Having problems with Zoosk?

+1 888 939 6675 (Head Office)
+1 415 362 1000 (Customer Service)
475 Sansome Street, 10th Floor
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Hi,

Long-time Zoosk Member.

Inability for 1 month to update Profile for relevance. I use PC to do this never Mobile.

Zoosk have changed their allowable "character" count. Now Error Message as attached show excess character count even for an existing saved Profile.

Message alerts show "no messages". Online answers are badly conceived.

Zoosk Staff !!

Firstly, Zoosk is a very low grade, low class dating site.

The only reason they are so popular is marketing and click bait. A very large majority of the users on the site are either completely inactive, have multiple profiles or are zoosk staff posing as users to manipulate and coerce genuine users into upgrading to a paid subscription.

If you notice the way the site is set up, there is no way to tell when a user was last active other than "recently online" which only tracks a 24hr period. Everyone else may have been online a week, month, year or 5 years ago, so you waste a lot of time browsing inactive, fake and dodgy users.

The biggest peev I have is with the actual staff. They completely ignore their own terms and are completely bias in the way they manage user profiles. There is ZERO consistency in the way rules are applied. They constantly censor profiles and statements, deleting pictures and words they don't like; outside of their terms. Every staff member reviewing your photos or statements behaves differently. I would upload the same photos and statements at different times and depending on who is doing the censoring at the time, the same photos and statements would sometimes be approved, other times edited or deleted!! This is infuriating!

There is a lot of talk online and in other forums from former staff that they would mock and circulate profiles of people around the office for a laugh. This is disturbing!

They rely on manipulating people's desires to make contact with whoever is viewing them. Problem is, majority of the time, these viewers are not genuine people. They're either scammers, sexual predators, hookers and worst of all.. they're zoosk staff as well.

Honestly, there are much much better dating sites than this garbage.

Email received is suspicious.

3rd email received from 3 different people using same verbiage. They all started "what is it about you.".
They are a message from the member telling me about their good friend that is interested in me. They provide an email address ([protected]@gmail.com) and ask me to contact him there so I can get to know him & he gets to know me. The first 2 times it happened in the evening & when I checked the next morning it was completely gone. The one today is still there but probably not after tonight. I feel like it is some type of scam but prefer that you all check it out. Please let me know what's going on.
Thanks so much,
Julie Fugleberg
[protected]@aol.com
[protected]

zoosk dating app

I was charged A monthly renewal fee after I cancelled and deactivated. They are saying I did not cancel but I did in fact cancel and never logged in again after that in the beginning of January. I was already charged for the month of January, $30, then another $30 monthly charge on a January 16th after which I had cancelled my subscription. I sent several emails to the complaints department and they finally sent back that their records show I never cancelled, which is a lie because in a previous email they told me I had in-fact been cancelled.

zoosk dating site

Iam absolutely fed up with this site I have tryed to unsubscribe followed all Yr instructions on utube a...

married cheat

Watch out for the Indian man named Jay Patel. He's not only married to a woman named Jyoti but also has 2 children. Claims he's a Software Engineer but is in partnership with a hotel located at 4 Piano Place in San Antonio, listed under the Licence Nehall LLC. He's also 53 and not 49. Took me a couple of months to uncover his lies but he likes white women so he can play the "racial" card.You know, Mama only want's me to date other Indian women. His big reason you can never go to his house. Also the name is Jayesh Patel, although he will say it's only Jay.

married cheat

fraud and jeopardizing people lives

There are so many fake messages, fake views, is the whole site fake. Taking money from people for a purpose finding love.You take peoples money but then you do all these things to mess with peoples lives with doing fradulant actions that should be considered criminal. We will turn you in. When you do these things you are playing with peoples lives what gives you the authority to treat people this way. we pay our money to you in good faith and then you pull these scams and fraud.

zoosk

I must firstly say that I am rather unhappy,
So have copied my emails which I tried to send to your help desk/customer support.
I have multiple sclerosis and guess that this site wasn't for me, anyway ! I did used to work for IBM, amongst other professional companies.

Can you see how you contradict your own selves? Obviously not trained at a top company like some of us!

Have 0 days left on my subscription and then all of a sudden, I have new smartpicks, so appear to be a subscriber again!

Regards, Dave Forsyth

(I am guessing that I will not receive a reply or a small amount of compensation for my stress and not needed extra work due to Zoosk).

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

15.24

10 new smartpicks !

I really am wondering how incompetent a company can really be now, after I got 10 more smartpics at 15:24 !
Oh well I shall keep all of my evidence safe and ready !

16:11 Thursday
Hi,
Person in charge of Zoosk.
I thought my account was being closed. I just find it rather strange that I am still receiving frequent smartpicks, which I don't look at.
Do I really need to inform you of this again ?
Just to make you aware, my current rate of pay is £50 per hour.

• Updated by Dave Forsyth · Aug 20, 2019

So, I ain't the first, just the most clever!

Business & Finances Zoosk Customer Service this company is a total rip-off and prays on lonely singles bank accounts
    Zoosk.com / this company is a total rip-off and prays on lonely singles bank accounts
    US
    zoosk.com
    This company is a total rip-off and prays on lonely singles bank accounts. I signed up for a 3 month membership with this company for a charge of 39.95 — they charged me 69.94 and I have tried to contact them about this and their phone number is a joke and their e-mail ( customer service ) is a joke also. when I did finally get a responds from them ( after threating them withh BBB inquiry and bank dispute fillings ) they said that the extra 29.95 was a one time membership fee — and on their site it does not say anything about a additional 29.95 fee on top of the 3 month membership ( NO WHERE !! ), and when you complain to them about this they just put a filter on your account so that you no longer can send or receive messages - leaving the account totally useless and them holding ALL your money. My bank says that they can't do anything about this and I am just hoping that the BBB can do something to help me, , , what a headache !!! — do not sign up with these people — they are crooks. what makes this even more messed up is that back in January ( of this year ) I had signed up for a one month membership and I was only charged the 19.95 - nothing else ( no 29.95 fee ). so along with my complaint and all the others, believe what you read, , Zoosk is a SCAM — if you would like to read more about this complaint ( full version — go to http://zooskscam.webs.com/ ). this company pilfers money from lonely singles all over the world — don't let yourself fall victim to their Catch-22 legal loop-hole, , they are ### and need to be stopped —- AND they are not the only dating site out there practicing this fraud. WATCH OUT !!! do your homework before giving out your debit/credit card info.

Pr Predki
    Zoosk - fraudulently obtained money from me [11]
    Zoosk - tricked into subscribing
    Zoosk - dating service fraud [1]
    Zoosk - unethical behavior? [1]
    Zoosk.com - dating website fail, no customer support
    Zoosk - cancelled subscription but was charged a future month [2]
    Please check your spelling before posting a comment
    Add photos (optional)

View full information
    Recently Discussed Complaints
    Zoosk
    0 mins ago
    this company is a total rip-off and prays on lonely singles bank accounts
    Aug 12, 2011
    false advertising6
    stay away from this one10
    fake and misleading services, members16
    Subjects of Wide Speculation
    1. Siobhan Moore Whelan 1580997207 One In A Million 5 Stars (188)
    11:11 psychics 1580997207 siobhan moore whelan - 5 star review amazing psychic
    2. Review of Love Psychics Ireland 1580997207 (85)
    siobhan moore whelan a great and real psychic medium
    3. Clover (46)
    clover sip up manager tom jenkins a perverted stalker online who stalks innocent women
    4. 11:11 Psychics 1580997207 Siobhan Moore Whelan (32)
    fake psychic
    5. Siobhan Moore Whelan (19)
    unethical behaviour ~ plagiarism and copyright theft
    6. Wish.com/iloveyou store (17)
    Jewelry
    7. 7-Eleven (12)
    getting gas
    8. Siobhan Moore Whelan Telephone Psychic Medium - She is great! (12)
    she is the real deal
    9. Americas Best Value Inn & Suites (12)
    discrimination and mistreatment of repeat customer
    10. Burger King (10)
    orderered vegetrarina burger at manchester airport, but served with chicker burger

Submit Complaint | Categories | Sitemap | FAQ | Business FAQ | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | DMCA Procedures | Investors / Business Offers | Legal Information | Thank you Emails

© 2019 ComplaintsBoard.com
    If you have an inquiry, or any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, and reasonable offers, please, contact us
    x

dating site

I didn't even make two days on the website Zoosk before they shut down my personal email and my access to the site. Nobody at their customer support will tell me why, they say it was hacked but I don't know if anything of mine was compromised, they gave me an email to write to their legal services but I haven't heard anything back, there's no phone number for the legal services and I'm mad. I want my money back but they say I have to get it back from iTunes so now I have to contact Apple

simon age 72

He is a scammer because unfortunately I was scammed several years ago and he is using the same story that...

dating site

I met a man on zoosk dating site. Having never used a dating site before I guess I was blind to the fact that a predator could be on the site. I met this person and we were in constant communication for over a month. We became pretty close and mentioned he ran into some financial difficulties so I said I would loan him money. Needless to say I never suspected he was a scammer. After reading up on these type scams I realized he had all the traits of a scammer. I'm a widow with a limited income and he took all the money I had saved which was $2250. I know I will never be able to recover these funds but need to report this individual. Now he had photos and personal documents on someone by the name of Thomas Miller. I presume he had stolen this individual's identity. He said he was from Plainfield, NJ. Please let me what I can do to help stop this individual before he preys on another woman. I will never use another dating site, this totally destroyed me financially. I know to most people that amount of money isn't much but to me it was everything I had.

zoosk

Watch out for a man who calls himself Joe Cox. He states he is from Australia, a medical tech and doctor. After chatting with him for several weeks, he "flew" to London to finalize some deals he invested in years earlier. One of the deals falls through and the other deal is successful. However. He needs money to transfer the funds.
A doctor, medical tech who works constantly for the good of those who can't help themselves needs money? Do not fall for this scam!
One more thing, he claims to have been a professional soccer player in Australia. His accent is more like someone from Texas. When I checked his phone number on Been Verified there was no associated name but the phone number was a landline from Northern California.

unethical behavior?

I just got a very creepy letter mailed to me from someone who said they saw my profile and that they actually know mutual friends of mine. I have been married for 30 years and have never been on any dating sites. I am going through a separation but again never have I been on a dating site. Can you tell me if I have a profile on this site?
email address: [protected]@prodigy.net

unethical behavior?

• Fo
    Forever Greatful May 29, 2019

Reading the post and the advice you received, rather than a complaint you should be saying thank you very much. You are in a bad place. I was there once too. Fortunately you must have friends that care about you that have taken the time to reach out to you. Not everyone is that lucky. Nothing replaces a family and its love. Keep it together. Mary Lou, TX

dating service no more support now charges $5 to answer any support call

Without notice, zoosk renewed my subscription without my permission. Tried to contact them and that is no...

member who scammed me richard lee or haupt

Beware of a Richard Lee Haupt supposedly from Germany he gets you to chat via WhatsApp and deletes his profile after. Claims he has no parents and he works with investors and he wanted to collects payment from an investor but he is in Germany caring for his dying uncle. Got all my info and paid my credit card so I would buy things he needed. I got him iPhones and cash advance -well the payment did not go through he paid with cancelled account. Got $5300 from me. I uploaded the pics he gave me himself.

• Updated by History007 · Apr 09, 2019

Be careful for a Richard Lee supposedly from Germany and lures u off of Zoosk to chat on WhatsApp with number 904-419-9603
    He will take your money and profess dying love for you. I added a picture that he uses. He states he lives in Newport, RI and his parents are deceased and he's an only child. His uncle is in Germany and wants you to accept a payment from a client with your credit card. But beware the payment will not go through menwhile he asks for u to buy iPhones and take out a cash advance. Ship to a guy in Florida. Beware it's all a scam!!!

• Updated by History007 · Apr 09, 2019

Pictures of him

zoosk dating application

I zoosked messaged and texted, talked to a person, believe under Zoosk member name, age was 63, advanced degree, lived in Carlisle, IQ, had a much younger profile displayed than his age. only 4 lines of a profile content. His name he told me was Antonio Krikman from Amsterdam, self-employed as an oil buyer/reseller to Japan/China. Was just getting ready to retire. Last contract in South Africa, where ended up asking for $6, 000 which I did pay him. I do have photos and the account/address of this information. Today, he asked for $75, 000 and I blocked him.

Hindsight, his facebook looked spoofed, as well as his linkedin. I also captured his facebook photo. I have other photos he sent to me.

Please remove this person, as he is a scammer in my opinion.

• SubSquirrel Feb 06, 2019

In your opinion he is a scammer. Hmmm he took six grand from a gullible older woman and you think he’s a scammer.

You can only scam the gullible. The signs of fraud were in big red letters.

Look for love locally. Have an adult go-over everything before you spend a dime.

dating information

I signed a contract with zoosk. A question asked about my yearly income, I answered the question. I was puzzled because I had 3 attempts to be scammed.in reviewing my profile I noticed that my income was posted. I feel that zoosk assisted the scammers. I also believe that most of the profiles and individuals do not exist. The profiles sound like a paste and cut operation.in contacting customer service I spoke with an extremely rude individual. They refused to refund my
Entire money due to being scammed and false individuals or profiles being used. Beware of this site!!)

online dating

I have used other online dating sites such as Match.com and eHarmony in the past. They both have good customer service in my opinion. I heard about Zoosk via email. What an absolutely horrible experience from an organizational and customer service perspective. It's generous even giving Zoosk one star out of five. Buyers beware. They are a nightmare to deal with.

I purchased a 6-month subscription around mid 2018. Just before my expiry in December 2018, Zoosk sent me an email offering me 25% if I renew. Along with the email, and just after my subscription expired, I also received notifications that people on Zoosk had sent me messages. So I bit and renewed again. Only to discover that I was charged the full amount for 6-months and the messages from these so called "people" appeared computer-generated?

So I attempted to contact Zoosk on both the non-discounted price and the assumingly fake profiles out there. They informed me that I needed to pay by credit card (which I did via PayPal) and gave no answer to the seemingly "computer-generated" email messages received from potentially fake profiles. I then contacted PayPal to at least recover the 25% off ($19) --- which they did.

About a week later, Zoosk emails me informing me that my subscription was cancelled, yet I paid for 6-months? So I called them. Zero help and wouldn't even allow me to speak to a supervisor. Exact words from the customer service agent were: "I spoke to them and they do not want to speak to you. Your account has been blocked as it is our company policy to close an account when a dispute is raised via a 3rd party." I then inquired that when I get my full refund via PayPal (for obvious reasons), what would stop me from re-joining Zoosk (just to see what he would say)? To which the agent responded, "Sir, you have every right to attempt to re-join, but there is no guarantee that our system will not pick it up and block you."

I'll end by saying I simply wanted to be treated like a customer who has genuine concerns and honest questions. Why they chose to skate around the "real truth" and force me to gain mediation via PayPal is mind-boggling? Save you money folks and happy searching.

scammers

I like to warn anyone that uses Zook to very careful of scammers that out to con you innocent people, for your money ...scammers are using photos of innocent people as victims to form fake relationships, don't be taken in by anyones scheming plans, just be wise and say No...and report them to the police..

These photos below is a victim used by a scammer by the name of Roy Travers on Zook, claims to be American personal Trainer working in Quatar American Millarty Champ training troops.

• Mr
    MrSiggiOla Jan 20, 2019

I've reported Zoosk thru google, so i hope i get a replay! But we really should all get together, and file a lawsuit!!
    I took a 6-month deal, should of costed me 400nkr, they ended up charging me on the first day 800nkr.

ive send them a complaint and i reported it to google.

not answers for connection members...

I signed up with Zoosk for a month subscription. Due to, apparently a lot of ladies were interested in my profile (After 2 years just looking). The fun of this is that some of those ladies literally disappear after I made the subscription including those that were my connections(Messaging and not receiving no replies back).

Also, when I signed for the subscription, I was requested like a second monthly subscription in order to allow me to know if my messages were read or replied...(they call it Premium).

How will we know when somebody is a Member and is available to interact with the the subscriber and not simple Picture or profile that has Facebook Account?????