Having problems with Applebee's?

8140 Ward Parkway
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

deception/dishonesty/poor customer service

I went to Applebees in Tallahassee for Veterans Day 11/11/11. I sat at the bar since there was a waiting list...

unbelievable!

I recently went to Applebees on 1/20/10 for a nice dinner with my step father. As we sat down the waitress came over to greet us and take our order for drinks. So far so good. It took a while for her to get our drinks which were water and cranberry juice. I love Applebees and i get the same thing each time i come so i expected this day to be the same as the rest. I would eat some great food, get great customer service, then eventually go home. When the waitress finally brought our drinks she only had water which my step dad ordered. She informed me that she would have to get my cranberry juice from the bar which was fine. I always order no ice in all of my drinks because they get watered down too quickly so i expected the cranberry juice to be a little warm like normal. As she set the drink down on the table I noticed it was half full. I politely said "Excuse me, why didnt they fill up my glass?" Then she says " Thats how much you get because they measured it. The ice is suppose to fill up the glass." Ok wait a minute! As she is talking im getting more and more upset. In disbelief I said " I have never heard that in my life. I have worked at numerous restaurants and come here all the time and get the same thing with a full glass of juice. You only measure alcholic drinks or food portions, not juice." She then replies " Well thats how it is. If they fill it up you will be charged for two cups of cranberry juice. If you want to speak to the Manager maybe he will fill up the glass. I dont know." By this time I am ready to walk out because this sounds totally ridiculous. I am a picky person but also a fair one so this was unacceptable. Im sure who ever is reading this will agree. As the manager comes out he tries to pull the same story about measuring non-alcoholic drinks. So I guess if i would have ordered sprite, coke, or orange juice I would be paying full price for half a glass or double for a full glass. I informed the manager that if they are low on cranberry juice then they need to budget better as a restaurant to accommodate the needs of your customers. My step dad eventually told me to give up and the manager walked away just saying sorry. The waitress took the cranberry juice back and brought me water. So now my whole mood is horrible because of the situation. We ended up staying anyway because it was kind of late and most of the other restaurants were closing. We all know what usually happens after the customer has a complaint about something, the waitress becomes disgruntled and stand-offish for the rest of the night. Which thats how my waitress was. When we left I tipped the waitress 40% because I know it was not her fault and the economy is taking a toll on all of us. Will I go back to that Applebees again? Probably not. Would I recommend or choose that server again. No i wouldn't. As a consumer I feel this story needs to be heard because I know this should not have happened to me. My intention was not to get a discount or get something for free, I just wanted good old fashion quality service. So if you attend the Applebees on Pleasant Hill in Duluth, GA prepare to pay double for cranberry juice or drink something else.

bad food

My husband received his food; omg, his corn was hard to distinguish from the black pepper grounds. His steak was the size of a regular tootsie roll and as black. We asked our waiter "Spike", about this corn, he told us my husband got the last of the corn, they had no more. The people across from out table had plates of regular, yellow corn. When we asked for the manager, she said she would not eat the food we were served, but she appeared amused. When I called the main manager, "Stan", the next day, he was incredibly amused.

the place is dirty!!!

I always go to the Applebee in Bayside with my family. After diner there yesterday i would never go back again. The place is dirty. We found ants on our utensil so we requested a new sets of utensil. After receiving the new sets.On one of our fork, there were a piece of spinach left over from the previous customer. It was just gross! When i get my drinks, it taste like oil and look oily. I had to requested a new one. My pregnant sister found hair in her drink. At that point, i just want to walk out but we already order our food. We did not want to created a drama. After requesting new drinks and utensil, the guy get the hint that we are not pleasure with the restaurant. He get the manager to come to our table to talk to us. He was a really nice guy, we did not want to give him a hard time. We just told him that the place is DIRTY. After i get home, i get a bad stomach ache, that when i get annoyed, i did not to paid and get sick. I am writing this because i want the corporation to do a annual check up on their restaurant. I do not want to be put in that kind of situation again. It is for your own benefit because in the long run, you will lost a lot of customers.

horrible mangement and food

I visited a Applebees over 3weeks ago, I arrived 30mins before closing and my food was horrible and cold. I...

hair in food and disrespectful service from waitress and manager

I ate at the Apple Bees located in Vineland, New Jersey 08360 and had the worst experience ever! Not only were the waitresses entirely disrespectful and unfriendly, I also found a long red strand of hair in my pasta which obviously wasn't mine because I am Asian and have black hair. But to elaborate, the waitress kept arguing with me about how it hair is just hair and I should deal with it without any apology from the business, customer service perspective whatsoever. Likewise, the next week, my friend celebrated her birthday at another Apple Bees located in Deptford, New Jersey and the waitress insulted my entire table when we asked about whether or not the ad displaying free mozzarella sticks if our waitress doesn't recommend or ask if we would like to order the frozen lemonade aids or the lemonodo. The waitress started to call all of us kids and said it wasn't her fault that she didn't ask if we wanted to order the lemonade drinks because we didn't look of age when all six of us are well over the age of 21. Then she tried to lie to us again in an extremely rude manner about how the free mozzarella sticks signs shouldn't have been on the tables even though ever table in the entire restaurant had the signs on every table. Then to top it off, she tried saying that we, ourselves had to go to the bar to order the drinks when the sign directly said, "If YOUR WAITRESS doesn't offer or recommend ordering the lemonade beverages, we, the customer, are entitled to a free order of mozzarella sticks." All in all, I've had the worst experience ever at the two Apple Bees in my area and I am upset that I was treated so disrespectfully both times when all I wanted was to entire my dinners and have a good evening out. I was completely displeased and wished Apple Bees would treat their customers with a lot m0re kindness and respect.

• Wh
    :( Why applebees? Oct 10, 2010

I was recently at this applebees.And i am a big fan of this restaurant ever since i got to this country.i have always been.And when i took my friend out for a drink THE BARTENDER (workin on 10/09/[email protected]) rejected my ID which was given to me by the FEDERAL government of this country for migrants coming to work temporarily, and this was the same ID i used to purchase drinks at the SAME PLACe two weeks ago.But thats fine for rejecting it, i would understand that she was doing her job.But i was frustrated and i mention that this whole situation is stupid(where i had no intentions of making any insults to her or the restaurant).but As i said that and turned my back she actually shouted that she aint stupid and shes not serving us and ask us to get out.And after that i said to her i didnt not mean it on her, even after saying that she told us to get out and shes not serving us.She wasn't even the manager to say such a thing to a customer.Is this service and the attitude a restaurant such as this would want its employees have.IS THIS ANYWAYS OF TALKING TO HER CUSTOMER BEHIND HIS BACK AND SO LOUD IN FRONT OF THE OTHER CUSTOMER .So disgusted on her actions and very disappointed about applebees.I really hope the manager sees this and make the correcting action!!!

• Jk
    JKDE Jul 22, 2011

The six of you didn't look of age to drink alcohol.

You had a tantrum because you didn't get a free order of mozzarella sticks.

You obviously acted like kids and the waitress treated you like kids.

• Wa
    wanderinghebrew Jul 22, 2011

Apple bees? Applebee's is one ###ing word. I don't want to be the internet grammar police but holy ###, at least spell the name of the company you're complaining about correct.

• Su
    susan Schroeder Feb 02, 2012

We have gone there and it is usually hot and the music is loud. We have said something to the manager. The food at times is so so. Do not call me on the phone.

• Su
    susan Schroeder Feb 02, 2012

Please do not give anyone my name or email address. I think I gave you the phone number, but do not give it to anyone besides you.

• JuliePooh51265 Feb 02, 2012

this is not Applebees website. This is a publis website for anyone to use. If you put your email or phone number in a complaint, it can be seen by millions.

• Bs
    BS Monitor Feb 03, 2012

Really???
    I can not understand the mentality of people like you. You believe everything is about you. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the restaurant! Unless you're a kid and it's your mom's kitchen... if you don't like the food, don't eat there! Your comments " it is usually hot and the music is loud" and "The food at times is so so" suggest you go there often enough. You obviously like something there or you wouldn't continue to eat there. I bet you tried to use this BS post to get something for free. I hope they've since banned you from that store instead of kissing your A$$ like you probably wanted!

the workers were very rude and not very nice and our food was wrong!

It was my friends 21st birthday so we wanted to go there to celebrate. Myself had just two drinks and she had three, we were talking tot he the guy behind the bar just joking around and we asked him how many drinks before you all start to cut off he said three drinks, like I said I only had two! Well we than ordered bbq chicken wings and we got served the wrong wings the wings we got were hot!!! And I do not do hot so I ordered a water, and I was talking with my friend and I spilled my drink, I cleaned it but, and I never got another water after that so my boyfriend had a long island ice tea I had a sip of it and anohter lady christina was her name she came over there yelling at us saying we got cut off but noone had told us we were cut off and she embrassed in front of the whole applebees and she was the one who gave us the wrong food and she knew it because she had told us after a few minutes and she did not replace what we had order. Also she took his drink that he ordered and he just got it. She was just very very rude and I work with customers every day and she was not a very good person at it. She kicked us out and said we had to leave, and if I were too do that with my customers I would have been fired right there on the spot. Also we do come there often but we will not be coming there anymore, because when we do we get crappy service our food is messed up and or cold. After last night I was just really upset about how things happened and our food again was messed up. So I will share this with my friends and I can promise that we will never be returning to the washington mo applebees and I can promise that they will never again go there as well. Maybe you should fire some people because this is always happening and if its a problem every single time they just are not good enough for your business!!!

• Jk
    JKDE Jul 18, 2011

Sounds like after two drinks, you got out of hand, spilled your water, started drinking another persons long island ice tea and got flagged.

Safer for them to stop you right there, then to get sued by you later blaming them for letting you drink to much then get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone.

Applebee's hot wings are considered mild by people who have eaten them.

horrible service

I had a party of four, college age, go to Applebees. We all ordered wings. It was 45 minutes before we got...

overcharging

I had dinner at Applebees in Merritt Island last night. Checked my bank statement and there were 2 withdraws from my debit account for the meal purchased. I called and spoke with the manager (Justin). He informed me that it may have been my bank mistake because their records only show one meal charged. Also...the tip of $8.00 was not on the charged purchase. Justin explained that the tip would be charged at a later date. I was instructed to wait a week and recheck my bank statement. Unacceptable resolution and explanation for service charged and I am concerned that they will continue to charge my account at later dates. My resolution will be canceling my Debit card until this discrepancy is resolved.

• VetoForBRs Jul 07, 2011

And in the case that it was an error on the employees part, assuming she charged you twice, she would have voided one of the transactions. It will still show up on your online banking site as a pending charge, but that should be gone within 3-5 business days. Also, if the manager did a transaction recall, it would have printed out an itemized list of charges and would have listed your meal purchase one there twice. Unacceptable resolution? I'm not really sure what you expected him to do about it. Try paying with cash next time.

overcharged

Was given a bill for a amount and paid with credit card and gave a cash tip and when got home and checked credit card statement was charged a extra 5.07 and was told the computer just does that and would be refunded the next day...Really who does that??? I think not a very dishonest practice to say the least...:( Why during these hard times would you even do that to people who actually spend hard earned money at your restaurant? I work for a Fortune 500 company and I have never ever seen such a practice. A great way to lose customers when you cheat them !

• Ki
    kitteymew Sep 20, 2018

I went to Applebee's 4 days ago and the same thing happened, obviously Applebee's pattern of cheating customers is still going on. I ordered food on 9-16-18, and my bill was $32.86 and I added a tip of $3.00 which should have been $35.86. when I checked my credit card the next day, they took $39.43, a difference of $3.57. I called the restaurant the next day, and was told the manager was not in but I would get a call back 2 days later. 2 days later, no call back. I just checked my credit card again, and now all of a sudden the charges are what they should be. Called the restaurant again and was told all of their records matched what I should have been charged. They could not explain how the original deduction was different, and of course "the manager is not in but will call you back tomorrow". There is obviously something wrong with this company, especially if the same deception "computer errors" is still going on 9 years later. This is a scam by the company banking on maybe 7 or 8 out of 10 people won't notice???? A nice chunk of change in their pockets for sure. I'm curious as to if only the people that question the extra charge get the charges corrected ?? If it was a "real" computer glitch this would have been fixed long ago. I just started checking into all of the posts, and found one from 9 years ago - how long have they been pulling this scam????????????

$75.00 gift card blank

I tried to use my $75.00 gift card the week of feb 20, 2011 and they said it had never been activated. I talked to the manager Greg and he was very rude to me. What ever happened to the customer is always right. Greg said I had no proof that the card was bought at his store. I went to his restaurant to relax and enjoy my time and he treats me like a crook. After trying to discuss the problem with Greg I finely in a low voice told him this is bull ###. Greg then told me no one is going to curse him and he told me to leave. When I got back to my office I called Greg and apologized for my saying bull ### but i am very diappointed in his behavior toward me a customer. I called Greg today 3-2-2011 and he is willing to send me a $40.00 gift card for the fraudulant card they were paid $75.00 for. disgusted in mt vernon, Il

• Wa
    Waltson Jul 25, 2011

They have roaches and ants and the manager wanted to give me a gift card like that was suppose to fix the problem .September 6, 2010 me going to Applebees on RIchmond rd in Lexington, Kentucky was worst experience ever.I suggest for people not to eat there .They can never suspect me back to support applebees for only care of my money and nothing return on having a great experience .I will not forget the manager dave ...

Joe11 Sep 22, 2011

I went to Applebees in my town and the experience was lame. Bad service, bad food and bad manager when we tried to complain.

If you are going to claim that you are a neighborhood restaurant you have to staff it with people who want to be nice.

I want to speak to someone at Applebees corporate about this. Please contact me.

• Ru
    Ruin Applebees Nov 09, 2011

You are right. Don't let Applebees get away with this treatment. Write to the Consumer Complaint Agency. Applebees does not care about your complaint, nor does the manager. The CCA does.

discrimination

My sister and I went into Applebees for drinks we didnt sit at the bar maybe that was our mistake. we waited about 15 min while different servers passed us ( to and fro) to getback and forth to the kitchen after we selected a number of 15 songs on the jukebox we finally stopped someone and asked to be served, we explained that we were just getting drinks and possibly dessert. After a few more min a waitress came to take our drink order. We had 2 Long Island Iced teas and a shot a piece ( kamikaze and lemon drop ) During this time we spotted another party in the building they came over to our table and joined us at the beside the jukebox they had been there a little longer than us, they proceeded to stop the server they had a who walked through there frequently. They ordered my sister and I an additional Long Island Iced tea and 1 additional kamikaze shot. We were enjoying ourselves and no waiters came of over to check on us or anything when we receieved our drinks we had to stop and ask servers for them. Other people from the bar came over talking to us and then the manager came over and told us okay the hold table has had enough and that we had to go i asked her why and she gave me some crazy story about we didnt eat and the cut off is 3 drinks and im thinkin people come in at the bar just to get drinks and they dont cut them off and then she tried to say we had too much alchohol coming to the table which when we paid our reciept showed $11 dollars how is that an enormous amount of alcohol and we only spent $11 dollars we observed that we were the only black people in the facility at the time and really felt like they just didnt want to serve us anymore. It was outrageous, we live in a small town and there arent many places to go as it is and this manager is sayin she doesnt wanna accept my hard earned money, we work like everyone else and we just wanna go somewhere and have good drinks at a good pric. we were totally outraged because we were just there the weekend before and we spent $40 a peice on drinks and we didnt get cut off no one came over and said anything about women not holding their liquor or anything. It was racial discrimination and it was disgusting, we are hardworking americans just like everybody else and to be cut off after spending $11 and it wasnt even 11:30

sex discrimination against a customer

Recently, I went to an Applebee's restaurant and while I was ordering my drink, the waiter who wa...

bad service

My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner at Applebee's Medallion Center location over a month ago. When entering a large group was seated before us but the 3 waitresses nearby literally turned their backs and ignored us. Never have I entered a place of business without a greeting or told someone will be right with you. Many minutes later we were finally seated and had a great waiter.

During our meal a manager came by and asked how was everything. I told her about the discourteous staff we initially met. She said that would take care of it. But I don't believe anything was done, as she didn't ever return. The next morning I wrote a long letter to their store and filed an online complaint.

A week later I heard back from Jillian and talked for over 20 minutes about our lack of service. She was very nice and said the situation was addressed and that she would be sending us a gift certificate for a couple free meals as compensation.

Three weeks later we get an Award later for $10. Talk about a fast and effective solution. Hell, I tipped the waiter more then that! What a great way to build a reputation and get repeat business. That is 3 times now that we have been snubbed and insulted for a simple mistake that was uncalled for. The follow up was much worst and only exasperated the situation. Why say you are sorry if you really don't care about a good paying customer?

• Valerie Jun 09, 2008

I had a terrible Applebee's dinner recently in Melbourne FL. the fajitas were burned. The appetizer was served with the main course. We didn't see the waitress again until she was ready to hand us a check for the food. I pointed out the burned meat/onions/peppers, and complained the portions were small. She did nothing about it and naturally I left her the same for a tip. $27 down the drain. I wrote the manager a letter in great detail how the waitress and the food was not at all what is advertised on TV. To date I have not received a response, now going on 3 weeks.

Matthew Brown Jul 03, 2008

Always refuse to pay for an unsatisfactory experience. They didn't give you what they advertised, so you aren't required to give them what you would have owed them.

• Ke
    Kenneth baril Nov 11, 2008

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to your company for the wonderful idea of extending to our Military Veterans a free meal. I am a seventy-seven year old Korean War Veteran and I was shocked this evening 11/11/08, when our server explained this offer to us. This was at your store No. 206. I fought in a very difficult war and when I came home I was a cast-off. This war has been referred to as the "forgotten war, " and I was totally ashamed by the treatment I received from the people I fought to defend. I, for one, certainly want to thank you for not forgetting the men who fought to defend your right to run your business in a free and democratic country. Your manager and servers at this store certainly are to be commended for their fantastic service and hospitality. Let me close with these remarks:
    To those who died, honor and eternal rest: To those still missing, remembrance and hope: To those who returned, gratitude and peace. God Bless you.
    Ken Baril

• TrashyTrucker Jan 19, 2011

I think you need to get over yourself, employees are human to, and may have been told to get that large group settled in ASAP, or maybe you stunk? Either way, your not that special...

• Us
    U-stupid-complainers Jun 22, 2011

youre 1 of those people who goes into restaurants n finds something to complain about to get a free meal. u disgust everyone n no1 likes u

doors locked, had to call 1/2 hr. after they were suppose to open and they had no idea the doors were still locked

We arrived at Applebee's for Lunch at 11:00 am. We watched people come and go. The door's were...

food, service & price

On 24 Dec 2010, My Wife & I visited Applebees Bar & Grill in Goldsoboro, NC 27530 for afternoon meal...

bar management

Again I went for lunch and drinks. This location was out of Jack Daniels. How does a bar operate like this?...

dead bug

I would just like to say that I have loved Applebees since I could remember... But tonight I went with a girlfriend of mine from work for dinner after work. We started out having a great night, our waitress was a lil nutty but she was fun. We both ordered Sirloin Steaks & Brocolli with baked potatoes. We got our food in a timely matter it wasn't until she about took a bite of her brocolli that she finds... A DEAD BUG!!! She instantly looked at me like she saw a ghost! We got a manager over to our table, who proceeds to tell us " Usually we find them in the SALADS!!! Lettuce is Lettuce" But not brocolli... I looked at her like she was ###ed. First of all WHO in the HELL says something like that? Why make your company look even worse than the impression I just received!! So she made my friends food free, great! But what about me? I had only taken 4 bites of my steak... and I got charged $13 ...$13 for 4 FREAKING BITES OF STEAK!!! Are you kidding me?! I will not be going back & Yea I'm one person they have plenty of other customers... But i will post this everywhere & I will let everyone i know, know.

bad management

At first all seemed well, until the waitress came back after ordering and asked me to get something different because they were out of sliders. That was ok with me, I understand you can run out of things. We then waited at least 45 minutes before the food started to come out two orders at a time, but 5 and 10 minutes apart on top of fries being cold orders being mixed up and a bad attitude from the waitress as we began to express the problems that was arriving. At this time, as we finally recieve our food, getting refills or bottomless soup refills or any other needs was nearly impossible, and I finally went to the bar and got a refill on my drink which at least triggered another waitress to ask the rest of the table for service needed. Thank God for her!!! By now we have been in the uncrowded restaurant for nearly 2 hours and guess what? Our checks arrive and now we ( being 2 parties of four get charged for an extra Uss ( unlimited soup and salad) on both of our bills. The bill read as 2 USS and the waitress says the buttons are touchy . 1 or 2 showed on the bill and our first thought is if it was a mistake how do you show 2 instead of 1 on both bills? We felt as if we were being ripped off on purpose. Then on top of that we were charged 15% gratuity on top of our total price and we had un-tippable service! That is not normal for me as I tip 15 to 20 percent on most occasions, services rendered well. This is the worst part and my reason for never requesting Applebees Huber Heights to anyone I know in the area. When we asked for a manager and shared our disgust for the 2 hours of terrible service, he made us seem like we were the bad company and never tried to accomadate us for any of the trouble we had just been through. This was a slap in the face to me and the ruddest I have been treated, as he walked away with an attitude towards us ( remember the customer)!!! I wasnt looking for a hand out, just an honest explanation and apology for the aweful service. I only hope no one else has to go through this for a Sunday afternoon luncheon. Sincerely, Craig Crace ( [protected]@aol.com).

Chocaholic Jul 04, 2010

Thank you for posting this complaint. It was really helpful to me because I was considering going to Applebee's for brunch.

• Bu
    butterflies79 Oct 05, 2012

This place is horrible. To start off I didn't get any chicken in penne, hair in my spinach artichoke, dirty plates, onion on the plate with my brownie bites. To top it off the bill came and I was charged for an extra beverage because the waitress didn't know how to put in refill for inventory purposes as she stated. Come on now. I felt like I was being punked on a tv show it was an unbelievable experience. She had an attitude and the manager seemed like he didn't care either way. I live in Huber and used to love eating here now I'm disgusted with them!!!

the ribs had no meat and were dried out

I stoped and picked up oriental chicken salad for my wife and a full rack if ribs with sweet and spicy. The salad was great but the ribs had no meat and were dried out. I felt it was not worth the $30 I spent. I did this 6-18-10 at the Lohman store. I should have known they were old and dried out because they were out early and were probably left overs.

• Mo
    moirakelson Jun 25, 2010

I worked at Applebees and the ribs were constantly an issue. I hated when people ordered them beause I knew chances were good they would send them back. Other then that, Applebee's has pretty good food.

BTW: I think this the 3rd time you have posted this complaint, at this site alone. I have also read this same complaint at other sites. If you are trying to get corporate's attention, why not just contact them?

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Jun 25, 2010

moirakelson

Sometime it takes times for letters to appear, and sometimes people accidently send the letter off three times. But I agree with you they could cal corporate themselves.