Menu
BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke
reviews & complaints

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

186 complaints
76 resolved 110 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:30 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - poor service

My car was given 'two year service' at Westerly, Exeter. Before that the car was a pleasure to drive. Since 16th September when a two year service was carried out I have had nothing but problems. loss of power, accusations of poor driving, also confusing details given. On the 20th October I had to call for help my car simply stopped. I had another problem on the 5th February called for help told to take it to Westerly to have it checked. I was told that until the problem showed up then I would have to accept that I would have more problems! I refused to accept this and was then told me that the clutched had been tightened.

I did contact the workship saying the I would contact BMW about my car. They then carried out another check and found that the brake was not releasing therefore causing more problems. I could continue with this problem but having written to BMW myself detailing what has happened and getting no response I feel that possibly I may get some advice from you. I bought the car in 2010 and have had problems since 2012

The mileage is 3391. I have driven for over 40 years and have never ever had a car breakdown ever during that time.

U
Mar 24, 2014 10:24 am

dear
sir, before five month ago RBI call me, i have a lucky draw 1cr.60 lac.but rbi stuff asked me i have a 10500 .oo reps.payment custom department. i don't true this.

S
11:00 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - fraudulent repairs / bad workmanship

Utterly Disgusted with BMW SMG South Africa...

2012 BMW 1 series was involved in an accident and has been left at the SMG Repair Centre Briardene on the 13 December 2013 and up to this day, I do not have my vehicle back. I have now declined repairs on the vehicle 4 times due to bad workmanship on paint and overall repairs.
I met with the manager of the repair centre last week. Selvan advised that when I arrive, he will have a 40 point check done and a quality assurance certificate to state that everything is 100%. Nothing was produced and furthermore Upon inspection, we found the following:

Wrong Sealers being used on finishes
Further Damage to the new replacement fender and wheel arch.
Wrong welding techniques used with regards to overall repairs
Sealers not being used in other major areas
Prima not applied to key areas of the repair
Forced and damage signs to repaired areas which are under panels (trying to cover up/ hide damages)
No signs of factory finishes (spot welding)
The list still goes on…..

All the above mentioned was stipulated to the manager and part of his team by myself and a professional repairer whereby no one could answer to FACTS and EVIDENCE present on my vehicle.

I am utterly disappointed with the workmanship and dishonesty of the BMW Briardene Team and further more: Fraudulent Misrepresentation of workmanship

How many vehicles have left Briardene SMG without proper checks being done as customers think they have peace of mind.

I am highly disappointed with the integrity of staff and workmanship of trained individuals.

Duration to date for repairs= 4 months 6 days and now they want to do repairs for the 5th time... Appauling

Steven Goodall
VIN WBA1A12030E689181
Ph. 0824533317
Ph. 0837069678
Email [email protected]

2 comments
V
Jun 25, 2014 1:15 am

Yesterday someone called me. And he is said I m calling from you are the lucky person you won 3600000 but i cant to belive it but now he is said you first deposit 15500 and after I will transfer the money to your account now I want to verify its a true or not really the money was there in my account

Jun 25, 2014 4:32 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What do YOU think. ? Send nothing. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is !

N
12:33 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - fraudent warranty

I had bought a BMW X 5 in Jan 2012 from Al Naghi Motors, in Jan 14 i noticed that the tyres are chipping out and have uneven wear. I complaint to the service center and got the answer "there is no indicator or alarm that tells u that u have a prob with alignment" that explained the uneven wear but what about chipping, well they had no answer. After a lot of push they took the car in to check and came back with a report from the tyre vendor that this is normal and the chipping is due to driving on rough road. At this point I would like to inform that my car had done 22000 kms and my daily run with car is between office and home where my office is in proper city location and the route from my office to home is one of the main roads in Jeddah. I had sent a complaint to customer service of BMW and all I get is that we have sent your complaint to technical dept and would come back to you.
To change the tyres it would be anything between 15000 to 20, 000 Saudi Riyals which is absolutely bizarre. Can someone help

M
Mar 06, 2014 5:14 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Advises that I have won a new BMW car : Just have to pay $20.00 for Acquisition Fee :

K
8:48 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - negligence in attending to repair

My BMW X1 Diesel, after a hydro-static lock was taken to the only service center available in Kerala at Cochin on 26th June. After 1 month, they gave a rough estimate costing around 5 lakhs with an indication that the actual cost may go to higher side and I was asked to remit Rs 3 Lacs as advance. Till date the repairs are not attended. It is kept idle on an open yard for the last 4 months. My request to exchange it with a new one under buy- back scheme is also not entertained by them or by BMWIndia corporate office at Gurgauon. They have a deaf ear attitude, except giving a cosmetic reply. Even if they do the repairs at very high cost and make it in running condition, due to the negligent attitude in handling the diesel vehicle, my recurring expenditure will be very high. My apprehension is (1) if they had repaired the damages due to water-lock soon after the incident, the expenditure of changing machine parts due to rust could have been minimal. And (2) by discarding the vehicle under rains & sun for 4 months must have caused damages to many parts of my car and even if they repair it at a very high cost, these damages will increase my regular service cost like anything.
Kindly advise me where shall approach for redressing my grievences? Would any automobile engineer reply me the damages that might have happened in keeping the diesel engine car for a long time of 4 months in open air subjected to heavy rains & sun.
Kurup.K.M
Mob: +919447111991. [email protected]

View 0 more photos

V
12:39 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought an extended warranty plan for my 2000 bmw 323ci in good faith hoping they would pay for the repairs that were listed in their coverage plan. I bought this plan from sera lane on 12/10/2010. I put down a down payment and paid it all off in may of 2012. The total for the plan was $3, 141.00. The plan agreement said 60 months or 100, 000 miles. I am...

4:50 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, Please view emails that I have discussed below with BMW "Top being the latest and below being the first email sent" I have not gotten satisfaction till date as I have taken my vehicle in for the 4th time at BMW Service Centre. Please assist From: Dalven Maistry - Business Connexion Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:26 AM To...

T
5:42 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - no reply

Sir I want to know about the lucky draw held by the bmw group.
I have revived an email form bmw group to contact with societe generale to revive my prize money and a bmw car. So I mailed all my information on this email id. (Societe. [email protected]) as directed by the bmw company, but now I revived no reply from your side so please inform me about this matter as soon as possible.
Thanks

G
2:59 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - swirl flaps destroyed engine

I was the proud owner of a BMW SE Touring 320D that has a full service history since bought in 2002 and has been kept in immaculate condition since. One of the swirl flaps became detached and was through a BMW design fault ! was sucked into the piston chamber and subsequently destroyed the engine ! There are none of the usual warning lights for this failure and the image of BMW as being an excellent and reliable manufacturer is destroyed as this fault is common on in models of this period. I believe up to 2006. Beware and don't expect any recourse from BMW trying to contact them about this fault has proved unsuccessful !

P
6:59 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - lack of customer service

Bad experience, Lack of excellent service to customer, Don’t care attitude by staff, Lack of accountability and professionalism and most importantly, Rude and arrogant technician and service manager.
From when the car was purchased, the car has been problematic for us. The first incident happened one month after the car was purchased from Leo Haese Hatfield. I drove the vehicle to a shopping centre close to home, not more than 5ks away. It was parked for a period of 5 minutes, but when I came out to start the car, the car wouldn’t start. I called the BMW ON-Call for assistance; I kept on hold about 20 minutes until the phone call got cut off. I called again for assistance and I was kept on hold for about 10-15 minutes before I could speak to anyone. The road side technician arrived in Silverton after three hours. The car was taken to Leo Haese Hatfield for an assessment, during the course of this process, I was not provided with feedback or progress on the car, I needed to always call to find out about the progress. The technician that was handling the issue initially indicating to me that the problem was caused by the insertion of the tracker system and if they discover that the problem is caused by that, I will be charged. I informed him that I will not bear the cost for that. The worst thing about this painful incident, my car was at the dealership about a week.BMW Leo Haese Hatfield service manager ( Tommy)had no decency to understand my situation and come up with a solution to my inconvenience that is been caused by the lack of feedback to the customer, delay in completion of the task at hand. I had to fight with him in order for him to provide a courtesy car for me to use. A month later the car had to be taken in again to Leo Haese Hatfield for aircon ventilations that were not functioning anymore. When I was called to be informed that the car has been booked for the ventilations to be changed, I was told that all ventilations have been ordered so I would need to bring the car in for one day but this was not the case. When I went to fetch the car, I was informed that two of the ventilations were not in stock so I would need to bring the car in again at a different date. I was very angry and disappointed about the service level and the “I don’t care” attitude that I was presented to me and my wife. The staff and service manager don’t care about the inconvenience that they cause customers.
In October 2012 the car was booked in for re-spraying of the front bumper. On the day of collection, I spoke to Barend Buys as well as Andries Mokhohlwa from Barlowold Motor retail, where we had been referred for the re-spraying of the vehicle. I mentioned that because I was in meetings the whole day and would be driving from Florida, I would be there latest by 18:00. Both promised that Andries would wait there till 18:00. We arrived there 17:40, to find the place closed. No keys of information were given to the security. We called 012 335 2522 as well as 079 500 5828 to no avail.
After the three incidents, I went to Andre, the pre-owned vehicles manager and I informed him about the poor condition of the car and told him that I don’t want the car anymore. This was taken to my attorneys but before the matter rushed and escalated into a legal matter, we were able to fix and reach an understanding about the car. I also informed Andre that I am not happy about false promises that were made by the sales person by the name of Jacque. I was told that I would receive my present and my magazine with my picture on it for purchasing the vehicle and pictures were taken of me and my wife. Andre assigned a lady to look into the matter but to date I have not received them or any feedback.

During the course of December 2012, my car was booked in for service. During the course of the service, the brake pads had to be changed. The brakes were changed but the rims of the car were scratched/ chipped by the technician that was handling the car. What is most disappointing and disrespectful about this incident, the technician didn’t have the respect, professionalism, accountability to report the incident to his supervisor or service manager about the scratches on the rims. My wife took note of the scratches and informed me immediately. I called BMW Leo Haese Hatfield to inform the service manager about the damage. I informed the consultant that I will be bringing the car the next day but when I got to Leo Haese Hatfield, I was informed that Tommy has just left which really illustrated the lack of customer centricity and professionalism from everyone that was handling and dealing with my problem. For me to be present at the dealership that day, I needed to fly from Cape Town and to be told that the service manager has just left. BMW Leo Haese Hatfield doesn’t take into account the cost of me coming there for nothing. The car was only fixed on the 04th January 2013.

RECENT INCIDENT
12 March – Khutso (Wife) started noticing a vibration when changing the gear.
13 March – I called to book the vehicle in for the following day. (we did not make use of vehicle from this day on)
14 March – I took the vehicle to Leo Haese . A technician drove out with Sizwe to test the vehicle. He confirmed that the clutch plate that was worn out. He mentioned to I that they would have to do a electronic diagnosis, as well as to check the engine mounting. Later advised I to take the vehicle home as the part to be ordered would only arrive either on Monday 18 March or Tuesday 19 March. (Drove home and parked the vehicle)
18 March – We were asked to bring in the vehicle on 19 March.
19 March – Dropped it off, and was advised that it would take longer than a day to have it fixed. Later during the day Nico called to update us that they worked on the vehicle, however they have ordered a part and are still waiting for that particular part that would stop the vehicle from vibrating.
20 March – Nico called to give feedback. She said the vehicle had been fixed. And after everything was done on the vehicle, the technician drove it to test if all was ok. I QUOTE: ‘They have noticed that the clutch is very hard and would like to have the clutch replaced too. We have ordered the part, and it will arrive of Friday. So your vehicle will be ready for collection on Friday. I wont be in, but another consultant will be handling your case.’
21 March – Public Holiday
22 March – No feedback provided, till I called in after 13:00. Khutso (Wife) spoke to Marlene who said the vehicle was not ready as the part they had ordered on Wednesday would only arrive at 14:00. Promised to call with feedback at 14:00. And also mentioned that the vehicle would not be ready on this day. After the call I called the dealership and spoke to Tommy the service manager who informed him that vehicle would be ready for collection by afternoon. (Rude and very arrogant).
Arrived at the the dealership at 16:45, was informed by the service consultant that they are just finishing up, the car will be out soon. At 17:20, the technician drove out to test the vehicle. At 17:32 I was informed by the service consultant – I QUOTE ‘the technician has driven the vehicle, and it is still vibrating. That’s why I initially said this vehicle wouldn’t be ready by today. You can take it home and bring it back on Monday, because it is drivable and it will not break down.’
Due to the lack of professionalism and respect for the customer, I had to cancel my trip with my family due to the vehicle that is in poor condition to drive. No technician or service manager was there to account for the poor service.
5 minutes later I asked to feel the vehicle to determine if we would be taking it or not. The vehicle felt worse than when we booked it in. – Costa Rengecas – started drifting away from the subject and started mentioning – I QUOTE: ‘ the vehicle has been re-sprayed. Please, I would like you to tell me where you took it to be re-sprayed.’ UNQUOTE (The vehicle has according to our knowledge, never been re-sprayed. We bought it from Leo Haese Hatfield as a pre-owned vehicle from Jacques – who has since left the dealership. The only part which we know was re-sprayed, is the front bumper, due to small dents and chips). He then asked the service consultant I QUOTE: ‘who did the MOTOR PLAN on this vehicle?’ UNQUOTE. To which the service consultant said she doesn’t know. We left the vehicle at Leo Haese.

Cost Estimate:
This is really an inconvenience and we are enduring unnecessary costs. For one, the vehicle which my wife is making use of in the absence of the BMW, is consuming a lot of Diesel. In just 2 days it consumes what she would use in a week with the BMW. Between the 13th to date we’ve spent over R800 extra on Diesel, which wouldn’t be the case if the dealership knew what customer service is.

P
7:03 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - spare key

Can you believe?The dealer still don"t care about this situation. Friends, customer... Why we should by another bmw?Just reminder... Another very frustrated customer. I bought a new 2013 bmw x5 on december 26th at vista bmw in coconut creek. One week later I realized I hadn't received the second spare key so I emailed the salesman, donal mccarthy to request the key. He responded by telling me the key was left in the owners manual when I took possession of the car. I informed him it was not there and it was very important he contact me so I could get the key. Mr. Mccarthy called today to let me know that this very expensive key was left in the glove compartment (Not even given directly to me) and that it would be my responsibility to spend hundreds of dollars if I wanted a second key. Seriously? After spending $63, 000 on a brand new car in his dealership, he not only had the nerve to lie to me (There was no spare key left in the glove compartment) , but to offer absolutely no help in resolving the problem. So much for their customer service skills!

Update by Paulo Carvalho
Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

In response to you message, when I purchased the car, Customer service was very poor and transaction very confusion, I drove way with the car without thinking about checking for the spare and Valet keys, When I got home and went looking for it, Is when I noticed that they were nowhere to be found, I called the Sales person, and they told me the keys was placed in the glove compartment, I checked all over the car, but i couldn't find them, As far as I know the Sales person is supposed to make you sign a release of all items giving to you, I never signed no such a paper, Vista customer service is the worth, if it was me as a Sales Person, a customer buying a $63K car deserve much better customer service than what I had, I will do anything in my power to let everyone know that kind of service they give to their customers, I will go to BMW website every day if I have to, and write in a bad review,
Best regards

G
3:39 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - import car

Warning do not buy from norman motors I purchased what I thought to be my dream car bmw convertible in sept 2011 I paid & pound;17000 from my bank account which I saved long and hard for two years. I was told by tony there salesmen the car was 1 owner from new and was a local car! How wrong I was! I recently advertised the car on autotrader and was fortunate to gain a sale from a chap in southampton the deal was all complete with deposit exchanged - carl the buyer asked if he could see my service record and was quite alarmed! He said to me "why did you not tell me the car wasn't registered is the uk" I said the car was locally owned in bournemouth. I had found out the car was a grey import. I lost my sale!

So shaking with anger I called norman motors and spoke with the salesmen tony who sold me the car! I explained everything - he said well that won't make a difference ! I was completely shock! I classed norman motors as prestige motor company my god I was wrong.

Having been told there is no difference I called a local bmw dealers they expressed on the telephone I should have been told this information and they would not take my car in px as it's not a uk car. I made a further phone call to we buy any car - even they would not buy my car! I called back norman motors and explained this - I was refered to the company director david norman and barry norman they expressed they will do nothing with this as they have done nothing wrong and it does not effect the resale value of my car! Lol

I am currently seeking legal advise I feel cheated for 17k with what I thought was a grade 1 bmw - not matter what car garage your dealing with no matter how big always check never trust the salesmen!

M
9:04 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - wrong info supplied by bmw on the natis system

We sold a bmw f650gs motorcycle only to realize that the wrong engine number was registered by bmw in 2004 on the natis system. bmw even sent me a confirmation letter to confirm the number as it should be on the natis system. according to the new law, as from 1 september 2012, all vehicles must have data dot done should any information differ from the original documents. we had to pay r 550 for the data dot to be done to get police clearance to re-register the motorcycle on the natis system. all of these actions wouldn't be necessary if bmw first of all did not register the motorcycle with the incorrect number. bmw now refuse to refund us as they are under the impression that we had to pay for roadworthy for change of ownership. the payment of r550 was for the data dot to be done. we had to pay an extra r300 for the roadworthy as well. why can big companies get away with this kind of this, and the consumer must carry the extra costs?

Feb 15, 2013 3:10 am

I have been suffering from lack of response to a complaint I made to the local dealer and head office. My car has only 50, 000 KM on the dial and I took in for regular serivce to be told that the engine has an oil sludge and that major parts of the rngine need replacement, at around 7000 USD cost. I wonder how can such an oil sludge form when the car is admitted regualrly for service and has only 50, 000 KM !

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

“The Day BMW Killed My Loyalty” I have a very high threshold for dissatisfaction, but my recent experience with BMW caused me to take the time to document my experience, as I wanted to share how bad it was with as many consumers as possible to save you from the same experience. I have spent over $400K on 5 7-series cars over the last 15+ years, as an...

12:42 pm

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - 15 pt winter inspection for $29.95

I heard a radio announcement by BMW for a 15 point fall inspection for only $29.95. I booked a appointment for this offer at a recently opened BMW dealership in the Montreal West-island district called BMW West-Island. It replaced another dealership in the area that closed previously called BMW Jalbert.
Upon arriving for my scheduled appointment noticed the former service manager from the now defunct Jalbert dealership where for years I had my car serviced. I had a situation with him when he refused to take responsibility for a wheel that was coming off my car a couple of days after he switched my tires from summer to winter. He claimed that someone was trying to steal my tire and got interrupted in the act and that was how I was missing half the bolts and the remaining ones on the verge of coming off.
After the 15 point inspection I got a report of what need to be done. What was surprising was on the list like:
new wipers $88.00
rear balljoints $656.00
rear suspension arm $1145.00
That had already been replaced this year! I told that to my service contact and he called in the mechanic who when confronted just shrugged his shoulders.
Also they wanted to repair a leak on my transmission and provided a quote for $289.52 with parts that did not exist on my transmission. My car is standard and the parts were for a automatic transmission. My car did not have these type of parts.
When I was leaving the dealership I noticed when starting my car it would not engage the starter and the key had to be turned twice to engage. I phoned them on this and about the transmission estimate. They told me to return the car so they could verify what was going on both points.
When I called back a few days later to schedule a appointment, I mentioned I am not paying for this right? Iwas told yes at $132.00 an hour as they doubted their mechanic had anything to do this and it was just a coincidence. Just like my tire coming off I thought. I think the mechanic would have mentioned in his report about the starting problem.. I decided to complain, I called the general manager and left a detailed message and go no answer back. I did not bother with the service manager due to my experience with the loose tire and I figured my sales contact had already spoken to him on this.

11:28 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - bmw hamburgo motors huixquilucan, interlomas estafa total

Este comerciante son uno estafadores, te engañan con todo, un coche nuevo se había frenos viejos no duró 3 meses y la garantía no lo cubre, suspensión fue sustituido por un viejo, rompieron la radio y le preguntó por $40, 000 Pesos fijar, rompieron la luz y pidió $65, 000 Pesos para arreglar, esto es lo que es una estafa que se están haciendo a las personas en este lugar.

BMW Hamburgo Motors Huixquilucan
Av. Magnocentro Norte No. 54, Col. Interlomas, 52760
Huixquilucan de Degollado, Estado de México
01 55 5290 6200 ‎ · bmw.com.mx

A
11:14 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - managment interest

Today I went to take my BMW X6 for the 10, 000 km service. This is basically an oil change and an oil filter change... The engineer who received the car (Amr Kamal) was quite professional and promised the service would be completed in 90 minutes. He even called me in 60 minutes to say it is finished, I was quite impressed until I went to receive my car. The finance department was quite lost, they took almost the same amount of time just to print out my receipt. I visited with the manager (Salah El Saadany) to explain that the service took 60 min and printing the receipt took another 60 min... He didn't seem interested as he was visiting with friends...

I don't know whom he should be more interested in his buddies or the customer bringing in an X6 for service and in need for support...

Mercedes provides much more support than that...

Many thanks,
[email protected]

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - quality and service

The husband and I both have bmws. Mine is a 2010 and his is a 2011. After getting extremely crummy service at fairfax bmw in fairfax, va, we decided to try sterling bmw in sterling, va. Surely bmw doesn't hand out their center of excellence awards all willy-nilly-like, right? Well, apparently they did in 2010.

While there are many additional detailed points of their suckage, I will provide you the highlights:

-took the 2010 in to get new tires. After spending $2000 on 4 new kicks mounted and balanced and alignment for the old girl, they wanted to charge us over $100 to fill the tires with nitrogen. While I understand it's a business, don't nickel and dime me when I just dropped $2000.
-after finally getting my car back, we drove it home. Traffic was a little rough that evening, so we weren't going terribly fast. The next day however, we noticed a major wobble. The vibration was so bad, the side mirrors were shaking. I got to work and felt like I had driven a jackhammer instead of my "luxury" car. Took it back in on monday. They finally called on tuesday, claiming it was "two bad tires". Alrighty. Fine.
-when we went to pick up my car, they couldn't find it. Let me repeat that. When I went to go rescue my car, they had misplaced it. It took the entire service department, a few of the sales guys and over an hour to find it.
-immediately after picking it up, we magically had squeaky brakes that we had never had before. Sad thing is that i'd rather listen to the brakes than to bmw sterling's horrible excuses.

-during the same time, we had my husband's suv in for several items that bmw fairfax couldn't fix after repeated visits. These included brakes, slipping transmission, air conditioning and a rattle in the tailgate. They had the bear's car for over a week. They replaced the brakes and fixed the ac. They could not, however, "recreate" the slipping transmission and they said they could not hear the rattle, despite the fact that they let the technician drive our car home one night! (I'm still reeling at that one especially when they asked my husband if that would be okay and he said no). Of course, we heard the rattle in the tailgate as soon as we left the dealership. Call us crazy, I guess.

We changed from audi over to bmw because of service issues. We had a 5 series and a mini cooper prior to getting our current cars. When we got these cars in san francisco, we were in love... With the cars and the dealership/service. At this point, we are about a millisecond away from switching to mercedes. Apparently our paltry two-car household matters not to the auto giant. Between the incompetence, attitude and just overall cheapness, I can't see spending another cent with bmw. Dare I say "lemon"? I dare.

Ha... So we got a call from bmw usa. After playing phone tag for 3 weeks, the rep rushed us through our side of what has happened. She kept saying she was sorry we "felt that way" anytime we mentioned how disappointed we were about the crummy service or the shoddy quality. When she asked what we wanted, dh mentioned we would love to be able to just settle things amicably without having to consult a lemon-law lawyer. She said that if that was what we wanted to do, go ahead. This doesn't bode well for their customer service. Will update with results.

Update #2:
Was promised a resolution within 3-5 business days. We are on the 4th business day and just got a call from bmw usa... To tell us they don't have a resolution yet. Surprise, surprise. And no update on when we will know something. Not surprised one single bit, aside from the fact that they called at all. What do you want to bet that they will wait until we make our next payment in 6 days and then call to tell us they can't do anything?

Update #3:
My husband finally called and was told we would hear something early in the week during the week of 7/16. They are supposedly waiting to hear something from fairfax bmw. I'm not holding my breath.

Another update:

Was supposed to hear from customer service last week. Nada. Dh called on friday, 7/20 and asked for her extension. It rang and someone else answered. Dh requested our rep and was asked what it was in regard to. He told her we are trying to give back our lemon. She said she would look up our "case"... Looked up the information and surprise! She couldn't find anything. He asked then to get transferred to our rep's phone and he left a message requesting a call back that day. Again, nothing.

Got a call back from her today, 7/23. The phone didn't ring; we just got a voicemail. Called her back and haven't heard a peep since then.

We are giving her until tomorrow pm to get back with us and if we don't hear from her, we will be foregoing the niceties and proceeding directly past "go" to a lemon lawyer.

In the midst of all this, other things have stopped working on the x5. The rear camera works occassionally, but it chooses when and where. The auto-telescoping steering wheel has stopped working. The transmission is still jerky.

8:56 am

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke - customer service

I had a flat tire on my 2005 745 li yesterday on a very busy interstate in dallas. after jacking up car, removing the lug bolts I was unable to get wheel off car. I called bmw roadside assistance. I gave them the vin off of car, they new what I was driving and proceeded to tell me the only people that can change my flat tire was the dealership. unbelievable! they would not help me until I gave them my credit card info and charge me for wrecker service to pick up my car. after sitting another hour the wrecker company called me to say it was going to be another hour and a half before they would pick up my car. this puts me getting to a dealership after hours. so I called the dealership and talked to service dept. they informed me that the info I received from bmw roadside was totally incorrect and that I could change the tire myself. they instructed me on tire change that I completed. I sat on side of interstate for 2.5 hours because of the poor info I received from them. I called back to cancel seeing how the wrecker hadn't left yet and wanted my money back. now I have to wait 3-5 days to get a refund on the money bmw wrongfully took immediately.in my opinion I was almost scammed out of $120.00! if that would have been my wife or daughter they would have been scammed! how many people have been scammed by the incorrect info they are receiving from your roadside assistance company? I purchased the bmw because I believed the service would be above par compared to less expensive car companies, apparently I was wrong! I am very dissapointed in bmw customer service!

I knew I should have bought another mercedes.
Every time I took my mercedes in for anything, they made sure I had a loaner car to drive for free!
Every time I take in the bmw I have to rent a car? unbelievable!
At this point I do not see myself ever buying anymore of your products.

3 comments
Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

for a company that parades themselves as "one of the finest auto manufacturers", they made a well known piece of junk (745i) for their flagship car. if one does a search it comes up as one of the 10 worst of all time. what you might ask do they do for the customer who bought one? well they string you along until the warranty expires and the its so sad to bad. While still under warranty i had a call from their national sales manager and i stated i did not want to be known as the guy who spent the most money ever for a lemon car, he took offense and stated that "BMW had never and would never make a lemon" and asked me to continue to work with BMW and their dealer until the problems were solved, well i did that (when i should have just sued) and as mentioned above the moment the warranty expired, nobody knows your name. in years gone by the lowly Volkswagen beetle was referred to with a disparaging term. as a young man i had one, it did its job and ran consistently so i be leave the nickname was not justified, for the never ending money pit called the BMW 7 series, to me the nickname seems appropriate. Buyer BEWARE

Jul 08, 2012 7:11 pm

gatortracks, Stop telling good people that THEIR not smart enough! Think we've been over this before dude! We all know your only smart enough to change the hump on a camel. Really doubt you'll ever see let alone OWN a BMW let alone a volkswagon!
Why are you still posting on the US comments? Comment on and to your own camel jocky fourms, thanks.

jeff anderson, Im sorry this happen t you and hope things work out for you.

Jul 03, 2012 11:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Going back almost 30 years, a common concept from auto mechanics was that Hitler was still alive and making cars (BMW & Mercedes) in Germany to get even with the USA. Mechanics will never understand why people will pay a lot more money for a car that will break down more often and cost far more to repair than a cheaper car, but we won't object to the extra money we can make repairing your expensive clunkers.

A
8:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Could u perhaps assist me or point me in the right direction please ? I bought a "new Bmw X1 2.0D x drive", from Autobahn in Edenvale and took official delivery and registration in January 2011, but experienced problems from day one, the dealer have been helpful to try and resolve but head office is basically less helpful, up to this point in time...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a new 535i and gave back my old 323i from the BMW store in vancouver on burrard and the dealer agreed to use my insurance claim to do repairs on the old care which had damages, i already had it put into clamins so it was ready to go for repair. I took my new car and give them the keys to the old. I get notice from insurance says they paid out the...

BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke contacts