Airtel Kolkatataking money for service I do not use

Ive been charged wit an amount of Rs 249 every month inspite of not having GPRS activated on my cell. I had requested Airtel to deactivate my GPRS in Feb 07.Due to my complain to kolkata customer service I was refunded Rs 498. I do not have GPRS on my phone. But once again in the month of May 07 i was charged wit Rs 249. Please refer to the recorded vox files for inquiry. I would again request Airtel to refund my money. This is the last time I am going through the hastle of complaining and wasting my time. Airtel has no right to take away money without the customer asking for a service. Its not about the money, it the principle, why should I pay for something i did not use.

Thank you.

Mohanlal Samanta Sep 22, 2007

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Sub: Complain for Mobile No. 9932958492 (Wireless_Airtel Mega) for Internet Access.
    Sir,
    I am using the above Airtel Mega mobile for Internet Access(GPRS) for last few months.
    All the settings are available in my set and Configured Airtel GPRS Modem properly.
    I recharged Rs.498/- on 07-09-2007.
    But GPRS facility is unavailable from 20th September 07.

I complaint the problem to the customer care and request to activate gprs facility.
    But still now, no action has been taken.
    Airtel is the top most mobile provider in India, but such type of poor facility is not acceptable !!!!

Under the circumstances above, kindly enquire the above matter and solve my problem.
    Kindly note that, Internet is very essential to me as my wife is ill and i have to consult with the doctors at Vellore, Tamilnadu.

With kind regards.
    Yours trully,
    Mohan Lal Samanta,
    Tamluk, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal-721636.

• Zo
    Zoheb Nov 09, 2007

REQUEST: SPACE FOR TOWER

There is a space in Cossipore Kolkata 2...... where you can install your tower... since we don have one down there...........

Please contact at 03325575395

• Go
    good boy Jan 05, 2008

baal buikachoda khankir chele
    sms hocche na keno motherchod???????????????????????

Anushila Subba Apr 01, 2008

To whomit may concerrn.

This is to bring to your notice that I recieved an sms from your end at 10:20 am which read "your subscription to the on demand service on airtel live has been renewed. Call 543213( toll free) for any exciting new comedy experience- on comedy demand." Next Rs. 30 was deducted from my balance.

I use my cell just for text messaging and for calling. I do not use any other functions. I have no clue when I suscribed for the airtel live. My question is with whose permission is the company deducting money from my balance. Rs. 30 is not much of a big deal but I would not want to see it being taken in the manner that you have conducted. This is shameful.

Also time and again when busy with work we get calls from Airtel with all the unwanted proposals. This is bugging.

I have been using my prepaid number for the past 7 years but now I have my doubts if I should continue any further.

• Ab
    Abhijit Apr 10, 2008

Airtel is worst tele service provider in india. Customer care representatives know nothing. Today I have switched to Vodafone.

Rabi Apr 10, 2008

Yes you are right. They give wrong info. I have requested to disable new SMS service (activated by mistake) they said they cannt disable from their end. I have to call a number and Rs-6/min will be charged for that. I am using hutch.Same thing happened in my hutch connection they credited that amount.
    AIRTEL is THIEF...

• Am
    Amit Apr 10, 2008

Airtel sala chor hain...

• Vi
    Vishal Apr 10, 2008

Airtel don't refund stolen money. This is the main business strategy of airtel.

• Sr
    SR Tours & Travels Apr 11, 2008

Date : 11.04.2008

Shri Hari Singh,
    Customer Care Executive – Airtel

Sub: Complain against Data Card of our Airtel Mobile 9748724358 Complain No.46154674

Dear Sir,
    It is regretted to inform you that on 1st April’08 you have sent an e-mail directing us to call at 7070 – accordingly we tried your concern department who tried on line and failed to restore normal Service. We have also been assured that your hardware engineer shall visit us for the purpose-but till date non – reported / visited. For your information we cannot use the data Card from the date of installation, we however paid your first bill, which please note.

Therefore you are requested to note that if the service is not restored within a couple of days we shall have no other alternative but. To take up the matter with Consumer form since our’s is a commercial organization we cannot suffer loss for unlimited period.

Thanking you
    SR Tours & Travels

Mohua Chatterjee Apr 27, 2008

Sir
    This is to inform you I have never asked for Airtel-masti pack, but it is being activated and my money is also being deducted for it.May I know why this kind misappropriation of money is happening?
    Thanks and Regards
    Mohua Chatterjee

MOHAMMAD SALIM May 02, 2008

WANT TO RENT MY LAND/BULDING FOR ANY MOBILE TOWER. MY LOCATION-SODEPUR, GHOLA CHECKPOST, BARASAT ROAD, KOLKATA-700111, MOBILE NO.-9830089420/9831299673.Plz Contact.

• Go
    GOUR GOPAL BARUI May 04, 2008

Sir/Madam,
    I have activated Gprs for one day on 3/05/08 at 0835 am
    again I have tried to deactivate on 04/05/08 at 0700 am onwards but reply getting unsuccessfull, then I talked to customercare, he tlod try it will be done. I have tried number of times. I have requested him to deactivate but he dosen't, again 25 Rs decuted from my balance.
    Please let me know the reasion why customer is harrashed like this.

With regads
    G G Barui
    mob no 9932027328

sharif ahmad May 09, 2008

i got my instant mobile office activated on 7-5-08. the service got activated and rs 25 was deducted from my balance. but after a few hours i got another message saying that "thankyou for activatin ... " and another 25 rs was deducted . ie 50 rs got deducted frm my balance in a period of 3-4 hours.and when i contacted airtel CC the were just ###. they didnt have any info. they just said that my recentbalance has not been entered into their servers. ###. Airtel sucks.

• At
    Atul Kumar May 13, 2008

Sir
    This is to inform you I have never asked for Airtel-MASTI pack, but it is being activated and my money is also being deducted for it.

May I know why this kind misappropriation of money is happening?

I called the customer care too, and they told the procedure to SMS UNSUB MASTI to 53030, but it did not work, and Rs. 3 is deducted per SMS.

Tell me what to do?

Thanks and Regards
    Atul Kumar

sharif ahmad May 14, 2008

wow, those ### @ airtel deducted rs 75 frm my balance when i only used airtel mobile office for 48 hrs. they should have deducted only rs 50.airtel sucks. Are you listening Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, your company Airtel is thief ...well not a thief but a bloody dacoit jo saala din dahare logon ko loot ta hey.

sharif ahmad May 14, 2008

i suggest all airtel kolkata users to throw their airshit sim cards in their commode and get a new connection from some other operator..

• Sr
    srikantasen May 16, 2008

a pack called "masti" is activated,

my number is 9903367314, deactivate it immediately.

I called customer care several times, but they are saying, "we well do it".

2 weeks gone nothing happened

• De
    Debashish Sinha Babu May 17, 2008

This is to inform you that my connection has been disconnected repeatedly two times. Whenever I am asking for the reasn they said my addres proof was not verified. But I want to know how many times you will verify the addres and I am really dissapointed with customer care services.

• Sw
    Swarnendu May 21, 2008

I have never asked for Masti pack but it got activated automatically. I have called customer care innumerable number of times. A sweet voice from other side says "Thank you for your patience sir! I understand your problem. we will de activate it on such and such date or gives me a 24hrs duration." But that time didn't come yet. Even if you want to talk to their senior manager they puts you on hold and the ###ing line gets disconnected after sometime. I have been suffering for 1 and a half month. I think I have to drop the SIM. Guys don't ever go for Airtel.

Ramesh Verma Jun 08, 2008

Shri Hari Singh,

Sub: Complain against Mobile Bill of our Airtel Mobile 9748746323

Dear sir,

This is to inform you I have asked for for plan change dated 14-03-2008 time 14:15:36 they told this will change within four hour but we have found bill @2499 rental so how I can pay my mobile other executive are call me whent i told please send bill they told take 1000/- discount
    this is not aceptable for me please send me bill at e-mail id coz i am not in kolkata so I can do needful regarding bill

thanks & regard
    Ramesh verma

• Pr
    Proteek Jun 16, 2008

Sub: Childish acts by Airtel

Dear Sir,

I am a corporate postpaid connection user of Airtel, my mobile number is 9748421252 this number belongs to the CUG of Ricoh India limited Kolkata branch, I have paid my last mobile bill on 13th May 2008 at the ICICI ATM drop box located at Shakuntala Park like every other month. The due date was 24th May 2008 & the cheque number was577609 dated 13th May 2008 on ICICI Ballygunj Branch for Rs 629.20. Till date the cheque has not been produced at the bank for clearance and today I have received a fresh bill of Rs.1274.25, as per the connection status credit limit allocated is Rs.2300.
    Suddenly today afternoon I found out that my outgoing has been stopped and on calling up 121 one robotic type of a guy told me that I am taking your complaint and we will get back to you by Friday, it was as if I was talking to a IVRS system. Please tell me where is my fault? I am not at all depressed by all this, it is airtel who is loosing revenue if I am not using your facility, in Today’s world nobody gets stuck if stupid and senseless people like you all behave so rudely even with corporate customers. As you can see clearly a copy of this mail is being sent to corporate HR department of Ricoh and to our regional heads also, this will only help you to gain bad reputation and help other service providers to gain ground by your childish acts. I had a talk with Mr. Nabendu Roy of Airtel Kolkata (9831049303) today afternoon who deals with our account and always assures us by saying that he is the single window messiah for us but when he came to know about my problem he told me that he is riding a bike and he will get back to me shortly but he hasn’t found time or cared to get back to me yet. It is almost 9o’ clock at night.
    I would request you to trace out the cheque and try to be a bit less rude to customers who give you revenue month after month.

Thanks & Regards,

Proteek Basu.
    Senior Engineer
    Ricoh India Limited

• Na
    narendra Sep 10, 2008

Please give the Unsubscription detailes of BollyChart wich is coming from 53030. Itried UNSUB MASTI to 53030 but is telling u r not a subscriber. Then tell me what to do to unsubscribe BOLLYCHART And one more thing it is cutting Rs.10 not for a month for a week itself. Then How i can give Rs.40 easily with out any use on for me...Read below also.

• Pr
    Prakash dutta Oct 17, 2008

Mob. no:9903321571
    This is to inform you that my connection has been disconnected on date 05/10/08 to till date. Whenever I am asking for the mr. Raj and Mrs. PAMPA they said my addres proof was not Ok. and i re submit the docoments .But still my phone is not work . Then i call those piple every day they have not responce anythings and I am really dissapointed with customer care services.

manish kumar Oct 20, 2008

hi manish here my cell no. is 9007422408. please make sure that your customer service staff is well trained and have decent way to talk. please see my customer service 121 call record on 19 october you will come to know what kind of service you are providing.

Rajesh Chanduka Nov 11, 2008

Sir,
    I need your help One person is continuously distubing me in my cell. But I have got the number but unfortunately it willbe deleted so, i want that number. If you help me by giving the numbers who calls me between 1:30pm to 2:55pm.
    Then i will be very greatful to you.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh Chanduka

Jaykrushna Pradhan Nov 24, 2008

I have taken a connection recently and my mobile no 9007396546 and they barred all incoming and outgoing calls on yesterday onwards. When I contacted they told that they have not received the documents. Without informing me they have barred. Though I have submityted all documents. I am unable to communicate and as such I am losing heavily. Request you to start the mobile immediately.
    I am submitting the documents again for the third times.

Regards,

J Pradhan
    033-22550352

• Mu
    Munshi May 11, 2009

I am also furstrated with Airtel's service I bought one Digital TV on 2nd may with 3 months Free package. Suddenly it is changed to 1 year and showing negative balance. I logged a complaint on 8th May. It was resolved on 9th May, 2009. Again from today morning (11-May-09) it is shwoing negative balance.

I told Airtel to take this dish back and return my money back.

• Ar
    arpan Jun 22, 2009

sub:Problem on accessing tower.

sir,
    I live in poanskura. My Airtel Number is 9800194106 . I am using nokia 5320 3g enabled handset. Now the problem is that when i want to make or receive a call under a specific tower (Jaykrishnapur tower, Panskura) then i can not able to do it.

I can make call from other locations also receive calls.

This is happening from last 15 days ago.

So please try to solve the problem quickly.

Your most obedient Arpan Dhara. (You can contact me at 9332397979)

• Ga
    gautam_612 Nov 16, 2010

Dear sir,
    I have a prepaid life time Airtel cell.No.9831330312.I am using this no. from January'2006.
    Last few months my cell was in roaming, and without any intimation my sim was disconnected on the 31st October, 2010. Now when i insert this sim it shows SIM Card Registration Failed. I want to re-use this number.I have contacted airtel park streeet office several times but they hardly bother about doing anything.
    Please do the needful. so i can use this number again.I am ready to pay charges for a new connection also.
    Thanking you
    Gautam Agarwal
    Tel-9472022303
    e-mail id [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices