Having problems with CarTrawler?

CarTrawler reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 29, 2009. The latest review Hire car refund was posted on Jul 27, 2021. The latest complaint Refund. Booking number ES504044120 was resolved on Aug 11, 2020. CarTrawler has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 361 reviews. CarTrawler has resolved 11 complaints.

CarTrawler Customer Service Contacts

+353 14 999 600 (Ireland)
+44 203 582 8218 (United Kingdom)
+1 855 454 9316 (USA & Canada)
+61 280 152 643 (Australia)
+31 707 709 339 (Netherlands)
+351 213 665 562 (Portugal)
+62 21 2975 8990 (Indonesia)
+60 154 877 0821 (Malaysia)
+63 22 469 082 (Philippines)
+65 31 589 183 (Singapore)
+27 214 277 990 (South Africa)
+82 264 339 523 (South Korea)
+66 21 055 765 (Thailand)
+54 115 984 3539 (Argentina)
Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dundrum
Dublin 14
Ireland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarTrawler Customer Service. Initial CarTrawler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarTrawler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarTrawler. Discuss the issues you have had with CarTrawler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CarTrawler Complaints & Reviews, Page 17

CarTrawler — cancellation of car

I booked a car on car trawler and they gave me a car from woodford car rental. Two hours later I cancelled...

CarTrawlerterrible customer service, don't get back in touch

Booking Ref: CH808932210
CarTrawler Ref: [protected]

I hired a car for my manager who went on a business trip. Upon returning his vehicle, there was no-one there to collect the keys, do the checks or give the final paperwork. There was only a postbox for you to place your keys in once finished with the vehicle.
I contacted the customer service at CarTrawler (2/5/17) to see if anyone could shed any light, to make sure that they received the car ok and if they could help out with a final invoice.
As no-one had got back in touch and I hadn't received any confirmation, I called the company (3/5/17) who said that it hadn't been received and that there must have been some issue upon sending the query. She was very helpful and actually submitted the request on my behalf. I received the confirmation saying that it could take up to 20 days to complete the raised call.
The first correspondence was someone else's name (3/5) so I corrected them and they got back in touch (5/5)

"Appologies for the name mismatch when adressing you .
We are already in touch with our partner and awaitng a reply
I hope that this will help to resolve this matter to your satisfaction"
As I heard nothing by 9/5/17, I got back in touch asking for an update.
The response: "We are currently investigating your query.
As soon as we have a resolution we will be in contact with you.
Please note that you do not need to contact us unless we send you a request looking for further information.
Our investigation process can take up to 20 working days"
This message again had the wrong name after they had already amended it. I responded stating that it is unacceptable that they aren't able to get the name right, despite the amendment the first time. I have since had no response.
I emailed again today (2/6/17) asking why no-one has been in touch and why we can't have our final invoice or feedback making sure that everything was ok with the car when they received it.
I really son't see how hard it is to ask someone if the car was fine and for a copy of the final invoice. This issue is still not resolved and is causing much more paperwork than required.
I do not recommend it for business use at all and will certainly not be using them again or recommending them to anyone.

I am not looking for recompense, I am merely wishing to receive what I requested in the first place: 1 final invoice. 1 confirmation that the car was received.

CarTrawler — no car on arrival, office shut..

Hi there, it's brian jensen... I'm very disappointed in how you guys shuts down your office and let...

CarTrawlercar hire

I hired a car through argus car hire to be picked up from Avis car hire in the USA. When I hired car I had to use a credit card to pay and was told I had to produce this card when picking up the car and that it had to have a minimum of £2500 available credit that Avis could hold as security, which I did. When I went to get the car they couldn't get their card machine to work so wouldn't let us have the car, I spoke to them at the time and they said they would give me a refund but as I booked through you not them I would have to get back from you.
    We then had to go to a different car hire company and get another car where i used my card without any problems.
    When I returned home I contacted your company but was told as I failed a credit check I forfeited my money but I never had a credit check done as Avis don't do credit check if you have a credit card they just hold the £2500 on my card! When I pointed this out I was told it was an automative email that you send out, presumably in the hope that I would of believed it and stopped try to get my money back!! When I asked for some proof of what I did wrong you said you were looking into it and eventually come back with Avis requirements when hiring a car all of which I complied with.
    So I emailed back saying as I met all requirements when would I get my money back and haven't heard anything back since

CarTrawler — car rental from avis via swiss air in geneva

Cartrawler-avis-swissair Most people would like to think that swissair would like to protect their reputation...

Geneva

CarTrawlercar hire

We hired a 12 seater van from them using a credit card, but on producing the same card we were told that we cannot hire the car as my card is not functioning. We immediately tried making another transaction with it to confirm the same and it went through. There was clearly a problem with their system and they refused to refund me my payment. Still awaiting a reply from them

CarTrawlerI didn't get my rental​ car

I went to the dayton ohio airport to pick up my car that I made reservations for online from 5/1/2017 to 5/08/2017) my account was (It1004072) confirmation (H2870515548) voucher (Us818469770) when I get to thrifty to pick up the car I was asked if I had a departure time and arrival time. I replied no and I was told I could not get the car so I ask could I have my refund back sense I never got the car if I would recall it was $137.33 I rent cars there and I never had this problem all i'm asking is can I have my $137.33 refund back to my card. I was there 20 minutes before my reservation time.

CarTrawlercar category deception

I booked a car through Norwegian airways site, which redirected me to carTrawler. I chose a convertible car, and received a confirmation, with picture and characteristics of the car compatible. However, the car brand looked suspicious to me. I contacted their consumer service to get clarification, and was told that it was a "loading error" with a wrong image, and that there was actually no convertible car available. BEWARE!

car category deception

CarTrawler — mistaken credit card debit after reservation of flight and car rental

Dear Sir, Madam, Referring to exchange of information with Thrifty services and Ryanair services, I am...

CarTrawlercar hire - 3rd email

Ref - FR779623610

This is my 3rd email to you . Still no response.

We were due to be picked up from CDG airport on Friday 10th March, but realised as soon as we booked we put the incorrect pick up point in so tried to change the pick up point but as we were due to be picked up within 24 hrs it kept saying we had to cancel our booking - which would of ment a £50 charge - and re-book. This wasn't worth it so I tried in vain to call Cartrawler for some advise/help - i couldn't get through to anybody, terrible customer service and when I finally got through to someboby they gave me the emergency phone number for the AA. I called back twice explaining the phone number was incorrect and twice they gave me the same number.

This ruined the start of our holiday, it was so stressful trying to move our pick up point to 5 mins down the road so we decided not to bother and keep the pick up point the same and we will make our way back to the original pick up point, but then our pick up got cancelled - we have been charged £50 and then hard to pay out for another taxi to take us to Disney. It was so stressful and upsetting.

This is my 3rd email, still no response to any of my emails. I would like a response and my £50 back asap.

Thanks

CarTrawlercar rental - awful cust. support, ignore emails, cancellation made almost impossible by nonfunctioning system or bad faith

Cancellation process took 24 hrs of repeated attempts and finally internet digging to find a tel # to contact since:
              -their cancellation systrm on line did not work despite all policies and terms followed. (12+ attempts)
              -they ignored multiple emails via their "contact us" form
              -replies to email from which they send are refused. "[protected]@cartrawler.com"
              -they instruct [protected]@cartrawler.com to be used in an online directory one has to search for separately, but that email server is misconfigured and does not accept emails.
              -they have no tel # listed for "US Office" in Boston
              -Online search to find tel # ends up with a list that takes one, via US# to reach a foreign office in INdia where one is told it is easy to Cancel online and thats where i should have gone, simultaneously denying it is a tel center in India.
              -1st and last experience with this co. Reserved viaNorwegian Air car rentals which clearly suvs out to this awful co. Doubt we will ever again reserve any car thru Norwegian Air cartrawler.

CarTrawler — car rental

I booked a rental through Volotea for a car in Venice, It that was handled by Cartrawler. I got a...

CarTrawler — cartrawler rental for dollar is a rip off

This company is no good... I rented a mini van for my vacation... Paid over $100 extra for mini van... When I...

CarTrawlerno show at airport or hotel!

I booked and paid in full for a return car from Phuket airport on 25/12/16 and return from hotel to airport on 04/01/17 and no car turned up at either venue despite receiving text messages from them telling me where to wait ! I waited at the airport ... no car I called the telephone number on my booking and was told they couldn't find any record of my booking and to get a taxi at my own expense and they would reimburse me. What a joke !! They also never showed up for the return journey. This debacle has now been going on for over 6 weeks now with cartrawler emailing generic emails stating 'they are trying to find a resolution' to my query. What query ... they took my money and did not provide a service and they will not answer my emails now nor will they refund my money!

CarTrawlercar transfer from airport to hotel

To whom it may concern, I booked a car transfert from Bcn to my hotel on Friday, February 10th. The shuttle's driver never showed up, I stood up at the airport for two hours, called the nimber provided with my voucher and no one would answer. What a disrespectful behavior!! I sent an email to complain and to ask for a refund. So far, i have received no reply!! I try to cancel another booking on the portal. Obviously it's impossible. To me, it's clearly a fraud !!!

CarTrawlerdebited twice for one car hire

Angela steadman ref-gb655310970 and gb656041890. I booked a car hire on line through your company cartrawaler on 22/06/16. Which wouldnt authorise on my debited card so I did it again which worked 2nd time. The dates were for 22/06/16 to 29/06/16. When I checked my bank statement I had been charged twice one on 23/06/16 for 172.07 euro and again on 28/06/16 for 184.13 euro. I have sent about 10 emails to your customer care department and the last reply I had was on the 13/07/16 from tiaman asking for a screenshot of my charges which I sent him, but since then I havent had a reply. Could you please look into this matter and let me know asap what is happening. Thank you, angela steadman.

CarTrawlercar rental

I booked what I thought was through Norwegian Air Loyalty a Car Rental for my trip to Portugal. It was a bit confusing as it redirected me to this site which just says "powered by" just like Sabre. Regardless I booked my trip and printed the confirmation out and was on my way. The voucher lists the pick up and drop off locations at Sixt and who to contact. When I needed to modify my booking I called Sixt directly and shortened it from 9/24 to 9/27. They said to check for refund when I returned as Norwegian only has a Norwegian number to call! They then directed me to Cartrawler who said there was nothing I could do because I was supposed to call them. I have pictures of the booking. THE PHONE NUMBER to call is on the 7th page of booking at very bottom of page in gray and says simply "phone no [protected]" Nothing about policy, that the line is for customer service etc. I reached out to them via phone email etc. and they said they cannot do anything and that Sixt prob still charged them for those days so they cant give me a refund or credit. DO NOT PREPAY WITH THEM OR WORK WITH THEM. Their team is rude, unapologetic and their user interface is misleading!

• Ji
                          Jim Daly Aug 30, 2018

I booked through Norwegian Air Car Rental for my trip to Ireland because it appeared they would offer a discount to Norwegian customers. Prior to traveling I was charged the rental fee for the car of $259.41 by Carhire . At the airport I expected to be charged for the insurance. The additional charge from SIXT was $499.77 JUST FOR INSURANCE AND AN ADDITIONAL DRIVER FORA 6 DAY RENTAL! The total of this compact low level car was $759.18 for a 6 day rental of a low level vehicle. Because a 3rd party company (Cartrawler) was involved my options at the airport were to walk away and lose what I paid: $259.41 to Carhire, allow SIXT to put a lien on my credit card for the total value of the car, or take the insurance and deal with it later - which I did. There were 3 layers to this rental and all parties have been difficult to reach. I WILL NEVER USE Cartrawler or carhire or SIXT again! I hope Norwegian Air will help me with this situation since they are the one's who directed me to the rental.

CarTrawler — car rental

Misleaded by a link on the SWISS internet site I booked a car for Brindisi Airport with cartrawler. Giving...

CarTrawler — car booking - no car, no refund

I rented a vehicle online in May 2016. I was going to be visiting friends in the UAE and whilst making my...

Dubai

Cartrawler.com rental car

I booked a car rental today with cartrawler.com. I tried to cancel the same booking within 30 mins from booking the rental car. I have since had to make 3 phone calls to AVIS car rental to try and cancel as cartrawler.com's website did NOT allow me to cancel the booking online - it returns to the same page - last step in the cancelations process and does not proceed any further. FINALLY had to google to find an actual contact number to call cartrawler.com directly as NO CONTACT details on their website!!! I finally managed to contact someone to cancel the booking. What is final outcome - I will be charged R850 cancellation fee for trying to cancel a booking 30 minutes after making said booking. THIS COMPANY is appalling and their customer service is unacceptable. I will never rent a car from this website ever again. If there are any South African trying to rent from this website - you can reach cartrawler.com at [protected] when things go south.