Bank of Americafees

L

Today I went to several Bank of America’s because I received a refund check from my medical supply company. I do not bank at Bank of America so I just wanted to receive the $50 check amount. First my GPS brought me to a Kroger Branch. Only to find out the Kroger Branches do not cash checks for non-acct holders ... really? I found another branch 5 miles away and went there only to find out that since I had a check issued by a bank and not a personal check, Bank of America would charge $6 fee to cash the check. WTH? That is outrages, what extra handling does this bank do for a check drawn on a company bank vs a personal check. The process is the same. This bank is ### the home of the bank fee bank. All businesses and their customers be warned, your customers may not be able to have your checks honored at the bank they are written on without incurring a fee. I get personal checks cashed their monthly as I receive a support check from my ex. Every time they go into the song and dance how I should open an account with them. Thank you, Bank of America for giving me more ammunition for your monthly sales pitch how I loathe your company. I will tell everyone I know not to bank with you and if I find people who do I will encourage them to switch away from Bank of America. I hope the exodus from Bank of America continues until they bankrupt themselves!

• Ll
    lluke Jan 26, 2012

Obviously Bank of America doesn’t value base business growth (google it). If they did their actions would be different. They would recognize that every opportunity that an existing customer provides to them to have a non-customer walk into their establishment, regardless if the means to get the non-customer there is a business account or a personal account, this interaction is a gift, and should be treated as such. This is their time to wow the non-customer and potentially have a shot a gaining a portion of their portfolio. However, Bank of America chooses to change the conversation from “what Bank of America can do for you” to “what Bank of America will charge you”. It is a shame that we have all become so accustomed to the lack of customer service that we easily justify it because it is the status quo.

• Ll
    lluke Jan 26, 2012

I didn't take it to the normal branch I go to because I travel because of job and I was trying to cash a check drawn on bank of America ..
    If they normally cash personal checks for no fee for non acct holders how can they justify charging a fee for a business account? What different type of handling does a business check require over a personal check that a $6 fee would justify. Again, I didn't take it to my bank because of travel. Unless you can provide a explain the extra expense on processing a business check vs a personal check with something beyond "because all banks do" then your comment offer no value.

andypilot Jun 17, 2011

The first was, do you want overdraft protection. It's free.. ok... I was use to using the card until the money was gone then switching to another card. This cost 178.00 (two over draft charges) (no one mentioned that) #2 change to a business account you will avoid monthly fees. After a few months fees returned. "have you used the card at least every month, no, then the fees apply" ALRIGHT ENOUGH WITH THE SNEEKEY FEES. CANCEL THE ACCOUNT. ( they can't charge fees if the account is canceled, right??) Two or three months after canceling the account I get a notice from the sewer and water Co. I have a $25 fee as well as an overdue bill, Pay within the next couple days or we turn off you water. Never mind that I was in and told them I would not be using electronic bill pay, I wanted the bill sent to my address. I don't know who I talked to so they will not take off the fee, (charged to them by BA of course) Bank of America can even charge a hidden fee after I closed the account. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Ed
    edmar May 11, 2011

I cancelled my Alaska Airlines bank of america over a year ago, but yet the bank keeps it open AND charges me an annual service fee. This is fraudalant and coercive. All my complaints have returned back to me stating that I agreed to this service charge, yet I have the documents showing that I cancelled the credit card over a year ago. What can I do against a company like Bank of America?

• Ji
    Jim 501 Mar 30, 2011

First time I have ever posted a complaint, but I have been pushed too far by BOA. I just opened a new business, employing 15 people. Doing my part to help the economy. 90% of my sales are credit or debit cards. BOA will hold my credit card deposits for 2-3 days, waiting for a bunch of checks to come thru. They then post the checks and the very next posting will be my credit card deposits. This enables BOA to charge me $35 on each item. Not only do they hit me with an NSF fee, but they return the checks causing me to pay the vendors a $25 return fee. So, I am spending $60 per check in fees to bank at BOA. I never write a check thst I know the previous days credit card sales can not cover. Again, BOA will hold my deposits for 2-3 days so they can nail me with fees. This has to be illegal and something needs to be done to stop them. I live in an area of less than 1000 people and I have found over a dozen of local businesses that are having the same experience I am. This should qualify as a class action suit. Banks like this pushed this country to the brink of a collapse, had to be bailed out by us, the tax payer, and how do they say thanks? They sit up at night finding new ways to screw the very same taxpayer. Somebody, PLEASE start an effort to start a class action suit and get congress to launch an investigation.

• Kh
    khloee13 Nov 23, 2010

you have no fees if you dont overdraw...if you overdraw you deserve fees. Nuff said.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 23, 2010

So not only are you a racist, you are also too stupid to realize that you shouldn't spend money that you don't have. I'm sure Bank of America will be happy to be rid of your ###ic self.

notojewishinstitutions Nov 23, 2010

Horrible just horrible banking customer service. I was charged hidden overdraft fees 3 times when I was told each time overdraft was canceled. Apparently this is how Bank of Fail works:

overdraft is on = $35 overdraft fee
    overdraft is off = $35 returned item fee

Not to mention the fat and disgusting "workers" and "manager" at each branch here. 95% of them are mexican and some otehr mixeds ###, looks like no white people left here.

I haven't seen such thing from a single bank in Europe. As soon as my negative charge clears I am canceling my account.

• Do
    DoubleFedUP Jul 22, 2010

During the last month, I had 3 large unfortunate things happen to me in which I had to transfer money from my savings to my checking to make several repairs on my home and car. Because I made more than 3 transfers/withdraws of money from my savings to my checking in a 30 day period, I was charged a $9 fee. When I complained, I was told the fee was disclosed in the extremely large packet of information that I received when I opened my account. I argued that when emergencies happen, and I need my money, I am not worried about looking through massive amounts of paper to see if there is a fee involved.

They did not care. They would not reverse the stupid $9 fee. I cannot believe that a company as large as BOA would stoop so low as to steal this money from hard working people.

I told them I was going to start researching other banks so that I could transfer my accounts out. BOA is a rip off. Do not bank with them. They are only out to take your money any way they can.

• Bi
    bigcockedbandit Feb 25, 2010

My fiance and I opened a joint checking acct online and received our debit cards w pins shortly after. I went to activate my atm debit card at an atm, and the atm ate my card and the receipt said to call your financial institution. After calling and being transfered about 6 times, I found myself with a rude non-professional bank of america risk employee by the name of "jay", this individual informed me that my acct has been closed, when asked about the reason this piece of ### told me that he did not need to give me a reason because i was no longer a b.o.a customer...I was completely mortified WHAT!!! B.o.a had approved my joint acct, sent me atm cards w pins and accepted my $75 deposit to open this acct to find out it has been closed by boa. I have a existing relationship with citibank and have been a customer for 5 years, the only reason i was looking for a different bank was to avoid the $10/month charges that my bank has implented. B.o.a has so convienently charged me a $40 "research fee" and said that they would send me a ck for $35...very unprofessional...rediculous fess..better off staying away from this bank

• Ve
    Verity Smith Oct 10, 2009

They do have every right to transfer from one account to another if you are on both accounts to clear a bonafide debt. Why blame someone else because you failed to teach your children fiscal responsibility? Keep teaching your kids to blame everyone else, just what we need more whining brats entering the workforce and society...think that is too mean? I just call it the way you are painting it.

• Mo
    mommyof2upset Sep 22, 2009

The bank is using a new system. Due to this, I've had a ridiculous amount of overdraft fees. It appears that the reps working in call center do not know how to use it either, bc I called yesterday to check on my account and to see if anything was pending, and they told me it had cleared. I deposit money into the account yesterday(which it is still a pending deposit) and this morning I come in with 6 overdrafts! That will be 6 seperate overdraft charges...$210.00!! This is how the bank is making their money! by ripping us off! We are barely getting back on our feet, and all this happens!! They are taking the little bit of money we do have to pay their non-experienced reps!

• Ha
    Hacker Sep 19, 2009

Amen! Get rid of Bank of America!

• Je
    Jennmcgov Sep 18, 2009

This just happen to me. Bank of America always clears the largest checks or debits first, so if you are close to being overdrawen they can charge you $35 for all the little debits that come in after. This just happen to me and I was charged for 11 NFS fees, which let me no money for gas of food for 10 days.(I am a single mother of 2) and then anoter $35 fee for being overdrawen for more then 5 days. This sucked these fees total a whole weeks pay for me, just because I made one mistake. Americans have to stand up to these bank charges!

• Li
    listendown Sep 18, 2009

I have always had to deal with fees from Bank of America, but this latest fee is absolutely ridiculous. I called into customer service about a problem with my account recently. While I was on hold The recording said that when your account has been overdrawn of course you receive an overdraft fee of $35.00 no matter what was overdrawn. BUT, HERE IS THE NEW CATCH. If your account stays overdrawn for at least 5 days You will receive additional fees of $35.00. So now if I was to Overdrawn for $0.01 then It would cost $35.01, but after 5 days it would cost $70.01. Now if somebody doesn't find a way to do something about this. I believe that this kind of disregard for people to have the right to live without these kind of problems WILL CAUSE a MELTDOWN of the SYSTEM. Eventually Nobody is gonna care about using a bank. I want to invest in personal safes. Because people will eventually purchase weapons and safes and only pay with cash and then watch those fat cats lose the ability to stand and watch them crumble. Why do people let the system push you around. Read up on how the Federal Reserve Bank started and the history of how our Free country went into debt to the Federal Reserve bank. But WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THAT. YOU, YES YOU, HAVE THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE NOT TO PAY THESE TYPES OF FEESWHO CARES IF IT RUINS YOUR IMAGINARY CREDIT NUMBER., which by the way was just raised so even if your credit was perfect 700, it is no longer. That's why the rates keep screwing you over. STAND UP to these people. YOU HAVE THE POWER. LEARN HOW THEIR SYSTEMS WORK. IGNORE THE ROBOCALLS. Bring the power bank to the people. #$!% the BANKS!!!
    GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. PASS THIS ON.

• T4
    t4me Sep 08, 2009

I had a very similar experience. I realized that in signing up for the annual membership, I had opted in for automatic renewel (not my intention) using a Bank of America card that was inactive. After the payment was due, I noticed the charge (thinking the first notice/bill was yet another "offer" to use their "free" checks). Upon contacting Ancestry.com, they were able to confirm that I had not logged in at all (probably a missing point in a lot of this negative posts about Ancestry) and they reversed the charges immediately. I have nothing but great things to say about the stellar service Ancestry provides!

Also, Bank of America (BoA) indicated they would reverse all charges IF there was a reversal of the charge. BoA refunded all fees! While I still find their 20 day billing window and numerous fees (for anything they can dream up) quite irritating, I was very pleased with their service and attention as well.

Margaret Freihaut Jun 27, 2009

I had a credit card account with Bank of Ammerica I had not used and had no activity on for 1 year. Another company that I do business with (Ancestry.com)charges a fee one time a year and charged this inactive account. I called Ancestry and had the fees reversed and was charged late fees and interest by Bank of America for the reversed amount. I now owe 48.31 which is all fees for this reversed amount. I tried to cancel this account last year but somehow they kept my account open. I called Bank Of America to resolve the late fees for this reversed amount and they would not credit my account for them.

• Bo
    BOA steals from the poor Jun 19, 2009

When my daughters were juniors in high school opened each one account with my name added on both accounts. They have kept the same accounts now for 6 years. One of my twins was charged fees for overdraft which then escalated into a total of 350.00 in fees. To add injury to insult, they transferred 150 out of my other twins account into the one that was overdrawn with that 150 still leaving a negative balance of $305 after they again added on overdraft fees. Quite a racket they have. Told them that I nor my daughter gave them permission to transfer from one twin to other twins account to which they replied since I was on both accounts they could do so without permission. Be careful this doesn't happen to you. Thereby, wasting $150 and leaving the other twin with only $25 in the bank which luckily we caught on to before she too would overdraw and start getting fees. Went straight down and closed accounts. DO NOT USE THIS BANK!!

• Rh
    Rhonda Jun 12, 2009

I've been with Bank of America for a long time. If they are going to change their policies I think they should notify the customer! It use to be that if a deposit was pending that it would be applied first before a charge. Not anymore! Thanks Bank of America from everyone you've screwed out of money!

• St
    stopthewrong Jun 08, 2009

They have changed their policies to "real time." The change apparently happened last year and I only now know the imlications. Now they can charge you for a pending fee. My account showed positive balances yet they charged me two fees. They told me I cannot trust the online banking function that is supposed to be in their "real time."
    They failed the government's stress test. I presume the 34 BILLION dollars that they must obtain in order to stay in business is leading to their changing policies.

• Ei
    eivila Apr 17, 2009

They are right, its not their fault you wrote checks anticipating funds would be in your account..
    I do remember payroll being held up at my job once, and the company offered to take care of any overdrafts that would have occurred (i dont write checks without money being in my account though, ever.)

thats who you should be asking to reimburse you, your company..

• Mi
    Michael Boerner Apr 16, 2009

Recently a few direct deposits were held up in pay-roll and I had a few bills on the way to the payment centers. After a 1-day lapse, I was charged (18) $ 35.00 fees for the issue. $ 630.00 total. I emailed and also spoke with Bank of America about reducing the fees and they promptly said there is nothing they could do, as the manager said the same. I mentioned I would cancel all five accounts and they responded there is nothing they could do and please go to the local branch to cancel. For a company so large and they should have some relief for issues their customers encounter. For now they have 2 less.