Bmw Sytner Leicesterrepeated pdc failures/frequent visits

D

Over last 10/11 months I have made 6/7 visits for repairs/correction of faults with PDC failure during last 10/11 months.My first three visits (between Apr.2010-June 2010) resulted in no positive action taken, either because of faulty wiring or sensor replacement.Finally a sensor was replaced.I had to spend 6/7 hours in the waiting area for the fault to be rectified.Hardly three months expired when the fault appeared again.I have been paying for parts and labour except on one occasion when labour charges were waived.An MOT test on my vehicle was carried out on 14.02.2011.When I brought my car home PDC failure warning appeared again.I notified the service Dept.at sytner Leicester and was told to book another appointment for 22.02.2011 for inspection.Now I am told another sensor needs replacing that would cost me £138.00.I am not happy with having to pay again and again.I am retired and I feel this kind of poor service is un-necessary burden on my limited resources.I would like to state here that I have been a BMW customer for last 22 years, and feel that a company of this repute should look after their loyal customers.I seek your help.
DR.SAEED A.SHEIKH

Anneka @ Sytner Feb 24, 2011

Dear Dr. Sheikh,

I am very sorry to read that you are disappointed with the level of service that you have received from Sytner Leicester BMW. Sytner Leicester BMW’s service department is committed to delivering the very highest of services to all our customers. It is unfortunate that the PDC sensor fault on your car has appeared several times, as you know the front and rear systems consist of 8 separate sensors. Upon review of the work carried previously carried out on your car I can confirm that the sensor now in need of replacement is not the same one that was replaced before hand. We hope that this is the last sensor which needs to be replaced.

Sytner Leicester is aware that you are not happy with the service you have received thus far, and the dealership has been trying to ensure that the car is repaired each time with as little cost to yourself as possible, including having waived the labour on the previous repair as a gesture of goodwill from us.

Unfortunately with your car being just under four years out of manufacturer’s warranty parts can be expensive to replace when things go wrong. We do appreciate your custom and I am very sorry that you feel we have been unhelpful.

Kind Regards,