AT&Tunauthorized charges!

A

To anyone who has a choice of telephone company, please... DO NOT use AT&T. All that a person needs is your social security number to get a telephone through you. A family member took my social security and got a phone and did not pay the bill. I was 13 at the time and had no clue. I figured, getting a telephone would be harder than getting a cell phone. NO, they don't need proof of who you are. Ask AT&T. They just need "your" social security number. If that isn't fair I don't know what is. They will not delete the charge off my credit report. I will pay it, but I will NEVER have another AT&T ANYTHING... Cell phone... anything. I work for a business, and for our bundled DSL and telephone... they are charging $22.95 extra for the service. Hopefully I can talk them out of AT&T and get charter or something... ANYTHING. Dial up, I don't care. Anything but AT&T.

Much hate to AT&T,
Beth.

• Da
    daphne hampton Mar 28, 2014

my card was token and used un athrized

• Se
    sean sobczk Dec 02, 2013

at&t worst service possible never using again whole famile changing to Verizon.charging for services that I didn't have .phone shut off for 3 months and still charged.supervisor unhelpful.will never use again.
    sean sobczak

mardris Nov 11, 2007

This morning, Sunday, November 11, 2007 I had a terrible time paying my bill through AT&T’s automatic bill paying phone system.

It took over an hour and 10 different attempts! For instance, The Voice said when I was almost through after I had said "yes" a number of times that it couldn't understand my last "yes" and hung up.
    Worst of all, after telling me several times that the payment process was completed, The Voice said it was unable to process my payment and again hung up! I found out from the bank- to the contrary- two payments had gone through. I intended to only make one and want the second one removed immediately.
    If I were able to switch to another company (my high rise building precludes doing so) l would immediately! I'm posting this complaint since I know from previous experience I will have a terrible time resolving this i.e. like 2 years with an automatic online payment system mistake. I now will only deal with live people.

• Sy
    sylvia tucker Sep 09, 2007

I purchased an iphone from ebay. Recently ATT sent me a bill for $645 for this same phone. I called ATT and they said the american express card used to buy the phone was unauthorized. I told them that I do not have an american express card. They said well, the phone that was purchased with this card is connected to your phone number now.