contact with Cell C.

We would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Please email us your Cell C + contact number to [email protected]

We will do our best to assist you.

^NS

Cell Ccell c contract cancellation. accounts cancelled still been debited from incorrect bank accounts

[protected] ESCALATION [Incident: [protected]]

I have sent numerous request and countless calls for my banking details for the standard bank account to be removed.

Telephonically I was told you need an email please go and check the amount of emails I sent to cell c

This is the worse service I have ever experienced

All my lines are been cancelled now and i request that a final bill be sent for me to settle however the standard bank account was debited again for : -

R1126.40
                          R57
                          R117

No one at cell c can provide me with a reason for the debits nor can they show me what is owed. This is basically fraud and stealing from customers.

Cell c workers are not trained to ever understand simple English nor can they provide a response to the amount been deducted

I keep reversing my debits and Cell c is liable for the bank charges on the standard bank account as I have requested the details be removed what Cell c is now doing is fraudulently debiting an account.

Cell c will never be recommended as this is the worst cellular service provider ever

REMOVE THE STANDARD BANK DETAILS. THE DEBIT DONE WILL BE REVERSED. SEND ME A FINAL BILL THAT WILL BE SETTLE AND THEN I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH CELL C AND THERE INCOMPETENT STAFF. INCLUDE EVERY CENT OWED AS I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH CELL C EVER AGAIN

• Cell C's response · Nov 01, 2017

Dear Ms Faehima

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Our team will be contacting you to assist further.

^BM

Cell Cbreach of contract by cell c

After 3 months of email I have received no answer from Cell C.
                            To keep it short... Cell C notified me of a 2 year contract I had just taken out.. Which I did not. Cell C made a mistake and basically said I need to sort it out with the store. Why must I go to store?

After numerous other mails I have had no response in 2 weeks.

I have asked them to resend me contracts that I have signed to me but again no response.

I have send over 20 email and they have only responded to me twice.

I will rather cancel my contract and move over to prepaid then deal with incompetence like this. We all have work and its so time consuming dealing with these type of issues.

I have been a loyal Cell C client and have converted plenty of friend and family to Cell C... but this is the most ridiculous interactions (or lack thereof) I have ever experience.

On auto reply emails, Cell C notify the clients that a response will be giving between 24 to 48 hours. That is not the case... its more like weeks.
                            my phone number is [protected] : reference [protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 31, 2017

Dear Mr. TC vdw

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Our team will take it from here and assist with resolving your query.

Do expect our call tomorrow.

^NS '

Cell Cfailed deal match

I contacted the Cell C Retention Department in order to cancel my Cell C contract, as I was not happy with my signal strength and the offer that the Cell C store in Alberton City was offering me for an upgrade. (Which was almost R1000 for a very basic package for an iPhone 7.)

I spoke to Thabo at the call centre, who convinced me that he will be able to get a better price than what the very promising competition is offering me. I explained to Thabo that I am heading overseas at the end of November and that I wanted to sort out this issue before then. (Hence the prescribed 30 day cancellation period.)

After several failed attempts to get hold of Thabo, whom promised to phone me back with a deal, I managed to get hold of him. He notified me that he was able to give me a very suitable package on Top-Up, as I am not interested in an Open Line. We then proceeded in the Deal Match and completed the Terms and Conditions. He notified me that my device was set to be delivered to me via courier.

I contacted the Cell C Deliveries Department on 30 November 2017, in order to hear if they have an estimated time of delivery, so that I can arrange to be at home at that time. The agent notified me that no Upgrade nor Deal Match had been logged onto my account. This was surprising.

After contacting Thabo again, he notified me that the Deal Match was not approved by his Supervisor, Elon Govendor, due to the fact that it was on Top-Up. This was the first that I heard of this.

This is VERY upsetting to me, as I (who has been a Cell C customer for over 10 years, ) had to spend literally hours on the phone trying to sort out this contract.

My argument: Thabo and I completed the Terms and Conditions, which I accepted. I also gave authorization for the amount to be debited from my account monthly. By law, we completed a contract which seals this deal. This emphasizes that Cell C is not in the position to decline my Deal Match, as the agreement to it was already done. If this Deal Match is not acceptable, it should not have been offered in the first place.

Therefor I would like assistance with this contract and would expect my new device to reach me as soon as possible. Furthermore, I would like to request an thorough investigation into mr. Elon Govendor's department, as all is not well there, with terrible service, poor customer relations and broken communication.

I was promised that Elon Govendor would contact me - I am expecting this call.

I hope to hear from you soon.

JL Peacock

• Cell C's response · Oct 30, 2017

Dear Mr Peacock

We would like to assist with the matter and ensure its resolved to your satisfaction.

Please email your contact details and number in question to [email protected] for assistance.

Cell C — contract cancellation

My contract with Cell C ended in May this year 2017, I told them I wanted to cancel it, after a while trying...

Johannesburg

Cell Ccancellation of account

I have been trying since early September to cancel my account. Upon further investigation as to why it didn't cancel on 22 October as was suggested by the operator, I was told that it had not been cancelled, but instead extended to October 2018. On 27 October at 9 in the morning I insisted again that it be cancelled immediately, and I was promised it would take 30mins. Now, a day later...guess what???? So...I phone again on 28 October. And surprise..can't help me today, I have to try again on 30 October. I think this is getting ridiculous.

• Cell C's response · Oct 28, 2017

Dear Ms. Tyzack

Please email us the Cell C number in question + your contact details to [email protected]

One of our consultants will call you to assist.

• Cell C's response · Oct 30, 2017

Dear Ms Tyzack

We have still not received your contact details and would really like to assist resolve the matter.

Please do not forget to email your contact details to [email protected]

Cell Ccell c

Hi Theodora,

Please explain to me why you did not do what you had promised to do and today you debited my account with the amount of R584.00

What exactly is this amount for as you collected your router and we only got the initial contracted data which is 1GB daytime and 1GB nigh time. And this contract is R150.00.

I will appreciate a quick response and I would appreciate it more if you can refund my account with the balance asap as this is my money and I need to use it for my kids!!!

For how long are you planning to torture me so?

See below my initial complaint on the 27 September 2017:
                                  Good day,

I would like to lay a complaint against CellC.

On August 26th 2017 I went to the CellC Branch in Zevenwacht Mall to confirm if I was still illegible for an upgrade after I received a call from CellC but at the time declined the offer. I was advised that I was yes I do qualify for the deal 20gb daytime data and 20gb nightime data for R299 per month on the router, but the way the store consultant explained the upgrade process to me, which didn't make any sense, I decided not to take the upgrade at the store than and rather pay the contract the remaining 2 months and take my business elsewhere. On the 30th of August 2017 I was contacted by one of CellC's outsource company's agents her name is Kim. I received this call round about 9o'clock the morning and her explanation of the upgrade process made more sense. I explained to her of the encounter I had in the branch and her exact words was "The consultant spoke utter nonsense". She advised that I have R160 remaining on the current contract and if I agreed to upgrade the contract on that day for the 20gb daytime and 20gb nightime data for R299 per month I would get the data on the 1st of September and that the router will be dropped the following day on 31st September 2017 and we'll be able to use the router immediately as we will get a pro-rated amount of data for that 1 day, but will receive the full data package on the 1st of September. She explained that she will split the R160 balance in 2 for me to pay
                                  R379 for the month of September and R379 for the month of October and as of November the 25th I will pay R299 per month for this contract. This is because I wanted the upgrade to take effect immediately.
                                  The router was dropped the next day and we started using the router from the 1st wee in October as we were on holiday and only activated the router then. But we did not receive the full 20gb we were promised but only 10gb. I called into CellC since than on numerous occasions to query this and I have been transferred from 1 agent to another, calls has been dropped in my ear, I have been shouted at by agents and been spoke down on by others. I have not been assisted and by the 3rd week of calling in almost every 2nd day I requested that the contract be cancelled and I be placed on my old contract again to pay the remainder of the 2 months and when the contract expires I will NOT upgrade with CellC.

CellC is refusing to fetch their router from me and cancel the contract and top of this they want to bill me for this month's usage of the data that was half the amount they promised. They telling me that's because I used the 10gb. I advised them that the only reason I used it was because I was promised that they were going to add the other 10gb I was supposed to get on the 1st of September. If I knew they were not going to do like they promised I would not have used that data.

I am so disappointed in the poor customer service CellC delivers to their client. You would not say that we as the clients are their bread and butter.

Not to mention the amount of time I had to take out of my working day to speak to CellC and the airtime I had to load on my MTN sim card to phone them because I took out that contract for someone else who is using that number as their primary number and I do not have access to that number during the day and the time I do have access to that number the department I am supposed to be assisted by is closed already and nobody bothers to phone me back to assist me with my query.

PLEASE tell me that someone can help me with my query as CellC is refusing to.

Contract Number: [protected]
                                  Customer Name: Juanita Arries
                                  Reference number: [protected]

The number you can contact me on to provide feedback is [protected]

I WOULD LIKE A CALL BACK TODAY STILL BECAUSE YESTERDAY WHEN I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT THEODORA WAS GOING TO CALL ME BACK AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR HER CALL!!!

• Cell C's response · Oct 27, 2017

Dear Ms Arries

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Our team is looking into the matter and will revert with feedback.

Do expect our call soon.

^NT

Cell Cunauthorized contracts and debit orders

I can not tell you how many times i spoke to different celll c operators regarding contracts that is registered on my name and about unauthorized debit order transactions from my bank accoint. I do not use cell c network i had one contract two years ago. Cell c took over three thousand rands from my bank.Account once again this month. I am way past the point of patients now. I demand cell c to provide me with proof of contracts signed by myself as well as debit order authorization signed by me. I demand this resolved immediately.

• Cell C's response · Oct 27, 2017

Dear Mr Swart

Please email us your ID number + contact details to [email protected]

Our team will look into the matter and provide assistance.