Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Grouppayment for a rental withdrawn from my debit card for a rental I did not use

S Jan 15, 2020

On January 14th, Avis withdrew $267.99 from my debit card on file. That same day, I received an email from Avis, to my personal email address.
In the body of the email, Avis was writing to some person that i have never met, showing their name, address and contact info. It further went on to state, to this unknown person, that they were going to debit their account for $267.99 for a rental in Punta Gorda, FL Airport. They proceeded to show the last 4 digits of their CC, which is also the exact same 4 digits on MY debit card.
I called and received no satisfaction. I wrote an email and was told that I must send my banking information to them in order to clear this matter up.
Today i received a follow up email, shown below. Poorly written, horrible grammar and information that they would look into it and have the STOLEN money back in my account within 7 days.
Totally unacceptable, Very unprofessional and horrible customer service on the phone.

Dear Robert ********,

Thank you for reaching at Avis customer service regarding on a charge of
$267.99 usd, we apologize for the inconvenience to this matter, we
understand by being charge without being aware could be uncomfortable, we are more then glad to assist you.

We have process your copy of your statement to our specialty department
foe a further review to this matter, please allow up to 7 business days
for this matter to be resolved.

Again, we apologize for any misunderstanding. Thank you for giving us an
opportunity to clarify the matter for you.

Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us and we look
forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,