Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

Having problems with Carnival Cruise Lines?

1300 385 625 (Australia)
+1 800 764 7419 (Customer Service)
+1 800 845 2599 (Online Support Team)
+1 800 929 6400 (Guest Care)
+44 843 374 2272 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 442 095 (New Zealand)
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Complaints & Reviews

Carnival Cruise Linesrefund of deposit

I booked a cruise for my family 6 June 2017 to sail on Carnival Magic 19 May 2018. Due to my military unit being mobilized for a year I had to cancel. I booked the cruise well in advance, paid for cancellation insurance and have cancelled prior to my last payment and well before non-refundable cutoff date. I am surprised that the cruise line will not refund the full deposit for military personnel under these situations.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 28, 2018

Dear Branham D.

We are sorry to hear you had to cancel your family trip due to being deployed. We truly appreciate the sacrifices that the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces make to ensure that we all live safe and happy lives. Please submit supporting documentation to [protected]@carnival.com as we will not response to you request via this open forum.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 28, 2018

Please make sure to include your booking, ship and sail date on all correspondence in order to be able to complete the review.

Shaun R. Feb 25, 2018

Thank you for your service Branham! It's very much appreciated.

• Wa
      [email protected] Dec 08, 2018

My wife Sandra Smalls and I took a cruise on the Carnival Magic November 11, 2018 and we encountered weather issues that precluded the ship from making stops at Grand Cayman, Belize or Mahogany Bay! We were all promised a 25% discount on our next Carnival Cruise. Our booking number was 1HND92. Please acknowledge in writing.

Feb 19, 2018

Carnival Cruises — credit or refund for cruise not taken for medical emergency

My wife Christi and I were to cruise on the Elation, departing from Jacksonville FL on 27 January 2018...

Carnival Cruise Linescrew behavior

We are booked for a cruise on July 3, 2018 with booking number 8XS98001 on the Legend and being an elderly couple not able to navigate fast and have learned of an incident where the crew threw punched at passengers and was wondering if the same crew would be on board on our sailing. Also I am trying to schedule FTF and hope a cancellation of other passengers might let this happen to be available.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 20, 2018

Please be assured, the goodwill of our guests is very important to us and we are responsive to any problem that is brought to our attention.

In regards to your inquiry, we have a zero tolerance approach to excessive behavior that affects other guests. In line with this policy, we cooperated fully with local authorities in Australia to remove a large family group who had been involved in disruptive acts aboard the vessel.

Our security team responded in several instances to extremely unruly behavior by these guests while the ship was at sea. One particular altercation in the nightclub began when the group physically attacked other guests. The actions seen on the video by our security team are not in line with our values and policies. We are conducting a full investigation and will take appropriate corrective action as necessary.

Carnival Cruise Linesrefund for having to change my dates

I had booked a cruise and had to reschedule due to our daughters graduation. Normally graduation is at the end of May, this year it is May 11. My husband and I checked with our employer to see what other dates were available for vacation time, the first full week of November was the only time both of us could get vacation. I called to move our cruise date, however I was told I would lose my credit of $700. Our original sail date was May 6th - 10th 2018, we moved the date to November 4th - 8th.. We would have gone sooner but we were unable to get vacation time at the same time. Unsure of why I am losing my credit.

Good day,

We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at [protected] ext. 70355. We do not suggest putting any personal information including booking numbers, phone numbers etc. on an open forum.

Anita Bawnghit Feb 18, 2018

It's in the fine print. The same thing happens with airplanes, resorts, concert tickets. You book it, and if you can't make it you're out. I don't know if Carnival offers it, but I took a cruise on Royal Caribbean. And it gave the option of insurance.Same with concert tickets. I always get the insurance on those. This way I am only out $15 rather than the full face value.

Feb 18, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines — my suite room 6258 on carnival miracle

We just returned from our 7 day cruise on the Carnival Miracle. My husband and I have been on probably at...

Carnival Cruise Linescruise

I booked the new grand deck on the elation for 2-5-18 sail date. BIG mistake. The new rooms and decor were beautiful however almost impossible to get to. I spent a large portion of my trip just waiting on one elevator to get to deck 14. One was broken the whole trip and happened to be the same one that was broken on the sane ship a year earlier when we sailed. There is no other way to deck 14 other than stairs which I am unable to climb. Thats just the beginning. Carnival service has declined to the point that i would rather pay more on any other line. Our stateroom was never cleaned 2 out of 5 days, dirty dishes left, no soap all week ( used our own) had to beg to get ice etc. We were not able to use the dining room all week due to long lines! At least 30 minutes wait every night so we tried tge tiffany restaurant. Another big mistake. The food was not good. The salad bars stayed empty, and the once amazing desserts were frozen, sliced cakes leaving a lot to be desired. We settled for pizza that once again you had to wait a long time. The only good thing was the guys hamburgers but came with a long wait also. We bought a shore excursion to atlantis. Although beautiful, the experience was awful. We were cattle driven to buses, herded into them, dropped off with no idea what to do and left to figure it out. After waiting another 30 minutes at guest services to ask for help we we told to call customer service after we got home as there was nothing they could do! This was my 9th cruise and each time it has gone down hill. I will call tomorrow and see if carnival truly even cares.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 13, 2018

Good afternoon:

I believe that this is a duplicate to the post you added on February 11, 2018; but in the event you do not see the response there, we have listed it for you here as well:

While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cabin and the décor, we regret to learn of the unfortunate circumstances you were met with onboard and appreciate an opportunity to be of assistance. In order for us to better understand your position regarding this matter, we respectfully request that you contact our Guest Care Department. At that time, a file can be created for you and the matters can be reviewed in detail. When placing your call, please be prepared to give your full name and have your booking number handy. We do not recommend you adding personal information to a public forum. Our corporation does not own or maintain this website.

For your convenience, a representative can be reached directly by dialing toll-free: [protected], or locally at: [protected], extension 76400. Our team members are looking forward to speaking with you. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

We're confident your concerns will be handled expeditiously.

• Updated by Debbie 40 · Feb 13, 2018

I did call customer service and was exactly right. They do not care. I was offered a 25 dollar on board crefit towards my next cruise. That was insulting. I spent over $ 2300 on this cruise including fare, excursions, drinks etc and was told "we dont give any refunds" You wont have to bother with us again!

Carnival Cruise Linescruise

I booked the new grand deck on the elation for 2-5-18 sail date. BIG mistake. The new rooms and decor were beautiful however almost impossible to get to. I spent a large portion of my trip just waiting on one elevator to get to deck 14. One was broken the whole trip and happened to be the same one that was broken on the sane ship a year earlier when we sailed. There is no other way to deck 14 other than stairs which I am unable to climb. Thats just the beginning. Carnival service has declined to the point that I would rather pay more on any other line. Our stateroom was never cleaned 2 out of 5 days, dirty dishes left, no soap all week (used our own) had to beg to get ice etc. We were not able to use the dining room all week due to long lines! At least 30 minutes wait every night so we tried tge tiffany restaurant. Another big mistake. The food was not good. The salad bars stayed empty, and the once amazing desserts were frozen, sliced cakes leaving a lot to be desired. We settled for pizza that once again you had to wait a long time. The only good thing was the guys hamburgers but came with a long wait also. We bought a shore excursion to atlantis. Although beautiful, the experience was awful. We were cattle driven to buses, herded into them, dropped off with no idea what to do and left to figure it out. After waiting another 30 minutes at guest services to ask for help we we told to call customer service after we got home as there was nothing they could do! This was my 9th cruise and each time it has gone down hill. I will call tomorrow and see if carnival truly even cares.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 13, 2018

Good afternoon:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, regarding your cruise aboard the Carnival Elation.

We're confident your concerns will be handled expeditiously.

Shaun R. Feb 11, 2018

Hi Debbie. Appreciated reading your concerns. What would you like to happen?

Carnival Cruise Linesrefused to refund deposit

We booked a cruise for April on the Carnival Breeze. My husband and I paid for all 4 rooms booked up front and the other guests were to pay us back for booking. 2 of the guests in rm#9218 Bk#9VD3X6 moved out of state Feb. 2nd, and left me and my husband with the cruise not paid. I called Carnival and explained the situation, and told them I had someone else to take the place of these 2, and all I wanted was to replace them for the other 2 previously booked in this room. We were told we would have to cancel this booking and lose the 500 dollar deposit, and rebook for the 2 new guests, because this was an early saver booking. I was not told we had booked an early saver cruise, and no one at carnival explained this to me when I called to book this cruise. This situation was out of our control, and I feel like 500 is a little much to charge us when all I wanted to do was exchange 2 passengers names for 2 more in the same room. The least the could have done was given us 500 onboard credit, but nothing was offered, just I'm sorry but you lost 500. We have cruised with Carnival previously and wanted to continue with our family cruises, but my husband is very upset about this and says we will never book another carnival cruise again unless they can somehow resolve this .

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 20, 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond. We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously.

After careful review, our records show that the reservation was canceled after the scheduled final payment date in which penalties are assessed. Unfortunately, name changes are not allowed as the guests did book under a non-refundable deposit. While we sincerely appreciate your input, we must respectfully advise that we're unable to honor your request for special consideration as the penalties are valid.

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

Carnival Cruise Linescarnival cruise lines and effy jewelry holding thousands of dollars hostage

Carnival Cruise Line and Effy Jewelry are holding thousands of dollars of my money hostage. Each claiming that the other has my money and that the process can take up to 6 months. I paid CASH on board.

I tried to return everything to Effy Jewelry while on board the Valor, however the salesperson told me that he cannot accept returns that it must be done once on land. Bear in mind that this was during the 24 hour period in which the shop made us wait to receive our receipts and appraisals. He provided the receipts to us immediately before closing on the final night of the cruise - imagine my surprise after opening the envelope in the stateroom when I see the back of the Effy Jewelry receipt says that returns must be done while on the same voyage.

Additionally, the blue diamond ring I purchased had to be sized, on board they assured me that Effy Jewelry would do it within 2 weeks. I contacted them the day I got home and was told that it will be 3 months for the ring to be sized. At that time, I asked for it to simply be returned, which they refused.

They accepted a return for the bracelet and the necklace purchased onboard the Valor, but REFUSED to accept a return for the ring purchased in the same transaction, despite the fact that the salesperson did not allow me to return while on board as he should have.

Effy has stated that they have received the two pieces they agreed to accept as a return. Effy has stated that they have processed the refund to Carnival.

Carnival Customer Care (I have called daily) has stated that they do not have the refund and cannot give me my money back until they receive the refund from Effy. Despite the fact that Effy has stated that they have the merchandise back!

Effy and Carnival have stated that it can take six months for this process to occur.

Why do these companies think it's OK to hold my money for 6 months?!?!?!

If it's a "guaranteed" shop on board a CARNIVAL SHIP, AND they have confirmed that they received the jewelry back, which EFFY Jewelry has done, then CarnivalCruise should refund their customer (me!) immediately, and pursue EFFYJewelry for the money.

Carnival has put me (and my money) in the middle of their payment drama. It's between EFFYJewelry and CarnivalCruise - why can't CarnivalCruise issue me a check for what I am owed and work it out with their vendor, EFFYJewelry separately?

I am supposed to board the Valor on February 15, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could assist in ending my suffering with this before then. I currently have four cruises booked with Carnival and ten past cruises. I gamble way too much in the Casino for my own good, so Carnival has certainly made their money off of me and needs to make this right. The right thing to do would be for Effy to process a full refund on the ring they are in possession of (in a three month wait for sizing), the bracelet and the necklace already in their possession and for Carnival to write me a check, THEN Carnival can sort it out with Effy (the vendor they have chosen to sell "high end" jewelry on board to [censor] customers who fall for their sub-par product like me).

Carnival Cruise Lineshealth concerns on cruise ship carnival splendor

My husband and I booked a cruise to the Mexican Riviera for Jan 27, 2018, on Carnival Splendor. Our first cruise. We also booked shore excursions in all three ports. On two of the excursions there was a group of folks who were quite obviously disabled (Down's syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc). One member of this group, a middle aged man, coughed incessantly while on the tour buses on both excursions. No attempt made to cover his coughing other than a hand held a couple inches from his face, which did no good. We tried to get away from him, but the buses were pretty full, and in fact, when we tried to seat away from him, another passenger irately and rudely made us leave the seats because they were "hers". We had no notice of seat assignments on the bus.
                In any case, we both started feeling ill on the fifth day of the cruise with respiratory illness, and now very ill with flu (although we were both vaccinated in October). Quite an ending to an anticipated vacation that was expensive for us.
                Additionally, on the second shore excursion to the tequila factories there was a youngish woman from the above group who had "four shots of tequila" she said, who became ill on the bus in the seat in front of us. Very disturbing. These people should have been monitored and supervised, and the man should have worn a mask or not been allowed to board the ship or the tour bus. The woman obviously needed supervision regarding her drinking.
                Now, we are both still coughing and ill, a week later.
                We realize that everyone has a right to enjoy a cruise, but our pleasure dissolved after becoming ill, which could easily have been prevented by better control and observation of the health of the passengers on the ship.
                We now have no intentions of cruising again after this experience.
                Thanks for allowing us to speak.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 09, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, following your first cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor.

We're extremely sorry to hear about the experience you and your husband had. We sincerely hope that by receipt of this email, both of you have fully recovered from your illness, and are no longer experiencing the symptoms you have described.

We’d like to apologize for any distress caused to your family by other guest’s in your vicinity while you were on two of your shore excursions. It is quite unfortunate that their behavior marred your overall enjoyment. Naturally, our guests are encouraged to show consideration for others. While we can’t change people’s behavior, we agree that courtesy and consideration for fellow travelers goes a long way. However, at the end of the day, our ships are much like floating hotels with thousands of people from all walks of life, spending a short burst of time together and it wouldn’t be possible for us to accept liability for the behavior of other guests.

Nevertheless, we are concerned with the impression you were left with and are grateful for the insight your feedback has given us as the safety and well-being of our guests is our top priority. With that in mind, we’ve shared your concerns with the relevant departments, so everyone is aware of the situation and can make any changes possible in the handling of incidents like this in the future.

As this public forum is not moderated by our corporation, if you should wish to speak with one of our representatives further, you are invited to contact our Guest Care Department. A representative can be reached directly by dialing toll-free: [protected], or locally at: [protected], extension 76400. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment and thank you for your feedback. We hope you will reconsider your position in the future and allow us an opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

Carnival Cruise Linesexcursion cancellation/refund

We were booked on a cruise on the Breeze in Aug. 2017. Right in the middle of Hurricane Harvey. We were told this cruise would sail on a shortened itinerary, so we drove to Galveston and got stuck on the island and could not get off. Cruise was cancelled two days in. We were offered a refund and 20% credit of that cruise cost on our next cruise. So we booked a new cruise leaving from Miami Feb 17, 2018. Today, Feb 10, 2018, I received an email that one of our excursions was cancelled due to being nonoperational. I paid with a GC that I purchased from Verizon with my own cash, and it was an Ecard. So they said by law they can only refund to the card I paid with. I can't access this Ecard any longer obviously. I said can you send another Ecard, or give OBC so I can use that money on the cruise that I am leaving for on Wednesday. No ma'am we can't we will have to mail you a new card. I said I'll be gone before it gets here. She said no worries, you can use it on your next cruise. At this point I never want to use Carnival ever again! I have been on the phone all day, I understand the law. I always understand they are quite capable of giving me an Ecard, or overnighting a gift card, or giving me OBC. That's all I want, is to be able to use that money on this cruise that I'm going on in 10 days! They waited until 10 days before the cruise to cancel an excursion that probably should have never been offered to begin with! Why would I want a GC I can use on my next cruise when I keep saying I won't cruise with Carnival? So what, I'm just out my money right? I posted on John Healds Facebook page and was contacted by a Shane, but have not heard from him. I don't want a GC I can't use. Why is this so hard? I would be completely satisfied with an offer of OBC for my cruise on the Glory on Feb. 17, 2017, or an issue of an Ecard that I can use on my cruise, or a new gift card issued by overnight mail.

• Updated by Rebecca Varino · Feb 08, 2018

I have been in contact with a few people at Carnival. Last night I spoke with a Maria, who was very nice and helpful. She was speaking with a lead agent by the name of Demitris (not sure of the spelling). They informed me if the new gift card has not been mailed, then they will be able to request an OBC be given in place of a new gift card. If the gift card has in fact already been mailed, then I'm going to hope it arrives before I leave. I am really, truly hoping Carnival does the right thing here. When I posted on the facebook group, everyone has problems with these gift card issues. I would think a policy change is in order. When something like this happens, beyond the cruisers control, and the cruise lines control, all of the information should be taken into consideration. They (people on facebook) said if the excursion had been cancelled on board, you would receive an OBC right away. Since my cruise is in ten days, you think they would have no problem issuing OBC instead since it's an acceptable form of refund. Thanks for listening. I hope everything turns out for the best.

• Updated by Rebecca Varino · Feb 09, 2018

Been on the phone with Carnival again. I have talked to several different people, I have names, dates, times, everything they said. This morning the person I was speaking with refused to let me talk to a supervisor. I said ma'am (her name was Crystal) I want to speak with a supervisor now please. She put me on hold, left me on hold for 10 minutes. Supervisor comes on the line, his name was Andre. Kept telling me nothing could be done. That I would have to wait on my Gift Card. I said, that is not what Pam, or Maria, or Shane, or Dimitruis (spelling) said. I have asked for last names, and direct contact numbers, but they don't given that information out either. I can't call gift card research directly either. So, again, no resolution. I would highly recommend never booking with Carnival Cruise Line, as they do not care about their customers enough to give you a name or number. Or an opportunity to book a different excursion, or receive OBC, or maybe book a massage, or upgrade to a better room. No options have been given to me what so ever, just 10 days before me cruise (mind you, I'm leaving in 4). Thanks. What was supposed to be an exciting time in my life has been nothing but headaches. I'm supposed to be excited about this cruise. I'm supposed to be excited about my honeymoon. All I really am is frustrated and doubtful.

Shaun R. Feb 08, 2018

Hi Rebecca.

Appreciated reading about your concerns. Have you considered posting the gift card for sale, allowing someone else to make use of the funds?

• Re
                      Rebecca Varino Feb 08, 2018

@Shaun R. Hi Shaun,
                      I haven't yet. But I did post on a carnival facebook group page about my troubles and many people have suggested this exact same thing. I haven't gotten the card yet, and I'm truly trying to give Carnival the opportunity to do the right thing. But, this is something I will consider if things don't work out in my favor. Thank you!

Feb 07, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines — I would like a refund or credit towards s future cruise due to a cruise I could not take because of hurricane irma

I am providing a letter from my employer stating I had to work due to Hurricane Irma. Carnival Cruise...

Carnival Cruise Linesfire safety concerns and our safety

We just came back from Carnival Fantasy-January27th 2018. We have been on 2 prior cruises and LOVED them. This one we booked Grand Suite and a couple of hours on the ship we hear threat and loud screams between people in next door suite. Security was outside there door. So we thought it was handled. They said it was a domestic drunk despite. Next we go out on our balcony and 3 people are smoking on the balcony next to ours. it was so smokey we coulden't be on it. My husband told them politely -they have assigned smoking areas. They ignored us we called Guest services who told us to turn to our floor manager . We did. He told me they had been told.But they lit up the whole time and no one cared. It is a safety hazard and a violation. It can start a fire on the ship. I just stopped going out on the balcony. It got so bad that when we walked down the corridor you could start smelling the smoke. When we saw our neighbors -we got the evil eye because they thought we called on them. But when I called today no records shows of anything?I called the carnival 1800 number the same day we got off the ship and complained about this and they said call back in a couple of days for records to come in. My husband is retired Navy and a safety CSP so we know what can happen when butts fly all over the place and it was non stop. I am disappointed that nothing was recorded-didn't know it was up to me to check that that they wrote things down, so this was a horrific experience. And I just called and they said sorry you felt unsafe but you should have spoken to guest services? that directed us to floor steward. And I was asking for money back for paying for a balcony we coulden't use due to safety. They said $150.00 for future sail credit. I feel this was neglect on professionals part in safety violations.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 06, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, following your recent cruise aboard the Carnival Fantasy.

Given the fact that you are a repeat guest, we are saddened to hear about the experience you had this time around. The safety and wellbeing of our guests are at the forefront of our mind on all cruises, with making sure you have a fun and memorable vacation coming close second.

We are incredibly sorry to learn that our shipboard and shore side team members weren’t as empathetic as they could have been. We regret that our staff’s efforts didn’t have the impact that was anticipated.

All of us at Carnival take our guests’ feedback - good and bad - very seriously. As you had mentioned, our Security crew members were present in an effort to address the situation during your voyage.

Naturally, we encourage our guests to show consideration for others. While we can’t change people’s behavior, we agree that courtesy and consideration for fellow travelers goes a long way. However, at the end of the day, our ships are much like floating hotels with thousands of people from all walks of life, spending a short burst of time together and it wouldn’t be possible for us to accept liability for the behavior of other guests. Notwithstanding, we understand your disappointment.

Please allow me to clarify that smoking (cigarettes/cigars/tobacco pipes/e-cigarettes) is prohibited in staterooms and on balconies. We're disheartened to know that your neighbors created an uncomfortable situation. I know how unpleasant it can be to be around unwanted smoke, and I'm truly sorry that you encountered so much of it.

We are concerned with the impression you were left with and are grateful for the insight your feedback has given us, as the safety and well-being of our guests is our top priority. With that in mind, we’ve shared your concerns with the relevant managerial team members, so everyone is aware of the situation and can make any changes possible in the handling of incidents like this in the future.

On a more personal note, being part of a military family myself, I truly understand the struggles, losses and sacrifices of the men and women that have served and that are serving and for all they have done and are still doing for our country. I genuinely thank your husband for his service in the Navy.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment and thank you for your comments. We hope we have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future cruise.

Carnival Cruise Linescarnival liberty

February 4, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines

To Whom it May Concern:
                      I am writing this letter to inform you of my recent carnival experience, it was suppose to be a birthday trip for my husband and I. On February 1, 2018, I was scheduled to board the Carnival Liberty out of Port Canaveral from Feb 1- Feb 4, 2018 in route to Nassau, Bahamas for a three day cruise. I would like to present my booking information before proceeding into my concern. My booking number was 1BMJ10; stateroom: 8303. Upon heading to Port Canaveral to board the cruise we encountered several traffic delays (several wrecks) for what was suppose to be a five and half hour drive turned to almost seven hours. I made several attempts to try to inform Carnival and the ship's crew of these the traffic delays. I called the 1-800 Carnival, Port Canaveral and emailed [protected]@carnival.com on 2/1/18. I was informed by a clerk (did not get her name) that she would inform the ship admin at the port and to hurry but to arrive safely. I have not received any feedback from ship admin.
                      We finally arrived to the Port around 3:45 pm, though after going to the wrong terminals and finding the right one parking was blocked with an orange bouie (I assumed they were not letting anyone else in or parking was full in this deck-no one was at this booth). The ship had not yet sailed off once we walked into the port though we could hear the whistles meaning it was preparing for takeoff. I became concerned when we arrived in the Port that no one was willing to help us get checked in and placed on the boat before it sailed off. Several of carnival employees turned their heads, walked off, and displayed selective mutism as if they did not want to deal with us or getting us on the ship. After that 10 minutes passed and a Department of Homeland Security Officer was hollering stop the ship, Carnival staff continued to act as if they didn't hear him and one male finally responded there is nothing we can do. My husband and I smiled and waved at the passengers as they were beginning to sail by and we really wanted to cry because those 10 minutes within our heart we knew we could have been on the ship and checked in.
                      We then realized we are not stuck in port Canaveral since we are so far from home. We ended up spending the night in our vehicles because most of the motels in Port Canaveral area were booked and we were too exhausted and mentally drained to drive to Orlando. This same night we wanted to catch up with the cruise crew in the next port-Nassau Bahamas therefore we scheduled a flight with Southwest Airline. The earliest they had was 10:30 am, we arrived to the airport but then told there would be a flight delay for up to six hours. We sat around at the airport for hours and waiting to board the flight but that never happened. I even called 1-800 Carnival emergency number to notify them as well.
                      I was already hesitant to attend the Carnival Liberty due to the recent USPH failed inspection. I overlooked that because we love carnival. I have been on other cruise lines but there is no experience like a carnival experience, my husband is a gold member and I have cruised four times with carnival, this would have been my fifth. We also have a cruise booked with cruises only for carnival for June 4-9 2018 with carnival sensation. I am not asking for a refund but for this cruise cost to be applied to another cruise and to be used to book another three day cruise cost honored by Carnival. My phone number is [protected] and email is [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 14, 2018

Dear Nakesha Burch,

We are sorry to hear you where unable to sail on your scheduled cruise. We show that your request was sent also to Guest Admin. reviews and a response was sent back to the email address your provided.

Should you have any further inquiries please call the Guest Admin department directly as we will not respond via this forum.

Regards,

Carnival Cruise Linesgiftcard

I received an online gift card a little over 2 years ago and the link no longer works. I called gift card services and they verified my order number but said that had to follow up with corporate to get me a new link which will take 24-48 hours. It's going will be a month this Friday and nobody has responded. I've called several times a week and just keep getting the runaround stating that they are waiting to here back from "corporate". I can understand if I lost my gift card but this is an issue where the URL was updated and a redirect was not put in place. I also called [protected] and get the same story. I sent emails with no response. I have an upcoming cruise that I would like to use this on but Carnival will not contact me. This can't be the first case so I would like some resolution on the matter.

Booking#9TJ8Q2

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 06, 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Ms. Lewis's complaint.

We would love the opportunity to help. Unfortunately, your e-mail does not contain the information necessary to properly assist you as the order number was not provided. For immediate assistance regarding the electronic gift card, we strongly recommend that you contact our gift card Customer Service at [protected].

Jan 31, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines — the good, bad and ugly

Carnival Cruise Pride sailed on November 31, 2014 booking#1V2NM9 Hello, our first cruise was on Carnival and...

Carnival Cruise Linescanceling a cruise in sep 2017

I was due to cruise on the 16th of Sep 2017 on the Carnival Glory out of Miami and then along came Irma. Well the hurricane came through and there were evacuations of a lot of south Floridians and I was to be driving from the panhandle to Miami which is a good 9-11 hr drive. The Governor of Florida was on the news telling everyone to stay off the road until the evacuees were back in place, south FL was experiencing gas shortages and trees were down, etc. My husband suggested I cancel my cruise since the Governor suggested. I always buy trip insurance so I did. Carnival told me I had to get a refund through the trip insurance so I went to them and they told me I didn't qualify but they gave me 75% which was $777.00 toward my next cruise. I feel that I should have been given a full refund due to the circumstances at the time. My booking number was 5ZP4F5 and Elsa Flowers
                          Sailing Coordinator
                          Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
                          [protected] x 70450
                          [protected]@carnival.com
                          is who forwarded the credit of $777.00.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 24, 2018

Dear Connie Tobin,

We are sorry to hear that Mrs. Tobin was unable to sail due to Hurricane Irma please note that we did sail on the scheduled date hence when she filed her claim with the Vacation Protection it was not a covered reason therefore she was provided with the cancel for any reason protection of the 75% FCC based on the penalty assessed.

We also show that she has already redeemed her FCC on a future sailing.

Carnival Cruise Linescarnival freedom cruise line

Carnival Freedom Caribbean 7 Day Cruise
                            departed, Saturday, January 13th,
                            and returned, Saturday, January 20th,
                            Stateroom 7392

I, Jack McCauley, am 70 years of age and this was my first cruise. I found a majority of your cruise staff to be inefficient and spoke no to very little English. My experience was so negative, I'll probably never cruise again. I'd suggest you hire more fluent English-speaking staff members.

I found that some members of your cruise staff did not even know the layout of the ship and could not provide simple directions from one event to another. I asked numerous cruise staff how to get to the Posh Restaurant, the buffet, the inboard Customer Services location with incorrect routes if they offered any directions at all. Staff members on more than one occasion stated up front upon my asking for directions "I don't know!" and then continued on their way. Staff who did try to give me directions frequently gave me incorrect directions including incorrect floor levels. I'd suggest you better train your staff to know the ship layout and capable to provide patron directions.

Serving staff behind the buffet were preoccupied with their assigned stations and they frequently failed to pay attention to patrons. Gaining their attention required my raising my voice and waving my hands to gain their attention. Fruit options were limited to melons, apples, oranges and bananas. Often bananas were set back deliberately out of reach of patrons. Why not offer other types of fruits (kiwi, grapes, peaches, etc.)? Why weren't there more vegetable options (steamed vegetables, varied fresh vegetables and fewer casseroles). Your breakfast buffet items were always cold. Your biscuits tasted like small dry bricks in the making. Your eggs Benedict was always cold and looked like they were prepared hours before placed out for consumption. Oatmeal was hidden in crackpot's and, when I asked the young lady server at the buffet, the staff member never showed any enthusiasm, rolled her eyes because the crock pot was 5 steps away from her assigned bacon serving station and never once smiled or presented a friendly attitude. It takes only a few cold and distant staff members to leave a lasting and negative impression. A few staff members were customer service oriented and put forth their Best Efforts to make their patrons feel they had their best interest at heart. Those few disconnected unfriendly staff members stand out in patrons' memory and overpower the reputation of your great staff members. We the public remember the bad because they stand out and, sadly, we patrons forget about the great staff members we had based on a few bad experiences. Serving crew need more customer service training to better serve your cruise line reputation. I'd suggest that your serving crew need more customer service training to better serve and preserve your cruise line positive reputation.

The cruise coordinator constantly ended statements with, "Whoo Who!", an expression of excitement that sounded like anything but exciting. It sounded, scripted and unnecessary. I felt like I was at my local Korger Grocery Store listening to a discouraged cashier "Whoo Who" after gaining a dollar donation for that day's cause. The cruise director was charming and funny. He should drop his "Whoo Who!" expression. It's annoying and unnecessary. It takes away from his routine and normal funny presentation.

The ship was poorly designed for example; patrons had to walk through the ship through Posh Restaurant to get through to the one end of the ship. The Posh Restaurant requires its patrons to be better dressed; no tank tops, flip flops, shorts, etc. and yet you have to walk through it to get to the end of the boat. There were too few elevators. The layout of the ship does not offer quick and easy access to elevators. By the time you figure out the layout of the ship, you are exhausted due to unexpected walking just trying to get to an event. I suggest a staff member posted at each elevator to offer patron assistance to find events and direct patrons to locations to attend these events. A posted staff member at elevators can also direct patrons easier access through the long hallways to better access their staterooms.

There were too few waiters in the public areas such as the pool and the piano bar. I waited for an hour several times to get the attention of a waiter to order a cocktail, while you had an abundance of buss cleaning staff assigned to clean tables in the buffet. That buff cleaning staff was too efficient. If you left your half full plate to get water or collect some other items to eat, the buss cleaning staff would take your plates almost out from under your hands while eating. I felt as though the buss cleaning staff concentrated in getting patrons out rather than offer them a casual bite to eat dinning experience. Take some of your buss cleaning staff and make them part of your roaming cocktail order staff.

The Posh Restaurant service was excellent as were their dining options. The only short coming was the last night, the service was slow and it appeared serving staff was spread too thin to provided their normal close attention to detail and satisfaction. The manager of the Posh Restaurant could pay closer attention to body hygiene. Two of the three nights I attended his restaurant, his body odor was unpleasant. I could smell him arms lengths away. The last night parade and song by his staff was thoughtful but the manager's presentation statements should be edited and his presentation skills need attention.

• Updated by I'll never us Sears again · Jan 21, 2018

Carnival's online email complaint process does not work!
                                I'd like a Carnival Representative to contact me, [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 02, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

While we are pleased to learn you enjoyed the charming and funny nature of your Cruise Director, your comments regarding your overall stay with us are especially disturbing as we work diligently to provide our guest's with a pleasurable experience from beginning to end.

Your comments regarding the staff members you encountered were especially disturbing, as Carnival employees are to treat our guests with respect and courtesy. Prompt, attentive service is stressed by our brand and I regret that you encountered unfavorable behavior. This is not the norm, and will be dealt with.

It is disheartening for us to note that not all facets of your cruise lived up to the standards we expect of ourselves. We appreciate you providing us with your detailed concerns regarding the various service and operational aspects of your holiday, noting where we fell short this time around.

Guests' comments and suggestions are important to us; and we thank you for bringing all of your observations to our attention. We're truly sorry that we let you down, as we certainly never meant to disappoint you in any way. Rest assured; your notations were forwarded to the responsible managers for their internal review so that corrective measures can be taken where warranted and also for consideration for future planning.

Once again, I extend my personal apologies and thank you for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

Jan 14, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines — unable to take cruise due to my sisters husband being hospitalized due to injury and cancer diagnosis

Booking #6TD4Q6 and #6TD4M2. My three sisters and I have scheduled a cruise for January 15-19 on the Carnival...

Louisburg
                              Jan 10, 2018

Carnival Cruise Lines — refund on cancelled cruise

Four of us booked a Carnival Cruise on September 8, 2017 to sail on Feb 10/2018. We had bought full...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices