Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

call to india - $7.00/minute

When I joined with AT&T, they told me the rates to call to India, which was less than $0.40/minute. We made some calls and when the bill came, the rate was $7.00/minute. The same day I called the customer service and complained. The guy who was answering the phone, assured me that the rate will be adjusted as he put the information in the computer, while I was talking with him.

The next month bill also came with the same amount, in addition to the late fees. Again I called the customer service to find out the reason. At that time she told me that I didn't call the customer service to activate the connection, before making the calls. I never knew that you have to call the phone company before you make calls. But, according to AT&T, we have to get their approval before we do anything, including making a phone call. The final call to AT&T made it clear that I have to pay that money, if I want to keep the phone line, which I ended up doing.

Here the big companies eat up the small ones to make their own rules under a monopoly and the government doesn't do anything to cover the consumers. There should be at least 3 companies to compete and they shouldn't be allowed to merge or do business together. That's the only way the American people are going to enjoy the freedom they have in this country.

at&t-will not honor agreement

I am writing to inform others of how bad AT&T has treated me as a customer. I will start at the beginning. I...

yellowpages & internet advertising

For those of you who have entered into any agreements with Bell South / AT & T for advertising or web site services, I feel your pain. Ever feel like you made a huge mistake? So do I. We entered into an agreement for yellow pages ads and website design. Not only did the yellow pages ads come out wrong, after we faxed the corrections, but also found out after we made the agreement that we needed to provide the pictures for our website! I am still in the process of trying to get some type of resolution with the situation but seem to just get stall tactics, delays and no response until I call again. They have not accepted any responsibility. It seems they have deceitful sales practices and are very misleading with their representation. Beware of any promises, as they will not be honored!!!!

• Fi
    fistilynn Sep 19, 2013

I see your a florist. I just received a call asking why we cancelled our advertising in 2012. You mean they do not have my 100 complaints, mailed and online, of being completely ripped off? So, ATT YP advertising rep, you are agreeing that $400 a month for YP advertising for a family owned florist in a town of 800 people is " a little much" ?! You know he ripped me off! you said you're "glad he didn't work there anymore, but would love my business again"? I was very calm and nice and I think she knew to never call here again. The "support" I got for $400 a month was an add on YP.com and a call every 4 months saying maybe if I added more advertising I would see better results. She was right, I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to this company having no morals.

at&t service sucks! billing me for cancellation when I am within my 30 days to switch.

Just got a bill from at&t where they are billing me for cancellation of service. I got line from at&t on...

billing rip-off

We made a payment to Cingular just as or before they changed over to At&t. They said it did not go through...

automatic renewal of contract

At&T renewed my advertising after I told their sales rep that I no longer wanted their service. They told me...

rude customer service in store!

I went into the AT&T Wireless store to have a simple question answered. I was "greeted" by one of the customer service people standing behind a desk, a middle aged man whose name was "Amir" (though I cannot recall his last name.) His greeting was unfriendly; he sounded as if he was bored with his job and had better things to do. During the transaction, I mentioned my decision to leave AT&T next month in favor of Sprint. This is a decision I'd made after nearly a year of researching other companies, getting feedback from others, and generally growing displeasure (since the "name change") with the lowered quality of nationwide coverage I am able to obtain while traveling the interstates (I am a truck driver, I travel throughout the lower 48).

Amir asked me why I was cancelling AT&T. I expressed a few of my reasons. While I was speaking, Amir did not look me in the eyes. In fact, he was literally staring out the window, over my shoulder. He continued to do this while I briefly explained my dissatisfaction with my service. When I finished... he actually turned his head, LOOKED MY HUSBAND IN THE EYE... AND BEGAN EXPLAINING *TO HIM* WHY I WAS "WRONG" FOR LEAVING AT&T. My husband just stood there looking dumbfounded, as he had not engaged in the conversation prior to this.

Yet Amir refused to speak directly to me, preferring instead to speak to my husband as if my husband were making my decisions for me. He offered no advice, no help... none of the typical "salesman stuff" I'm used to hearing. I was expecting something along the lines of "I'm sorry you're dissatisfied, let me see if there's anything I can offer you to get you to change your mind and keep your service?" None of that. Just arguments... Sprint was bad, Sprint had no coverage, Sprint laid off employees, I would certainly end up unhappy with Sprint, my *phone* was the cause of all of my problems, if I'd just renew my contract for another 2 years and buy a new phone it'd all be better (I'd heard that line before).

Mind you, I've had my wireless broadband (air card) through Sprint for 8 months now, and it offers me high-speed in the most unbelievably rural places. Meanwhile, a friend of mine (another trucker) uses AT&T's air card and can't send emails in metro St. Louis. I have no fewer than 3 fellow truck driver friends who use Sprint and on occasions where we have traveled together, I dropped more calls and had less service than they do. This is not a decision I took lightly after 3 years as a (happy!) Cingular customer. I found that in my experience, the name isn't all that changed when Cingular turned to AT&T, and I chose to leave.

I've honestly never been so disrespected by a sales associate in my life. To be blatantly ignored, talked over, and treated as if I were an impudent child, left me reeling with anger. After that experience, I don't care if every other cell phone provider in the country goes out of business leaving only AT&T... I will resort to smoke signals and Pony Express as a means of communication before I ever go back.

I spoke to the manager and will be writing a letter to AT&T directly; a customer service rep at the call center gave me the address. I just figured I'd spread the word.

unfair treatment!

I started advertising with Bellsouth Yellowpages a few years ago. Last year they were absorbed by AT&T. In...

unauthorized charges!

To anyone who has a choice of telephone company, please... DO NOT use AT&T. All that a person needs is your...

big mistake

To whom it may concern, I changed to att home phone service a few months ago (Big mistake) I also subscribed...

new att phone arbitrarily switched my account and charged me 5x the amount

I've been using ATT bundled local and long distance for over two years at a fixed monthly rate. I work from home so I use the phone A LOT. Well ATT got bought and became the NEW ATT.

Long story short they killed my bundle charged me 10 cents minute for long distance AND sent me a local bill too boot. So my usual $85/month turned into a $200 long distance bill plus an $80 local bill.

Even though I did not ask to change anything and everything done to me was arbitrary they are sticking to their guns and saying I must pay. I've spent 3 hours total on the phone now.

Even though they admit I had no choice and my plan was arbitrarily switch their policy is that the charges remain in place. They will not credit me.

So goodbye NEW AT&T

• Dr
    DRK Apr 01, 2009

I attempted to make my life easier by switching from Comcast to ATT. Since I did that my phone service or I should say lack of it and any help has been amazing. I am really angry and at my wits end. My non-service started on Feb 16, 2009 and has not worked for more than 5-6 days without regular interruption. The service men have come to the house, but nothing got fixed without 3/4 service calls each time. All during that time period I had no phone sevice.It is now 4/1/09 and once more I have no phone service. I have been told by the "customer service" agents that it must be my equiptment (which never went down with Comcast) and that I should purchase a warrenty from them to take care of any problems.
    Last night 3/31/09 I called and asked to talk to a supervisor. I was told that he was on the phone with another customer and he would call me withen the hour. Four hours later I called back and complained that I had no call back. Finally the "manager" and I talked and he told me the same thing as the customer service agents. Someone would be out to my home in 5 days-sorry, and there would be a charge if they had to come inside, and that I should purchase the warrenty. In other words I got nowhere with someone that was not in authority.
    I have felt since there is no phone service for another 5 days that I should not have to pay my phone bill because of all the non-serivce I have received. All I want is a phone that works!!

• Ly
    lynn roberts Jul 15, 2009

I was told I was given a $100 cash reward for ordering my phone service and dsl equipment. When I get on the websight to retrieve my reward it skips the "3 simple steps" in order to receive the cash.

at&t is the worst company!

My mother is a senior citizen and does not live with me. I do, however, pay her phone bills and have them...

wont let me out of a contract

I had Cingular for a couple of years and now tht it's AT&T I don't coverage in my area with the exception of in my home and at my job. Neither place do I need a cell phone. I know for a fact (AT&T) actually told me them selves that they don't have the same contracts that Cingular did for the towers. and I don't have service where I did before. So I am furious, they want 175.00 per line and I have 2 of the 3 under a contract to cancel service. They said that being that I get the reception in my home I have no reason to cancel. I have called them everyday for several days and still gotten the same answer. SO I'm off to the local newspaper and radio station to really start raising some hell and I'm actally thinking of picketing in front of the store as well. How can they get a way with charging for a service they don't provide?

repair and irresponcibility

I have been fighting with the AT&T people for two months to get my phone and internet service fixed. No dial tone, static on the line and no one will help me but to give lip service and broken promises that the problem will be fixxed. Three times they said they turned over a work order to Verizon for service but Verizon has no record of it . Each time I call, I`m told the problem has been resolved. Every person I talk to will not take responsibility and endeavors to pass me off to someone else. Even when I ask to talk to a supervisor I am passed off to two other operators who say the last person must have hit the wrong button. When I do get to talk to a supervisor, I ask to get an address for their complaint dept and he gives me a bogus address and a bogus fax number as well. I tried to fax a complaint and a girl in north N.J. called me back saying that I called her cell phone and she has nothing to do with ATT.
The supervisor`s name was Victor, he refused to give his last name . The battle continues. I know ATT will never read this cause most of their operators can`t speak fluent english , much less read it. 12/11/07

• Ra
    ra marshall Dec 11, 2007

I am in week two without phone service (home) and living through the identical problem listed above. I consider myself reasonably intellegent and resourceful, but this issue has me as frustrated as I've ever been. I too have spoken with Victor twice and to several service support people in India- only to be told "they are overwhelmed" and "the problem is beeing reviewed". We've used over 4 hours of cell phone minutes- 21/2 hours with at&t customer service. This problem has me worried for the first time in my adult life. I would like to communicate with others experiencing similar problems.

Gail Bryant Dec 19, 2007

I requested a copy of my January-June 2006 statements back on August 28th, 2007; and to this day I have yet to receive the reprints. I have called by different unit managers telling me that the order for the reprints were put in and that I'd have them 3-10 business days. Well, like I said, to this day I have not received them. I've been a customer with AT & T since 1997, and I don't think that a loyal customer should be treated this way. I would like to know if there is anyway I could get my reprints before the year is out (which would be next week)?

• Am
    Amit Khurana Nov 10, 2008

had bought a Go phone last month and had activated the same on 13th October 2008, I got the phone + gophone card of 50$ value with 10$ bonus for the activations in that period. Eventually i got a nice deal with 60$ time.

After I recharged the phone, I started noticing the problems while speaking on the refurbished Nokia 2610. It was a bad instrument as I was not able to hear the other person clearly on this phone ; and since here you usually buy the phone + connection together, by the time i realised the phone was bad i consumed 1.5$. To cover up for the business I spoke to T-mobile and ordered a new connection, as poor connection causes me a loss in my business.

I was pretty sure that this money was to be returned by AT&T (barring the 1.5$ which i had consumed so far); I called up customer care and they spoke so redely to me and said that the talktime cannot be returned.

Reason why i had to go through the pain of ordering a new connection is due to the phone which was promoted by AT&T and evenually I could not use my talktime with this phone. Please suggest as I am searching for the appropriate consumer forum to help me here.
    All I paid was 40$ plus 3 $ taxes and I want this 43$ back., because of this bad instrument or whatever reason (may be the TA&T) connection at Arizona; I have still not been able to use the talktime which is valid till 11th January 2009.

I am raising this concern with other consumer forums as well,
    All i want is my basic money to be returned.

My AT&T no is : 480-399-5642
    Order Number: 5257093798

Thanks
    Amit Khurana

garzon4 Feb 25, 2011

I am having similar problems transferring my phone and internet svc as well I am on week 3 and ust told that they do see a problem but if they send a technician it will be $55 for first 15 minutes...i wil be calling their complaint# tomorrow 877-377-0415...wish me luck

garzon4 Feb 25, 2011

At&t needs training on customer service

at&t mail in rebate

Well i upgraded my internet service to AT&T High speed internet in May and with it i got a new router for...

poor customer service

My name is Mary Nicki Dancy. On or around 10-27-2007, I received a two-month statement from AT&T. I called a number and had a conversation with John Scales because I knew I had paid my phone bill. John told me it appears as if when I made the September payment it never went through because of an error I made with one number. At this time I told Mr. Scales If I made a mistake why wasn't I notified so I could take care of the problem. He then said I was mailed a notice but I replied I never received it although I never had a problem getting the phone bill at my address. At this time he also told me the October payment was never paid and I told him it was paid and he asked me to fax him a printout of my bank statement and I did on 10-30-07. I faxed it to [protected]. Mr. Scales said he investigated this. I also questioned him about my service being interrupted while he was investigating and he put me on hold while he talked to someone in the payment center. He said 'Don't worry, your service will not be interrupted.' I trusted him at that point. He also told me if I fax it on Monday, someone will get it to him on Wednesday, and he assured me he would be getting back to me. Well he never did and my Internet service was disconnected on 11-6-07. I called trying to get someone but the office was closed, so I talked to Ray in Tech support DSL and he said he would make a ticket #[protected] on this and have someone to contact me the following day. The next morning at 7:30 am I called AT&T again trying to find out what I needed to do to get the Internet active again. I was on my cell phone more than 45 minutes being transferred from one person to another. Some people just refused to speak to me because they said this account was in James Dobbs name, and I know it's in my name. I have had this account since September 2006 when I purchased my home. Although when I call certain friends, James Dobbs shows up on their caller I.D. Finally I did talk to someone and they said I needed to pay $130.00 to get the Internet active so I did. They assured me once I made the payment my service would be restored. That never happened. It cleared my bank 11-9-07 and the conformation # was 071917. I think this was paid 11-7-07. On Friday 11-9-07 I called again spoke to Williams and Liza. They assured me that $130.00 was never paid. I gave them the conformation number and they said they could not find it. William's funky attitude was pure ugly. He told me at first I had to pay $157.00 to get my service active and I told him 'Hell no, and explain why it's so much.' There was a charge of $24.00 for a return check fee in September when there was an error made, and they charged me for that. I told him again I was not going to pay that $24.00. Then William said I needed to pay $103.94 since the $130.00 did not show up. So I made another payment. Since October 23, 2007 I have paid $360.00 for what? I talked to Ms. Jackson in electronic payments and she had a funky attitude as well. She treated me as If I was her child; she said, 'If you don't lower your voice I will disconnect you because I don't have to put up with this.' I told her I wanted to speak to her supervisor, and she said they weren't there. All I wanted was to be connected to the correct person, so Ms. Jackson hung up on me. I was very hurt. I called back and spoke to Ms. Davis and she was very nice and understanding and she said she knew Ms. Jackson in electronic payment and that she will report her and she was sorry for what happened. Ms. Davis said it seemed like the $130.00 went to James Dobbs account. So I needed to call someone else, I did and at this time it was 6:50. On Friday, 11-16-07 I spoke to Kevin in Customer Service. He was nice at first but he kept putting me on hold but at 7:10 he pulled the plug on me as well. In the last week I have spoken more than 25 people and put on hold too much. I also have my cell phone records to show how often I called and how long I was on hold, I spoke to Becky Roberts, Rave Cruz, Ray, Tamika, Michael, Don, Janelle, William, Liza, Dwayne, Eric, Ms. Jackson, Kevin, Miesha, Ms. Davis, Kimberly Roberts, and many more. Including John Scales. Seventeen different people just to name a few. This has been very stressful for me and no one could help solve this problem. On 11-17-07, I called again spoke to Kimberley Roberts in Customer Service. She also told me she could not give out information on this account because it does not belong to me. I have been calling now since September 2006 trying to get the caller I.D. problem repaired but every time repair called, they would leave a message saying it has been repaired, but it has not. I told Kimberly on 11-17-07, I want my $130.00 refunded to my account and she told me she could not refund it. She told me to call my bank to see what they could do. I should not have to go through this. Now on 11-17-07 I received a disconnect notice. I will not give AT&T another dime. You owe me and this will be forwarded to my attorney A.S.A.P.

Date Amount Paid Conformation #

Pin # 9749

Mary Nicki Dancy

• Tt
    TT Feb 20, 2008

I signed up for long distance service. The phone was not turned on for several days. I called multiple times to get my service, I had different responses from different reps, finally they did computer test and determined that there was a problem on their side and that they will send some one to fix it. I waited that day, but no body showed up. Fortunately my phone worked some how. After three weeks they sent me $85 fee for some one to come and fix the service without my knower. I called the customer service to inquire why I was charged this much, the customer rep did not even gave me a chance to finish my statement, She just shouted that she will not wave the incurred charge. I done with ATT(Bell south)

attempted to change contract!

Signed up for Dish Network through AT&T over the phone after their website kept giving errors. Wife and I were looking for specific channels and was offered a package deal. The Dish deal was suppose to be $37.99 a month after a $10 discount wed receive each month for a total of 18 months with free DVR, 200 channels, free installation, $25 target gift card, and $50 credit on next bill.

Now the fun starts. The tech that came to install the dish puts the dish on the roof where he was told not to as the roof was foam and that the only place that would support it correctly was the wall. Tech put it on the roof anyways angering my landlord. When the tech gave me the papers to sign I looked at them carefully and noticed it was a new contract showing 180 channels not 200, different rates, so I drew a line through each page, said I didn't approve and the tech gave me copies and left.

More fun starts now when the DVR shuts off through half the shows, and channels we were suppose to get we didn't. I call up dish network and am informed that Id have to pay an additional $5.00 for the baby channel and also $10 more for the top 250 to get the channels we were suppose to get when we signed up the first time. When the rep told me that the price will be $59.99 I informed them that $37.99 + 15 doesn't come to $59.99. The rep now tells me that the price is $59.99 and that I am only getting $10 off for only 10 months and that I'm under contract for 18 months. When I told them the $10 discount is for the entire 18 months, I was told that their rates can change without notice, and that what AT&T offered was over ridden when I signed the new contract given to me by the installer. I informed them I in fact did now sign it, and when I was told my verbal acceptance when ordering can be used, I said 'Sure, then you will have to give me the services I paid for and the discounts as that recording is the contract as you stated and binding' By the way, I was transfered to the executive office who said I had to hash this out and if I canceled Id be charged for early termination of contract. I then told them to look at account history in which he then informed me he cant talk to me and that Id have to talk to AT&T's legal dept come Monday.

What brought that about, and now I know DISH&AT&T are very connected is that back in New York back in 1989, I had taken AT&T who was under another name at the time to court and won not once but twice for an incorrect bill and misleading contract. The executive saw the note and that ended that conversation.

So to sum this all up, don't trust Dish Network or AT&T as what they offer over the phone they try taking back by tricking the customer into signing a new contract upon installation.

• Je
    Jeanne Martin Apr 12, 2008

The same thing happened to me my package included Phone Internet dish & cell for $99.00 (200 )channels + Free HBO when the dish arrived they had me signed up for 100 channels they charged an extra charge for HBO and Ciniamax with rebates for all instillation and 2 gift cards. None of this was true. My 1st
    Bill was over $200.00 when I called to inquire why I was told well we signed you up for >>> Not what I ordered and guess what now you monthly bill will be $158.00 Not $99.00 Line charges $5.00 extra packages $20.00 extra box that was not free @ all $5.00 typical bate and switch. Their needs to be a class action suit against this kind of business tactic with the FCC involved.

Norma Ellen Dowling Jul 17, 2008

Well I certainly wish I had seen your site a few weeks ago. I signed up for Dish network through AT&T on the phone because of a flyer I was sent in the mail that sounded like a good deal. Many hours of phone calls later, not to mention emails, I have still not managed to get AT&T to bill me properly for the promotion I ordered. In fact AT&T can't remember their own flyer. Or that particular promotion. Which by the way was good sent in May 2008, and was for Dish network added to your bundle, sign up for a period of 2 years, at the rate of $29.00 for 1 TV with a free DVR, or upgrade to two TVs for 34.99 a month, no hidden fees, so said the sales person. I was to get money back in 3 installments, and it was for the America's favorite !00 Channels. I'm exhausted and angry. Bell South was a company with some integrity. Don't even ask me what I think about AT&T. Life has enough problems in it. I don't need this one. Oh by the way there is a $200.00 dollar fee if you cancel the Dish network before the 2 years are up. I can not believe I signed up to save money, and am getting less programming than I had before and paying the same amount of money. This is beyond absurd, it is evil.

• Ba
    Barbara Holly Sep 03, 2008

So where do you go from here? I've been battling them for over a year for an installation that never took place, after four missed half day appointments and over 20 hours on the phone and now I find they've damaged my credit for charging me for installation services I never got. How do you get resolution?

• Mb
    mbrady601 Mar 16, 2009

Similar things happened to us. We signed up for Dish through AT&T. Dish was supposed to be free for a year, but we were billed for it anyway. My husband called and was told that the rep didn't sign him up for the right package to get dish free, so he was SOL. I called and the rep I spoke to cleared everything up, so I thought. Long story short, we are still getting billed for it, I keep getting shuffled around from one office to another and our dish got shut off for nonpayment. And dishnetwork won't deal with us directly unless we get things straightened out with AT&T. I filed an FCC complaint yesterday, but I doubt anything will come of it.

• Lm
    LMoyar Apr 07, 2009

This is really getting ridiculous! I bought Dish Network services through AT&T and I didn't know they were entering me into an 18month contract. 5 months later AT&T solicits me to "upgrade" to their U-Verse cable service. How can they sell me a different service 5 months after they sold me an 18 month contract?? I figured any contract would just be voided by them selling me an upgrade. Then the installers told me to throw out the dish equipment, they couldn't use it. Now Dish Network is charging me $800 for the equipment that AT&T told me to throw away! Also, a contract cancellation fee!!! I didn't even know Dish was a separate company from AT&T. I figured AT&T owned Dish. I'm going to have to go to court. Wish there was a class action suit!!!

• Ti
    timothy planicka Apr 26, 2010

wow!!! i too have been swindelled my at&t/dish network. i had simular service argreements as did you all. i also paid an extra 50.00 at signing to opt out of any early cancellation fees but dish network has but me in collections for 200.00 cancellation fee. i have written to the ftc and fcc but looks like class action suit is the only way out i guess. im not an attorney and it seems like we have zero rights and at&t /dish have all the rights and goverment in there hip pocket.

• Je
    Jerrad Nov 11, 2010

ATT has now stopped selling dish netowrk service, though our contract was just up. I have been on the phone for 20 days trying to ship this equipment back, they lie every time saying that it will be here in 5-10 days, still nothing. They lied about the price, ATT said 105.00 a month for phone, internet, and dish, it was never under 160 and even went as high as 180.00 a month. We finished out our contract and they owe us a 60.00 refund for a partial month. Ive been told by a few their waiting till after a 30 period to return the equipment and they they will keep our refund and bill us for not returning the equipment. Every phone call to them they lie and I have recorded every phone call to them. DO NOT TRUST ATT OR THE DISH NETWORK!!! Now a friend of mine has fallen to those offers of 29.00 a month and is going through the same thing. She is now paying 79.00 for 120 channels. RIP OFF. I have chosen to pursue this in a federal court.

• De
    Deborah G. Feb 12, 2014

I contacted Dish Network a few months ago, I spoke with a very nice, informative gentleman. He said in order to receive the discounted pricing he would have to run my credit to see if I qualified; I did. He then told me he had to transfer me to a "bundle expert" that would go over everything with me. Upon transfer the lady stated different pricing and different companies they would be partnering with to provide me service. They said AT&T would provide the land line and I objected because I have had service with AT&T for 7 1/2 yrs. I explained to her what the guy had told me, she said "he doesn't know what he is talking about, I am the bundle expert". My fiancé and I decided that because of her unprofessional rudeness, we would decline making any changes at that time and I told her this. A few days later, I received a call from an AT&T tech who was trying to hook up phone service. I told him I already had phone service, he was no to make any changes to my service or ph #. After speaking with him for several minutes, he said that AT&T must have gotten the order mixed up with another. It was not until yesterday when I received a call from Diversified Collections that AT&T had turned me over to collection on an account not only was NOT mine but for a ph # that was not even active. After 2 hrs on the phone with their fraud dept, they emailed me a letter stating that my bill had been credited $114.43 and they apologized for the inconvenience. I spoke with Diversified this morning and the amount AT&T turned over to collection isn't even the correct amount that was credited on this account.. Diversified said if AT&T does not adjust the correct amount that this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies. How is it that ST&T can fraudulently open new service under my name and social # without my knowledge OR permission and then attempt to ruin my credit which is in very good standing at a 787 fico score? I didn't acquire this rating by being negligent. I have been advised to contact CPUC and the Federal Trade Commission office. What they have done is illegal/unlawful.

• De
    Deborah G. Feb 12, 2014

After several hrs of frustrating time spent being passed from one dept to another AT&T fraud dept emailed me a letter stating that the account opened under my info was adjusted and closed, the amount of the adjustment did not match the amount they turned over to collections against me. Keep in mind this is an account opened without my knowledge or consent. They now are telling me that the amount of the adjustment is $114.43 and I will have to deal with Diversified on the remaining $12.33. They committed a crime against me and in my opinion, this is considered fraud. If it were an individual committing such an act, we would be punished in the courts and would have to pay a fine, serve jail time or both. This is no different than someone stealing another persons identity; the only difference is we are dealing with AT&T who apparently is exonerated from being held accountable for committing identity theft or other criminal acts against individuals/consumers.

scam and cheating!

AT&T Wireless prints the web site on their card so that you can check your balance. Guess what - go to that...

cellphone of deceased

My 19 year old son was killed in a car accident Feb. 20, 2007. His girlfriend of five weeks stumbled opon the accident and ID his body. He left his wallet in her car earlier that day when they broke up and she left him on side of the road. All my son had on him was a belt, watch, and his cellphone. The police was useing his phone to try to ID him. After she ID him she asked for his phone and they gave it to her. The next day I had it disconnected. The representive told me I was the only one that could have it reconnected if I got possesion of the phone. Two weeks later the girlfriend had it reconnected in her name with a transfer of my sons service with Cingular. Which included his outgoing voice mail message and all of his personal and private information. I called Cingular and they told me there was nothing they could do because everyting is in her name now. My sons last bill also had a 36.00 reconnection fee charged to his account after his death.

giving me the runaround!

I put in an order for dish network with att, it required that I have a visa or mastercard to process the installation fee. I went out and bought a debit visa and put in $64.00, well now they say my order has been canceled and when I call to confirm either they don't pick up or they don't return my phone calls. That order was suppose to be on today, but yet nothing.

Terrible service!

• Wa
    watch-it Aug 24, 2014

How is it a person can change from basic service to a data plan, purchase a smart phone for 600.00 ( unrelated to the plan), pay 40.00 to activate, and then be charged an extra monthly fee simply because the expensive phone you bought and paid for is capable of utilizing the services you bought and paid for? What if you purchased a Kenmore refrigerator with an ice-maker, paid someone to hook it up, purchased the water it needed to operate, and sears wanted to charge you an additional monthly fee for the ice? Or say Buckle charges you a fee every time your teenager daughter uses the zipper on the 120.00 designer jeans she insisted on having? Your less fortunate friends/family don"t get a discount from the satellite or cable companies for only being able to afford 19-inch television. Think about it.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices