AT&T Wireless Customer Serviceextremely poor customer service

I am complaining about the complete lack of regard for customers that At&t exhibits. Today, my cell phone (purchased at At&t), went completely crazy, would not text, or dial out. I contacted the customer service on my phone and after a battery of tests, the phone was determined to be a bust. The gentleman told me I would have to get another phone. He began to transfer me to an insurance representative, when I advised that I also have this for my job, and needed a phone today, not 2-3 days from now. The gentleman told me I could go to the at&t store and get a replacement phone with the same or comparable features now. I thanked him and went to my store in Elizabethtown, KY. I first spoke with a gentleman named Tim (who I later discovered was the store manager), and he told me that they could not and would not give me a replacement phone. He stated he would let me use their phone since mine was out of service to speak to the insurance department (how thoughtful). He then dialed a number and gave me the phone. Come to find out, it was a warranty department, not the insurance department like he said. After going through the same story with them, they then said I needed to speak to the Insurance replacement division. I said I thought I was, and the manager at the store says it is the same thing. The person on the phone transferred me to the insurance who then finished working on the issue, but stated it would be 24-48 hours before I would have a phone. When I expressed the same concern as I have voiced to the three other individuals, she stated that all she could do was mail the phone, but in most instances, at&t provides a loaner or a go phone at least until the replacement phone comes in. I thanked her for the information although expressing it is ridiculous that one pays insurance for a phone, and monthly service, but can't even have service even if part of their job. I got off the phone and approached Tim and a sales representative named Emily, expressing my need for a loaner phone again. Both stated they would not be able to give me a phone to use, but that I was welcome to buy another go phone as a back up. I asked so I need to buy two phones, the insurance deductible for one, and another phone. Tim stated yes. I expressed that my job requires a phone and there is life and death work in my field. He stated he understood, so I asked to please explain how he understood that the company he is representing has horrible customer service and doesn't care about the needs of it's customers. He said that was not the case. He advised that there was nothing they could or would do, so I thanked them for service that sucked and left. I am thoroughly not impressed with their customer service at all!!!

• Cm
    cm5376 Apr 15, 2010

Allow me to strongly encourage you to get out now!!! It will only get worse with AT&T. They are relentless and will figure out sooner or later how to cheat you out of your money; one way or another! When I was with AT&T I had to call each and every month to have charges removed from my bill for services that I did not have. I was absolutely fed up to my eyeballs with this company. I now have straight talk as my wireless carrier NO CONTRACT, unlimited talk, text, and web for $50.83 we pay $101.66 monthly. I have Vonage for my home phone carrier $34.68 monthly hassel free. I was paying AT&T $69.00 for my phone and an additional $9.99 for my wife's phone, $5.00 for 200 text for myself and $20.00 unlimited texting for my wife and roughly $100.00 for my home phone. I hate AT&T with a passion they believe in cheating their customers out of as much money as they possibly can.