Having problems with CarMax?

CarMax Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 519 1511 (Head Office)
+1 800 925 3612 (Auto Finance)
+1 888 922 7629 (Stale Check Team)
+1 888 922 4911 (Stale Check Team)
+1 844 765 5757 (Supplier Inquiries)
12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway
SunClosed
CarMax Auto Finance
Attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 440609, Kennesaw, GA 30160

Customer Relations Department
Attn: Customer Relations Department, 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, VA 23238

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarMax Customer Service. Initial CarMax complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarMax above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarMax. Discuss the issues you have had with CarMax and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

CarMaxauto repair not completed

Had many, many attempts to have rear window with defogger replaced on my 2013 Chevy Suburban by original location where we bought the vehicle. They gave us two weeks to bring it back for repairs if needed. We reported it within warranty two week timeframe over the phone. We explained our schedule would put us over the timeframe. The agent said, "no problem." We took it in when we had scheduled and repairs said it was over the warranty timeframe, even after explaining our situation. They refused to fix it without payment. We called again to attempt to have them fix it and the same thing happened.

We spoke to a different location who said they would fix it. "Repair" done at alternate location. After a year and a half, same element connector is dangling. On closer inspection noted what appeared and smelled of chewing gum on the metal connector to heating element! It stuck for a year a year and a half. The same connector fell, same side of heating element. Can we challenge them at this point? Probably too late.

auto repair not completed

CarMax — service

6 weeks ago I wrote a 20, 000 check for a van and before leaving, noticed water vapor in 1 headlight. The...

CarMaxselling my car to carmax

I reluctantly accepted a low ball offer from Carmax when I was selling my 2008 Equinox. The process was far from simple. I had to get the veichle registered, titled and a tag before I could sell it. In hind sight I should have just traded it in because I would have gotten $800 more than they offered however the dealer I was planning on buying from was a long way from my home and I wasn't sure I wanted to take the chance of getting less for it.

After trying to cash the check they gave me at the bank it was drawn on with no success; I deposited it in my bank. Five days later the check was returned and I was beyond pissed. When I called the corporate office requesting they send me a cashier's check they fed exed me another check just like the one that was returned. I am going to the dealership to demand my car back or I will file charges.

CarMax — treatment of employees

Racist Racist Racist. Blacks are not treated fairly. We are made to slave while the whites can stand around...

CarMax — sales, service and management

The reason im writing this is because I am not sure if Corporate knows that lately it feels like it is the...

www.carmax.comthey didn't return my deposit

People, be aware that the company www.carmax.com is awful. I paid deposit for the car, but this jerk took money and started to provide some fake promises. After 4 days he even told me that the car was sold. WTF? I told him to return the deposit, but this scammer stopped to reply. Please, help me to get my money from this jerk. As well as post comments about your things with them.

Carmax Lax Store — I asked to contact the manager, but I heard only promises

I got the coupon ad tried to use it, when I wanted to buy some stuff from the company Carmax Lax Store. The...

Carmax Auto Superstore auto repair — failure to repair and honor warranty

I purchased a Ford Focus from Carmax some time ago. The motor started having trouble almost right away. I...

CarMaxservice department

I took my car to CarMax on June 5, 2014 to change the oil. They sold me the car 5 months earlier and after reading all the reviews I feel lucky for not having any problems with the car during that period until they changed the oil. The car is a foreign car, mini cooper. I learned now that not anyone can work on these cars. To make a long story short the car became worthless after l took it there. The mechanic broke a plastic bracket while changing the oil filter which caused oil and antifreeze to leak. Since he could not replace it immediately because a replacement part of course was not available he decided to glue it. I waited so long for them to change the oil. Someone came and apologized telling me that the reason for the delay is because they found an electric wire that needed to be fixed and charged me an additional $42, Really? Of course I did not know then what happened until recently when I took the car to a different garage after I exhausted myself dealing with the service department at CarMax. I just can't believe it, GLUE? How can this company continue to operate? Where is the attorney general? Why nothing was done to prevent these ### from operating a business. Get on the internet check the BBB how many complaints about the service/repair department and they get A+?

• Br
            Bruce Chambliss Sep 09, 2014

Carmax sold me a vehicle with dirty air filter and engine filter. When I went to complain to them Jim/Service Manager said that the filters were dirtied by me putting three thousand miles on the vehicle. I will never buy another vehicle from Carmax.

CarMax — fraud of $4100 from their purchase of my car

I sold my Chysler 300 to Carmax for $7, 500 on the 28th of March. A lien was on the car of $3, 300 and...

CarMax — my car was stolen

My Wife took her Cadillac to Car Max Branch in Boynton Beach, Florida for a service issue on January 29...

CarMax — auto purchase and service

Good afternoon. I would like to find out how to submit a story about my awful experience with Carmax, in an...

CarMax — lost car title

We were recently at the store in Norcross, GA. It was very unpleasant. I had went in to look/buy a 2010 Dodge...

CarMaxservice departmeny

We bought a 2005 BMW from CarMax in late Sep 2012. The car has been in the service department more than five times in four months that we have owned the car. We have now decided that due to the way we have been treated i will try to negotiate with the service/operations people at CarMax to buy back what we believe is a LEMON to no avail. The problems with the vehicle have included the following: seat belts that do not latch, AC compressor that had to be brought in because of weird noises and still was not fixed, back bumper its not perfectly align it looks like my car had been hit and bumper that was poorly repaired prior to our purchasing the vehicle.Now I fear that electrical surges in the dashboard might that might have burned out the radio and caused other issues like my navigation not functioning either. and on and on. Did they check out the vehcile throughly? NO Are they treating a repeat customer fairly? NO Would I ever purchase another vehicle from CarMax? NO NO NO Will this probably lead to legal action? YES Consider this your fair warning - BUYER BEWARE Do not be lulled into believing their advertisements. This is not what how car buying should be. They will treat you like a royal customer the first 30 days until you are sucked in and cannot do anything about the situation but bite the bullet and deal with the stress they will put you through. Very dissatisfied customer and to think I was considering buying my daughter her first car at Carmax for her graduation this year...NO WAY THAT'S HAPPENING NOW!

• Ro
              Rockandroll Feb 05, 2013

To, you bought a 7 year old car. It is not a lemon. It is an old car. Suck it up snoop dog.

• Co
              corpgreed Apr 20, 2013

Your absolutely correct! CarMax may do their so called inspection, but they never repair everything that needs to be repaired! They want you to come back so they can get a deductable out of you, if you purchased the ESP. CarMax does not care about you as a customer, they care about profits and making budget. You should also know they treat their employees like children also.

CarMax — trade in scam

We were very exited to purchase as car from CARMAX, after selecting a car we found our title had been...

CarMaxworst car buying experience ever

I highly recommend staying as far away from CarMax as possible. I purchased a vehicle, a week later it needed an entire new brake job. They agreed to fix a window with a rock chip when I purchased the vehicle and then tried to get out of it. In replacing the window they trashed my paint and dented my door He also BLATANTLY lied about the window he put in saying how new it was... and it is OBVIOUSLY NOT. Fine... But dont lie about it AND ruin my door in the process. I have been in tears about how badly this experience was. DO NOT GO TO CARMAX. Especially the Menomonee Falls, WI location. The service manager, MIke, will treat you like crap and ruin your car right in front of you. Worst experience ever. So much stress.

CarMax — I hate carmax

My nightmare started on August of 2011 when I decided to buy a convertible Mercedes at Carmax. After only...

Carmax Auto Superstore-Rosevill,CAauto repairs

CARMAX CAN NOT GET IT RIGHT-REFUND IN ORDER

Do to the poor work on my Ford Focus done by your fellow Ford dealership in Roseville(Threw Carmax) and still charging me $60 for misdiagnoses(it cost me $500.00 for Carmax's and Fords mistakes on just 1 many repairs needed and endangered lives for failing to reinstall caliper pin, I will no long be intrested in a Ford products.My engine was rebuilt poorly buy Carmax twice and Ford Roseville once.Engine rear seal leaks, harmonic balancer pulley no good, failed to replace old parts.failed to put one of the bolts back on distributor or whatever the damn part where spark plug wires attach.The list goes on.Feel free to relay this to Roseville Ford. BOYCOTT CARMAX Auto Superstore and Ford Dealership rosevile, Ca. Many of Carmax's cars are lemons.they lowball you on trade-in and their service center does extremely poor work on repairs.If you have extended warranty they still try to take for every dollar they can get.
              BOYCOTT CARMAX AUTO SUPERSTORES, Ford Motor Co.Service Centers both in Roseville, Ca. and The Warranty Group

CarMax : Augusta, GA, A RACIST & UNPROFESSIONAL Car Dealership — unethical & racist business policies

GUILTY OF: Horrible & Unprofessional Dealership services to customers, I would definately recommend to...

CarMax — finances

We purchased a vehicle from Carmax and it was financed for 6 years. We faithfully made very payment on it...