Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Cell C — emergency airtime

I'm not happy at all with this network, I bought air time on the 24/10/17 you took the amount that I'm owing...

Cell C — zte router

My ZTE router is off and on keeps saying cant connect to this network been to the store worked after for 1...

Durban

Cell Cunethical behaviour

My name is jillian coetzer. I ordered a zte mf920v mifi lte router from a cell c consultant who called me to offer me the contract with cell c. I told her I was reluctant to purchase the router because I live in rispark in the south of johannesburg where we have very poor cell c coverage and I needed the router for home use only as I have wi-fi coverage at work. I was assured that there was definitely coverage in my area.
The router was delivered to my place of work on 27/07/2017. Order number: [protected]-1, internal ref: [protected].
An additional sta-cell c sim 3 in 1 was also delivered. Order number: [protected]-1, internal ref: [protected]. When I enquired about the additional sim card I was told that another contract had been opened by mistake by the sales consultant and the contract would be cancelled.
I was still billed for this sim card however.
From the first day I received the zte router, I was unable to connect to the internet from the rispark area.
I called the call centre almost daily afterwards to report the problem. I was told technicians would be sent out, was transferred to the technical department, received instructions via sms which I followed, received numerous case numbers and no results at all.
In desperation I finally went into the cell c store at the mall of the south and spoke to daniel who tried everything he could to connect the router there in the shop to no avail. He told me he couldn't help me and I had to keep calling the call centre.
I kept calling and every time received a new case number which I have records of and promises of technicians coming to my house. Nobody called or came to my house.
I eventually logged a complaint on hello peter and was contacted by derrick makhubele from cell c and told that he was now investigating the case.
I contacted him again for feedback and was told that there was indeed a network problem in my area and that I would be immediately released from the contract and that I should hand the device in at my nearest cell c branch. I was told that the current invoice would be credited.
I went back to the branch, spoke to mpumi and was told that I couldn't hand the device in there.
I then asked for an email from mr. Makhubele with an sd number sd655287 that I could hand in with the device at the branch as requested. Eventually mpumi accepted the device and booked it in on the 15/10/2017.
This morning 25/10/2017, the money was again deducted from my account!
When I called mr makhubele on [protected] he said that I still owed the money from september and the contract has still not been cancelled.
This is beyond ridiculous now. I was sold a product under false pretences that cell c finally admitted didn't work and I am still paying for it 4 months later.
Surely the entire amount of money that i've wasted on this product and service should be refunded.
Please assist.

• Cell C's response · Oct 25, 2017

Dear Ms Coetzer

Your contract with Cell C has been terminated. Please note that you are still liable for the September payment which was not received.

• Cell C's response · Oct 25, 2017

Dear Mr Coetzer

Our Social Media Support Team will be contacting you to finalize the matter and ensure the account is closed.

Please await our call which you will be receiving today.

Cell Cinternet access

Internet on LTE-A router off and on for last three weeks - majority of the time off.
    Can't get help. Get told I'll be called back - I don't.
    Was told a 'regional manager' needed to be contacted and I'd be called. Nothing.
    How do I get refunded for the third of the month I've been unable to use the service?
    How do I get Internet working?
    Current (latest) reference number is [protected]

Kensington, Johannesburg

Dear Mr. Harris

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The matter has been escalated and our team will be calling you to assist.

Cell Cunauthorized debit order

I have contracts with Cell C, but recently they are debit my account with an amount of R379 which I did not authorize, on the 20th of October an amount of R669 was debited from my account, as far as I know and understand the contracts I have with Cell C none of them is R379, I also fail to understand why am I not getting any statements or some form of communication from their side from them on both accounts I have, this is really affecting my account status as I have to reverse those payments because I did not authorize them.
      I want a full explanation and apology from Cell C why they are debiting my account because according to the NCR Act Rules, a creditor is not supposed to debit anyone's account without their knowledge or authority and if anyone is not happy with the services, concerns must be raised.
      I really hope that this matter is resolved as I cannot handle this ill treatment from Cell C

Dear Mr. Gabaza

Thank you for making contact with Cell C.

Please send us your Cell C + contact number to [email protected]

Our team will look into the matter and provide feedback.

^NS

Cell Cprepaid airtime did not come through

Good day

I hope this email finds you well.

On Thursday last week at 18:59 (12.10.2017) I purchased airtime through standard bank cellphone banking for the amount of R130. Today is the 20.10.2017 and still have not received the voucher . My bank advised me contact Cell C the money has been debited from my account. After contacting Cell c, the consultant said I must wait 24hours the voucher will reflect on my side, nothing happened. I contacted cell c again, spoke to a different consultant and she advised me to email them my bank statement to [protected]@cellc.co.za. I sent them them my bank statement on Tuesday (17.10.2017) and got an auto reply mail saying a consultant will contact me soon and they never did. Today (20.10.2017) I decide to contact them and spoke to different consultants, the other one said my query has not been lodged, I must resend my bank statement to the same email address. I did that then after a few hours I received an SMS saying I should return to the bank for further assistance with my recharge query. I called cell c costumer care again because the message they sent to me wasn't clear. I wasn't sure what I am going to say to the bank about this issue. The consultant said to me her manager says they will load the airtime in my account but I will be blocked from getting the mega bonus benefits. I explained to the consultant that I purchased the airtime because I wanted to get the Mega bonus benefits and why will I be blocked from getting them?. She said that's what her manager says. I dont understand why I shouldn't get the benefits because I am also a cell c customer. I am deeply disappointed with Cell c. Today is the 8th day since I purchased the airtime and I still have not received it. Its a big inconvenience to me as a costumer. Please assist

Here's is the reference # [protected].
        cell number: [protected]

Regards,
        Siziphiwe Matole

• Cell C's response · Oct 24, 2017

That's great news.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist.

• Updated by szpwe · Oct 24, 2017

I received the voucher this morning. Thanks for your help

• Updated by szpwe · Oct 23, 2017

Here's my alternative number [protected]

Good Day

May we have an alternative contact number we can reach you on?

Our team is struggling to get ahold of you in [protected].

• Cell C's response · Oct 20, 2017

Dear Ms. szpwe

Thank you for posting to us.

We would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Our team will call you to assist.

Cell Cc-fibre

Our dealings are with Clayton Adams (whom has no clue what client service means) who works in the Plattekloof branch.

He signed us up and connected us, and that was the last of him, no matter that we are not actually getting the service we are paying for.

He activated our fibre via cellC on 05.10.2017. He showed us the speed test and it had great promise. But our fibre speed looks great on test, but the actual internet speed experience is worse than our previous ADSL at 10mbps that we exchanged for fibre. We have lagging on opening programs, emails and internet and apps like skype.

We even tried Clayton's boss GS Trong last week Friday, and he promised to send a technician the next business day (Monday past) and here we are, not another word from him, no technician sent, neither is he picking up his phone.

Our IT guy has checked that it's not our network or server causing the problem. I have asked Vumatel to check on their side, they claim its fine.

Now I have called, whatsapped and emailed Clayton, but no answer, no reply, nothing. It is now 2 weeks later.

We have not cancelled our ADSL and are paying double.

We are a very busy business and need proper speed to work with.

Kindly reply to this email confirming receipt, and please supply a reference number.

Kind regards,

Debbie Visser
          Mitchell Properties
          [protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 19, 2017

Dear Ms Visser

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our team will be calling you to assist with your query.

^BM

Cell Chelp me renew my contract early please

After talking to three agents yesterday and three today after having to listen to a long list of mostly irrelevant options, think i counted 7 to get a person to talk to me and palm me off to the next agent...im still no closer to resolving my issue which should really not be difficult.
            My request is to renew a contract that is due for renewal in Jan 2018 in Novemenber 2017. With a LG Q4 phone. I understand there will be penalties which im happy to bear.
            The third agent at 17h33 last night told me that I needed to speak to Sipho in the upgrade dept that worked until 18h00 but he had left at 17h00??? 1 man band???
            Today i was asked to dial 084143 the upgrades dept who could still not help.
            Why is this so difficult????

• Cell C's response · Oct 18, 2017

Dear Mr. GEN2017

Thank you for posting to Cell C.

Please email us your Cell C + contact number to [email protected]

Our team will assist.

^NS

Cell C — get more service being billed on my account

I have tried countless times to get cell c to stop billing me for Getmore and all I get from your consultant...

GlocellCap on phone not adhered to

I recently received an astronomical bill - which cannot be true as I have a cap on my phone that Glocell has adhered to since taking over my contract. I have called their customer care so many times but they either leave me on hold or put down when they cant answer the question. I have emailed them numerous times with only 1 email reply and radio silence. I have since received an email to say they will suspend my cellphone for lack of payment but now cant get hold of anyone.

• Cell C's response · Oct 23, 2017

Dearest Mrs Gloria Pucciatti, Thank you kindly for reaching out to Glocell . One of our support consultants will be in contact with you shortly to assist . Kind Regards Pam Henry 0841234

• Wi
                  Wind T Nov 20, 2017

The same happened to me. My bill went up in 2 months with more than triple what my limit is. Glocell is holding me accountable for this due to an old limit increase I signed in Dec 2016. Apparently you are still responsible for your account - even if you have requested a limit cap on your account? And the contract was renew on new terms etc in Jun 2017? I would love to know if there are more of us out there with the same problem?

Nadja Swart Nov 13, 2017

You can email me at [email protected] or call me on [protected]

• Pa
                  Pamerla Nov 13, 2017

@Nadja Swart Thank you mam a consultant will be in contact with you soonest to assist

Nadja Swart Nov 13, 2017

Hi there
                  I have sent glocell over 10 emails and no one responds!
                  Iv called numerous of times and still no answer!
                  I need someone to get hold of me asap as i need to sort out my bill!
                  As previous message you said someone will get hold of me?

Nadja2804 Nov 06, 2017

Exactly the same thing has happened to me.. Ridiculous service!
                  Cannot get hold of anyone at glocell!
                  Will not settle my bill until they have sorted my bill out... Would love to hear back from them!!
                  Need my phone back online

Nadja2804 Nov 06, 2017

@Pamerla You can contact me on [protected] for now as you have blocked my number

• Pa
                  Pamerla Nov 06, 2017

@Nadja2804 Good Day Nadja, Thank you for reaching out to Glocell. May I kindly request you please provide us with your contract number to phone you to assist with your enquiry. Kind Regards Pam Henry 0841234

Cell Cpoor service/ information given not correct/choice of cell phone poor

Sirs, I ventured into the Cell C shop at the water front at Cape Town and was approached by an employee who asked me about my current Cell C contract. He told me that he had contracts that were much better now and would work out much cheaper for me and I would get a much better phone. I decided this was a good idea. The next thing I knew I was being asked to pay out my exsisting contract and I had to run around to find a pick n pay shop where I could pay R1901.62 which I did. I was assured that was my old contract now completed. I still have the original receipts for this transaction. We then started to open up the new contract. Also the new Nokia phone a Nokia 5. All looked well but for some reason we needed some data so I was told it would not be charged to me but later I found that it was. The phone was opened and the person serving me entered a password and we later found it had been entered incorrectly and the phone locked. I took the blame for this to prevent the server getting into trouble and another phone was opened. All seemed to go well. I was happy with the post paid pinnacle 250 it was only going to cost me R399 per month and only a little more that I had been paying before my other bills were about R330 approx per month. Better phone and more data, minutes and sms's. Got the phone home but the wifi calling was not functioning. After more calls to the waterfront cell C and a visit where I sat for no less than 5 hours to get my problem sorted it was discovered that the Nokia phone was not able to do the wifi calling although it was being openly advertised by Cell C that it could. Nokia 6 could also not do this. I was offered another replacement phone but would need to come back at a later date. It was decided over yet another call to the waterfront Cell C manager that I could have three choices on the phone change over. I took what I thought was the better of the three phones which turned out to be a SAMSUNG J7 I had a SAMSUNG J5 on my old contract so felt very disappointed that after being with Cell C so long I was only on a J7 phone. I got the new phone after another trip into Cell C and off I went. My first Bill came in At R1138.43 which I complained about to the manager at cell C water front. She agreed it must be wrong and I stopped the payment. I told the manager at Cell C and she said she would certainly look into it. Several calls later and messages from Cell C telling me I was in arrears and if I did not pay I would be placed on bad debtors lists and would not be able to get credit. Costs would also be applied to my out standing debt. I did respond by telling Cell C it was being deal with by the Manager of Cell C in the water front but this message was not responded to. I then found that the Manager herself was not returning my calls so thought it best to reinstate the payment of R1138.34 which I did. I intended to make a formal complaint to the ombudsman and spoke with them. They said I would need a complaint reference number from Cell C. I emailed the Manager at Cell C and requested this no fewer than three times but each request was ignored. My next Bill came in and although I still had lots of minutes left and lots of Sms's and lots of data the bill was still R511.55. This upto date with all the costs and trips and calls was adding up to a hectic overall expensive and stressful change to my life. It then became apparent that my Wifi calling was not actually functioning very well at all. I also found out that my phone would NOT function on 0860 numbers. I found this out only after some one had rear ended me and I needed to call my car insurance people. The call would not go through. I also tried later that day to call my medical insurance and again the call would not go through. I then noted that although I was getting these large bills the Cell C app I had don loaded some time ago ws only showing very small amounts to pay and the *147# number was showing even less? More confusion. I then found out that even though I had good strong wifi at my home wifi calling would not connect or cut me off during a call. This I found out when trying to call my sons school to let them know he was ill and could not come to school that day. I had to use my land line because my cell phone just would not function. Using the Cell C app I requested invoices be sent to me. This did happen but then what should be a simple process of opening your invoice it became another nightmare trying to down load various programs to open the invoices. One I down loaded then asked me for a password?? what password?? I had lots none worked. I ended up going to Cell C at my local shopping mall to ask them to print my invoice which they did, but were not very happy about using the paper. I gave up with Cell C. I madea complaint on the Cell C app and was indeed contacted. A very pleasant man arrived some days later and I explained all my woes. He told me this service was unacceptable and I must complain and he would pass me a complaints ref number this number was [protected]. I see now that my next bill will be R411.02 still higher but better I guess. I have been told that I should switch off wifi calling that way I can first use up my free minutes. Then wifi calling can take over if it actually works. I would like the accounts looked at carefully for my payments to make sure I have not been over charged or charged for something I did not get. For Instance I was charged a pro rata for getting my new contract at the 22nd July 17 but did not have a properly functioning phone until the begining of August. actually I could argue I still dont have a functioning phone because wi fi call and 0860 numbers do not work and they certainly should I feel. I also feel that after such a period of time with Cell C where I have paid all my accounts on time and in full, save for the one I certainly queried and was supported by one of your managers. I think it would be a nice thing for Cell C to do to allow me a much better Cell Phone. I am disappointed with Cell C at present. You advertised openly a product with a phone that could at that time not function correctly. At no time was I ever told 0860 would not work on the phone and that is a serious safety matter I feel. That really does need to be put right at once . I have not at this time gone back to the Ombudsman but will keep that and this correspondence in hand if need be. Please Cell C start looking after your long standing clients. Thank you.

• Cell C's response · Oct 14, 2017

Hi Mr 241254

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please forward your contact details to [email protected] and our team will get in touch with you to assist. We have escalated your query in the interim.

Cell Chandset not received

I applied for the phone three days ago 10/10/2017 and it has not arrived today is 14/10/2017 but I've submitted all my details to your consultants over the phone, and they said I am qualifying but still I h don't get my phone .so if the phone doesnot arrive within three days I will go to nedbank and block cell c on deducting my money at the end of the month, because I nom don't understand if it fraud or something cellphone number is [protected] I live at gauteng, benoni wattville my cellphone no is [protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 16, 2017

Dear Mr Doooige

Kindly note that we have not been able to reach you on the number(s) *******796.

Please forward an alternative number to [email protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 14, 2017

Dear Mr Doooige

Thank you contacting Cell C.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Our team will be calling you to assist in sorting out this issue.

Glocell — Sim swop

Hi there! I have done a sim swop two days ago. I still have not available calls or sms. I cannot dail out or...

Port Elizabeth

Cell Ccell c surance

On the 06th of september i complained here about the poor service and confusion that was provided by cell c store and contact centre.

I will not write the full story again, i don't have time to do that as i get different feedback from different departments.

My issue is still not resolved, i even reversed my debit order last month to get your attention guys but that hasn't helped either.

Can someone call me on this number [protected] as my cell c contract has been suspended

• Cell C's response · Oct 13, 2017

Dear Ms Nakani

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

We have escalated your query, and our team will be calling you to assist.

GlocellFraud

Good day,

Yesterday I was going through my Credit report and to my surprise I have 2 contract phones with GloCell. Incorrect surname and address have been used.

Please assist on what am I suppose to do to clear my name. And I really don't understand how a big company like this can approve 2 contract in one month without checking the information that was supplied to you.

Regards,
                      Lizzy

Cell C — non - service delivery from cell c

Full names of complainant Mr Alexander Rowlands Devar ID number of complainant [protected] Postal...

Cell Cincorrect handset delivered/poor customer service

I did an application over the phone for a Samsung J5 Prime, i received a handset on 06/10/2017. Upon opening the package, i realised that it was the incorrect phone. Instead of The Prime, i received the normal J5. I called in an hour later as they close from 12pm - 1 pm, and i was told that a collection was booked for Monday 09/10/2017 and they had already put in the order for the correct phone. It is now Tuesday, i am still awaiting pick up of the incorrect phone. I called in this morning and was advised that the incorrect handset has to reach them before they can book a new one. I just want to know, How is this my Fault?? as a customer, i was approved of the the phone i chose, the incorrect phone was sent to me. Do people not check?? Why isn't there anything being done? Bear in mind the 7 day collection rule...

• Cell C's response · Oct 10, 2017

Dear Ms Patriksha

Thank you for posting to us.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

Please email us your Cell Cnumber and contact details to [email protected]

We will take it from here.

Cell C — sim swap

My sim swap request was declined due to them saying that I have provided incorrect answers.In reality no one...

Cell Crefusing to cancel contract

G day

I had 2 contracts with cell c wich I took last year around August, on the 10th July 2017 I called to cancell the airtime contract and the consultant gave me the amount that I must pay and sent the banking details in wich I should pay the amount to and said i should call back after 24 hours I did as he told me and called in the 12th of July 2017 the lady I got hold of assured me it was cancelled then on the 8th of September I realized the contract was stil active I called around 8:01am then they told me they will get back to me they are waiting for their team leader later around 14:19 I called again to enquire then that lady told me she will call me, she later called at 14:30 to tell me that the account was cancelled only to find out today when I received an email from cell c stating that I am owing . The number I cancelled is [protected], I am not owing cell c anything and want that account closed and stop sending emails coz I paid the required amount and was given an assurance that it was closed

• Cell C's response · Oct 10, 2017

Dear Ms Mpolokeng

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Please provide forward your contact number to [email protected]

^BM

Cell Cinternet services and lost data

I am phoning cellc customer care since last week. I have no internet coverage here for a week. And 200mb data is also lost. Every time I am phoning the call centre, they send me sms's to change the settings to use Vodacom 3G. And it is many times I am calling them. Every time the same story! I have changed the settings exactly as they said. Every one in this area have no cellc internet coverage. Cellc says the problem only occurs in the Western cape! But we are in Limpopo

• Cell C's response · Oct 09, 2017

Dear Mr Lubbe

Our dedicated Network Team is ready and equipped to assist with the network in your area.

Please email us your address and contact details to [email protected]