7-Elevenreligious discrimination, female belittlement, conspiracy

C

Ref: 7 Eleven Store (27620); 303 Sante Fe Dr., Denver, Co 80214

My name is Cleveland Smith. My wife, Monique Gant, is the Assistant Manager at 7 Eleven at 303 Sante Fe Dr. (Store # 27620), in Denver, Colorado 80214. Monique has been working for this store since July 13 of this year (2017) and expresses her enjoyment for working for this corporation ever since. I can't even describe the joy and excitement she had when told she got the job. Our family have been homeless and receiving assistance through Family Promise of Greater Denver because of unforeseen circumstances, yet Monique decided to use her situation as motivation to hit the streets of Denver to find a job. She came across an opportunity at the 7 Eleven store on Sante Fe and 3rd and even agreed with Jaiesh Baijal to start off, below minimum wage at $8:50. I was vehemently against it. My argument was that my wife' skill-set deserved more than what was presented. But Monique wanted to work, irregardless of the pay, for the ‘family' sake'. Who am I to stop a mother from wanting providing for her family at whatever the cost. I can recall that she was promised by the store manager, Jaiesh Baijal, a manager position with pay, and that her hard work forwarded her that opportunity. As her husband hearing her manager tell me these things, brought excitement. He said that she was going to start being trained for the manager position, yet has been displaying intolerable and harmful behavior that cause me to think that maybe her best interest in not a concern of his. Jaiesh has displayed on several occasions, religious discrimination, belittlement of female, and several instances of conspiracy with those who are likeminded and of the same religion as him. These are characteristics that should not be tolerated or accepted in ANY work environment. If we are honest, we can agree that these actions are unethical, illegal and poorly display the mission and vision of this corporation.
My purpose and hope is to find some sort of resolution to this matter. Monique loves working for this corporation and desire to take the current store to heights it hasn't seen. Yet, as a concerned husband, I refuse to allow my wife to be in a work environment where she is being abused, taken advantage of, or oppressed by her supervisors, for empty promises and false hope. I definitely don't want serious claims, such as these, to jeopardizing the further success of this store. But if these critical issues are not addressed, what kind of message would this corporation be sending to the community? It would say that this corporation discriminates against religious practices, belittles females and conspires against its employees if they don't fit into ‘their' scheme of things.
Jaiesh' unethical practices and abuse towards his employees compromise the very integrity and reputation of the 7 Eleven Corporation. Organizations such as the Better Business Bureau and Denver Post, are only a few outlets that look for instances of inappropriateness and discrimination in the workplace.
My wife is important to our household and works very hard to support her family. She supports this corporation and desires to continue to do so whatever capacity she is asked. But as a concerned husband, I cannot allow this abuse to continue on without taking action. This is my attempt at some form of resolution.

[Cleveland Smith