Complaints & Reviews

Resolved balance enquiry not working

Airtel simply does not care for its customers. My number is [protected] and the sms balance enquiry i. E...

airtel customer care

I am using airtel prepaid connection in Bangalore.I got a promotional call from airtel which i didnt...

money debited from account!

I have also faced an money fraud issue with airtel call home in recharging my account. I have attempted to...

cheating with wrong bill plan!

Airtel is cheating with wrong bill plan for voice and data. I took an airtel data card with connection for voice and data, selecting plans for both. Since the last 3 months I am requesting them to change the bill plan from INR 999 unlimited data to INR 49 per month plan, and INR399 voice plan to INR199.

They are not simply paying heed to my request and sending bills around INR 1800 or so, against a call usage costing INR 300 or so. Problem is I set autopay with Citibank Credit Card. Now, neither Citibank has a provision to stop this autopay using their site, nor Airtel has anything to stop it. Airtel is easily siphoning money out of my account.

deactivated my boradband service

Dear Sir/Madam,

On November 28th 2007, I got the broadband connection from Airtel. To get the connection I had to pay Rs. 500/- for "registration charges". I gave a cheque to the sales person and I told him that I had moved to Chennai just a week back and I do not have a local account and the cheque I am giving is an outstation cheque. The sales person told me that since it is a HDFC cheque you do not have to worry and it is valid. The very next day I got the connection. After a week, "Airtel" de-activated my account. So I had to call the Airtel customer care ([protected]) to see why my broadband was de-activated? They told me that the cheque I gave was an outstation cheque and hence they have de-activated my broadband service. I was asking them how this can be rectified. They asked me to go to a near by showroom and I pay the registration fees (Rs.500/-) in cash. I went to Airtel showroom (Arcot road near Chandra Bhavan hotel) and paid the registration fee in cash and got a receipt for the same. After that I got calls from Airtel customer care 5 times and they told me that my complaint has been closed. They had also mailed my cheque (outstation) back to me in courier. Things were going smooth for 3 weeks and suddenly last week (January 4th 2008) my broadband connection was de-activated again. Guess what the reason is the same old one, outstation cheque. In the mean time I got the November-December 2007 bill from Airtel in that they have clearly mentioned about the cash advance (registration fee) which I had paid them. I called the customer care again and told them that how could you de-activate my connection on the basis of outstation cheque and also told them that even the broadband bill which I got from Airtel has my cash payment towards registration fee. Again the customer care person asked me give the receipt number which I gave and I was assured that the line will be restored within 4 hours but unfortunately that did not happen. I again called them on January 5th 2008 @ 10 PM and I was told that I had to give it in writing and they would restore the line in a week’s time. Till now they have not done anything. This is ridiculous, I mean for NO FAULT OF MINE I AM BEING PENALISED. Is there a way I can get justice???

Thanks,

Badri

• Pa
    Padam Raj Joshi Oct 13, 2009

Hi all,

I am unhappy with service of conference & transfer because they are charging monthly rental & call rate both so i request to Airtel to charge only calls rate or only charge conference service charge.

Thanks,
    P.R. Joshi

• As
    Ashok Bhawsar Jan 15, 2010

I am owning Airtel connection 0731-4213020, Which I want to deactivate due to personnel reason.
    Please deactivate connection and stop sending bill to my ECS clearing.Also send me the NOC to submit to bank to stop payment.
    Details of Phone is as belows.
    1.Account No- 13080903
    2.Ph No 0731-4213020
    3.Deactivation request date - 15.01.2010.

Please do the needful immidiately

WIth Regards,
    Ashok Bhawsar
    Ph 9575300310

• Ni
    nit chavan Jan 06, 2011

sir,
    mera no.band kar diya hai muze wo chalu karna hai, airtel ne achaa nahi kiy
    a mera no. band karke kyoki wo no.i am unhappy airtel ki wajhase.
    mera no. 9890028035 hai no. chalu kardo .
    email [email protected]

• Va
    vamshikrishna.rk Jun 25, 2011

i agree airtel service one of the wrost service in karnataka. i recharged for 5 rs for internet pack but when i seen the balance those mother ###ers debited 80RS from my account. go to hell u airtell.

airtel a crook mobile service.

Hi,

Airtel a crook mobile service.

I had recharged my cell on 09, december 2007 along with tariff top up card. From the day of recharge i'm facing a problem that in some cases when ever I send sms to any other operator or airtel number it shows me message sending failed but deduct money. Now my question is if a message is showing failed is in sent item then how can they charge for the service which I haven’t utilized.

On [protected]:37 a. M. I spoke with airtel customer executive name: pooja, noorjahan, shrishant, avadesh they said there is no fault on airtel end and denied to issue me any request/complaint. When I speak with their supervisor mr. Sumit he issued me request no: [protected] and promise me to sort out with in 24 hours. Today, 08-10-2007 after thirty days when I speak again with ms. Ruchi she said there is system error on airtel end and unable to tell me what action has been taken. They failed to give any solution/answer and narrate me a new story that their system is not working.

It’s more than a month i’m facing the problem each and every day and there is no answer from airtel and they call themselves no.1 mobile operator of india.

Thanks & regards,

Anand kanojia
+91-[protected]
New delhi, india

• Ro
    Robson Jan 08, 2008

Ruthless guys...
    They do not have customer friendliness... you need to call and wait for more than 5 minutes to talk to a customer service executive.... and after that you get a dung as service.

Looting is the simple and straight word for Airtel....

I know their charges where as high as Rs 8 per call in 2001 and it went for a reasonable Rs 2 per call only after Reliance Infocomm's Rs 1500 phone got introduced in 2003...
    They are legal confirmed thiefs and do have an attitute to steal is right as they are providing the services...

Recent jacking of SMS charges to Rs 2 from Re 1 is a rogues imbibed cult.
    Sunil Mittal is an agent of Vodaphone and Sing Tel.
    Wishing you to look at their tie up in UK telecom market. They are partners there and can they be rival players here?

Trecheruous fellows... No business eithics in them.

automatic activation of hello-tune and deduction of charges.

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. Few months ago one hello-tune was activated automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't revert it back, neither refunded the money. I had to spend few more rupees to cancel it by dialing some number.

BUT TEHY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. I FEEL HURT BY THIS UNETHICAL PRACTICE. DON'T Airtel HAVE ANY OTHER IDEA TO INCREASE THEIR PROFIT.

I am not the lone sufferer, on internet one can find similar stories of Airtel customers. Moreover, the amount of Rs. 30 is immaterial but the audacity of this practice is significant.

I call for the authories to step in and curb this practice.

• Ca
    Canada1 Jul 04, 2008

I am also hostage to this corrupt and thieving practice. Does anyone know how to stop this corporate sanctioned theft? This practice would bring criminal charges anywhere else in the world. Surely there is some effective recourse.

• Pe
    peeyush garg Oct 31, 2008

it happened to me also twice...

• Pg
    p.ganesh Feb 18, 2010

Automatic activation of audio movie service and deduction of charges.

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
    I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. a week ago audio movie service was activated & renewd automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't...
    please send me reply about it.

• Fg
    fgfgfgf May 20, 2010

jitna kudte ho...utna kata karo...bahar khich ke kaan ke niche bajana...koi airtel me kaam karne se pahle so bar sochna...ki ye malik log pitvayenge...vo bhi buri tarah

money making attitude

Dear sir,

With reference to above subject, we already two days back complaint given for intrex problem in our company. Our company name was sjr I park, plot 13,14,15, whitefield, opp. Sathya sai bab hospital, bangalore. But nobody taken action at all. We are facing lot of problems with you landline phones. Before intrex facility is working but now it is not working. Means last no: 4 digits dialing facility. We trying to contact airtel customer care & contacted mr sushrut account manager, he is not responding at all. Really I am telling sir really 100% poor services you are giving. At the time of new connections your peoples are requesting so much after finishing your work, after that no response for complaints. We are really fed up with your connections. Where we can go for complaint & solutions tell me sir. Without intercom facility we are facing lot of problems. So much of loss for us. Concerns persons when we call them, they are not picking up the mobiles also.In this we should understand that airtel services very very poor & negligence. Please give me the solution to solve intrex problem.

Please take necessary actions at the earliest.

Warm regards,
Murali prasad. K
Admin cum accountant
Mob : +[protected]
Tel : +91-80-[protected] (Direct)
Fax : +[protected]
Email : [protected]@airtelbroadband.In
_________________
Sjr I park, easy life properties & management services,
Plot no. 13, 14 & 15, epip area, white field, bangalore & ndash; 560 066.
www.Sjrgroup.com

• Su
    SUMANTA Oct 02, 2008

would you tale me sir why AIRTEL "voucher payment" customer get Rs 2/-extra talk time than "e-recharge" ?

activates the scheme without permission

I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months i am facing problem for automatic activation on...

loosin govt plan

Respected Head of Airtel service, sir/madam my cell no is [protected].this is prepaid card with government...

worst service

Airtel is very strict about the bill delivery. I can give u example " My Airtel bill delivered to Miss Setty according to customer care (I am Rohan sahu not miss setty). who is this miss setty .? After searching this name I found a person she tells me she never receive my bill and she also don’t know me. How this airtel people got the name of miss setty's ... god knows. After a long conversation i came to know that airtel is not responsible to deliver bill on right place , courier service that tied up with airtel that is the offender . And customer care was not agree to give the address and contact number of courier except POD number .

Story is not finished yet.... one person found my bill in common mail box of my society ..and he gave a complain against my bill to Crime Branch Mumbai and the reason was "this person is staying here in this society then also his bill comes on this address".

31 st dec ( my birthday) morning i got a call from Crime Branch . According to Officer I have to attained to Crime Branch office on 1st Jan (First day of 2008) . What a pleasure Birthday and New Year I will never forget .

Now i am rounding and rounding the office of Crime Branch Dahisar Mumbai.

"Wah ree Kismat " .

sawant narhari Jul 16, 2008

i am customer for airtel for last four years. But i have take post connection from ace services, kalyan on 14th july 2008 for same no. but till day he is not do so.address as given below
    Ace Services, 2 fl. Kedarnath Bldg., Ahilyadevi Chowk, Above Annapurnna Hotel, nr. Laxmivilas Hotel, Kalyan ( west)
    Pls take quick action

Thanks regards

• Al
    altaf khan Apr 30, 2009

i am customer for airtel for last 3 year but from last 4 days i could not make any outgoing calls and sms. am also trying to complaint to customer care but they have set 121 service on voice mail .

i have lost arround Rs. 50000 bussiness and i am going to claim that amount by help of consumer court if today i could not make any call
    my details are below;-
    Altaf Khan

Resolved lost of sim card

I have lost my mobile set with Airtel prepaid sim card of no. [protected], I request you to please close it...

international call activation!

I have taken post-paid connection (Rs.999 for 1 years) plan from Airtel Delhi in May'06. At that time I have asked Airtel executive about the international calls. He had told me the call rates of the international calls. When I called up on Airtel customer care, they said I need to pay 1500/- IRS or it will be activated after six month. Now six month have passed when I called up on Airtel customer care again they said I need to pay 1500/- other wise you can't get this facility.

refund of money through dd

I had availed a postpaid facility under the 495 plan for my mobile bearing no. [protected].I had discontinued this facility in September 2007 on 11-09-2007.I got this connection converted to prepaid by paying Rs.160/- .I understand that I was eligible for a refund after sixty days of receipt of the bill for the mobile in question.I tried my level best by personally visiting the Airtel Office at Yadav Colony who listened to my complaint verbally and did promise to consider the same suitably.I am at a loss to understand regarding the type of substandard service being offered by a premier company of this repute.I am a employee of Tata and atleast we do not show this type of lackadisical attitude towards customer care.Trust I would get the DD refunded positively without being told to do so time and again.

• Am
    Amit Gupta Dec 14, 2007

This is regarding Pre-paid phone validity. I' had recharged my phone on 1st no. 2007 with 499/- in that i shuld have got 6 months validioty as per the plan which i confirmed at customer care twise thrise.

Then after a month my phone validity has got expired ...and from that day have been compaling to cutomer care about this every time executive do the same thing frd. my complaint to back office.

And tell to wait for 48 hrs. i did this thrise or more than that ... but till now its not been resolved... even i ask to recharge my phone then he responded if u get rechrge ur phone then u wont get ur rest of validity.

Please tell me what should i do now cause its been happening for 15 days ...and i don't think its going to be resolved now.

Thanks And Regards,
    Amit Gupta

incorrect billing!

This is regarding the airtel, I have been using their services for a year now, they have good offers for corporate customers with lower call rates, and we all being innocent will think only of the good side, but no one really knows their hidden and lucrative business plans, what they do exactly is fish out customer by offering good tariff plans and once you are in they try to remain as good as they can be, and when you think all is good then all of a sudden you will find a hefty amount on your bill which you have not used. This happened to me, my calls used to be very low and I opted for the AES249KK plan in which they have 600mins of call free, I was using their WAP / GPRS services and 3 months down the lane they billed for unknown things, claiming that I had downloaded certain things, I spoke to the customer service, they are all nuts and with no resolution, finally I had to pay that bill, and later that month I stopped using their WAP services, my calls were very low, and within the 600mins offer limit, so I used to get a minimal amount like 280 - 300 rupees, then 6-8 months down the lane I see that they charged me for 872 rupees, and in that most of the billing was for WAP which I was not using, I called up their customer service, believe me its the worst that I have seen in my entire life, moreover the reps are so very rude and are trying to make up the bill on me, they would not agree their mistake. So people, I have only one advice to you, before you make a decision with airtel, think twice or get taken for a ride. I seriously would want an audit done on these people, just imagine if they bill one customer for 10 calls that he has not made, imagine the profit that they will earn from the entire network. These airtel guys are ridiculous and are running an unethical business which will fall in the long run. Corporate customers beware!!! Do not enable autodebit for your airtel bill.

If you are a similar victim, please let me know my mail id is [protected]@yahoo.co.in

Rakesh Kumar May 04, 2008

how to create user a/c and password in airtel site

• Ku
    kumaraswamy A Oct 26, 2012

my mobile No.9866269651 is in my office group : Shriramlife insurance co ltd., I am receipt of 06-10-2012. But I have not received
    bill dated 06-08-2012 and 06-09-.2012. though they are in my office group I am paying bill amount every month and getting reimbursement every month from my office. As I have not received bill dated 06-08-2012 and 06-09-2012 I am not in a position avail reimbursement from my office. my office authorized officer Mr. Mahesh wrote a mail to Mr. Prasanth the coordinator -airtel. so far I have not received these two bills. some one from 121 called me up and said the bill was sent to my office but refused to receive in office. I fail to understand how this happened since the bill is on office name and every day thousands of letters being delivered in my office and no time letters are refused to receive. Any way please help me getting these bills which would enable to get reimbursement from my office : You may send soft copies also to my office mail ID: [email protected] alternately you may send to my office authorized person Mr. S Mahesh, GM Systems./or Mr. Anil mahantha

pay your bill by debit card not working

I hold a mumbai Airtel number since past 9 moths and im harassed! I cant even change the service provider as my number has become known in my circle.

its been 10 days that the my account is not accepting online payment of bills. The last date was 2 days back and i have to apy late payment fees also also now.

I have made numerous complaints, since past 10 days , on their customer care and their site account and they are unable to help me.

Their CSE tell me go personally to the Airtel shop and make a cash payment which is very far from my place.

I have sent mails and sent onsite complaints but there is no reply.

A company like Airtel has a pathetic Customer care who does not know any thing about their own site and its bugs and are unable to help me.

There have been major problems in the airtel signal also which there is no resolution uptil now, from the company.

All the complaints i make on their site are not actually resolved, but the company reps mark it as "closed"after a week automatically.

I do not recommend the product to anyone in Mumbai or elsewhere

• Lu
    lubert Nov 20, 2008

Same thing happening with me..
    Customer care is worst than BSNL customer care.

ram Feb 19, 2009

Airtel is been the pathetic service provider. No one expected that they can be so worst in fulfilling the MUST BE requirements for the customer due to horrible network coverage, issues with the network, bad response to customer complaints so on and so forth. I think one should go for other subcribers and make them pay for their mistakes. Very sad to say that airtel only decided to react on this when they start loosing the customer base and
    and hemmer their market reputation in such economical downturn whrer they should realize that customer is god for them.

Atlease i am definatly going to change my subscriber.

distributor's misbehaviour

Hello, I Pradeep gartan took recharge vochoure of Rs 30 from KINARA ONLINE. unfortunatelly instead of my number [protected] he recharged on different number which was [protected] , when i wanted my money back he refused to pay back and start misbehaving (using very abuse word... very cheap language as BEHANCHOD....), THIS HURT'S ME A LOT... if u r going to take some action against him .....otherwise i m going to CONSUMER COURT FOR THIS...

PRADEEP GARTAN
[protected]
HDFC SALES MANAGER

raja (gouri telecom) Mar 04, 2009

Dear Sir,
    meri sri dungargarh (bikaner) me outlet hai. (gouri std pco).
    yanha ke distributor (jaichandlal chandratan) pro. pawan rathi. ka vyavhaar thik nahi hai.
    e top karne se pehle advance paise mangte hai. ab kai dino se inka banda meri shop me nahi aata hai.
    me inse koi bhi vyaaparik sampark nahi rakhna chahta.

frequent disconnection

i am having a connection of airtel (postpaid).my no is [protected].i stay in delhi.i am sick of complaining...

complaint regarding the marking of wrong negative verification

I applied for new airtel post paid connection in the month of November, 2007. I paid 699/-rs in advance for one year rent. I got new mobile number from them which is [protected]. This number was barred within 5 5 days after activation. I called so many times at airtel customer care, all the time their executive noted my concern, but did not take any action till now. Not only executives, I talked Mr Narender Singh who is the shift incharge on the floor. I also visited at their 14 sector, Gurgaon office regarding this concern. But nobody helped me out .
All the time their executive and shift incharge asked my alternate number, I gave them my Team Leaders mobile number as well as Landline number. I also gave them my employee Id for verification. Neither their verification officer called me nor to my Team Leaders.
I am tired to call at their customer care number. I have left the hope to get the problem solve.

I think airtel recruited all the time JOKER for it's organization. All IT'S EMPLOYEE ARE JOKER. There are some name of it's organization worker.

SOHAN CUSTOMER CARE OFFICER, NARENDER SINGH SHIFT INCHARGE. AJEET SALES OFFICER. JITENDER ANAND CONTACT NUMBER [protected]. KHUSHWANT SAINI (TL)([protected], [protected]) SOME NAMES I FORGOT.
Now I don't want my new number to be activated. I just want to present complaint regarding all problems infront of consumer court and TRAI.

Let see what do they do for me.

I learnt a lessen and I will not recommend anybody for AIRTEL CONNECTION. I am using AIRTEL landline I will disconnect that and will not pay them bill.

• Ve
    V.Ezhilarasan Aug 20, 2008

I Kindly Request to Airtel
    Please send my ITEMIZED STATEMENT BILL From the Bigining to upto Date to my Mail ID.

My Mail ID : [email protected]
    My Mobile No : 9790019220.

Thanking You
    By
    V.Ezhilarasan

• Vi
    vijaykumar Kuranagatti Nov 07, 2008

I want to disconnect my Airtel postpaid connection my no is 9900382673. Tell me the procedure & moda of payment for the last bill.

airtel 441

Airtel is one among those who provide worst services
My mobile no is [protected]
And I was using airtel 441 plan in which airtel to airtel calling is free
It has been deactivated without any prior notice
Fed up with the services of airtel
I suggest the complaint board not to happen like this in future

• Bi
    Big Show Nov 22, 2008

### airtel. mine too was a demo 441 plan which had 75 mins A to A free daily.the plan has chnged wo proir notice. Mother ###ers they charge a hell lot now

anand_calls Mar 02, 2011

Hey! My number too was demo 441 and was deactivated without prior notice on Feb 4 2011. On sending query4 times, first response was AIRTEL people told that I have requested for a plan change through SMS, second time they said that I recharged with booster 22, third time they said that I have wrongly pressed an option from a telemarketing call and finally the fourth time they said that the plan was withdrawn 2 years back. I was not satisfied with this response and wrote to [email protected] and again to nodal officer. I have recorded all these interaction and have them as evidence. To the nodal officer I explained the matter clearly and proved that the mistake was not on my side. They have again given my plan back on 1st Mrach 2011.

Happy now.