Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

Having problems with Carnival Cruise Lines?

Carnival Cruise Lines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2006. The latest review Promises that you do not keep was posted on Jul 6, 2021. The latest complaint Disabled persons discrimination was resolved on Jun 21, 2021. Carnival Cruise Lines has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 811 reviews. Carnival Cruise Lines has resolved 594 complaints.

Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service Contacts

1300 385 625 (Australia)
+1 800 764 7419 (Customer Service)
+1 800 845 2599 (Online Support Team)
+1 800 929 6400 (Guest Care)
+44 843 374 2272 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 442 095 (New Zealand)
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service. Initial Carnival Cruise Lines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Carnival Cruise Lines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines. Discuss the issues you have had with Carnival Cruise Lines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews, Page 18

Carnival Cruise Linesgiftcard

I received an online gift card a little over 2 years ago and the link no longer works. I called gift card services and they verified my order number but said that had to follow up with corporate to get me a new link which will take 24-48 hours. It's going will be a month this Friday and nobody has responded. I've called several times a week and just keep getting the runaround stating that they are waiting to here back from "corporate". I can understand if I lost my gift card but this is an issue where the URL was updated and a redirect was not put in place. I also called [protected] and get the same story. I sent emails with no response. I have an upcoming cruise that I would like to use this on but Carnival will not contact me. This can't be the first case so I would like some resolution on the matter.

Booking#9TJ8Q2

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 06, 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Ms. Lewis's complaint.

Please be assured, the goodwill of our guests is very important to us and we are responsive to any problem that is brought to our attention.

We would love the opportunity to help. Unfortunately, your e-mail does not contain the information necessary to properly assist you as the order number was not provided. For immediate assistance regarding the electronic gift card, we strongly recommend that you contact our gift card Customer Service at [protected].

Vernisha

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

Carnival Cruise Lines — the good, bad and ugly

Carnival Cruise Pride sailed on November 31, 2014 booking#1V2NM9 Hello, our first cruise was on Carnival and...

Carnival Cruise Linescanceling a cruise in sep 2017

I was due to cruise on the 16th of Sep 2017 on the Carnival Glory out of Miami and then along came Irma. Well the hurricane came through and there were evacuations of a lot of south Floridians and I was to be driving from the panhandle to Miami which is a good 9-11 hr drive. The Governor of Florida was on the news telling everyone to stay off the road until the evacuees were back in place, south FL was experiencing gas shortages and trees were down, etc. My husband suggested I cancel my cruise since the Governor suggested. I always buy trip insurance so I did. Carnival told me I had to get a refund through the trip insurance so I went to them and they told me I didn't qualify but they gave me 75% which was $777.00 toward my next cruise. I feel that I should have been given a full refund due to the circumstances at the time. My booking number was 5ZP4F5 and Elsa Flowers
    Sailing Coordinator
    Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
    [protected] x 70450
    [protected]@carnival.com
    is who forwarded the credit of $777.00.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 24, 2018

Dear Connie Tobin,

We are sorry to hear that Mrs. Tobin was unable to sail due to Hurricane Irma please note that we did sail on the scheduled date hence when she filed her claim with the Vacation Protection it was not a covered reason therefore she was provided with the cancel for any reason protection of the 75% FCC based on the penalty assessed.

We also show that she has already redeemed her FCC on a future sailing.

Carnival Cruise Linescarnival freedom cruise line

Carnival Freedom Caribbean 7 Day Cruise
      departed, Saturday, January 13th,
      and returned, Saturday, January 20th,
      Stateroom 7392

I, Jack McCauley, am 70 years of age and this was my first cruise. I found a majority of your cruise staff to be inefficient and spoke no to very little English. My experience was so negative, I'll probably never cruise again. I'd suggest you hire more fluent English-speaking staff members.

I found that some members of your cruise staff did not even know the layout of the ship and could not provide simple directions from one event to another. I asked numerous cruise staff how to get to the Posh Restaurant, the buffet, the inboard Customer Services location with incorrect routes if they offered any directions at all. Staff members on more than one occasion stated up front upon my asking for directions "I don't know!" and then continued on their way. Staff who did try to give me directions frequently gave me incorrect directions including incorrect floor levels. I'd suggest you better train your staff to know the ship layout and capable to provide patron directions.

Serving staff behind the buffet were preoccupied with their assigned stations and they frequently failed to pay attention to patrons. Gaining their attention required my raising my voice and waving my hands to gain their attention. Fruit options were limited to melons, apples, oranges and bananas. Often bananas were set back deliberately out of reach of patrons. Why not offer other types of fruits (kiwi, grapes, peaches, etc.)? Why weren't there more vegetable options (steamed vegetables, varied fresh vegetables and fewer casseroles). Your breakfast buffet items were always cold. Your biscuits tasted like small dry bricks in the making. Your eggs Benedict was always cold and looked like they were prepared hours before placed out for consumption. Oatmeal was hidden in crackpot's and, when I asked the young lady server at the buffet, the staff member never showed any enthusiasm, rolled her eyes because the crock pot was 5 steps away from her assigned bacon serving station and never once smiled or presented a friendly attitude. It takes only a few cold and distant staff members to leave a lasting and negative impression. A few staff members were customer service oriented and put forth their Best Efforts to make their patrons feel they had their best interest at heart. Those few disconnected unfriendly staff members stand out in patrons' memory and overpower the reputation of your great staff members. We the public remember the bad because they stand out and, sadly, we patrons forget about the great staff members we had based on a few bad experiences. Serving crew need more customer service training to better serve your cruise line reputation. I'd suggest that your serving crew need more customer service training to better serve and preserve your cruise line positive reputation.

The cruise coordinator constantly ended statements with, "Whoo Who!", an expression of excitement that sounded like anything but exciting. It sounded, scripted and unnecessary. I felt like I was at my local Korger Grocery Store listening to a discouraged cashier "Whoo Who" after gaining a dollar donation for that day's cause. The cruise director was charming and funny. He should drop his "Whoo Who!" expression. It's annoying and unnecessary. It takes away from his routine and normal funny presentation.

The ship was poorly designed for example; patrons had to walk through the ship through Posh Restaurant to get through to the one end of the ship. The Posh Restaurant requires its patrons to be better dressed; no tank tops, flip flops, shorts, etc. and yet you have to walk through it to get to the end of the boat. There were too few elevators. The layout of the ship does not offer quick and easy access to elevators. By the time you figure out the layout of the ship, you are exhausted due to unexpected walking just trying to get to an event. I suggest a staff member posted at each elevator to offer patron assistance to find events and direct patrons to locations to attend these events. A posted staff member at elevators can also direct patrons easier access through the long hallways to better access their staterooms.

There were too few waiters in the public areas such as the pool and the piano bar. I waited for an hour several times to get the attention of a waiter to order a cocktail, while you had an abundance of buss cleaning staff assigned to clean tables in the buffet. That buff cleaning staff was too efficient. If you left your half full plate to get water or collect some other items to eat, the buss cleaning staff would take your plates almost out from under your hands while eating. I felt as though the buss cleaning staff concentrated in getting patrons out rather than offer them a casual bite to eat dinning experience. Take some of your buss cleaning staff and make them part of your roaming cocktail order staff.

The Posh Restaurant service was excellent as were their dining options. The only short coming was the last night, the service was slow and it appeared serving staff was spread too thin to provided their normal close attention to detail and satisfaction. The manager of the Posh Restaurant could pay closer attention to body hygiene. Two of the three nights I attended his restaurant, his body odor was unpleasant. I could smell him arms lengths away. The last night parade and song by his staff was thoughtful but the manager's presentation statements should be edited and his presentation skills need attention.

• Updated by I'll never us Sears again · Jan 21, 2018

Carnival's online email complaint process does not work!
          I'd like a Carnival Representative to contact me, [email protected]

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 02, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

While we are pleased to learn you enjoyed the charming and funny nature of your Cruise Director, your comments regarding your overall stay with us are especially disturbing as we work diligently to provide our guest's with a pleasurable experience from beginning to end.

Your comments regarding the staff members you encountered were especially disturbing, as Carnival employees are to treat our guests with respect and courtesy. Prompt, attentive service is stressed by our brand and I regret that you encountered unfavorable behavior. This is not the norm, and will be dealt with.

It is disheartening for us to note that not all facets of your cruise lived up to the standards we expect of ourselves. We appreciate you providing us with your detailed concerns regarding the various service and operational aspects of your holiday, noting where we fell short this time around.

Guests' comments and suggestions are important to us; and we thank you for bringing all of your observations to our attention. We're truly sorry that we let you down, as we certainly never meant to disappoint you in any way. Rest assured; your notations were forwarded to the responsible managers for their internal review so that corrective measures can be taken where warranted and also for consideration for future planning.

Once again, I extend my personal apologies and thank you for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Cruise Lines — unable to take cruise due to my sisters husband being hospitalized due to injury and cancer diagnosis

Booking #6TD4Q6 and #6TD4M2. My three sisters and I have scheduled a cruise for January 15-19 on the Carnival...

Louisburg

Carnival Cruise Lines — refund on cancelled cruise

Four of us booked a Carnival Cruise on September 8, 2017 to sail on Feb 10/2018. We had bought full...

Carnival Cruise Lineslost luggage

Booking no. 6zz7w2 Acct. 7258, Carnival Victory, Sail date 12-24-17. Stateroom 8281. 3 bags given to porter on dock. Never received 3rd bag. Reported to guests services. Bag never found. All Christmas gifts were in that bag totaling close to $1000.00. We brought along 15 family members for cruise to celebrate Christmas. Lots of disappointed people. Supposed to go to Key West then Cozumel. Instead got to Key West last. Immigration came on board and we lost 3 hours for excursions. Lots of unhappy customers. We have travelled on Carnival many times. This is worst ever. Is there any way this can be made right. Security cameras would have caught whoever took the bag. No security. At this point I do not feel we can sail with Carnival again. Very sad. Please correspond. Thank you for your consideration.
        Pearl Arlene Speelman-Jack Speelman. [protected]@verizon.net

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 08, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your comments.

We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of dissatisfaction very seriously. We invite you to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review your concerns. Our Guest Care Department can be reached at [protected], ext. 76400. We do not suggest putting any personal information, including booking numbers, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc. on an open forum.

Yvonne Spencer Mar 19, 2019

Howmany times that this comment appear before the message is delivered. I have spent almost an hour tring
            to submit my message.

@Yvonne Spencer Carnival Cruise Lines — lost luggage

For should read "or Caribbean" error

No country listed for Barbados of Caribean

@Yvonne Spencer No Listing for Barbados on your email application

Carnival Fascination
            Request - I have misplaced a Black Velvet change purse in Stateroom M176 during a cruise March 6-13, 2019.
            It appears that the purse may have dropped out of my handbag and may have fallen under the bed as I
            have searched my handbag with no luck. I did not use the handbag while on board as it is my travelling one.
            I used the purse to take out my driving ID and did not use it again.

The purse contains my Barbados ID, medical cards, Bank cards, and grocery discount card
            in the name of Yvonne Spencer.

I would be most grateful if you can let me know whether the steward Thring (short version of name) whether
            she found it or the person/s who occupied the cabin I vacated it on the 13th in Barbados. I live in Barbados.

My email address is [email protected] Home Tel [protected], Work [protected]

Look forward to hearing from you. I was told there is a form but so far I have not found a section with a
            form giving details.

Yvonne Spencer (Cruise was booked through Vacationstogo.

Carnival Cruise Linescruise/fee assessed for reservation change

On 9/12/17 Booking #8CM5S0 was changed because of Hurricane Maria that hit Pureto Rico. This cruise is for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We changed to leave out of Port Canaveral on Carnival Sunshine because of the horrible disaster to Pureto Rico. We were unsure of the damage to port or if we would even be able to secure flights to the island. We decided to change to another Carnival ship closer to home leaving from Port Canaveral. I'm extremely upset because I was charged a cancellation fee to change this. The fee was $100.00. If this disaster never occurred, we would never have changed this booking to another ship. The other thing two of the islands that we were going to visit were destroyed, thus changing the itinerary according to the Carnival customer service agent. I do not think that a cancellation fee should be applied because we were left unsure of which islands we would be traveling too. We want to make sure this is a special vacation because it is out 40th wedding anniversary. When a disaster occurs this fee should be waived as a courtesy, especially when the trip was re-booked. Also, this was booked while we were on the Carnival Glory in July, 2017. I also was on Carnival Sunshine in March, 2017. We are taking a cruise on 2/3/18 on Carnival Magic Booking ##8KS6P7 .

I have enjoyed my recent cruises on the Carnival Cruise line. In August, 1978 we took our Honeymoon a Carnival Cruise Line from Miami, Florida. This trip was not considered a Honeymoon. The ship was totally booked and we were given a room with a sink, and two bunk beds, when we went to front desk to explain, they were very nice. They said they were sorry and explained that the cruise line was fully booked and we would not be able to change our room unless a cancellation occurred. This never happened. We had been upset regarding this because this was our Honeymoon., our first Carnival experience, our honeymoon and we couldn't even share a bed comfortably. Our luggage was also lost for the majority of the trip, thus having to stay in the same clothes for half the week. But recently, very good friends of ours only cruise on Carnival Cruise Line asked us to try the cruise line again, and we just LOVED EVERYTHING--entertainment, food, rooms, the friendliness of the staff. As an Emerald Royal Caribbean cruiser, I only want to travel on Carnival Cruise line now. Thank you for your great improvements.

We look forwarding to hearing from you regarding this.

Roger Cyran and Joanne Alagna-Cyran
          [protected]@yahoo.com
          [protected]

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 02, 2018

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mr. & Mrs. Cyran’s complaint.

We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously. While we sincerely value our guest’s input, we must respectfully advise that we’re unable to honor your request for special consideration. Please be advised that the guests were not scheduled to sail onl 9/12/17 in which the itinerary was not impacted in anyway by Hurricane Maria. Unfortunately, the administration fees assessed for the ship and sail date change are valid.

Vernisha

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

Carnival Cruise Linessteak house

We were on the carnival pride set sail Christmas eve 2017, for what we had hoped would be a wonderful Christmas.
            We had dinner on christmas in the steak house which is $$ not included in cruise.
            The steak was not even editable, we spoke to not one but four different staff members because you literally could not eat the meal. We were told they have no control over meat quality and would not refund any money at all. Then, a child I assume spilt something and I slipped. When I informed the hostess she rudely said perhaps you should watch where your walking. There was no reason to be rude upon my exit just because I complained about food that I was paying for!!
            Not happy...ive cruised before n this was a less than pleasurable vacation.
            N I'm not sure but believe I have bed bug bites. Not stop itching.
            Room number 1438 carnival pride from Baltimore Dec. 24 2017 to Dec 31 2017

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 05, 2018

Good morning:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Christmas cruise experience aboard the beautiful Carnival Pride. It is our hope that you are enjoying a wonderful start to the new year!

Although there is a plethora of complimentary dining options available to our guests, there are some shipboard facilities, like the steakhouse, that are available for a nominal cost. More information about what’s included and not included in your cruise fare can be found on our website.

Because we are incredibly concerned about the impression you were left with, we conducted a thorough review. In our research, we were pleased to note you consumed your meal in the steakhouse; however, it was disenchanting for us to learn by your review that you did not find it to be edible and that our shipboard team members were unhelpful. Your comments regarding these matters are especially disturbing as we work diligently to provide our guest's with a pleasurable experience from beginning to end.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have issued a credit in the amount of $70.00 USD to the Discover account in which it was charged, representing a full reimbursement for your steakhouse transaction. Kindly allow up to ten business days for the credit to reflect on the account.

Additionally, please know that our ships are treated with insecticides weekly while in port. When possible, any problems you encounter during a sailing should be reported to the Guest Services Desk, located in the main lobby. In this case, they could have looked into the situation and taken whatever action was warranted.

Following the receipt of your online review, a thorough investigation has been conducted, and we're happy to report that no insect activity has been found for your cabin, 4138. Furthermore, there have been no reports of similar occurrences for your particular stateroom. Nevertheless, we sincerely regret your discomfort and we're very sorry to hear that your voyage ended on such a sour note.

If additional assistance is needed, we invite you to contact our Guest Care Department directly by dialing toll-free: [protected], or locally at: [protected], extension 76400. Our team members will be happy to speak with you. Please also note the department’s hours of operation as well, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us during the holiday season. We wish you all the best for 2018!

Carnival Cruise Lines — everything

Hello, My family and I set sail on 12/21/17 out of Mobile Alabama headed to Mexico. While on this cruise we...

Carnival Cruise Linesthe worst christmas ever 12/23/2017

Hi my name is Duane Macklin booking number is 8ck5z8 I was supposed to be onboard the carnival sunshine with my family for Christmas but I was misled buy one of you employees that it will be ok for me in my family to arrive @4 after we told her that we were gunna b late do to a major fatality car crash on 95 south in she said ok fine I will let the captain no then when we got to the ship security told my family of 7 that we can not get on board of the boat not only that I can't even get a reimbursement nor I can't even get a credit for a future cruise not only that the ship we were supposed to get on was still there
              If y'all would like to get in contact with me call me [protected]

Shaun R. Dec 24, 2017

I question the legitimacy of this complaint with so many spelling and grammatical errors. Further, the complaint is being misled by someone stating he/she would let the captain know that there was a family of seven which were being delayed and that it was okay to be late. What if this same person was to state it wasn't okay to arrive later? Would that have changed anything?

Carnival Cruise Linesrefund or voucher booking #6tp1h3

Carnival Cruise Lines
                Carnival Cruise Lines Contacts & Information
                Posted: Nov 30, 2017 by Emery Clemmons
                Complaint Rating: 0 % with 1 votes
                I had to cancel my cruise due to medical reasons beyond my control. I have been having problems with both of my feet. The doctors have had to amputate my right leg below the knee and may have to remove my left one as well. I am confined to a wheel chair and unable to drive, walk or care for myself without assistance. I would like to get a voucher for the amount that I paid for a future cruise if possible. I am a platinum VIFP with carnival #[protected]. I originally sent this request in on 10/20/2017 and on the 23rd there was a message posted that it was resolved and that everything had been done to reach me. No one tried to reach me by phone or email although I get 7 to 10 emails a week wanting me to book another cruise. My name is Emery Clemmons, the booking was out of Jacksonville on October 30th, 2017. I have been sailing with you all since 1983 and you are the only cruise line I have ever been on, so please consider my request.
                Updated by Emery Clemmons, Nov 30, 2017
                This will not let me attach medical records.
                Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Dec 05, 2017
                Dear Mr. Clemmons,

Please submit all of the required documentation to [protected]@carnival.com do not submit via this website. Make sure to included the booking number you provided above and anything else associated with your request.

Regards,

• Updated by Emery Clemmons · Dec 22, 2017

No I didn't. I have never had a problem on the 17 or 18 cruises that I have taken in the past. If I had known that this was going to happen I wouldn't have book the cruise.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 27, 2017

Please submit all of your documents to [email protected] as we will not review nor respond to your request via this website. Make sure to include all of the required information including your name/ship/sail date and most importantly your booking number on all correspondence.

Hi Emery.

Appreciate reading your post. I hope you're doing better.

Did you purchase travel insurance with your booking?

@Shaun R. Updated by Emery Clemmons, Dec 22, 2017

I understand. No one would"book" a cruise knowing he/she wouldn't be able to use it.

Travel insurance is for covering those unexpected events. Not purchasing travel insurance is not a bad decision, as you've said, 17 or 18 times it wouldn't have been needed. Thus 17 or 18 premiums that would have been wasted. Yes, it would have been nice to have had the coverage this time around, but it's okay that you didn't. It's likely a good time to take the premiums you would have paid out and cover this one time you weren't able to make the cruise.

We look forward to you healing well and would like to see you back cruising again.

• Em
                    Emery Clemmons Dec 22, 2017

@Shaun R. Who can I speak to about this outside of your department. I notice that this was closed as resolved but I don't feel that it is. Thank You

Shaun R. Dec 22, 2017

@Emery Clemmons Hi Emery. I am not speaking for any one department. I am only doing what we can to assist you.

Somewhere we may not be communicating correctly, which is completely my fault for assuming certain topics. Sincerely, my apologies.

Are you aware of what travel insurance is and that there's an option to purchase such insurance when traveling or, in this case, booking a cruise?

Carnival Cruise Lines — no refund after having to cancel due to unforeseen surgery

Booking #8BH3N1 I had to cancel a long awaited cruise scheduled for December 26, 2017 because Carnival Cruise...

Carnival Cruise Lines — cruise on the carnival dream out of new orleans

On December 10, 2017 my husband and I sailed out of New Orleans Louisiana on the Carnival Dream for 7 days to...

Carnival Cruise Lineslosing money and memories

We booked a cruise and our flight a year ago to the Dominican Republic and the Grand Turk for Dec. 9th-14th. We weren't able to aboard our flight because the representative wasted time checking our baggage in. We missed moments celebrating with some class members from over 30 years of graduating. And ended up paying far more than
                  Carnival
                  My Cruise
                  as of 17/Oct/2017
                  We can't wait to welcome you onboard.
                  BOOKING NO: 6BM3B6

JACKSON, MO 39206

GUEST CONTACT PHONE VIFP CLUB # VIFP LEVEL DEPARTING NOTE

KENNETH WHITE New Orleans 1, 2, 3

ARETHA WHITE [protected] RED New Orleans 1, 2, 3

* Indicates temporary VIFP Level.

ITINERARY: 5 Day EASTERN CARIBBEAN Itinerary.

DAY PORT OF CALL ARRIVE DEPART

View Cruise Details
                  Online Check-In
                  Plan Activities
                  View Cruise Documents

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses, as used by us, may include any and all fees, charges, tolls and taxes imposed on us by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities, as well third party fees and charges arising from a vessel's presence in a harbor or port. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses may include U.S. Customs fees, head taxes, Panama Canal tolls, dockage fees, wharfage fees, inspection fees, pilotage, air taxes, hotel or VAT taxes incurred as part of a land tour, immigration and naturalization fees, and Internal Revenue Service fees, as well as fees for navigation, berthing, stevedoring, baggage handling/storage and security services. Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses may be assessed per passenger, per berth, per ton or per vessel. Assessments calculated on a per ton or per vessel basis will be spread over the number of passengers on the Ship. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to collect any increases in effect at the time of sailing even if the fare has already been paid in full.

ITEMIZED CHARGES

Total Payments and Credits $1, 531.13

On Board Credit (USD) $50.00
                  expected.

• Updated by Aretha White · Dec 14, 2017

I booked our cruise and flights over a year ago. There were sixteen of us flying from New Orleans to Miami, then boarding the ship cruising to the Dominican Republic and Grand Turk. We traveled from MS to have eight of us to only be delayed from checking in our luggage and then being told that we couldn't board the airplane. After speaking with management at the airport, they told us that we had to speak with Carnival. I had spoken with a representative earlier to inform her of what had happened at the airport, she canceled our cruise without informing us or even asking us if that's what we wanted to happen. I called back after receiving an email informing me that our cruise had been canceled. I was shocked. My sister was crying her eyes out also by this time. I then was told that there was a cruise sailing out of New Orleans going to Cozumel and Progresso and we needed to leave right then. The agent kept repeating in an urgent tone the importance of us leaving then. So that's what we did, to only learn that the taxi would cost us a total of $120.00 and that we would have to pay more for this cruise. No one explained this to me and by this time, I was in tears along with feeling as if I had let my friends and family down. No one seemed to understand what had just happened to us. We were even told that we had lost the $50 on board credit.
                      This cruise meant a lot to me, but not as much as what it meant to us spending time with friends and family who we never get the chance to spend time with. This is very emotional, in fact, as I type this letter, tears are falling. I really had high hopes of traveling to the Dominican Republic with my family. I feel as if I was robbed of precious moments that I can't get back!

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 15, 2017

Dear Aretha,

We are sorry you where unable to sail aboard the cruise you original were scheduled to sail on however we do show you sailed on another of our ships. We all know weather delays or issues with Airlines are our of our control. If you have any questions regarding your original reservation please submit your request to [email protected]

Shaun R. Dec 15, 2017

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment, however, did you enjoy the other cruise?

Carnival Cruise Linesunhappy with sales rep

My name is Dawn Cicci and i booked a cruise on the Carnival Dream with Daryl number is [protected] Ext 82653. My complaint is everytime I would call him he hardly ever returned my calls. I had to keep calling back until he finally answered. Then my flights got cancelled from Detroit into New Orleans to meet our ship and I called him 3 times and asked to call me it was very important and he never called> today is Wendesday and he still has not called. we had no idea on what to do beacause they could not get us there in time for the ship so I came home and the trip was cancelled. I know it was not his fault on the weather but he could of returned my call and let me know what to do next. Even when we were making payments on our cruise I had to call a couple of times.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 13, 2017

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mrs. Cicci’s complaint.

We are sorry to learn about the circumstances that led to the canceling of their cruise. We’re extremely sorry they didn’t receive the first class service they have every right to expect from our Reservations Agents. Making guests happy is at the heart of our business, so please accept our sincere apologies for the situation that occurred. Their comments are very important to us and have been forwarded to the appropriate department to ensure corrective action is taken as warranted.

Since they did purchase the Vacation Protection, please contact Aon Affinity at [protected] to start the claim process. Their business hours are: Monday through Friday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET; Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm ET. If they have additional questions our Service Department can be reached at [protected] ext. 70355.

Once again, we apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Carnival Cruise Linesrefund not received

My mother and I booked a cruise for the week after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, we had to cancel it in September. My mother paid for her portion with gift cards. After the cruise was cancelled, the giftcards were supposedly mailed to my OLD address (though I had long since updated it on the website). After about a month of not receiving a refund, we contacted Carnival in order to check the status. They said they would open an investigation and mail us out new gift cards to the correct address. That was mid-October. It has now been 2 months, many many phone calls and 14 people at Carnival later and this is still not resolved. They refuse to connect us to a supervisor and each time we are told we will receive a call back in 24-48 hours. Again, months later, no supervisor or anyone has ever called us! We are still trying to track down $400 worth of gift cards!
                      Not to mention the fact that half of the individuals we have talked to have been rude and uncaring about the situation. You can never talk to the same person twice because they refuse to give out their extensions or email addresses. You can however get an extension for a Cruise Planner. They will take your money without issue but apparently will never refund it to you. And again, it's gift cards not cash! So it will be used with them again! Though once we use these gift cards, I will NEVER go on another carnival ship ever again.

• Updated by MeganD727 · Dec 12, 2017

And as I mentioned in the last sentence, once we use the gift cards, we will never cruise again with carnival. And even if we didn't intend to use them ourselves and sold them or whatever to recoup the cost we spent on them, that's our choice, the money is due to us either way.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 14, 2017

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Megan's complaint.

We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously. We invite you to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review your concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at [protected] ext. 70355. We do not suggest putting any personal information including booking numbers, phone numbers etc. on an open forum.

Shaun R. Dec 12, 2017

With respect, what was the reason you had to cancel? Whereas you really don't intend to ever travel with them again, does it make sense to really get said gift cards? Is it just as likely these cards have already been used?

• Me
                          MeganD727 Dec 12, 2017

@Shaun R. The reason we had to cancel is irrelevant, we are due a refund and they have acknowledged that but have been unable to actually give us the gift cards. The main complaint is the fact they won't call back when they say they will, are rude and we have to chase down a refund for months they admit they owe us.

Shaun R. Dec 12, 2017

@MeganD727 Hi Megan.

It's nice to make your acquaintance. I can appreciate your level of frustration and I'm sure that, under normal circumstances, you are a very pleasant lady. I will tell you, though, that I've come to accept the old adage of "attracting more with honey than with vinegar." You'll find that having people wanting to assist you will get you a lot further than fighting with them.

The reason for the cancellation may, in fact, be relevant. If you simply changed your mind and insisted on a refund, they may not have been required to provide it to you at all. I could see them state that they never had to provide you with the refund and, even then, they sent a refund to a last known address which you evidently provided. Admittedly, that's more of a 'worst case scenario, but I think you get the idea.

The additional concern is whether they have the ability to track the gift cards and/or canceling them. If they do not, I could also see them suggest that they've done their part and whomever has them, has them.

The problem that, from their standpoint, you may have painted yourself in is that you've suggested you HATE them and REALLY INTEND ON NEVER USING THEM AGAIN. That really means that they have nothing to gain in trying to accommodating you. Please don't take it wrong, as it's not meant to be, but you've made yourself into a person that they may not be thrilled to assist and you've told them that, even if they fulfill your request, they've lost you as a customer. From their standpoint, they may just as likely write you off and refuse to do anything more for you -- although I hope that's not the case.

Please don't hesitate to keep us updated.

• Me
                          MeganD727 Dec 13, 2017

@Shaun R. Shaun-
                          Unfortunately, with the written word, tone is omitted and stating facts can come off as "rude." My intention was to be clear about the situation, not to argue with you.
                          Respectfully, I disagree with your statement about the reason for cancellation being relevant. What is relevant in the situation is the cancellation policy which clearly stated we were due a refund.
                          I understand your argument of maybe they can't track down the gift cards, etc, etc. except that is inaccurate. They have the ability to see the gift cards were not used and they have admitted they owe us the money.
                          Again, my complaint is the lack of customer service. I understand that investigations can take time, however, I do not feel it should take months. And when your employees say that you will have someone call you in 24-48 hours repeatedly and you never receive a call, that is bad customer service.
                          The simple fact is this: Carnival owes us money and has not paid it to us and we are unable to get them to do anything about it except to continue to tell us someone will call us in a couples days which they never do.

Shaun R. Dec 13, 2017

@MeganD727 Appreciate the response Megan.

What is their written "cancellation policy, " allowing you to cancel for any reason and receiving a refund?

Assuming you paid more than the gift cards, did Carnival provide you with a refund on the additional amount? Was there any portion they claimed was not refundable?

As you've continued to contact them about not receiving these gift cards, what have they stated? It sounds like you're not happy with their response, which is why you're requesting a supervisor.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Shaun R. Dec 15, 2017

@MeganD727 It would appear you've had some apprehension and are reevaluating your complaint. Hopefully they've taken care of you to your expectations.

Sincerely, have a great holiday.

Carnival Cruise Lines — refund on booking #8nh8t7

Hi my name is Amanda Reyes I had booked to cruise out on 1/29/18 with my fiance we had till the end of...

Carnival Cruise Linesstench in room

Our first cruise and we were in a room with a terrific stench. 2 of 5 days with carpet shampoo and ozonator in the room. Could use our room comfortably. So Carnival offers me an on board credit for next cruise. What!?! I have to spend another $1600 to get an onboard credit! This is ridiculous! So much for a wonderful birthday. Thank you Big corporation for screwing the little guy.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 12, 2017

Good morning:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, regarding your birthday cruise.

We regret to learn of the unfortunate situation you experienced within your cabin and appreciate an opportunity to be of assistance. In order for us to address this matter appropriately, we respectfully request that you contact our Guest Care Department.

A representative can be reached directly by dialing toll-free: [protected], or locally at: [protected], extension 76400. Please also note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

When placing your call, kindly have your booking number handy for the agent. If you no longer have your booking number readily available, they can assist you with finding it.

Carnival Cruise Lines — insect bites

I Deborah Larry was on my 1st cruise with my sister-in-law, Diana C Miles VIFP # [protected] - Platinum...