Having problems with Airtel?

Airtel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 18, 2006. The latest review Ported without informing me online was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint airtel — airtel fraud company, international roaming not activated for bihar and jharkhand circle was resolved on Jul 22, 2017. Airtel has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 1275 reviews. Airtel has resolved 492 complaints.

Airtel Customer Service Contacts

121 (Queries and Requests)
198 (Complaints)
12150 (DTH)
20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase
Bangalore
India - 560078

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Airtel Customer Service. Initial Airtel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Airtel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Airtel. Discuss the issues you have had with Airtel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Airtel Complaints & Reviews

Airtel Pre - Paid Mobile Sim Cardpoor and irresponsible after sales service

I am an NRI based in U.K. and am on a holiday to India . I purchased a pre paid SIM card of Airtel(No:[protected]) on 06.02.08 from Radical Communication,Shop No.88/1,Main Road ,Adhchini,New Delhi-110017.I gave copy of my passport and VISA as identity proof and local address as Aurobindo Ashram,N.Delhi,where I was staying at that time.In short,I submitted all the details as I was asked.

I was told that there will be a verification call from Airtel WITHIN 48 hOURS.i DID NOT RECEIVE ANY CALLS WHATSOEVER ,and 4 days later the phone was disconncected.

Since I was touring various parts of India ,I needed this conncetivity to be on 24/7 .just in case my employers or colleagues need my assistance in any matter /eventuality while I am away from work.
And I lost significantly because of this poor and irresponsible service of Airtel or its dealer or both.
Airtel being an international operator knows better and works differently in European countries where consumer laws are implemented stringently and the defaulter is always worse off.

When I contacted the dealer,I was told I will have to re-submit the form as the address on my passport and the local address of lodge given by me differed-poor excuse as I only did what I was guided to do.Anyway,I was told someone in the dealers office has gone to the system and the no.will be activated in 4 hours.Waited overnight and I called back next day-was told to wait for another 4 hours-nothing happened.
When I called back again,I was told again to submit a fresh form in Connaught Place and someone named Mr Amit Sethi in M5 will EASE THINGS OVER for me.
I was flabbergasted-what a kindness and generosity.
I refused,because I was totally frustrated and sapped.

I instead gave me present address and was promised someone will collect the form from me.

I am still waiting after 28 hours.
Is there a swift respite for the consumers in the fast growing 2 nd largest market of the world ,called Incredible India.

Sanjay Kaul

• Ud
      UDAYRAJ HANAGI Aug 08, 2008

Hi friends,

Few days ago my cellphone was stolen but my cell number was very important for me so, after taking some time out of my busy schedule i went to CP Airtel's head office to get a new duplicate sim. After i paid for the sim I was told that it would be activated within 3 hours.Its been two days and its still not working.The phone provided by the sales person is never answered
      neither the numbers work which are available online.

The company simply sucks.Now I dont have so much time to go to the airtel's office everyday.IF anyone from airtel reading this kindly revert to me ([protected]).anyways this number has to get activated anyhow otherwise I am going to sue the company.

Thanks and regards,
      Udayraj Hanagi

Airtelsim card deactivation

my sim card is deactivated reason give that my document was in worng but i was sumitted all document to air tel relationship center no [protected]

• Bi
        Bikash Kumar Sharma Jul 21, 2012

I had been using airtel sim card since Jun 18, 2012 suddenly one day this sim got deactivated. When I complained this to airtel office in Kalyani, they said that sim is not able to activate again, as reason is unknown. Please activate this sim urgently as early as possible. My phone number was [protected].
        E-mail: [email protected]

• Ra
        ravi saxena Jul 11, 2008

sir
        I have recently submited my Identity proof but after working
        nearly 5 days it stopped working and showing rejected I have talked to customer care service and the local dealer but they are saying that they could not do anything to help me Im dissappointed with your service please help me in this matter I will be obliged
        my no -[protected]

Airtelsignal problem

i hv a very big signal problem in my colony..i can never make ny cal..i have 2 walk down from my place 2 cal sm1..i hv evn complaint many times ...my reference no. is [protected]...i request u 2 do somethng n rectify dis prob!!!thnk u!!

• Aa
          aadil shah May 15, 2010

I STAY IN ANDHRAPRADESH, KHAMMAM DISTRICT, IN KOTHAGUDEM. HERE THE AIRTEL SIGNALS ARE JUST NILL. BUT THE CALL CONNECTS AND MY AMOUNT IS DEDUCTED YOU PEOPLE "###" TAKE OUR MONEY AND BUSINESS BUT YOU DONT GIVE US PROPER NETWORK LOOK YOU ALL AIRTEL MANAGEMENT PEOPLE AM GOIN TO FILE A CASE AGAINST YOU IN CONSUMER FORUM. ### YOU ALL. DONT EVEN REPAIR THE TOWERS. YOUR NETWORK REALLY ###S MAN REALLY ###ING AIRTEL...

• Ar
          Arun.N Jan 07, 2010

Hi sir,
          I am studying Engineering in vel srinivasa college of engineering and technology, near by Navallur. we have problem in signal receiving. So, please do the needfull.
          Thank you very much!!!

• Go
          Goldwin Oct 20, 2009

very poor signal provided by airtel I made so many compliants but no response ... pls give a solution [email protected]

• Ia
          I am very angry from the network of airt Oct 04, 2009

I am very much disappointed by the service offered by Airtel and the worst is that no body is there to listen, all gives you the false statements. From last 2 month I m giving the complaint about the signal problem in my Flat Shanthi Park Apartment-BANGALORE.
          I have not received any return call from airtel.

I think you are not taking our problem seriously & I don't expect from you. Hence kindly take serious/urgent action to solve this problem

SUBRAMANI.K.R Mar 04, 2009

I hv a very big signal problem in my VILLAGE. Airtel twer enie side 4 k.m distant. I can never make ny cal.I have 2 walk down from my place 2 cal sm1..i hv evn complaint many times ..i request u 2 do somethng n rectify dis prob!!!thnk u!! SUBRAMANI.K.R., 4/75, GUDAPAKKAM KANDIGAI, PUDUCHATHIRAM.PO., THIRUMALISAI.VIA., CHENNAI.602107. Mobile no :[protected].

Airtelsim card problem

I have sim card of Airtel with cell no [protected],and my sim card number is [protected]. From about 2 months ther is problem of disconnect calls,voice problem,cross connections to my cell.

suresh babuu Dec 11, 2010

respected sir,
            i suresh babu i have purchased a new sim card with number ([protected]) and got activated but the airtel excutives were demanding me to drop the number and they were herasing me and the herased person's number is ([protected]) so please kindly make justice for me
            thanking you,

• As
            ashish sharma Jul 15, 2008

sim card poblem

• De
            DEEPAK KUMAR Jul 03, 2008

dear sir/madam

my phone no is [protected] but due to some problem my sim is not working and i have chaked out my sim in airtel southextn part-2 new delhi-110049. but they can not give me new sim card because they told me no sim card Available them .

plz help me and tell me some airtel outlet address in south delhi

Airtelcharging without network coverage

My mobile number is [protected]. Using your services more than last one year. But since 13th of Dec 08 i am not getting network into my office. My contact number is very important to me into my business. I had complaint about this more than 7 to 8 times to customer care number. Every time your people commited me that they will solve the network problem. But till time nothing is done from their end.

i have got following message on 29/12/2007 at 9:04 am from 121-

"Dear customer, thank you for contacting Airtel. Your service request reference number is [protected] & we will come back to you by Friday 04 Jan,10:00Hrs."

But no boby turned up. i had spoken to customer helpline regarding the same also. But as usual they had made sweet promises to me & nothing is done.

Now i am fed up with all such complaints & decided to approach consumer court. On what basis you are charging me bill without network coverage?Every day Between 8:30am to 7:30pm (sometimes more than 12 Hrs) i am not getting your network. I had lost my business because of this. More than 3 hrs in a day goes into travelling . that time I cannot use your services. What do you expect from me? that i should use my sleeping hours for using your services. Now stop fooling me. Because i had taken strict step against you. I had asked for services in the major city part of mumbai-marine lines , which is covered by all mobile service providers like Vadafone, BPL, Reliance, dolphin .etc. While taking connection you people promised me lots of things about services. I cannot pay your bill online also. I had applied for that few months back. Still not received any correspondance from your end.

Now this the end of my patience. You are forcing me to take serious action against you & i ll do it at any cost. The copy of the same complaint i am sending to cosumer court. You are responsible & liable for whatever the losses i had bear in my business because of bad services from your end.

Thanks & Regards
          Milan Vengurlekar
          Mobile Number-[protected]

Airtel Postpaidecs deducted from bank

Hi

This mail is regarding postpaid number [protected] which is subscribed under karnataka circle.

I was working with hp bangalore till october. i have since then shifted to pune and am working with fujitsu now. before i shifted to pune, i went to the koramangala airtel outlet to surrender this number. the executive there informed me that i can convert this number to a prepaid number free of charge and then do a life time recharge so that in case i come back to bangalore, i can use the number. i instructed the executive to convert this number to a pre-paid number. the executive then said that she has requested and updated the system regarding the same and that the number would be converted to a pre-paid number in 24 hours. since then airtel continued to deduct ecs from my account and i was shocked to see that airtel deducted an ecs of 2409.71 from my account on 4/02/2008. since then i had to call bangalore customer care dept n number of times, which costed me according to std rates.

A manager looked into this account and admited that it was airtel's fault and told me that all the money would be refunded to my account. he gave me a reference number [protected] for the same. it has been more then 15 days, and the money has still not been refunded to me.

I also dropped an email to the bangalore nodal officer last week. There has been no response from his side as well. I tried all possible means and have spent more then a thousand rupees on std calls to the customer care dept, still i have no response from there side.

• Ta
                tarun Kumar Aug 14, 2008

can i convert my postpaid connection into lifetime prepaid connection if yes then how.

• Mu
                MUKESH KUMAR GUPTA Feb 29, 2008

i have post paid dolphine mobile no. [protected] life time converted to prepaid lifetime but validity shown on13.03.2008 .
                pl. may be checked
                please acknowledge

Airtel Perpaid Number — balance enquiry not working

Airtel simply does not care for its customers. My number is [protected] and the sms balance enquiry i. E...

Airtel — airtel customer care

I am using airtel prepaid connection in Bangalore.I got a promotional call from airtel which i didnt...

Airtel Call Home — money debited from account!

I have also faced an money fraud issue with airtel call home in recharging my account. I have attempted to...

Tinton Falls

Airtelcheating with wrong bill plan!

Airtel is cheating with wrong bill plan for voice and data. I took an airtel data card with connection for voice and data, selecting plans for both. Since the last 3 months I am requesting them to change the bill plan from INR 999 unlimited data to INR 49 per month plan, and INR399 voice plan to INR199.

They are not simply paying heed to my request and sending bills around INR 1800 or so, against a call usage costing INR 300 or so. Problem is I set autopay with Citibank Credit Card. Now, neither Citibank has a provision to stop this autopay using their site, nor Airtel has anything to stop it. Airtel is easily siphoning money out of my account.

Airteldeactivated my boradband service

Dear Sir/Madam,

On November 28th 2007, I got the broadband connection from Airtel. To get the connection I had to pay Rs. 500/- for "registration charges". I gave a cheque to the sales person and I told him that I had moved to Chennai just a week back and I do not have a local account and the cheque I am giving is an outstation cheque. The sales person told me that since it is a HDFC cheque you do not have to worry and it is valid. The very next day I got the connection. After a week, "Airtel" de-activated my account. So I had to call the Airtel customer care ([protected]) to see why my broadband was de-activated? They told me that the cheque I gave was an outstation cheque and hence they have de-activated my broadband service. I was asking them how this can be rectified. They asked me to go to a near by showroom and I pay the registration fees (Rs.500/-) in cash. I went to Airtel showroom (Arcot road near Chandra Bhavan hotel) and paid the registration fee in cash and got a receipt for the same. After that I got calls from Airtel customer care 5 times and they told me that my complaint has been closed. They had also mailed my cheque (outstation) back to me in courier. Things were going smooth for 3 weeks and suddenly last week (January 4th 2008) my broadband connection was de-activated again. Guess what the reason is the same old one, outstation cheque. In the mean time I got the November-December 2007 bill from Airtel in that they have clearly mentioned about the cash advance (registration fee) which I had paid them. I called the customer care again and told them that how could you de-activate my connection on the basis of outstation cheque and also told them that even the broadband bill which I got from Airtel has my cash payment towards registration fee. Again the customer care person asked me give the receipt number which I gave and I was assured that the line will be restored within 4 hours but unfortunately that did not happen. I again called them on January 5th 2008 @ 10 PM and I was told that I had to give it in writing and they would restore the line in a week’s time. Till now they have not done anything. This is ridiculous, I mean for NO FAULT OF MINE I AM BEING PENALISED. Is there a way I can get justice???

Thanks,

Badri

• Va
                    vamshikrishna.rk Jun 25, 2011

i agree airtel service one of the wrost service in karnataka. i recharged for 5 rs for internet pack but when i seen the balance those mother ###ers debited 80RS from my account. go to hell u airtell.

• Ni
                    nit chavan Jan 06, 2011

sir,
                    mera no.band kar diya hai muze wo chalu karna hai, airtel ne achaa nahi kiy
                    a mera no. band karke kyoki wo no.i am unhappy airtel ki wajhase.
                    mera no. [protected] hai no. chalu kardo .
                    email [email protected]

• As
                    Ashok Bhawsar Jan 15, 2010

I am owning Airtel connection [protected], Which I want to deactivate due to personnel reason.
                    Please deactivate connection and stop sending bill to my ECS clearing.Also send me the NOC to submit to bank to stop payment.
                    Details of Phone is as belows.
                    1.Account No- [protected]
                    2.Ph No [protected]
                    3.Deactivation request date - 15.01.2010.

Please do the needful immidiately

WIth Regards,
                    Ashok Bhawsar
                    Ph [protected]

• Pa
                    Padam Raj Joshi Oct 13, 2009

Hi all,

I am unhappy with service of conference & transfer because they are charging monthly rental & call rate both so i request to Airtel to charge only calls rate or only charge conference service charge.

Thanks,
                    P.R. Joshi

Bharti Airtel Limited (A Bharti Enterprise)airtel a crook mobile service.

Hi,

Airtel a crook mobile service.

I had recharged my cell on 09, december 2007 along with tariff top up card. From the day of recharge i'm facing a problem that in some cases when ever I send sms to any other operator or airtel number it shows me message sending failed but deduct money. Now my question is if a message is showing failed is in sent item then how can they charge for the service which I haven’t utilized.

On [protected]:37 a. M. I spoke with airtel customer executive name: pooja, noorjahan, shrishant, avadesh they said there is no fault on airtel end and denied to issue me any request/complaint. When I speak with their supervisor mr. Sumit he issued me request no: [protected] and promise me to sort out with in 24 hours. Today, 08-10-2007 after thirty days when I speak again with ms. Ruchi she said there is system error on airtel end and unable to tell me what action has been taken. They failed to give any solution/answer and narrate me a new story that their system is not working.

It’s more than a month i’m facing the problem each and every day and there is no answer from airtel and they call themselves no.1 mobile operator of india.

Thanks & regards,

Anand kanojia
                  +91-[protected]
                  New delhi, india

• Ro
                      Robson Jan 08, 2008

Ruthless guys...
                      They do not have customer friendliness... you need to call and wait for more than 5 minutes to talk to a customer service executive.... and after that you get a dung as service.

Looting is the simple and straight word for Airtel....

I know their charges where as high as Rs 8 per call in 2001 and it went for a reasonable Rs 2 per call only after Reliance Infocomm's Rs 1500 phone got introduced in 2003...
                      They are legal confirmed thiefs and do have an attitute to steal is right as they are providing the services...

Recent jacking of SMS charges to Rs 2 from Re 1 is a rogues imbibed cult.
                      Sunil Mittal is an agent of Vodaphone and Sing Tel.
                      Wishing you to look at their tie up in UK telecom market. They are partners there and can they be rival players here?

Trecheruous fellows... No business eithics in them.

Airtelautomatic activation of hello-tune and deduction of charges.

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
                    I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. Few months ago one hello-tune was activated automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't revert it back, neither refunded the money. I had to spend few more rupees to cancel it by dialing some number.

BUT TEHY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. I FEEL HURT BY THIS UNETHICAL PRACTICE. DON'T Airtel HAVE ANY OTHER IDEA TO INCREASE THEIR PROFIT.

I am not the lone sufferer, on internet one can find similar stories of Airtel customers. Moreover, the amount of Rs. 30 is immaterial but the audacity of this practice is significant.

I call for the authories to step in and curb this practice.

• Fg
                        fgfgfgf May 20, 2010

jitna kudte ho...utna kata karo...bahar khich ke kaan ke niche bajana...koi airtel me kaam karne se pahle so bar sochna...ki ye malik log pitvayenge...vo bhi buri tarah

• Pg
                        p.ganesh Feb 18, 2010

Automatic activation of audio movie service and deduction of charges.

I would like to draw your attention towards a corrupt practice of Airtel.
                        I am a pre-paid subscriber of Airtel. a week ago audio movie service was activated & renewd automatically on my phone and Rs. 30 were deducted. I wasted my energy and time to talk to customer care executive. They didn't...
                        please send me reply about it.

• Pe
                        peeyush garg Oct 31, 2008

it happened to me also twice...

• Ca
                        Canada1 Jul 04, 2008

I am also hostage to this corrupt and thieving practice. Does anyone know how to stop this corporate sanctioned theft? This practice would bring criminal charges anywhere else in the world. Surely there is some effective recourse.

Bharti Airtelmoney making attitude

Dear sir,

With reference to above subject, we already two days back complaint given for intrex problem in our company. Our company name was sjr I park, plot 13,14,15, whitefield, opp. Sathya sai bab hospital, bangalore. But nobody taken action at all. We are facing lot of problems with you landline phones. Before intrex facility is working but now it is not working. Means last no: 4 digits dialing facility. We trying to contact airtel customer care & contacted mr sushrut account manager, he is not responding at all. Really I am telling sir really 100% poor services you are giving. At the time of new connections your peoples are requesting so much after finishing your work, after that no response for complaints. We are really fed up with your connections. Where we can go for complaint & solutions tell me sir. Without intercom facility we are facing lot of problems. So much of loss for us. Concerns persons when we call them, they are not picking up the mobiles also.In this we should understand that airtel services very very poor & negligence. Please give me the solution to solve intrex problem.

Please take necessary actions at the earliest.

Warm regards,
                      Murali prasad. K
                      Admin cum accountant
                      Mob : +[protected]
                      Tel : +91-80-[protected] (Direct)
                      Fax : +[protected]
                      Email : [protected]@airtelbroadband.In
                      _________________
                      Sjr I park, easy life properties & management services,
                      Plot no. 13, 14 & 15, epip area, white field, bangalore & ndash; 560 066.
                      www.Sjrgroup.com

SUMANTA Oct 02, 2008

would you tale me sir why AIRTEL "voucher payment" customer get Rs 2/-extra talk time than "e-recharge" ?

Bharti Airtel — activates the scheme without permission

I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months i am facing problem for automatic activation on...

Airtel Prepaid Card — loosin govt plan

Respected Head of Airtel service, sir/madam my cell no is [protected].this is prepaid card with government...

Airtel Postpaidworst service

Airtel is very strict about the bill delivery. I can give u example " My Airtel bill delivered to Miss Setty according to customer care (I am Rohan sahu not miss setty). who is this miss setty .? After searching this name I found a person she tells me she never receive my bill and she also don’t know me. How this airtel people got the name of miss setty's ... god knows. After a long conversation i came to know that airtel is not responsible to deliver bill on right place , courier service that tied up with airtel that is the offender . And customer care was not agree to give the address and contact number of courier except POD number .

Story is not finished yet.... one person found my bill in common mail box of my society ..and he gave a complain against my bill to Crime Branch Mumbai and the reason was "this person is staying here in this society then also his bill comes on this address".

31 st dec ( my birthday) morning i got a call from Crime Branch . According to Officer I have to attained to Crime Branch office on 1st Jan (First day of 2008) . What a pleasure Birthday and New Year I will never forget .

Now i am rounding and rounding the office of Crime Branch Dahisar Mumbai.

"Wah ree Kismat " .

• Al
                            altaf khan Apr 30, 2009

i am customer for airtel for last 3 year but from last 4 days i could not make any outgoing calls and sms. am also trying to complaint to customer care but they have set 121 service on voice mail .

i have lost arround Rs. 50000 bussiness and i am going to claim that amount by help of consumer court if today i could not make any call
                            my details are below;-
                            Altaf Khan
                            [protected]

sawant narhari Jul 16, 2008

i am customer for airtel for last four years. But i have take post connection from ace services, kalyan on 14th july 2008 for same no. but till day he is not do so.address as given below
                            Ace Services, 2 fl. Kedarnath Bldg., Ahilyadevi Chowk, Above Annapurnna Hotel, nr. Laxmivilas Hotel, Kalyan ( west)
                            Pls take quick action

Thanks regards

Airtel SIM Card — lost of sim card

I have lost my mobile set with Airtel prepaid sim card of no. [protected], I request you to please close it...

Airtelinternational call activation!

I have taken post-paid connection (Rs.999 for 1 years) plan from Airtel Delhi in May'06. At that time I have asked Airtel executive about the international calls. He had told me the call rates of the international calls. When I called up on Airtel customer care, they said I need to pay 1500/- IRS or it will be activated after six month. Now six month have passed when I called up on Airtel customer care again they said I need to pay 1500/- other wise you can't get this facility.

Airtelrefund of money through dd

I had availed a postpaid facility under the 495 plan for my mobile bearing no. [protected].I had discontinued this facility in September 2007 on 11-09-2007.I got this connection converted to prepaid by paying Rs.160/- .I understand that I was eligible for a refund after sixty days of receipt of the bill for the mobile in question.I tried my level best by personally visiting the Airtel Office at Yadav Colony who listened to my complaint verbally and did promise to consider the same suitably.I am at a loss to understand regarding the type of substandard service being offered by a premier company of this repute.I am a employee of Tata and atleast we do not show this type of lackadisical attitude towards customer care.Trust I would get the DD refunded positively without being told to do so time and again.

• Am
                                Amit Gupta Dec 14, 2007

This is regarding Pre-paid phone validity. I' had recharged my phone on 1st no. 2007 with 499/- in that i shuld have got 6 months validioty as per the plan which i confirmed at customer care twise thrise.

Then after a month my phone validity has got expired ...and from that day have been compaling to cutomer care about this every time executive do the same thing frd. my complaint to back office.

And tell to wait for 48 hrs. i did this thrise or more than that ... but till now its not been resolved... even i ask to recharge my phone then he responded if u get rechrge ur phone then u wont get ur rest of validity.

Please tell me what should i do now cause its been happening for 15 days ...and i don't think its going to be resolved now.

Thanks And Regards,