American Home Shield [AHS] Logo

American Home Shield [AHS]

Having problems with American Home Shield [AHS]?

American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 682 1043 (Customer Service)
+1 800 735 4663 (For Real Estate Professionals)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee
General Inquiries
P.O. Box 849, Carroll, IA 51401-9901

Payment Address (Invoice)
P.O. Box 851, Memphis, TN 38101-0851

Payment Address
P.O. Box 2803, Memphis, TN 38101-2803

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service. Initial American Home Shield [AHS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Home Shield [AHS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Home Shield [AHS]. Discuss the issues you have had with American Home Shield [AHS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Home Shield [AHS] Complaints & Reviews

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]plumbing

I have called 48 hours ago about a stoppage in my pipes inhibiting the use
of two toilets, tubs and sinks.
On Sunday AHS sent a company out that did not dislodge the blockage and
also broke the toilet bowl with the snake machine.
I have been on the phone for two days trying to get another company to come.
My calls go to the phillapines and the phone reps can not understand English
or speak english.
We are 4 adults in the house and two grandchildren ages 2 and 4. My daughter in
law delivered a baby tonight and the children are with us.
At 3:30 Monday, I was able to finally reach a rep in the states who tried to help me
but could not get anyone here to fix the problem. They offered me a hotel room but
that is not feasible with two little kids etc. I do not understand why you could not
go out of your vendor pool of plumbers and get a 24 hr svc to come instead of paying
for a hotel room.
Ive been with AHS for over 10 years. This is a disgrace and inhumane to leave a
family without plumbing for over 48 hours, not to mention the hours I lost today from work trying to call non stop to get someone to help.
I expect a call asap [protected]

Jul 19, 2019

American Home Shield — non responsive to two leaking water heaters in attic

1st call resulted in an air condition contractor contacting my wife over the plumbing issues reported versu...

Jul 17, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — home warranty

This company American Home Shield is garbage. I pay them to fix stuff in my house that breaks. Its been a...

American Home Shieldbroken air conditioner

On July 3rd our air conditioner broke, we called that day to american home shield to schedule a service date. On July 8th the technician came out and determined that since the unit was so old, it needed to be replaced. It is July 17th and we still have not received one call from either American Home Shield or the Service Company regarding an update!!! I have called every day for 5 days, and have gotten no where! It has been over 90 degrees for the past 2 weeks and I have 3 kids, 3 dogs, and my mother in law with me. We have paid for this insurance for years to help us in circumstances like this and have never received such horrible service!! My claim number is [protected]. I want my air conditioner replaced asap before someone ends up in the hospital!!!

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]refund from cancelled home appliance policy

Plan #[protected]
      292 Vista Royale Circle West
      Palm Desert, CA 92211

We sold the subject home on January 4, 2019. I contacted AHS shortly thereafter, advised the property was sold and requested a refund. I was told it would be processed and I could expect the refund in two weeks.

I waited a month. No refund. I called again and was told it would be processed. Again I waited and no refund. I called back late February and was told my request had to be referred to the Finance Department and someone would contact me. Nothing!

In early April I called again and was told someone from Billing or Finance would contact me in 48 hours. Nothing.

I then mailed a letter which was sent to Executive Relations in Carroll IA and a lady by the name of Amy Hilleshiem contacted me via email. She said she contacted the accounting department and was advised that a check would be mailed to me at my Canadian address. That was a couple of months ago. I've been trying to contact Amy via email for the past two weeks and no replies have been forthcoming.

I do not understand why it is so difficult to mail a check to me in Canada and why a company the size of AHS cannot deal with a simple policy premium refund. Can you please send me my refund. I am showing the email chain to date with Amy below.

Peter Morrison
      [protected] Avenue NW
      Edmonton, Alberta
      Canada T5K 0K5
      H: [protected]
      C: [protected]
      E: [protected]@telus.net

Here is the email chain:

Hi Amy. Where are we at with the refund?

Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 1:07 PM
      To: 'Hilleshiem, Amy'

Hi Amy. Any update?

Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 6:23 AM
      To: [protected]@telus.net
      Subject: File CA 292 Vista Royale Cir W Morrison, Peter C# [protected]

I am unsure why. Let me reach out to Accounting.

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 9:16 AM
      Subject: RE: File CA 292 Vista Royale Cir W Morrison, Peter C# [protected]

Hello Amy. We are back home and no check was waiting for us. I just don't understand why it is so difficult for AHS to send me our refund.

Perhaps you could have the check couriered via UPS or Purolator, etc. Can your finance department credit my credit card or deposit it directly to my bank account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:59 PM
      To: 'Hilleshiem, Amy'
      Subject: RE: File CA 292 Vista Royale Cir W Morrison, Peter C# [protected]

Hello Amy. I still have not received the check. We are leaving for Europe tomorrow and won't be back until June 20. I will update you then.

Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 10:33 AM
      To: [protected]@telus.net

Mr. Morrison,

The return check was received and mailed back out today to your Canadian address. Please let me know when you receive it.

Thank you for your patience.

Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:08 PM

Thank you Amy. Our address in Canada is:

[protected] Avenue NW
      Edmonton, Alberta
      Canada T5K 0K5

Regular mail from the USA can take up to 10 days to reach Canada so we should have received it by now. However, we are currently on the west coast of Canada on a short business trip and will be home by the end of next week. If the address the replacement check was mailed to is what is shown above, let's wait until I get home next week and I can see if it has arrived - I will let you know. If the address the check was sent to is different than shown above, please cancel that check and send it to the above address. Please let me know if the address accounting used was that shown above.

Thanks Amy,

Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 3:38 PM
      To: Peter Morrison

Dear Mr. Morrison-

I received an email from accounting today making me aware they voided & reissued this check. The new check#[protected] was mailed out on 4/11/19 and this check has NOT been cashed. Can you please verify the address that you wanted the check to goto?

From: Peter Morrison
      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 5:32 PM
      Subject: Re: File CA 292 Vista Royale Cir W Morrison, Peter C# [protected]

Thank you very much Amy. I appreciate hearing from you.

Phone or email is fine although we are currently in the west coast of Canada on business and I may not be answering my cell phone depending upon the circumstances. I will try to watch for your call. My cell # is [protected].

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2019, at 1:24 PM, Hilleshiem, Amy wrote:
      Dear Mr. Morrison,

Thank you for being our valued warranty customer. I have been assigned to your service escalation/issue regarding your refund. Currently, I am investigating the escalation/issue and will be in touch with you.

Amy Hilleshiem / Executive Relations
      Phone: [protected] option 3 ext: [protected] or
      Email: amy.[protected]@ahs.com
      Office hours: 9:30am-6:00pm CST Monday-Friday

Do you prefer to communicate by email or phone call?

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]poor customer service

Ahs refuses to refund my $100 service call fee after the tech they sent from contracted company stouts heating and cooling did not do the job i reached out to ahs about my a/c unit on 6/30/19 they sent out stouts heating and cooling on 7/2 the tech devin hooked up 2 valves to my unit proceeded to tell me that the a/c unit is low on freon and it needs to be replaced he did not check anything else on the unit(check for leaks, etc.) after notifying ahs about the techs failure to accurally look and diagnosis the unit properly ythey wanted to keep telling me that stouts has 72hrs to submitt a full detailed diagnosis report i was telling them that tech will not have that information to provide because he didnt do anything to get a full detail diagnosis asked to speak with a supervisor told they will call me back they never did finally after getting passed 2 other reps from ahs finally got someone to return my call for that supervisor / rep to have gotten false information from stouts on the diagnosis she proceeded to tell me she will contact them and suspend the approval of the parts she had approved because the tech from stout did not check to make sure my parts matched what the rep from ahs had approved.On july 3 got a text from ahs that hrs heating and cooling will contact me to set appt.July 4th i noticed that ahs debit my acct 100 fee i called told them to refund me the money back because i have yet to have services rendered. On july 9 i had contacted ahs again to find out why hrs has not contacted me and if my refund had been processed (keep in mind it is triple digit temps in indianapolis in) well they had the wrong # for me and told the refund has been processed and this was all a lie.Ahs gave hrs the correct information and they have to contact me about my unit. July 16 contacted ahs again to find out why my refund from 7/5 is not in my acct and how do i get reimbursed for moneys paid out of pocket for getting my a/c unit fixed without the help of ahs warranty company. I was told that i will not receive my $100 back because the tech from stouts heating and cooling set foot on my property. No one at ahs cares that i have 5yr old with no cool air in the home for him and they havent made sure as a customer my concerns and issue will be resolved. As a warranty company they didnt make sure the service was met at all very dissappointed very unprofessional they are scam

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]air conditioning

Please!! I deplore you to respond to me. We have been trying to resolve an air conditioning issue for three weeks now. No one responds to our emails and calls. I was told by the last customer service person that they are not allowed to respond to us and that I must go to richetta adams. We have sent numerous emails to her and she still won't help. After three weeks, three contractors we are still back to square one - waiting for ahs to approve the repair. What they have approved is for the two unqualified repair technicians to add 5 pounds and then 10 pounds of freon at our expense because "per our policy, ahs doensn't cover freon". Why would we pay over $1500 in two weeks to replace freon that keeps leaking at such an alarming rate! Isn't that dangerous?? The one qualified technician provided a repair plan but since that would cost ahs, they won't approve. Please!! We need someone with authority at ahs to respond and help.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]billing and customer service

This is the worst company I have EVER DEALT WITH. My contract was renewed on June 20th, on June 18th I called to reduce the monthly payment due to the rise of the new contract. I had to take my appliances off in order to get a half decent amount. The company over billed my checking account three times which caused my bank to charge overdraft fees three times and now my checking account is in the negative balance. Every time I call I get HUNG UP ON I have called daily after being told I would get reimbursed I spoke to a supposedly Manager Mohammed Macardi who said to email him my proof of bank statement which I did he has not taken care of the refund lady claimed 7/9/19 she was from the Escalation Department and she would contact him and call me back with an answer she did not call I called again 7/10/19 they have no documentation of me talking to her and hung up on me AGAIN!!! I am going to take legal action.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]home warranty / customer service

I have been trying to get items in my home repaired since 5/6/19. Each time I make an appointment you guys either send someone out who doesn't know what they're doing, can't fix it, or they just don't bother to show up at all. Then I call your customer service to let them know about the issues and they're rude, unknowledgeable, and then hang up. Here I am, a paying customer just being treated like a piece of [censored] by AHS...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]I am complaining about the poor service I am currently receiving.

On the 3rd of July my air conditioning unit when out I called and paid for the deductible, your company selected and send it to a company name totally air conditioning. They sent an repair guy out to fixed the problem he put a new part of the return air system and the unit still don't work, I have my wife to call your people again for assistance with this matter. They told her to call totally air conditioning company again they told my wife they want have anyone to come out until Friday the 12th of July of this week. This is unacceptable we paid on time each and every month too include the deductible, I expect better service for my funds. It's seems like a pattern with your company on selecting good quality contractor to do the work. I am not waiting until Friday to get my air fixed it's hot here in Florida and we should receive better service from the companies that works for home shield warranty. If I have to get another company and paid they for what I pay for in the warranty I do plan to take legal action against the responsible party.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]unresolved repair on ac unit and poor customer service

#[protected] - 415 Beauregard Avenue
                  I am highly disappointed with the service from AHS. I have 2 contracts with the company for my primary and rental property. I have a pending service request for an AC repair at my rental property with no resolution to date. Service request sent the beginning of June 2019 with contractor visits - first company did not touch a thing and did not attempt to repair unit; second opinion provided on 6/20/19 and gave diagnostic for outdoor unit part required to fix it. No word from AHS on status and I have attempted several times to call local contractor and no return messages. Speaking to customer service representative now 7/5/19 and no explanation on when authorization will be approved. I need the pending authorization approved and repair completed next week. The tenant has 2 children and a parent living in the home and need AC.

Asked to speak to supervisor and he says there isn't a supervisor to speak to. Agent has disconnected the call. The customer service team is horrible and never resolve the issue; seems to just take notes and may call contracting company but does no follow up. Conversation is very scripted. I was also told my initial service fee of $100 would be refunded and I have not seen it returned to my account.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]A/C repair denied

A/C repair denied and no one in customer service will let me speak with anyone in the "authorization" department to contest the reason for denial. I was told the denial was due to "damage not related to normal wear and tear". That is 100% inaccurate, there has not been any intentional damage. The unit is old and the repairs are due to normal wear and tear for an old A/C handler.

I have tried for 4 days to speak with a supervisor, and yesterday was put on a "intentional hold" for 45 minutes hoping I would hang up. The representative did not speak fluent English and I asked 4 - 6 times to slow down and speak without mumbling or slurring of the words. The representative refused to transfer me to someone who spoke more fluent English as well.

I am simply requesting for repairs which I was quoted would be $465.00. The A/C unit has not worked for 2 weeks and 2 days. My contact email is [protected]@aol.com for further discussion and I will provide a direct phone once emailed.

Lastly, when I called today 7/2, the representative would not transfer me to a complaints department or manager and hung up on me. This type of service is not acceptable.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]extra charges for water heater install

acc # [protected] Richard Campbell 4402 Vivien way, Rocklin ca [protected] I was charged $1080.00 for necessary parts for a water heater install. You contract say # covered: all components and parts" "all" is a very inclusive term and would include connecting lines etc. Why was I charged $1080.00? Such things as gas lines, water supply lines, etc should be covered. I was able to receive no help by phone ( on hold 12 minutes) or via your chat line

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]their repeated failed attempts to fix my a/c unit.

This company repeated failed to fix my A/C issues, then terminated my service upon my contract ending. A/C still not repaired a year later.
                        We had AHS since purchasing our Home in 2015. Had no issues with them in servicing various things like our Furnace and Water heater, and then 2018 came. In early May 2018 our A/C wasn't working so we placed a service call for repair thru AHS. AHS sent out one of their contracted companies to look at our A/C unit. It was determined that the unit was out of freon and that the inside unit needed replaced. So, I paid the $75 service fee and approximately $850 for refilling the freon and modifications that AHS didn't cover for the repair. Flash forward to 8/31/2018 and our A/C is put to the test again and yet again when we need it, it fails. Place the service call through AHS like we are supposed to again. They send out a different company that determines the unit outside needs replaced and oh yeah, the unit needs refilled again. After a horrible experience back and forth with a supposed corporate level associate we pay out of pocket approximately $150 for this fix. Now, mind you, each time we try to get someone out to fix our A/C it takes weeks as it isn't a real priority for them to fix and the last "fix" had the problem report on 8/31/18 and the issue not be fixed until 10/3/2018. As you might imagine, it wasn't really hot come October 3rd so while they did test the A/C system, it never really got put to the test. That is until this last weekend. Now, before I get to that I must point out that after this issue was finally resolved AHS sent me a letter indicating that when my contract expired on 5/13/2019 that they wouldn't be renewing with me. Convenient as that is. So now, this past weekend we had temperatures in the upper 90s so the A/C was being used, as is to be expected. And wouldn't you know it, even though I basically had an entirely new A/C system, per the words of the upper level corporate individual at AHS, I have an A/C system that has failed. The line from the unit outside to the house has many sections where ice if visible. Not good from what I've read about online. Needless to say, I emailed my contact at AHS not expecting them to do anything, which was confirmed by a different person. So, I now have to clean up an issue that AHS should have taken care of back in May 2018 but dragged their feet only putting a band aid on the issue as it was more "cost effective" for them. I have additionally contacted the company AHS sent out to do the repairs the last time but haven't had any contact back from them.

The pictures attached are what the line looks when the A/C was finally put to use this summer.

Jun 28, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — ceiling fan/outdoor light

This is the second time SJDI Electric attempted to repair an item at our home and is not competent to have...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]pool equip

June 27, 2019

To whom this may concern
                          Regarding : 43628 32nd Street East Lancaster, Ca

3x3 Combo #[protected] Expires 1/2/20 Service request date 6/11/19
                          My name is Syntoshia Cunningham and I am writing this compliant due to the service I received for a claim I file for my pool equipment. On 6/26/2019, Please be advised that I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with AHS requesting to speak with a supervisor due to the fact I have been calling the customer service number for 2 days, sent a email regarding the service and still had not gotten an answer on the claim. Be advised that wet pool arrived at my house around 11am the day of the schedule service request and were already leaving my property by 11:15am. I tried to explain to the tech that my pool guy for the last 3 years informed me that the pump on the heater went out and that there was a leak, he informed me that he could fix it, but I declined my pool guy due to the fact I have home shields. I also tried to show the tech were the leak was and also conversate about the heater. Unfortunately the tech was not interested in anything that I had to say and like I mention was gone within 15mins. Before he left I asked what did he come up with he informed me that I would be getting a call form home shield informing me of the problem once he is done with his paper work order and sends it in.
                          Maybe two days later I receive a email from AHS saying that my service for the pool heater was complete (did not mention the pump) and wanted me to rate the service. Be advised that same information I have shared with you about my service from wet pool and that nothing had been completed was the same email I sent on the response for rate of service to AHS. The very next day I called your office and was to get a return call, which I never received. The next day after that I called again very confused on why am I feeling like I am being brushed off, I spoke with maybe 4 to 5 different call rep customer associate from AHS, trying to resovle this matter. Almost 2 hours later the rep from AHS inform me that it has been past 7 days and I had to request a new claim because the one for my pool equipment was denied.
                          How could it be denied when nothing has been done, I request a different service provider, I almost had a heart attack to know that I had been on the phone for over 2 hours to be given the run around giving my information out over and over again on how I have been waiting sending email and now I wanted to speak to some one in higher position of customer service at AHS. AHS a known WORLWIDE company in business since 1976 and not one supervisor to assist me over 2 hours?
                          At this time I ask was AHS a scam company? Do you collect individuals money who depend on AHS just to denied. then give customers the run around and hope they just get so upset that they just say forget it after spending hard earn money to be told lies or individuals just not wanting to do their job??? After that question, I was placed on hold again for a least another 30mins I could hear the phone picking up because it had been on hold for so long then being put back on hold. Very unprofessional but I did not hang up I refused. I cooked dinner, washed a load of clothes, prepared my clothes for work and did the dishes all while on hold for something so simple. After my 2 1/2 hour call, Christina finally return and said that the supervisor will send someone out for a second opinion. The supervisor never came to the phone, therefore my request still was not answer. Again never answering me about the pool pump leak only focusing on the pool heater, therefore trying to have me pay an additional $75 to come back out for the same part that connects to the heater. I am at a total disbelief that AHS allowed this to happen.
                          My question now, If you were me, paying your monthly on time putting your trust in a company that has this awesome mission statement, been in business for many of years and then this is the service you receive, what would you do? Would you use the law skills you have contact an attorney, do a study review on complaint like this and get a class action going, continue by informing the students and parents at the collages that I lecture at to spread the word about the experience (s) I had out along with others. Make flyer with my sorority, inform church members make AHS apart of daily conversation on how not to use AHS, or would you give AHS a chance to make it right?? Please advise me in writing or via email thank you in advance for your time.

Ms. Cunningham

Jun 24, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — incomplete work order#[protected] and #[protected]

This is follow up letter to your company reference the above work orders. When speaking with customer service...

Jun 19, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — service staff, refuse to connect me supervisor not able to have meeting of the mind

I requested service on line, June 15th 2019 when I did not hear from contractor I called, June 17th 2019 they...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]worst customer service

On May 3, 2019, A/C was blowing out hot air. Called for a service request.

A service contractor was assigned and I was told they would contact in 24 hours. The next day I called the service contractor to see when they would coming to check A/C. They told me it would be at least 5 to 6 days before they could come. I called AHS back and they said they would get someone else.

On May 5 called AHS and they told me to get a outside contractor to come and fix problem. They told me when he got there to call them so they could talk to him about what was wrong.

When he got there and found capacitor bad we called AHS to tell them. I gave the lady at AHS my information and told her the contractor would tell her the problem and charges. She told me that since they had told me to get a outside contractor that all I had to do was send in a receipt from the contractor to them.

I stayed on the phone with her for 20 minutes telling her that they told me earlier they would need to talk to him. She kept saying no just send receipt in and gave me a e-mail address.

I sent in receipt like I was told to. I got a e-mail saying they received the invoices. A week later I get a letter in mail saying AHS would not reimburse me because we did not call in.

I called AHS and gave them the date and time I called in and they said they saw where I had called in and would listen to the recording and get back to me.

Well I have called for 4 weeks and still all they will say is someone is looking into it.

I called today and am cancelling my contract with them. They have got enough of my money.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Reason of review: Poor customer service.

Jun 04, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — smoke detector repair

A technician came out to my house from A to Z electric. My elderly mother was at the house, while I was at...