Menu

reviews & complaints

Match.com Complaints Summary

91 Resolved
388 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Match.com's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Match.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Match.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Match.com complaints 479

Sort by:

Newest Match.com reviews & complaints

M
8:26 am EST

Match.com Match.com subscription

I have been a paying member of Match.com off and on for years. I have never had problems until now. Just a few days after signing up again, my account was banned for somehow “violating the terms and conditions.” I work for the federal government and get background checked regularly by the FBI, why would I EVER do anything inappropriate on a dating app? It’s absolute insanity. This company offered absolutely no explanation, and informed me that if I attempted to make another account, I would again be terminated. I can’t believe this company exists. I am disgusted by the lack of professionalism and unwillingness to actually investigate my appeal, look at whether I actually was inappropriate or not by asking whoever reported me for actual evidence, etc. I am beside myself with how violating this whole experience has become.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Match.com representatives only. If you are affiliated with Match.com, please claim your business to access these details.

View 0 more photos
E
5:54 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

for many years I have been customer of match.com on and off like most people/ Many months ago when I wanted to subscribe I wanted to start with a free 3 day trial I am entitled to. then I would click on the subscription I wanted after the trial ended per usual. It would not take any of my credit card, it had error. I called each credit card company and I...

C
4:53 am EST

Match.com I am complaining about my profile on your site

I am mr. Phillip geoffrey smith & have been a ,e,ber some time, you do know me as i have resently complained about my site having so many cancelled lady profile blanked out on my normal views, since i complained you seem to have frozen me out of my profile, i can't sign in, you keeep directing me to the sign up again method. I tried this this morning, just to see what happen again & it refuses to accept my email address it says that this is not valid.

Please explain this asap.

A photograph as been taken of this messag & will be forwarded to 3 parties if this situation isn't resolved shorty.

Yours sincerely

phil

mr. Phillip g smith

Claimed loss: NO LOSS, JUST INCONVIENT

Is Match.com legit?

Our verdict: Match.com's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate Match.com's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

Match.com earns 63% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: Match.com rated around 63% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

Match.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Match.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Match.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Match.com as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Match.com is being iframed, Iframes can be used for legitimate, For example, iframes can be used to embed third-party content such as maps, videos, or advertisements, which can enhance the user experience.
  • Match.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Match.com has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • Complaints Board has received reports that the website may be a possible fraud. To protect yourself, consider using a different website. If you find that the website is indeed fraudulent, report them to us, to help protect other consumers.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Match.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
11:57 am EST

Match.com no service

There is no human being you can talk to at this site. I paid for my subscription, no technical problem there. I downloaded pictures, filled out all the inquiries, messaged a couple girls and now cant access my site by either email, phone number, or by sign in. This disgraceful automated customer service send me messages to correct the problem going thru the gear icon, but i cant get to the gear icon. You have to sign in to get to it.

John Devlin [protected]@bellsouth.net [protected]

D
2:58 pm EST

Match.com Renewal

I've been a customer with Match now for quite some time and sadly it's not working for me. Always around renewal time I get an increase in the amount of visitors and once I've let my subscription expire have an unusual amount of women "liking" me. I always relent and resubscribe and find that almost all the ones liking me have been suspended by the moderators.

I'm suggesting that these people didn't actually exist and that Match. Com are acting fraudulently. I don't want to be a member of this organisation anymore and demand my money back and the cancellation of my subscription.

I will report this to whoever it takes to get what I want.

Claimed loss: £9.99

Desired outcome: Return of money and cancelation of subscription

C
3:26 pm EST

Match.com The online dating service

Last month, Match, for some reason, blocked my account and would not give me any information as to why. They seem to have shared that information with other carriers, and now OK Cupoid and Zoosk will not allow me to join. I had been a paying member, off and on, for 10 years. How can they block me without provocation and then spread the info to other carriers? I want them to reinstate my account and stop maligning my good name and email.

Desired outcome: To reinstate my account and stop influencing other carriers

Read full review of Match.com and 2 comments
2 comments
Dec 08, 2023 8:30 pm EST

I was blocked from accessing my account for months. They asked me to answer five questions of which I did and they still would not let me access my account. Camille F. sent me the same repetitious email infiorming me that she would escalate the matter to inquire about having it resolved. I will never use this service again. I contacted my bank to inform them that I wanted a refund since I was not provided the services that I paid for. I also filed a report with the Better Business Bureau. I am going to seek legal cousel. I do not care if I paid five cents or five thousand dollars. It is stil my money. I was informed that I said something inappropriate and that if I continued to do so that they would cance my account. The only thing that I said was that I thought that hunting for game was apathetic. I have every right to my opionion. Other than that I cannot see any reason why they canceled my account.

Dec 08, 2023 8:26 pm EST

I also had the same experience. They blocked me from using services. Then Camile F asked me to answer five questions of which I did. I have not had access to my account for months. I contacted my bank to ask them to refund me my money. I will never uses their services again. I filed a report with the Better Business Burea.

N
2:27 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Match.com Can't sign on, customer service won't help

I am unable to sign into my account, which I paid for! I only had match for about a week. For 3 days now, I am unable to sign it. I get a prompt stating that there is a problem with my account. I have reported to resolution department numerous time, and I just get a generic response about them sending my inquiry to another department. At this point, all the potential relationships I may have started are probably gone as I have no way to access my account. This is unacceptable. I paid for this, I could've gone on a free dating site and had better customer service. At this point, my money has been stolen by Match. This all began on 10/31/23.

Claimed loss: Over $100. I forgot exact amount I paid for this subscription.

Desired outcome: I was either to be able to access my account within the next 24 hours or a full refund and cancel my subscription.

1 comment
Dec 08, 2023 8:31 pm EST

I had the same exact problem.

4:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Match.com Locked out of account after paying subscription

I signed up for Match and paid my initial 1st month and was supposed to have the option to cancel my subscription within the initial 30 days. Within 5 days of my subscription be up for renewal I was locked out of my account per Match. I emailed to no avail and never heard a word. I cannot access my account and they just charged me for an additional month at almost $50.00

I want either my access reinstated or my money returned. This is a scam

Desired outcome: want either my access reinstated or my money returned. This is a scam

1:27 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a match.com account for years. Just recently they stated that my account was deleted From Match.com Please know that due to our Terms of Use, your Match account has been terminated. We believe this action to be in the best interest of our member community. Any new accounts created will be subject to review and will be immediately...

D
2:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have encountered someone who says his name is David who says he is from Bethesda MD. He is catphising and fortunately for me he was not able to get my identity via phishing links that he sent to my phone. I am sure his profile picture is not who he says he is as he kept finding reasons within the 3-4 weeks we were talking not to meet. He said he didn't...

P
9:32 am EDT

Match.com Online dating service

I purchased a subscription started getting confirmation codes sent to my phone sent an email to match to investigate I believe my account was hacked. 6 email nothing no answers cant get them on the phone. I want to know if my account was hacked and if my information is now out there. At this point I wish I had never subscribed, but the way things are today. They need to answer my questions.

E
4:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Match.com Being charged and no longer have a recognized account

My account on match was cancelled by me on their website by their own instructions in May. The subscription ended my cancellation on May 5th, 2023. I just received a charge to my credit card. When I went back to Match to cancel again, it does not recognize my email, username or password. Therefore, I have no account. This is fraud at its best. I have no way to speak to a representative because their cues send you back to their site. I have disputed the charge with Citi bank and will continue until someone looks into their practices. I have tried to reset the password with the correct email, then another email and their reset email never comes. They do not recognize my name and birthdate either. Therefore, I have no account.

Ellen

Desired outcome: I would like to have my money refunded and the charge removed from Citi bank immediately.

12:37 pm EDT

Match.com Match dating LLC

I have used Match for 3 years, then decided to stop the service, I now decided to use the site again, I added all my information, added new photos, and then tried to subscribe and active account, only to get a response from Match that they cannot verify my phone number with the email address provided, I was able to a chat with someone from Match online, with the email address I used when account was open, and the same phone number I've had for over 20 years, I have gotten nowhere with Match. I can't remove my photos now that they refused to fix these issues. Using photos of me without consent should be against the law. I don't know if account was terminated. only that Match refused to verify my phone number, and email address.

Desired outcome: Please resolve the issue

S
11:37 am EDT

Match.com match.com dating website

UPDATE: They finally got back to me and things seem to be working again. No idea what the problem was...

I signed up and paid for a subscrition.

Now I can't log in and get a message saying "There is a problem with your account."

No clue as to what kind of problem there is.

And there's no way to get help if you can't log in. They don't respond to emails or facebook chat.

Desired outcome: Somebody from match.com contacts me and tells me wat the problem is

2:00 pm EDT

Match.com Match.com

I paid $44 for a month. 1 hour later I was deleted Per match. They claim I violated a term of service. They will not tell me what it was (because I didn't), and they are claiming they can't tell me what I did because of Privacy policies? They already have all my information. I want to know what policy was allegedly violated, not who "prospectively" said anything. It was my first hour. I hadn't said more than "Good morning" and "how is your week so far", to anyone! I have emails showing all of this including "Snipping tools" pictures of the website messages.

Desired outcome: I need an explanation, and/or my money back. Which or both will be predicated on the Burden of proof resting on Match.com as i just paid nearly $50 for a month, of which I received less than an hour.

4:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Match.com Charger me and locked me out from my account and no response back

Match it’s a SCAM

I signed up and paid for membership, and there you go the problems stared. Says takes 1hr for profile pics to get approved my never got. Then I was logged out of my account and absolutely not been able to log in back saying password is wrong the account not existing I was on phone trying to get help for hours, just a voice record not a live person, I emailed many time no response back, I requested password retrieve no help. 100 %%%% SCAM SCAM stay away from Match.com they wants to just take your money and kick you out.

S
8:43 pm EDT

Match.com Account Terminated

My account was “locked” and then told I violated their terms. I have asked to speak to a manager to find out why. I am a business professional who is fingerprinted and has had multiple back ground checks for my work. I am held to high ethics and standards so the lack of communication and the “why” not being answered or address is very disturbing. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Refund and reason.

7:57 pm EDT

Match.com customer service response

I have been trying to resolve a few issues with match. It took many emails only for my credit card company to resolve the double charge. I cannot get into my account now for a month. I am paying for this but when I do forgot password no email is sent to the email that I am signed up for ever shows up. At least 15 tries. No email responses. At least the same to give me an answer as to where the email are going to. The customer service is HORRIBLE. So I pay but cannot get into my account or get a resolution

Desired outcome: PLEASE have someone actually read the whole thing without sending an automated response which does not match my request.

3:43 am EDT

Match.com Match.com

I created a profile for match.com that was approved.

Few hours later I was blocked.

I was told that I violated their terms.

Nothing in my profile violated their terms.

I created and other profile with a different email and phone number and they blocked me again.

There is no longer a customer service number and they send me an email that just states that I violated their terms but refuse to tell me which.

I wonder if I have been reported by some disgruntled guy

Match of course won’t tell me

Desired outcome: Reactivate account

M
11:18 pm EDT

Match.com Sheer lack of confidence

I get this email , from what appears to be there version of the morality police . Apparently I’m

Forbidden, to ask a simple informal question. Sites push for people to add , multiple photos

“ to get more results” , then they expect you to

Pay for services that realistically should be free .

The question I’d asked was , whether you have other photos , side profile , hardly does anyone any justice . Typically they’ll upload , places they’ve been , horse riding skiing etc..

why not take several selfies of yourself from different angles. . I hadn’t implied anything to

Suggest otherwise .

Desired outcome: Who complained , and what was it about , what exactly did I say . If I know that , then I’m willing to apologize.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Match.com contacts