First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Logo

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection

Having problems with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection?

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 875 0533 (Consumer Sales)
+1 800 327 9292 (Renewals Department)
+1 800 444 9030 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 800 992 3400 (Service Department)
P.O. Box 7248
Santa Rosa, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service. Initial First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection. Discuss the issues you have had with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Complaints & Reviews

First American Home Buyers Protection CorpService

On October 10, 2019 my wife and I paid $1020.00 to First American Home Buyers Protection Corp for their Premium Plan.
On March 30, 2020 our built in septic pump failed and our basement flooded. We called for coverage and paid a $75.00 service fee to First American Home Buyers Protection Corp. No one ever came out to look at our problem. I had to hire my own plumber and pay $435.00 for installation of our replacement septic pump.
We have sued First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation for our damages. They have defended stating that First American Home Buyers Protection Corp does not exist.
Review Home Warranties 2020 internet site says they do exist:
"First American Home Warranty company also known as First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation, ….' At page 2 of 8
"First American Home Warranty is a part of First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation with annual revenue of almost three million dollars." Page 4 of 8
BE CAREFUL They stated to us they existed on their own stationary with their name First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation at the top.

Gerald Ladue/ Detroit Michigan area

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers ProtectionVery poor service

I am being forced to pay a co-pay for a plumbing problem. I have already spent over $3000.00 to get to the problem and now I am told there is a limit to what First American will pay. I have been without service over two weeks waiting for this problem to be solved. Please contact me at [protected] for the whole story. There have been 3 plumbing companies who did not wantto deal with the issue.

Dec 15, 2020

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection — Scam - safety hazard - bad faith

We opened a claim #309946388for our heater 10/25/2020, we made First American Home Warranty aware of freezing...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers ProtectionService

Water heater did not work so they found a contractor to come. This contractor doesn't answer phone calls. Texts me back with time and date but never showed up. Contractor came out another day and looked at my water heater for 5 minutes and left, he said he will need to write a report to submit to First American. That report never happened, checked the status online to say the service has been completed. Nothing was ever complete! What a nightmare not having any hot water for a few days. Now, First American is billing me for the contractor that did not do any work. Do not buy home warranty from First American! its a FRAUD! they will not fix or replace anything, will just give you excuses and more than two hour wait on the phone.

Nov 07, 2020

First American Home Warranty — My refrigerator

Bogus, horrible, useless company!!! It has been 5 weeks since I reported my refrigerator/freezer not working...

Aug 13, 2020

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — Pool spa equipment, I opened request #[protected] on 29th of july, that timer is broken, and need to be replaced, also problem with valve

Yelena Furmanova, address is 65072 Mesa Ave, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240, #[protected] Premium...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection CorporationRobbed me by first american home warranty acting in bad faith

Last November 2019 I purchased my home in Barstow, CA. I was not finished moving when the electrical receptacles stopped working. I called an electrician, a contractor for the Marines in Barstow. First American Home Warranty charged my $75 and the policy premium. Their technician came and said there was nothing wrong with the electrical system. The referral for a personal electrician repaired many outlets and said there was a short in the alley. However; First American Home Warranty conspired with him. The so called electrician that did the work said I had to pay him cash up front and not to tell anyone. I had a hard time to billed me when the First American Home Warranty asked for receipts. He told FAHW that what happened was my fault, when I had just moved into the house! So now I'm out $1, 925, included $400 for the so called contract

Jul 21, 2019

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — a/c repairs

My name is Virginia Coleman, contract # [protected]. I have already been sent two repair companies, one which...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationcentral a/c

My condenser started leaking. First American Home Warrantee sent out one technician and confirmed it was leaking. No more response from them. FAHW sent out another technician and he gave me a list of demands to do before he would consider doing the work. Technician #3 came out and confirmed the leak. Never heard back from them. I decided to call a reputable local A/C company to do the work. They came out the same day gave me an estimate that I accepted it and two days later I had a new central A/C and Heat system installed. I optioned the cash out option and was told $600.00. I have contacted FAHW several times and was told they were not going to cover anything. I pay extra for he A/C insurance.

central a/c
          central a/c

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — service not provided and gross amount of $taken from me

from july 2017 to july 2018 you took out of my account, without my concent ( I cancelled 7.13.17, , did not...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — failure to provide services in a timely manner

Called first American home warranty for my central A/C unit in the attic that had a clogged condensation...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — samsung washer

Washer went out in april, repairman came out, looked at washer & ordered part, installed part when received...

Locust Grove

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationhome warranty

I contacted First AM on March 28th regarding a plumbing blockage. They sent "Thomas Plumbing" to my house and they claimed it was a bulged drain pipe under my house that was improperly installed. He said he would return in two days to bring his equipment. Thomas Plumbing never returned. I contacted First AM on March 30th and they tried to contact Thomas Plumbing with no luck. They stated that I would just have to wait. After a week with no contact from the plumber or First AM, I contacted a reputable plumbing company to fix my drain pipe. After $867.00 in repairs, plus my $95.00 service fee, I contacted First AM to see what they would do to reimburse for the repair. They said that they might be able to reimburse the $95.00 service fee but nothing more. What is the point of having a home warranty company that forces you to pay for repairs due to contracting shady companies. Stay far away from First American and do some research on better companies. That's what I'm going to do.

First American Home Warranty — drain pipe

We purchased a condo and had First American for the home warranty. The drain pipe to the wet bar is leaking...

First American Home Warranty — leaking water pipes in the garage of my house

First American Home Warranty was contacted on 12/ 11/2017 to report a leaking water pipe inside the wall in...

starting around August 7 we called regarding our dishwasher. We have had a contract with them for 1 and 1/2...

First American Home Warranty — air conditioning unit

My air conditioning unit at my house has been broken since July 28 but First American Home Warranty company...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — covered vs non-covered items

On 6/13/17, I placed a service request with First American Home Warranty to service my AC unit which was not...

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationfirst american home warranty nightmare

My HVAC system was never repaired. Going on 5 months.
              First American Home Warranty (FAHW) is not what they represent themselves to be. When you open a service request, it takes them 48 hours or longer to schedule an appointment to come to your home. The problem, what ever it is, will not be resolved, and you will be very unsatisfied with the technicians they send to your home.The contractors they use are either new companies that have not built up their own clientele or companies that have done an extremely poor job servicing their own customers and fail to get enough recommendations. FAHW is a very "hands off" company. They contact the service technicians, and then it's "hands off." There is no follow up to see if the issue was resolved. You, the customer, are expected to contact the technician if they do not contact you within 48 hours. I have had an issue with my HVAC since last November (5 months). A variety of techs have been to my house each finding something different and each passing the buck onto a different group. The HVAC compressor was held together with wire and string put there by one of the techs sent out. We finally paid a reputable company to look at the system and take care of the problem. The contractors used do not want to actually fix the problem, they are there to apply bandaids only. They are only paid pennies on the dollar to fix your problem. FAHW does not allow them to purchase parts or do work other than very minor fixes. Do not waste your money or time using this company.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — customer service. claim acceptance.

Just bought a new home. The inspection said the HVAC unit was operational. Since we bought the home in the...