Zooskcan't read or send emails

I think it's completely ###ed that you go through the trouble of creating a whole profile under the pretenses that you're under a free membership to talk with people. Then you can't send or receive emails from people who try to contact you or visa-versa without subscribing. It's frustrating when an attractive individual tries to communicate with you and you can't respond with anything but an unimpressive "wink" because you don't have the membership you have to pay for. Then you lose your chance. What a rip!!

• Ge
    Genaro Jul 06, 2010

dont go with zoosk. every so often i get this hot girl that wants to know more about me. but when i write to her she is slow to respond and kinda air headed about everything. ive had two girls come to me on that site in the last two weeks. but seem really fishy and something doesnt seem right. funny thing is that after they contact me, the next day they are no longer a zoosk member. and thats after i exchange emails with them. i have written to over 50 girls ugly and cute, normal appropriate questions and not a single response. just those bots or who ever it is behind that computer. i had better experience with match.com but still no results.

• In
    Inge Rush Oct 10, 2017

@Genaro Perhaps it was your profile. I am on Zoosk (since last week) and have already had two delightful real dates and plenty of Gentlemen that are interested. I have noted a lot of men don't put much effort in their profile: horrible fuzzy pictures taken in the worst spaces (public restrooms? really) and / or with female arms draped around them, no effort put into their "story" or anything else and / or terrible grammar and spelling, etc. ... I won't even talk to these ... If you don't care to put your best foot forward and show that finding someone is worth the effort, why should I waste my time on you?

Marcalyn Jul 06, 2010

I often wonder why you have to pay to communicate on Zoosk when you can email anybody for free on Facebook. This is how it works. I had to play with it a little to find out why I could read some of the messages on Zoosk and others I couldn't. It seems like you get one shot to communicate with a member as an unpaid member. If you answer someones icebreaker or send them your "one free shot" message, don't try to answer another icebreaker or try to send another message. If you do, it will lock your communication and also lock the message so that you can't read it. So, unfortunately, I couldn't read the one I really wanted to read since I learned that after the fact.