Ackermans Storeslayby cancellation and laybuy exchange

R Nov 25, 2019

I went to Ackerman's at Ladybrand branch and wanted to cancel one of my two laybyes and paid-up the other one, and I was told that Ackerman's Stores is no longer doing laybye cancellations, I must first wait for the laybye to expire than it will be possible for the cancellation to be made, and on the laybye that I paid-up I wanted to exchange some items and the value of what I wanted to exchange was not the same as what I wanted to purchase, so I was furthermore told that they will not be able to give me the change, they will only be able to put the money on the gift card. I fail to understand because it is stated on the slip/invoice that I can cancel the laybye anytime prior to the expiring date and I will be refunded the money that I deposited/paid in full, furthermore regarding the exchanges I will be refunded my money if and when I no longer want what I purchased for as long as it is still having the price tag.

RESOLVED

I received an email of apology from this email address: [protected]@tenacityinc.co.za, requesting for my phone number and advising me that the divisional manager will call me in three days. Then I received a call from this number:[protected] it was Ladybrand Ackermans divisional manager, who then requested me to come to the store, and she personally helped me to cancel my lay-bye and refunded me as per the terms and conditions on their store invoice, and sincerely apologised for the inconvenienced that was caused.

• Mu
    Mukundo Dec 11, 2020

I went to cancel my order at one of Ackerman's stores they told me that they cannot be able to help me i must wait for layby to expire