Bank Of America - Convenience Checksfunds never received!

D

I have a bank of America credit card with credit available. I am continuously receiving checks from them in the mail which can be used to pay any bill, or use for cash which are then "charged" to your credit card account. I decided to use one and I wrote one to myself for $500 and deposited it to my personal checking account. I had credit available on my credit card;,however, when my bank presented the check to B of A it was returned NSF. The bank then charged back my account for the $500 since the check was not paid. The real kicker is that B of A has charged my credit card as if they honored the check, I never received the funds, and we are in week 2 of "the investigation" I need a credit made to either my credit card, or a check from them for $500. I am getting the run around and need to take the next step, but I am not sure what that is.