Avis Rent A Car — over charge
I reserved a Avis rental car through CarRentals.com. The reservation was for 2 days @ $25.99/day. When I arrived the pickup location, Avis representative over the counter offered me an upgrade from a compact to a median size car for a “couple of more bucks” (quoted his word). I assumed he meant $2 more than the $25.99 in the reservation. I agreed. I also explained to him that my credit card covered the insurance and I did not need extra insurance. He completed the paper work and handled to me said, “sign here, initiate here. I trusted his word and did not go through rental agreement line by line before signing. I was shocked to find out the rate actually went up from $25.99 a day to $42.99 a day. That is not a couple of bucks more! The insurance was also added without my consent. My credit card was charged by $160, 100 more than in my reservation.
More Avis Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Car Rental - outrageous debit on car scratch
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - avis frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses!
- Avis Budget Car Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/misrepresentation
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - shuttle pick up at laguardia airport nyc
- Avis Rent A Car - lost and found / complaints process
- Avis Car Rental - overcharging credit card
- Avis - rental car mechanical problem