Having problems with CarMax?

CarMax reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 21, 2006. The latest review Destroyed Audi Q5 engine not covered by warranty was posted on Sep 5, 2021. The latest complaint service department was resolved on Sep 06, 2014. CarMax has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 169 reviews. CarMax has resolved 63 complaints.

CarMax Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 519 1511 (Head Office)
+1 800 925 3612 (Auto Finance)
+1 888 922 7629 (Stale Check Team)
+1 888 922 4911 (Stale Check Team)
+1 844 765 5757 (Supplier Inquiries)
12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway
SunClosed
CarMax Auto Finance
Attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 440609, Kennesaw, GA 30160

Customer Relations Department
Attn: Customer Relations Department, 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, VA 23238

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarMax Customer Service. Initial CarMax complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarMax above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarMax. Discuss the issues you have had with CarMax and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CarMax Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

CarMax — hides the truth

As a former employee, I can tell you their standards for the cars they buy and how they fix them up have...

CarMax — toyota sequoia

Ok, so I went into Carmax in San Diego in Apr 2008 and was looking for an SUV. We quickly went into a 2004...

Carmax of Hartfordmistreatment of trade-in vehicle

On 26 May 2011, my girlfriend and I stopped into Carmax of Hartford to upgrade our 1998 GMC Sonoma (2.2L, 2WD, 4spd AT, 182K miles) to a truck that would serve my business better. While looking at their trucks with a sales representative, an appraiser came by and took the keys to our truck for a quick road test. 25 minutes later, the sales representative receives an email stating our GMC was only worth $250 because of "transmission shifting issues". Being an automotive technician for 10 years, I assured her he was mistaken, and asked to speak with the appraiser. When asked to explain the said issue, his comment was "Well, I really pushed her when I left here to get her up to forty, and she shifted real hard from first to second, indicating a transmission issue" .. I was shocked that he would admit to abusing my truck, but felt that maybe he just used the wrong terminology. Back to the sale rep., I was asked if I'd like to trade my GMC, and I declined knowing I could privately sell it for over $2K. On that decision, my girlfriend spent the next four hours looking at medium sedans, and settled with a 2006 Chevrolet Impala, financed, and purchased the extended warranty. After thank yous, hand shakes, and such, we get back to our GMC, and started her up. Right off the bat, the idling was rough. My girlfriend noted as much, and I thought maybe it was just the bad gas we purchased earlier that day still running itself out of the system. As I'm pulling out of the lot, my truck stalled while in idle. I restarted her, and the idle became rougher. Frustrated, I continued down the road (25mph speed limit) and pulled onto I-91 South. Halfway down the on-ramp, at about 40mph, the truck's RPM range dropped so fast the truck stalled out, and we were stuck on the side of the road for 3hrs. I called Carmax to speak with the appraiser, but the business was closed for the day. I was beyond frustrated. I crept the truck home, stalling out at every light, and finally pulled to the driveway, where the truck stalled one last time, and refused to start again. I am extremely aggravated at the mistreatment of my vehicle. I called Carmax the next day, and spoke to three managers, who each gave me the generic "a truck with that high of mileage, you cannot be sure it was our appraiser's doing" before I finally got a manager who stated that the appraiser "has worked for her for many years, and has test drove many nice vehicles" ... I told her that owning my own business, I am well aware of companies defending their employees and did not expect to get any cooperation. I was told that a master technician and a manager would show up to my house and look at the truck to determine if it was negligence of the appraiser's doing. I was greeted with respect, and the master tech. scanned my truck, found it to be running lean on cylinder one, which concluded that it was a spark plug issue and therefore not the appraiser's doing. When I worked on the truck today, I pulled plug one out, and found the spark plug gap to be crushed, and the two points nearly welded shut. I also discovered plug three's gap to be pushed in slightly, while two and four have scrap indications. My diagnosis is that the appraiser slammed on the gas and the RPMs redlined, causing the pistons to hit the spark plugs, which is what will happen. I am appalled at the service I received after politely, and proffessionally filing a legit complaint. It's unfortunite that I purchased a vehicle from them before knowing what they did to my truck. At least their appraisal is right, the truck is worth $250 now.

• Me
      meagleson May 29, 2011

I have purchased two vehicles from Carmax and was happy until I found out that the gap insurance I had purchased with one of the cars did not exist. They have a 30 day "return" policy, I would seriously think about giving your business to someone different.

CarMax — credit

FORMER EMPLOYEE OF CARMAX, I HAVE OVERHEARD THEIR SALES PEOPLE TALKING, THERE TRYING TO SELL CARS SO BAD THEY...

CarMaxbad used car company

Two weeks after taking the car out the lot, the car started to act crazy...horn windshield wipers and spray water by itself...had to take the battery off, so I can stopped, call the dealer immediately . I had to say that, the guy took good care of me in the service department but, I had to leave my car there for a week, they give a loaner, which it was nice.After a week, I took my car home, two day after the same problem arrive, in the middle of I4 oh my GOD how embraced...my car still in the service department, they hope that this new part will do the god...honesty I'm afraid to drive the car now...I had to pay my car soon, I only used my vehicle two weeks, I'm frustrated

MrsB512 May 25, 2011

Amcastan: SO they are fixing your car and giving you one to drive while they do? I'd say that's a pretty good deal... Considering every other dealer, once you sign, you are on your own! And if you buy the other guy's extended warranty, they do NOT put you in a loaner! A used car can never guaranteed to be perfect, then why would you ever buy a new one? They do not run forever! But buying from a company who takes care of you when something does happen... sounds like a good deal to me!

CarMaxsold me a car with major repair issues

Bought an 08 Cadillac CTS last Tuesday. Should have caught on when a "tire pressure light" went on-brought it back the same day and they fixed it. Just to stay sane, I brought the car to my mechanic. He found a mouse nest in the engine (I kid you not about these issues), found that the key fob did not work regularly, found that the ac compressor was leaking, and found a suspension bracket "seperating." Also told me he couldn't believe they would sell it to me with the tires in the dry rot, worn shape they were in. Brought it to carmax to deal with issues. Carmax agreed about the mouse nest, agreed about the key fob, agreed about the suspension issue, found that the power steering pump was leaking onto the ac compressor. Those issues were covered by manufacturers warranty, and they had no problem getting it fixed. Told me that the tires were up to their specs. I told them that there specs were unacceptable and returned the car. I understand the concept of caveat emptor, but I had really hoped carmax was different. I immediately went to a cadillac dealer and bought a certified cadillac the same day. I will never step on their lot again and will make sure I tell everybody I know about the terrible experience. If you EVER buy a car from carmax, which I strongly recommend avoiding, make sure to bring it to your own mechanic.

CarMaxsold me a wrecked car and didnt tell me!

In October 2010, we purchased a 2010 Dodge Caravan from Carmax. I totally bought into the 126 point inspection bs and it never even crossed my mind that they would rip us off!

6 months later, I am wanting to trade it in for another car at another dealership and to my surprise they tell me my vehicle has been wrecked!!!

Are you serious?! We bought this car from Carmax with only 2k miles on it. "Good as new" they said. And now my trade in value is horribly low!!! I cant wait until they open tomorrow to blow up their phone line. I am so angry and so disappointed. I really trusted the Carmax name.

MrsB512 May 25, 2011

The new dealership is feeding you a line to give you less on your appraisal!

Carmax Auto Superstores Inc.sells junk

On May 29, 2006, I purchased a 1999 Volkswagen Passat from CarMax for $13, 011.85. The exterior of the car appeared in excellent condition and the interior was appealing as well. The mileage on the vehicle at the time of purchase was 85, 221. I was concerned with the mileage being so high, but the salesman assured me Carmax thoroughly checked this vehicle before placing it on the lot for sale. He suggested I purchase the extended warranty and I did for $1, 169.00. What I wasn't prepared for, was the insurmountable repairs and return visits for service that began on July 21, 2006, just 2 months after purchasing the car. There were a dozen subsequent visits within a year and a half totaling over $5, 000.00 in repairs that were not covered under the warranty. Today, there are still repairs pending on this vehicle with an approximate cost of over $3, 000.00 and it cannot pass emmissions testing. Essentially, this vehicle was never reliable or dependable and never served its purpose. Soon, it will be of no use to us because the granted extension on the emissions service will run out in May, 2009. I have been widowed for 11 years and have raised 4 sons on teachers salary. This car was intended to get my sons back and forth to sporting practices and games, school events, their part-time jobs, and college. I still owe approximately $7, 000.00 on this car and basically, the car is only worth $3, 500.00. I met with the manager of the Carmax Service Department on March 21, 2008. We went through the file I accumulated; discussing the date of service for each item, the mileage at the time of service, the necessary repairs, the expense of the service, and the pending repairs. He mentioned, 'Carmax would give me an estimate to buy the car, but indicated since it was over 100, 000 miles, it wouldn't be much and certainly wouldn't be enough to pay off the balance owed.' He stated also, 'he did not think Carmax would buy me out from under this car.' I told him I saw negative feedback on the internet about Carmax and I would do the same. He didn't seem concerned. I told him I got the Carmax Corporate Headquarters information off the internet and was going to contact them next. He said, 'they will only tell you to talk to the service center where you purchased the car.' He said, 'he would discuss my concerns with the other service manager and get back to me.' I never heard from him. One week later, I filed a complaint against Carmax with the State of Maryland, Office of The Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. Unfortunately, they were not able to help because the vehicle was over five years old when purchased and over 60, 000 miles. However, they did contact Carmax's Legal Department, who felt they met their obligation to me under the Limited Warranty and declined any relief related to the vehicle. I filed a small claims lawsuit against Carmax in the District Court of Maryland. Judgement was granted in favor of Carmax on October 24, 2008. The judge said, 'I failed to provide an expert witness to claim the repairs rendered to the vehicle were most likely there at the time of purchase.' I have appealed this judges decision. My advise to anyone who has read my story, is to avoid purchasing a used vehicle from Carmax. They spend millions in advertising. How could they not offer assistance to a widowed mom and teacher; a mother, raising 4 children on her own on a single salary? I will NEVER patronize CARMAX.

MrsB512 May 25, 2011

Problem one is you bought a Passat. Carmax is actually going to stop selling all Volkswagen products because they have so many issues. Do your research, its not carmax, its the company who made the car. Second, if you owe $7, 000 after owning the car for five years and you only bought it for $13, 000, that was a poor financial decision in that it should be paid off by now, so you would be ahead by $3500, which by checking the value of cent per mile value from the mileage you bought it at and how long you drove it for what you paid, that's a really good deal. Next time if you need a car and have children and not large funds, one would strongly recommend to buy a Japanese product before European!

CarMaxtried to rip me off

Disclaimer: I was laid off in April 2009 and anyone else that has been knows that when you lose your job your credit goes with it.

After 6 trips to the dealership trying to obtain financing, paying $200 to have a vehicle shipped & submitting all required paperwork, I was approved for financing on 1/31/11. I was working for a tax office (temporarily as I do every year) making $150/day before taxes, 6 days a week. THEY WERE MORE THAN AWARE THAT I WAS A FULL-TIME TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE THERE. My initial salesperson was an *** cluster### named Chas Keithan. He was working a 2 weeks notice & had no problem telling me so. The person that ultimately sold me the vehicle, after hours might I add, was Steve Young (decent guy).

On 2/9/11, Bill Stevenson (the rude, *** sales manager) called me to advise that my financing was not approved & I needed to return the vehicle. From the date of purchase to the day I received this call, I had taken the vehicle back twice for minor repairs & no one said a word. The very same day I received a job offer making 40k/year and had an offer letter as proof. I explained this to Bill the ***, faxed him a copy of the letter, along with proof that I had already purchased a tag & insurance for the vehicle. APPARENTLY, I wanted the car if I paid $200 to have it sent to me. He rudely told me I had to bring the car back anyway. I paid a $3000 down payment by the way. I said fine & asked when I would get my down payment back. His response was that he was not sure. CarMax took the down payment money from my account less than 12 hours after I wrote the check (the money was gone when I woke up on 2/1/11 & remember I wrote the check at about 10 pm) so I had a problem with the I don't know ***.

After many attempts to work out a deal with CarMax to avoid returning a car I loved & not having a way to a job I JUST STARTED (on 2/21/11) I said I would return the car if (AND ONLY IF), they returned my down payment just as fast as they took it from me. The general manager Oscar Kummerlowe began calling me at this point to work out a deal. The terms were to bring the car back, get a loaner car, & they would run my financing again when I received my first paycheck (on 2/28/11). I agreed IF AND ONLY IF, he would give me the agreement in writing. He would not so I refused to take the car back. Someone named Sharon from the corporate office, alongwith other CarMax employees kept calling me asking when I would bring the car back. Not once did anyone call to try & help me or even make the sale. All these vultures wanted was their car back. CarMax sent a letter to my home FedEx demanding the car back or they would repossess it & threatened to report to the credit bureaus on me. I got an attorney.

After CarMax received the letter from my attorney, they called me on 3/11/11 to advise that they had cash in the store & would give me my money back in cash if I bring the car back that day. Luckily, by that date, I had already obtained financing at another dealership for a better car, better terms, a lower payment, AND I picked this vehicle up on the same day. I returned their piece of *** car, got my money back and drove into the sunset in my new car.

My problem is this.. Why wasn't financing cleared before I left on 1/31? Why was I told initially I would have to wait 10 days to get my money back? Why wouldn't they give me the terms about the loaner agreement in writing? Why was the solution so simple after I got an attorney? But you know what? It all worked out in MY favor. I will scream to the blue skies to NEVER deal with CarMax. I won't.

CarMaxrip off

I purchased a car in december from the charlotte nc carmax. you have 5 days to return it. day 6 the car started having issues. carmax then told me "the market has changed" and we can offer you 7 grand less than what you paid SIX DAYS AGO.

i contacted carmax care to find out what could be done... couldn't ever reach a person who could tell me anything about my policy. they did not respond to my emails at any point.

when i traded in my car, it needed new tires. they deducted that from what they were willing to pay for my car... reasonable. today i went to a tire dealer b/c one of the tires had a slow leak. turns out THERE ARE USED TIRES ON THE CAR.

the tire employee showed me exactly how bad they were and said the tires were dangerous and there was no way they didn't see it 3 months ago. and of course it isn't the dealerships problem and they could care less.

don't buy from them unless u want to get a POS car and enjoy getting screwed.

• Ni
                  NicP74 Dec 03, 2009

I have been a long time customer of the Raleigh, NC store. I was planning on buying my 4th vehicle from them. I paid $349 to have a vehicle transfered, So far, so good. Then I got the surprise. When they appraised my vehicle it was so low I offered to buy 10 of them at that price to turn a nice profit. They were $3, 000 below NADA "rough"trade value on a clean trade. The sales rep was a goober. The people greeting us at the entrance were rude. It was the worst experience I can remember.

I ate the tranfer fee and went to a dealer (which I usually detest) and had a great experience. I got fair value for my trade and a great deal.

Great deals at Carmax are gone. Times have changed. Carmax is a low end, terrible, sleezy used car pusher. Never Again!!!

CarMax — wrote me a bad check for $25,000.00

Took a SL500 to Carmax in Plano, TX to sell. Got $25, 000.00 for it. Took the deal. Went through all the...

CarMaxdoes not do a full 125 point inspection as stated

Bought a truck on Jan 20, 2011. 4 days later, tie rods replaced and alignment needed. One week later rear axle leak. All supposedly checked during 125 point CQI inspection. Service mngr tells me they actually don't check everything unless technician feels the need. How do you check tie rods or alignment without lifting vehicle up or putting on alignment machine? Had these things been done, they also would have noticed rear axle leak. Talked to Service manager and he tells me I aggrevated the axle leak by towing a 1000 lb trailer 3 miles. Called Customer no service. No help. Will be talking to attorney next

STAY AWAY FROM CARMAX !!

Carmax Las Vegasworst experience ever

In 2009 i baught a 2004 chrysler sebring from carmax. Sice iv had it carmax has spent over $10, 000 in repairs on my warranty.Its been in the shop 3 times in the last three weeks, I have begged them to get me out of it. The best they can do is give me $4000 trade in I owe $8, 500, and with there high interest rates i cant afford the payment.Also I really dont want to buy any thing from them again. So far corporate wont even call me back.This car is absolute junk, from elect, to mechanical. Carmax is the worst company iv ever seen, run for your life dont buy from them! This car is unsafe, and i think they know it.They should its been in there shop enough times.

CarMax Auto Superstore — dishonest employes & management

About a year ago, Car Max advertised online a 2003 Land Rover for $13, 000. My wife was interested in the...

CarMaxbad car/bad service

I bought a 2008 Infiniti G37S on Friday, on Saturady the car is completely dead, does not start, doors do not unlock, trunk does not open. Called on Carmax on Saturday, said to call a tow company to bring car in and would give me a loaner. Tow company does not arrive for three hours, get to Carmax and my Sales Asssociate is too busy to see me, Sales Manager is too busy is at lunch. I go to Business Office and no one there who can help me, so I tell them I want to return the car. I ask for my down payment, and they refuse to return the check I wrote less than 18 hours ago, and say it will take 10 business days to return my money, so I have to stop payment on the check. I sign return paperwork, and, then, the sales associate and manager have time for me, but then it is too late. I was treated poorly with little concern for selling me a car for $27, 000 that does not start.

CarMaxnightmare

My wife was looking for a vehicle and found a Toyota she liked online at our local CarMax. We went to look at it one evening and everything looked good. We viewed the carfax and were happy to see there were only two owners and no accidents. I like the car but wanted to take some time to think about it.

The next day we decided to purchase the vehicle and the salesperson said we could come down that evening to pick up the car. We chose to use the CarMax financing since we would only be financing half of the cost. We went through the application process and were easily approve for the amount. We asked the salesperson if we could use a personal check for the down payment and they assured us this would be no problem. We made out the check and we presented it to the salesperson.

The next thing that happen really caught me by surprise. The salesperson asked us to log-on to our personal online bank account so we could prove to the manager that we had the money in the bank to cover the check!! Unbelievable! I asked them if this was normal procedure and they indicated that since the banks were closed this was the only way to confirm the funds. I was not insulted by questioning if we had the funds but asking me to log on to my bank account using THEIR computer was very concerning. Not only did I NOT want some stranger looking at my bank account, I also didn't feel it was safe to use a "public" computer to log into my online account. I would be putting my trust not only in the salesperson and manager but also any other person or IT personnel that has access to the that computer and network. I told them I was not comfortable doing this and asked if I could use a credit card. The answer was no. I asked if they could just hold on to the check and call the bank in the morning and then I could pick up the car the following evening. The answer was no. I wished the sales person would have let me know about this before inviting me down. Frustrated I left without the vehicle.

The next evening I returned with a cashier's check. CarMax happily took the check and we left with the vehicle. The very next day - and the first time we saw the vehicle in the daylight, my wife and I noticed some paint abnormalities on the passenger side of the vehicle. Upon closer inspection it became obvious the entire passenger side, from the front fender, both doors and the rear quarter panel had been re-painted; and quite poorly I might add. This is when I got pissed. Using CarMax was supposed to be an easy, honest up front way to buy a vehicle. There is absolutely no way these car sales experts didn't know this car had been painted from front to back on the passenger side. They just chose not to inform us of this. I took the vehicle back that evening and made use of the 5 day return policy. Of course this process took almost as long as buying the car. Very sad.

I'm not saying don't use CarMax. I'm just sayin - don't treat them any different than what they are; Used Car Salesmen.

CarMaxripped me when they appraised my car!

I took my car to CarMax for an appraisal and they offered me almost $3000 less than 3 other dealerships. I didn't care that much at first b/c they didn't have the car I wanted in their inventory. Now they do. I called back and asked to speak with a manager, they refused and only gave me BS reasons to why their appraisals are so low. I can't get a car from another dealership here b/c they don't offer AWD. Now I have to wait till I move up north. Which I would rather do than purchase a car from those thieves!!

Both my husband and I have purchased a car there in the past. This was about 5 years ago. Everything was smooth. Now, if you look at their prices they are much higher than other dealerships, and obviously their appraisals much lower!

Not a good experience!!

AnonAnon123 Jan 16, 2017

Purchased a 2005 vehicle from Carmax at 19K miles. Had them appraised the vehicle in 1/2017 at 93K at same Carmax. They appraised it for $700 only. Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book estimated it be $2, 300. Everything was the same except upgrade on SiriusXM w/ GPS Navigation screen and a Eckhart Wielding and Hitch Upgrade for bicycle rack use only with lifetime warranty. They said the hitch add-on was considered frame damage. Go figure. What's worst. Found out the vehicle Carmax sold us at the time didn't show accident on the Carfax report only until 9 months later. Told them we never had any accidents. The sales guy just did the 'I don't know' gesture.

• Un
                            unhappy with carmax Apr 08, 2013

my husband took our 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn Edition to Carmax after seeing many commercials for them stating they'll give you a "fair market value" offer and a promise of "inspecting the vehicle while you watch". of course we didn't believe the "fair market value" but thought we'd at least get an offer for trade-in value, which was 11, 900.00 according to NADA and KBB. they offered us 9500.00 stating damage to the vehicle. this truck has never been in an accident and we tried to see the damage they were talking about but it just didn't exist. also my husband was not allowed to watch the inspection. what a joke! their offer was nowhere near fair market value which is 15, 900.00 according to KBB and NADA. the salesman said they "had to cover their overhead and they would only be able to sell it for 15, 000". my husband laughed at them and told them they are selling 2 trucks just like his on their lot for 17, 000.00. he also said their overhead is not his problem, told them what a joke they were and left. we will never do business with them!

CarMaxscam company

These people want top dollar on the vehicles they sell and use this "no haggle" price crap to make you feel like they are helping you by overcharging you. I recently went to the Henderson NV location and looked at trading two cars in for a nearly new one. I was told my 2002 Mercury Cougar was worth $1500, they sell online all day long for $3-4K. Then my 2002 Lincoln Navigator fully loaded 4X4 with $1200 tires was worth $3500, I found them listed online here in Vegas for $8-10K and all had over the 75K miles mine did. So then I was told they couldn't deal with the price of the 2007 Mazda 6 I looked at...$16, 000 really was the best they could do. Later I found out it was a former rental car too. I looked at a value package Mazda 6 in 08 at the dealer and they were $18, 000 new. This is not the first but most recent time I went to Carmax and left asking myself why I bothered to waste my time. It is easy to buy here but trust me you are getting ripped off. In my opinion if they ask for high perfect condition retail value they better at least give me close to private party on my trades. I was told that KBB is estimating high to get people to want to buy cars and into dealers. Yet when the price for their car was over KBB retail they could not explain that one. You have been warned.

CarMaxservice and warranty are crap

I purcharsed a 2003 Nissan Altima at Carmax August, 2009. Right after I got it, the check engine light went on and we took it in. They said it was an O-2 sensor and a vacuum cylinder leak. They never checked the catalytic converter when they replaced the sensor. October, 2010, the check engine light went back on. I took it in and it's been hell since. The warranty company refuses to fix the car and Carmax refuses to take responsibility for selling me a car with problems. The catalytic converter apparently broke apart and sent pices into the engine. So I need a new engine. Even as the tow truck was taking my car off to the Nissan dealership, the jerk at Carmax actually had the nerve to tell us that they stand behind their cars the entire time a customer owns it. Oh please. If they stand behind it, it's to help you push it onto the tow truck. To add insult to injury, the front tire is now flat too. It was fine when I took the car to Carmax.
                            Needless to say, I will see them in court.

• Up
                                upset110202 Aug 03, 2012

I agree with those complains I am in the same situation I purchased a Volkswagen Jetta 2006 I havent had it for a year & it has been the shop in several occasions for Electrical Issues for my gas tank not allowing me to pump gas in it for a broken motor on one of my windows which they did not even bother to let me know the extended warranty is now taking care of the window, but the electrical problem Carmax nor Volkswagen can find it they both say it is good it doesnt have anything, but when I get it back it starts all over again gosh it sucks when you are paying for a car you can not even enjoy :(

carmax-extended warrantiescarmax scams

I PURCHASED A VEHICLE FROM CARMAX IN OCTOBER AND WHEN PURCHASING THE SALES REP KEPT PUSHING ME INTO BUYING AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR $5, 000, AFTER SEVERAL PERSUASIVE REQUESTS, I ACCEPTED. A MONTH LATER, I VISITED WITH MY FATHER ABOUT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND SEARCHED THE INTERNET THAT INFACT MY CAR STILL HAD THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY, WHICH COVERED MORE THAN THE WARRANTY I PURCHASED. THE NEXT DAY I WENT IN TO CARMAX AND ASKED HOW I CXL THE WARRANTY. I WAITED AN HOUR AND FINALLY SOMEONE ASSISTED ME. SHE SAID SHE COULD NOT WRITE A CHECK TO ME BUT WOULD WRITE A CHECK TO THE LEINHOLDER FOR THE REMAINING 1200. IN THREE MONTHS FOR A 3 YEAR WARRANTY IT HAD DROPPED FROM $5000 TO $1200?????? I TOOK MY PAPERWORK AND LEFT AND ASSUMED THAT A CHECK WOULD BE WRITTEN TO MY LEINHOLDER. A YEAR LATER I CONTACTED MY LEINHOLDER FOR A PRINTOUT OF PAYMENTS MADE ON MY VEHICLE. LOOKED AT THE PRINT OUT AND THERE WAS NO PAYMENT EVER MADE BY CARMAX OR ANY SUBSIDARY. CONTACTED MY ARLINGTON CARMAX STORE AND WAS TOLD TO CALL CORPORATE. I CONTACTED CORPORATE AND LADY WAS VERY RUDE AND SAID I WOULD NEED TO FAX DOCUMENTS AND DID SO. I CALLED HER BACK NEXT DAY AND SHE SAID THEY SHOWED NO RECORD THAT I HAD MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO CXL. THE PAPERWORK I SENT HER WAS IRRELEVENT BECAUSE ALL IT SHOWED WAS THAT I MAY HAVE CHANGED MY MIND BEFORE FINAL DOCUMENTS WERE SUBMITTED. MY PAPERWORK SAYS CXL WITH MY SIGNATURE AND STORE FINANCIAL REP SIGNATURE AND ONE OTHER PERSONS SIGNATURE. DO NOT PURCHASE VEHICLE OR WARRANTIES FROM CARMAX-COMPANY IS A FRAUD!!!