American Home Shield [AHS] Logo

American Home Shield [AHS]

Having problems with American Home Shield [AHS]?

American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 682 1043 (Customer Service)
+1 800 735 4663 (For Real Estate Professionals)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee
General Inquiries
P.O. Box 849, Carroll, IA 51401-9901

Payment Address (Invoice)
P.O. Box 851, Memphis, TN 38101-0851

Payment Address
P.O. Box 2803, Memphis, TN 38101-2803

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Home Shield [AHS] Customer Service. Initial American Home Shield [AHS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Home Shield [AHS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Home Shield [AHS]. Discuss the issues you have had with American Home Shield [AHS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Home Shieldsears kenmore elite refrigerator

I notified AHS on August 16, 2019 that my refrigerator was not working. AHS sent a company called Sunrise to Sunset to check it on August 27. the first repairman said orally that he could not repair it because it needed a compressor and someone else from his company needed to handle that. (No paper was given to me) About a week or so later when I finally heard from them, I was told that the compressor had to be ordered. It took two weeks for the compressor to come. No one ever called me to say anything, neither AHS nor Sunrise to Sunset. I called every few days. No one could give me any information. Another visit was made and I was told the compressor was installed, but it would not work because the compressor needed to be updated. About a week later, the owner of Sunrise and Sunset came and updated the compressor and promised me that it was working properly, but it was not. I tried to contact him the following day, but he would not answer his phone and AHS said my work order would be recalled. As of today, September 30, 2019, I have not heard anything from anybody. So I called a number that I hope is Headquarters . I hope I can get some HELP>

Hattie Washington
11529 S Campbell Avenue
Chicago, IL 60655
[protected]@att.net

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]american home shield warranty

Our warranty contract allows us to claim the rekey of our home after our move for up to 6 locks. I have tried to get American Home Shield to complete this service as part of my contract and it has been a nightmare getting American Home Shield to do this. I have tried since August. They are not calling back, they are not delivering what my contract with them forces them to do

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]home warranty

My hvac stopped working in july, I called ahs to request service. Tech came right out, but could not fix the problem. 3 months later hvac is still broke and after about 50 phone calls to ahs they said it would be completely replaced because the part needed is not made anymore. Then I get told there is a charge of $3000. For the plenum on top of the unit, because it will need to be modified. Understandable modifications need to be made whenever you update a new air handler, but that modification in my area should cost no more then a $1000 on the high side. But ahs offers me the cash out option, I bring my own company in to replace the unit. They said they will be $1100 for that option, I find it funny $3000 for a metal box that connect the air handler to the duct works and $1100 for a air handler and condenseror. Ahs and there subs try and extort unknowing homeowners, stay away from this company its a scam

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]refrigerator

I had a service request over a month ago and have been going back and fourth with American home shield and the repair company for my refrigerator to be repaired. Nothing has been resolved they keep giving me the run around about a part having to be ordered. I don't understand how it is my job to contact American home shield to have them track a part and find out what is going on. I am having to call the repair company and American home shield on three way just for them to speak to each other to find information out because every time they call the repair company they can't get a hold of them. I have to call back to back maybe 10 times in roll just to get a hold of the repair company. The repair company is telling that they waiting on a approval from American home shield. And when I talk to American home shield they tell me the repair company should be calling me with an appointment. Every time I ask to speak to a manager they never put me through they tell I will receive a call within 24 to 48 hours and have yet to receive a call back. And the one time I did speak to a manager he hung up on me.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]water heater

The pilot on my hot water heater was broken and needed to be replaced or repaired. I called ahs for service on september 3, 2019. After ahs collected the seventy-five dollars service fee, the job was assigned to waldorf plumbing llc. Waldorf plumbing llc came out to repair the water heater on september 5, 2019. Waldorf plumber said that he did not have the part but would put an order in for the part. He took the broken pilot knob so he would be sure to get the right knob. Waldorf plumbing said in order to save time, the part would be sent directly to my home. The part never came. I contacted ahs because I did not receive the water heater part that waldorf plumbing has ordered. Ahs said the part was not ordered because the on and off knob on a water heater is not needed. According to ahs, the knob is cometic but I refute that assessment. The lighting instructions on the the water heater does not say that. The instruction for lighting the pilot clearly states do not use tools to turn on. Ahs and waldorf plumbing are instructing me not to follow the safety guidelines on the water heater in open view in big red letters. The safety guideline instruct me not to use tools to turn on and off. I believe pliers are considered tools. Without the knob, I don't know the position to set the knob to light the pilot.. Attached below is a picture of the water heater before ahs sent waldorf plumbing and a picture of the water heater after being service by waldorf plumbing. Ahs and waldorf plumbing are telling me to put myself, my family and my property in harms way by ignoring the safety instructions on how to properly light the water heater and just use plier. The instruction clearly states not to use toosl to turn on and off water heater. I am requesting that ahs repair my water heater by replacing the missing knob. Your representative waldorf plumbing removed, the broken knob from my home under false pretense. He did not order another knob for replacement as stated. Have them return the part they removed from my home. I am asking that ahs send a different plumber with the new part needed for repair to my hot water heater with no additional service fees. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Doris pleasant
          #[protected]
          8810 locust grove drive
          Port tobacco, md 20677
          [protected]@gmail.com

water heater
          water heater

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]unable to provide customer with suitable repair or replace service

My family has been without central air conditioning for 12 days and counting. Previous service provider Superior "James" stated unit needed Freon and did not go outside the residence to check the compressor coil but did say the unit is 16 years old and should be replaced, however that AHS contracted with service provider that said unit needed Freon and added it and stated it would be normal in a few days. Well a few days passed and it was not normal. The technician left the air filter out of the unit. When I texted James on Friday September 13, he replied to say he could not talk to me. To this day and moment unit never reached desired temperatures of 74 degrees and 79 degrees respectfully. Inside temperature is running at 90 degrees and above. 2nd technician was contacted Monday and arrived Tuesday afternoon. AAA Appliance stated that unit needed a coil and that I would receive an e-mail confirming the order (which I never did). On September 16 AHS kept shuffling my issue though their Contractor Relations Department which they will not provide me access to them to ascertain why they will not replace system. System is a York Brand 16 year old system that can no longer be repaired as advised by 2 technicians who has serviced unit for many years before AHS. As a result, of my suffering abnd anguish, AHS call center operators in the Philippines waived the $100 service fee and offered reimbursement of up to $125 per night were we to stay in a hotel. On Thursday September 19, AHS informed that AA Appliance refused to do the work after they attempted to order the coil on Tuesday. AHS Philippines kept telling me the matter was escalated and in Contractor Relations. Every time I kept trying to ascertain the status and why it was taking so long to resolve this situation another vendor comment came in. On Friday September 20, AHS informed me that AAA Appliance was now ordering the part again. On the same day in the afternoon Superior called me to inform me that there was nothing wrong with their diagnoses. They stated they could come out to my residence on Tuesday September 23 in the afternoon. On Saturday September 21 2019, at 9:00 Am, I contacted AHS and asked to speak to a supervisor and they switched me to another center where I was put in contact with LaTonya, the first American call center based operator. She listened to my issues, described above and was able to contact South Cooling. LaTonya was the only American call center operator (a company my daughter had experienced as she is an AHS customer as well) South Cooling arrived as promised however the 2 technicians did not seem to speak English very well. Nonetheless, I tried to communicate with them and learned that they said the unit was low on Freon and that upon further investigation, it was determined that the coils were leaking on the outside part of the unit and they showed me the leak detector as well as where the coils were leaking. They also indicated that they took photos of the inside air handler which indicated the year the unit was installed as well as the make and serial number. They indicated they has to submit their finding to their supervisor and showed me the text they sent. They too, also understood and agreed to repair the unit and replace R-22 refrigerant was not the economical way to go with this unit, because R-22 was going to double in cost beginning January 1, 2020., along with the fact that other parts may end up having to be replaced and the SEER rating was way below what is being offered today. So now we have to wait until Monday September 23, 2019 to determine what AHS is going to do. In the meantime, it will be over 14 days without Air conditioning. Im 66 years old and have a medical condition that does not fare well without air conditioning.

• Rh
                Rhett Burney Nov 22, 2019

Do you still have the number that you called that got you someone in the US. If so can you email to me at [email protected] I'm having the same issues.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]refrigerator

Hello,

I have been a long time customer of AHS and really support your company based on experience. However, over the past several months the company that you have sent to fix my refrigerator has been a disaster. In June a tech came out and seem like he did not want to thoroughly look into the problem. I tried to point things out to him and he neglected to address. We had to call him back out 2 more times. He replaced a hose in the back and that hose burst and water got in our walls and under our floor. Basically, our whole kitchen had to be rebuilt. After going through all of that our refrigerator is still not working right. It continues to freeze stuff in a section of the refrigerator. They sent a senior tech out to replace a component inside the refrigerator but that did not work. We had him come back out again. This time he replaced another component. That did not work. I just made another request for him to come out. Please check the records to see all the times he has been out. My concern is at what point will AHS uphold their commitment to the customer /contract. I do my part by paying my monthly fees for coverage so I expect AHS to do the same for what their responsibility is to the customer. What I am getting at is I think this refrigerator cannot be fixed and it comes to a point where AHS should have it replaced instead of wasting their money and mines on bandages. Please hear my voice and reply ASAP. I would greatly appreciate it.

My AHS contract#[protected]

Vendor:
              AT Appliances INC

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]toilets' leaking repair

American Home Shield (AHS ): work order /dispatch # [protected] in on 9/5/2019 :
                First time to use AHS. This year is a 2nd year after signed up. I had no claim at first year. I called for toilets leaking service last week after tenant moved out. The Representative's English was very hard to understand. However, I got her name down as Zally. And I told her many times that there were 4 toilets' leaking, one at first floor, one in basement, and 2 at upstairs. In the end, I asked if I would get Email confirmation. She said no. I told her other company HMS gave me email confirmation. She repeated they don't send out email confirmation. Anyway, Chesapeake Plumbing office came on 9/12 to repair and showed me 3 toilets on the order instead of 4 to repair. I was very upset and called AHS to talk to a representative named Jen to investigate the phone conversation. She was nice to give me a confirmation number #[protected] and said I would get a phone call from a supervisor in 24-48 hours. However, 96 hours passed, and still had no answer. I called today 9/16 again, the new representative also named Jen ( she said she was not the one talked to me 4 days ago). She told me that confirmation number from first Rep was no good and she would send a email to tell the first Rep to call me or a supervisor would call me. I dont understand why the previous rep would give me a no good confirmation number. I told her both names happened to be Jen. But she said she is not the one I talked to 9/12. Later, I insisted to talk to Supervisor, but was told by her they were busy on phone. She would not let me hold to wait for supervisor, even when I said that I could wait hours for supervisor. She said that someone would call me at the end of today. Still no one called back. Its very frustrating, because my Real estate agent is going to put on the market for rent. And the hardwood & sub-floor under the bowel was wet already.
                I sent a survey back to AHS last Thursday 9/12 to rate one star with an explanation. So far no one in the company bother to contact me. Hope this complaint would work!!!
                Solution:
                1. I need someone to investigate the phone conversation and send the plumber back to repair ASAP. I need my house in good order to be on market again. Everything in the house is done well except this toilet leaking.

2. And I think AHS should hire more competent service REPS to take orders. Since her English was poor, so I repeated 3-4 times to tell her 4 toilets with the locations. But she still put order in wrong numbers of toilets. Very frustrating. i dont know if I will continue the contract next year. I feel sorry that I even signed up another contract in June with my other property.

3. I think AHS should hire more competent Customer Rep to do their work. Why would first one gave me a confirmation number for the conversation, but that the 2nd Rep said AHS dont use confirmation Number, and the work dispatch number is what they use. Very confusing to the customer. I dont know which Rep is correct now.

• Updated by bootsfan · Sep 16, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]air conditioning

On 09-13-19 i called about a broken air conditioner the service rep told me i have to deal with it for three days. I explained i live in Florida and can't wait three days for repair. Rep said sorry i then said if you can't help me the cancel my contract. Two minutes later he said can't help but did cancel your contract. I called a company they arrived in twenty minutes and i had to pay over three hundred dollars. So angry.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]customer service/misleading info

1. I wouldn't have thought it would take that long each time to get to customer service. Average calls in about a dozen calls I made worked out be at least 30 minutes and most agents did not call back if the call dropped or cut off. Understanding the english language also seemed to be a problem. 2. They initially gave me a contractor who had so many bad reviews who just ruined my entire day to reschedule where I had to take additional time off. When I complained to ahs, they did nothing to ensure better service. 3. Misleading - it took me a couple of calls to ahs before I committed to them. The customer service person also stated that if I recommended other people to join, both of us then would each get a $25 give card. Upon my recommendation, my neighbor joined and as requested by ahs over the phone, my neighbor gave my contract number to action the gift card. It was over 6 weeks and today upon calling ahs, I was told that they would not be giving us the gift cards because somebody did not write in in the notes. No big deal as it was not worth my time to pursue a little gift card. They have the calls recorded... I might be making it up they say.
                    4.in the first week of september, ie after the requested service was completed by the second contractor assigned, I get an email from ahs and then a call from the initial contractor that I moved away from stating that they would be coming on the 14th of august to fix my ac. I think both ahs and its bad rated contractor were day dreaming.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]repair insurance

Save your money. My A/C broke and they charged me $75.00 plus they don't cover Freon (the unit is older); so I paid the whole cost.

Then our oven broke, 5 weeks to repair it after calling 10 times. Then the oven broke again. I am on 3 weeks without the oven. During one call they said the part is ordered, now they are blaming the technician. They use third part companies to do the work so they have zero control over the work. Save yourself, hire someone else if you need this type of coverage

Sep 10, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — ac repair

I called several times about repair nothing got done no request was met took my money avoided me well now it...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]Failure to replace ac and heat ducts in the attic that are worn out.

I have had AHS service technicians in my attic twice in the last week to check my fiberglass ducts. They submitted reports to AHS and I was denied service because they said the ducts had been broken by someone who had been in the attic. The only people in the attic were me and them The second service technician did break one because they are so worn out that when his ankle hit one as he was walking over it, it split in half. That's wear and tear which is supposed to be covered per the contract which I reviewed.

I have talked with three supervisors and they keep saying nonsensical things about strangers in the attic breaking the ducts. I'm trying to reach the "review desk" which was voluntarily set up by them after they lost a consumer fraud court case a couple of years ago. If you have any information on how to contact the review desk please let me know and in the meantime please submit this complaint to the company on my behalf. Michael Schunk [protected]

Aug 30, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — water heater damage, ceiling leaking

I contacted service around 12:30pm today after I had paid $100 fees for someone to come out. A service...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]home warranty

The representatives are lack of caring about the customer concerns. They are also lack of professional skills to solve problems for customer. They dont have a good and efficient communication with both customer and especially their contractors even the supervisor/manager level and just want to get rid of customer when there is issue. They wasted my 1 hour waiting and wasnt really helpful or supportive on solving my problem. All they did is asking me to hold and causing unnecessary stress for a pregnant woman and nothing fixed or even slightly changed at all.This is the first and also the last time I have business wirh American home Shield

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]warranty for ac

Submitted order for AC repair. Tech said it's gone so AHS is replacing but you won't pay for the parts needed to install. That is wrong. I work for Coldwell Banker and have purchased many warranties for my clients: I'll never purchase one again!!!
                            You are weaseling out of paying what is covered according to the contract but you still won't pay. I'll spread the word to all the agents in our 7 offices that you don't live up to your hype because that's what it is. You used to do the right thing (I've been an agent for 20 years).

Also, I've been sweltering in over 100 degree temperatures feeling very unwell.

Step up and do what you should have done in the beginning.
                            Very DISATISFIED Customer.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]air conditioning, overall customer service

Date started: 07/09/2019 continued until 08/28/2019

07/09/2019 my A/C went out in my home. I contacted AHS for service, service provider never called to set up appointment so I tried on numerous occasions to contact the provider but was unable to when I called AHS to get another provider the customer service rep refused to give me another service provider stating that I had to wait and give the service provided a chance to contact me. The temp outside was in the 100's. I was able to finally get that resolved, the provider showed up the next day and said that the issue with my A/C was a clogged drain, he said he drained it and the system was back on and working wihtin 15 minutes. AHS did not charge me the $75 fee due to the issue I had with customer service not wanting to provide another serviice provided.

This brings me to the issue now, it's 8/26/2019 I called in my A/C once again to AHS because I noticed the same issue with the system as I was having previuosly. AHS gave me the same service provider the only difference this time AHS schedule the appointment for the service provider to come out for the next day which would be 8/27/2019 between 8 AM and 5 PM. I arrange to be home from work so that someone is home to have the repair done. I waited all day and no service provider showed up. I call AHS at 5 PM to let them know the provided did not show and was told that they would contact the provider and have them call me and reschudle for the next day. When I requested a new service provider I was told by AHS that would not be possible that I would have to call back the next morning and request a new provider. I called AHS on 8/28/2019 and ask to cancel my contract with them and was told that I would be charged $55.oo fee to cancel on top of the %75 fee that my account was debted although the service provider never showed up to proform the service.

To get my A/C fixed I called another company to come out and repair the unit. It was never a clogged drain, it was another problem and because AHS would not provide me with another service provider to start with it cost me additional monies because it was not serviced correctly the first time.

Request to have contract cancelled
                              Request refund of $75 service fee for service that was not provided

This is not the way to treat your paying customers!!! This is not the way to treat anyone. This warranty is totally useless and not worth the paper it is printed on.

Shawn Goodwin
                              [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Aug 24, 2019

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] — home warranty

AHS denying my claim for my Hot Water Heater after effective date of my warranty!! They claim it was a...

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]american home shield found a loophole not to fix my dryer

I have appliance insurance with American Home Shield. On July 31 I paid an additional $106 for a technician to go out to check the dryer because it was leaving orange marks on the tenant's clothes. I was advised that a part was being ordered, however it never arrived. I called on August 19 to find out what was going on. Apparently the home warranty company declined the purchase of the part. The drum of the dryer is rusting which is causing the orange stains. Due to some small print in my contract, apparently this falls under "cleaning of an appliance" and is not covered under our warranty. I spoke to a supervisor and then a supervisor's supervisor, to no avail. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with them trying to resolve the matter. Then I tried to cancel the insurance because of the lack of service. I have to now pay a $59 cancellation fee too. I am very frustrated and disappointed with American Home Shield.

American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]ceiling fans

The repair man came to my house and stayed 15 minutes. The first fan blows no air down. You can flip the switch to forward and reverse. The blades move but no air flows down. He didn't even touch the fan. He said the fan still works mechanically so it will be denied.
                                  The second fan wobbles like it's about to fall down. He touched that one at least and determined a blade was bent.
                                  He said that will be denied too because the motor still works!!
                                  I can't explain how pissed off I am right now!