American Home Shield [AHS] Logo

American Home Shield [AHS]

Having problems with American Home Shield [AHS]?

American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 682 1043 (Customer Service)
+1 800 735 4663 (For Real Estate Professionals)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee
General Inquiries
P.O. Box 849, Carroll, IA 51401-9901

Payment Address (Invoice)
P.O. Box 851, Memphis, TN 38101-0851

Payment Address
P.O. Box 2803, Memphis, TN 38101-2803

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service. Initial American Home Shield [AHS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Home Shield [AHS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Home Shield [AHS]. Discuss the issues you have had with American Home Shield [AHS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Home Shield [AHS] Complaints & Reviews

Jan 09, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — service

As a professional, I am very disgusted with your company's customer service. I am the vp of client service...

Hughson
Jan 08, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — american home shield

I reported a leak last Tuesday, 1/2/19 to AHS and was assigned to More Than Plumbing who came out Wednesday...

Jan 04, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — failure to provide a plumber and unethical behavior

We experienced a leaky toilette in the home we recently purchased. The water was coming from under the...

Jan 01, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — appliance cash in lieu offer never received...

AHS states they mailed the funds and received a copy of the cancelled check that was issued as payable to me...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]faucet in my kitchen will not let water flow through at full force.

I have just requested a 3rd visit from Service Contractors Plumbing. They changed out my faucet on the 1st visit & since then I have no water pressure in the sink. They came out a second time & said it was fixed but now it is barely running in my kitchen faucet again. I can't help but feel that the faucet they put in is not right for my sink.
The are scheduled to come out again but I do not believe this company is up to American Home Shields standards.
I would like this complaint to be investigated.

PATRICIA Juvenal
Garland, Tx

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — fridge and washer broke.

Tried use this warranty for first time. Gave a a co called manny appliance. Guy was completely...

Prospect Park

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — furnace

In December of 2016, I called American Home Shield to change my furnance. Supreme Plumbing and Heating, who...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]unethical and unavailable; bait and switch

Poor customer service, no continuity, improper installation of water heater causing carbon monoxide to leak for months; being charged for service on dishwasher that was paid by check; threatening to send me to collection agency; wouldn't let me cancel service without paying fee
    Tonight, I spent hours on the phone 2 hours, 3 minutes, 17 seconds AND when I was transferred to a 3rd person, I got a message that they were closed and to call back during normal business hours.

Contract # [protected]

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — services/refund

I normally not do not post at all but am so angry I need this to spread so please share! We have always had a...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — shieldessential

Their contract is worded with weasel words and broad generalizations so that they can avoid getting out of...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]terrible customer service and contract compliance

It takes 45 minutes to an hour to get through to a service agent with a strong accent and poor understanding of English.
      My Garage Door Spring was broken and they refused service saying it was part of the door track!!
      I had previously tried to change my monthly payment to an annual payment on line. I knew it was coming up for renewal, but had not had a renewal letter. Web site was very slow and kept freezing.
      I made the inevitable long call to customer service to check on status of change after they automatically renewed the monthly installment at a higher price without sending me a contract renewal in the mail.
      They said there was no record of the change to an annual contract or the charge on my card.
      Next I see a charge for a yearly amount on my credit card, plus the second new monthly charge.
      Called again they said there was no such charge. Finally figured out they had put a new contract on my primary mailing address. I did get them to cancel and refund it, after one hour and 25 minutes on the phone.
      I have had trouble getting them to provide service at my rental. People they eventually send are not local and have a very poor opinion of AHS. Apparently the best contractors wont do business with AMS!
      Do not use AHS, I would have been better off saving my AHS payments and just calling a contractor myself. Monthly payments plus the $100 service charge have worked out costing more than just saving the money and calling a contractor which would have been way less stressful.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]refusal to repair rusted and corroded pipes

Contract #[protected]. Marvin and Deborah Holcomb. Initial service date 10/1/2018. Second call 10/15/2018
        Came to home and cut hole in ceiling to evaluate pipes deemed rusted and corroded. Refuse to cover because water does not flow through rusted and corroded pipes. Our plan covers rusted and corroded pipes. Left hole in our ceiling and refuse to repair pipes. We have called several times and they will not let us speak to a supervisor. They tell us repair issue has been "elevated" but will not let us speak to anyone involved in resolving the issue. They promise to return call that afternoon. They never call back. We cannot use the bathrooms and have a hole in our ceiling.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — contractor relations

Sent to Ryan Hagge Tue, Nov 13, 3:39 PM Please forward to the appropriate AHS department. Effective...

Dublin

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — garage door repair coverage

11/08/2018 Policy#[protected] My garage door stop opening 2 days ago. Placed service request...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]warranty

Over 2 months ago I chose to take the option cash in lieu of repair. I was to receive $917.
          I have never received this. Every time I call I get CSR that barely speak English and don't understand.
          I get hung up a lot.
          I get asked if I've submitted proof of repair.
          Cash in lieu of repair was chosen. Ie: I get a check from AHS for $917. I can not put in a service request after this payout unless I repair item and submit proof. I get $917 instead of repair.
          No one understands when I call and I'm now seeing this as a scam.
          Where is my payout in lieu of repair?

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]overall customer service response

It is totally impossible to ever get a customer service representative in less than 45 minutes in a hold status. I have been trying to get reimbursed for the cost to re-install a broken sump pump for over 30 days! What makes it even worse is the division responsible for outside contractor reimbursement does not take calls apparently from CUSTOMERS or their own CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES! Who has ever hear of such????? Their customer service representatives are obviously trained to say ANYTHING to get customers off the line. They are the biggest liars God has blessed to breath!!! They make promises to call you back, etc., and you NEVER hear back! But rest assured...if for ANY reason your premium payments are NOT made on time...they will IMMEDIATELY call or email you to tell you when your policy will be cancelled! This company sucks! Hopefully, I will not have to get an attorney involved...and I am currently in the process of identifying a more reliable, customer service oriented home warranty company!
            from

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]mr. richard employee at ahs

This call were recorded around 1028 am this morning this employees call me and talk to me like a dog he talk like a pure red neck it's sad we live in a dangerous world and if he don't like his job as an employer with American home shields he need to open up his own red neck business and only deal with customers that he like and not black customers but I am going to take this all the way to the top I am look at my statement knowing they done took a payment he calling me a black whatever and telling me that I need to call back and talk to a black employee caused he don't talk to black customers I didn't call him he call me from a collerville office with a [protected] telephone number this man work for American home shields and represents this company In a bad way they have in many lawsuits before and its understand why they stay in lawsuits but I will take this complaint all the way to the top and I will let customers know if you black customers make sure its not Richard calling you from America home shields

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]refrigerator repair - company used is not appliance repair - one month no fridge

Awful — no refrigerator for one month in louisiana — I have been waiting to get my refrigerator repaired for one month. They used an unqualified repair service riser electrical, llc, lafayette, la. This is an electrician who just added appliance repair to his service. They do not call, do not show up, and do not answer the phone. I told ahs this is a one man electrical company that is working out of his home. This is not an appliance repair company. Asked them to change companies and they said they could not because they shipped two compressors to this company. That's not my fault you sent compressors to the man standing on the corner. And now ahs call center is out of the usa. Anybody have a usa contact?

• Updated by Phyllis Roy · Oct 25, 2018

Calling AHS AGAIN . . . hold time is one hour.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — water heater replacement

I had my Rheem gas Water Heater leak for several days while AHS and Just Plumbing blamed each other why not...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]dryer part order never showing up in a timely fashion

Contract #[protected]; dispatch #[protected] - almost two weeks after my dryer broke down and I contacted AHS, the part ordered by the service professional has not arrived after 8 days. When I called AHS to get a tracking #, I was told there was none. I could not get a human in the parts ordering dept to find out why the part had not been sent overnight, a cost I would have been willing to pay if I had been asked.
                  In this day and age, overnighting a package is routine and having a tracking number a must.
                  I have been a many year AHS customer and have recommended its services to many.
                  I no longer will.