Menu

complaints

Zoosk Complaints Summary

46 Resolved
271 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Zoosk's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zoosk has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zoosk. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Zoosk complaints 317

Sort by:

Newest Zoosk complaints

11:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zoosk Blocked my account for a dispute!

These people that run this organization are incompetent [censored]s!...I had trouble with features when i first joined and complained to them consistently and they kept telling me they would tell their "tech dept." and would get back to me. They never did and then they started blocking my account altogether. This has to be the worst website on the internet. Then i was getting every other days e-mails of men's profiles that they said had "suspicious activity" on zoosk and were being blocked. Most of these men are "not even members"! a bunch of scammers! don't participate in this parody! go elsewhere. They are "phonies" and i hope they disintegrate off of the internet where they belong!

Desired outcome: I WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY AND MY ACCOUNT TO BE "UNBLOCKED"!

I
11:55 am EDT

Zoosk Zoosk access denied

I thought I had registered correctly with Zoosk. I'm getting emails from interested ladies but cannot reply. When I go to the site it says "Access denied" and there is no way to contact them, since I can not get on the site. There is no way to call them and no way to email. They say "download the customer contact form" but you can't if access is denied. Stuck!

E
4:29 am EDT

Zoosk Zoosk online dating site

I actually made 2 attempts at using zoosk. First thing was the basic cost for just getting on the site. then of course you actually have to pay more to effectively use the site. You then have three days to decide if you want to unsubscribe. there was the first major issue. I am having issues with searching, messaging, i am getting alerts for the same thing I have already seen over and over again. I file a complaint, get a response back someone should be in touch with me to concerning the issue within 48 hours. so thats 2 days i can't use what I have paid for, and by this time puts me over the 3 day unsubscribe limit, I tell them to just cancel my subscription. then just a few hours before they did cancel subscription the site is working perfectly. no more disappearing and reappearing profiles no more messaging issues. I got to chat with an incredible lady things are going great we talked about meeting up, then they cancelled me. the site was finally working, there was a lady I REALLY wanted to talk to. so I immediately re subscribed. MISTAKE> this site was an absolute nightmare it is showing people online and offline at the same time, messaging is not working. in one case the profile did not belong to the picture. I filed several complaints. same response 48 hours. So again I cancelled, now the person i wanted to talk to, and one of the very few i was able to actually send a message to, her profile had completely disappeared from the site. I then get a message from zoosk telling me the lady I wanted to talk to had sent me a message, but I would have to resubscribe to read it.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology for myself and the profile "slowdownsummer", complete refund, I would also like them to provide to "slowdownsummer" my personal contact info. so she can decide if she wants

L
8:00 am EST

Zoosk charging my credit card without my approval

I have not been a member of zoosk for around 6 months, and out of the blue they decide to charge my credit card $96.51 without consulting me, or my approval. It was clear that my zoosk account was non active.

This transaction occurred on 11th January. I have just received the bank statement to identify the expense.

I want the money refunded. I have already raised a dispute with my bank and with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

Desired outcome: Refund of $96.51 AU

M
2:10 pm EST

Zoosk My account has been terminated

Now Fri Feb 10 at 2 PM
My Zoosk account that was for 3 months and paid was just "terminated". I would like to know why and also to have this acct put back so I can use it. I have received a lot of good responses from women so I know they must like what they see and read.

Account began for 3 months Dec 15, 2002
Name is Montgomery Westfield
e-mail is mrpersonality123 @netzero.net
Birthdate is 5-11-60
Rockville Md 20851`
Paid a total of $60

Note I had a lot of problems initially and had to go back and forth with you all about my photo that I use. I am a professional model and this photo can be found in the professional model area.

I must have spent 10 min initially and had to speak to 2 or 3 customer service persons and a supervisor to convince them that the photo was me and was for real. I believe a woman must have complained about this photo on myu account. The Zoosk supervisor finally said to me that "we need to prove to us that you are who you say you are, and we want to send you a code # to verify". It was done and I verified that it was me. I used my cell phone # (that if needed) I can share with you. Zoosk customer service woman I believe also said to me, "make sure not to touch this photo or make any changes for them you will lose having this photo up and useful.

I did nothing wrong and I am happy again to re-verify all including your speaking to me and sending me a code again. Please allow me to have my acct here back. I obviously have had like 200 different contacts from women who liked my profile and photo. Bottom line, I have done nothing wrong and was interviewed initially in-depth from you all prior to my having use of this acct in the firsd place. I love having a Zoosk Account and thanks.

Desired outcome: I want to be able to use my Zoosk acct for the 3 months I paid for andto be able to come back in the future to use Zoosk again please.

N
8:29 pm EST

Zoosk My account

I have been a long time Zoosk member, both paid and non-paid for a long time.

All of a sudden today on February 9 I am unable to login with the gmail account as usual. Turns out a problem with password. When I requested to reset password, I NEVER received a email to reset.

Tried a few times to no avail. Am still unable to login with my gmail account that I've been using for a long time. Am unable to connect with my contacts.

Desired outcome: Being able to login with my gmail account

5:20 pm EST

Zoosk Subscription

I joined 12Han 2023, took 6 mth membership, but wanted to trial first. I contacted them immediately and advised I wanted to trial, and ask about other things on their website I was unsure about. I had a basic response. I have contacted numerous times requesting cancellation, refund and no automatic payments. After only 12 days in, I again

Contacted them and they have advised that membership would be cancelled as 13 July 2023 (6mth subscription time). I contacted their legal team, [protected]@spark.net without response. I am in Australia and have advised I am a pensioner and cannot afford or want this.

Can you please assist. Thank you

Desired outcome: Cancellation and refund with no further automatic payments

3:01 pm EST

Zoosk I found a GF on AdultsFun.club

Most of the views, likes and first messages are generated by bots. They are especially active at the beginning before you purchase their overpriced 6-month membership. Then nothing happens. It turns into ghost city. I found plenty of real women on AdultsFun.club

- I like this site better because it’s not membership-based, They don’t prompt you to buy a long term membership, so they don’t fool you by presenting a showcase of fake profiles. All the women are real and it makes a huge difference. I’m taking my profile down on Zoosk and it seems to be not that easy as I thought it would be. Obviously they want to keep charging me and I need to stop them so I’ll have to cancel my bank card.

V
12:19 pm EST

Zoosk My account.

[protected]@yahoo.ca, Phone [protected], My complaint is I was off line due to a move. I came back on Dec 9/2022 to find when I signed in it want me to subscribe like I didn't all ready have a paid account. Which I have a paid account for 6 months starting Nov 6/2022 to May 6/2023. So why is it doing that it's the second time in just over about a month or so. Please can you look after this and so it won't happen again. Mean while I'll keep trying to see if it fixed. I have taken the steps to make sure I'm using the right email address and the right pass word there all the right ones.

10:33 pm EST

Zoosk Subscription and abuse of my account

I have just recently checked my bank account and i signed up for a 34.95 a month subscription and 9.50 for an additional service to view back on carousels.

I have just checked my bank account and just in the last month you have

deducted a total of almost 300 dollars the previous months almost 200 the previous month the same...

I trusted you with my card I sent an email about this to zoosk help desk and they refund me 9.50 yesterday.

please refund me so much more and view my payments carefully and then close my account as i requested in my email.

this is now a matter of urgency

in November alone these are the amounts deducted

1st November an amount of 34.95

2nd of November an amount of 14.50

2nd of November an amount of 8.95

3rd of November an amount of 9.50

7th of November an mount of 39.99

16th November an amount of 14.50

28th of November an amount of 8.95

what the hell has gone here?

already in December there are multiple amounts

Dec 1 an amount of 34.95

September 1st 8.95

September 1st 14.50

September 28th 39.99

September 28th 8.95

if you want pictures of receipts of these amounts please let me know

the only amounts i authorized was 34.95 per month and 8.95

the rest i want refunded please.

please take this seriously i intend to take further action if this is not resolved

seriously are you even kidding doing this.

Desired outcome: Refund please i only authorized 34.95 and 8.95 in any one month a total of 42 dollars.this is outrageous i have attached proof of these deductions from my card.

S
4:53 pm EST

Zoosk Subscription/support service

I just signed up and need to cancel my subscription. I have been on your "expert assistance" site at least 7 times and given the link to the JustAnswer form. I have filled this form out as many times to find it does not work (all my info was correct) and stated that it does not work to your expert assistant Pearl Wilson who supposedly picked up my ticket each time. I've explained the situation clearly and still no help from your team. I also tried the "Contact Us" and got ... Ooops Something Went Wrong. If this is indicative to how you run our business and site I seriously want to cancel my subscription and get a refund. Please cancel my subscription. Thank you. [protected]@aol.com

Desired outcome: cancelation of my subscription

C
11:35 am EST

Zoosk Account seems to be locked

I was texting with a gentleman and after 30 min or more I was unable to continue. I tried to get to the site via the web address but the site said it was unavailable. I now have no access. If this is to be the continued case I would like a refund of the remaining month's I have for this account.

Desired outcome: Refund

B
1:21 am EST

Zoosk Zoosk dating personal profile allowed me / totally unacceptable

I am royally ticked off--- unlike the women on this site, I am not allowed to tell the women about myself, my past history, the explanations behind the several facts about me that Zoosk allows me, and so on so I am more than just a few pictures and a name, essentially ---- I am allowed only my interests and 4 icebreakers, 3 of which I edited out for meaninglessness, keeping only the one about an ideal date ( of the 4 most applicable to me and my situation) --- at the moment I am wishing all the Zoosk people would crawl under a big rock and disappear

Desired outcome: that Zoosk would give me a profile method so I could tell the women about my past, history, story, perfect date, as they allow others, and a way to filter out those never of interest to me

S
5:48 pm EDT

Zoosk Access denied

I am a paying member and as of yesterday, 09.17.2022 I cannot access my account/profile. It states access denied?! Why am I denied? It worked the day before just fine! I expect you to fix this, as nothing has changed on my end.

If you cannot fix it, I expect my money back for not being able to access my account not of my doing from 09.17.2022.

Thank you.

Sabine Louis

Desired outcome: Give me access to my current account. And inform me as to why this occured in the first place.

J
8:13 am EDT

Zoosk Location service

I live in Newmarket-Ontario

Canada

Zoosk is showing men from Finland

I am in Newmarket Ontario Canada

Therefore I need you to change my location. As I tried many times and no success...I want to become a subscriber and find my man. I can't because its in Euros...

I live in Canada. We pay in Canadian dollars.

Yes once the location is changed I believe every thing else will be correct and I can proceed to use Zoosk.

Please help. Change the location please.

I tried many times didn't work...

Please and thank you.

profile email is [protected]@gmail.com

Jane

J
4:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zoosk Lure people in with fake messages

I have been a paid and non paid customer. Zoosk will get people to sign up by having profiles send a fake message. As humans when we see this and can’t respond we’re going to pay for the service. It’s just the way we are built and Zoosk knows this. So when a person unsubscribes that’s their way to get them back in. Then when you do subscribe and message that person back they don’t respond. Another way you can tell is if that person you liked sends you a message but hasn’t viewed you. You can’t send a message without viewing that person. They put the carrot out to see if you will take a bite and most people do

11:02 pm EDT

Zoosk Zoosk online app

I've only been on Zoosk two days. A man with a fake profile reached out to me. Said he was from Germany and moved to the states when he was 10. Then when he called he had a Chinese accent. Really weird. I hung up. Then I could not find his profile on Zoosk to block him. Our conversation was mysteriously deleted. What is going on? He said his name was William [protected].

R
5:07 am EDT

Zoosk I've had enough of it and left it to J4Charm.com

Connections on Carousel are mostly bots and fake profiles used to keep you hooked. Charges are always higher than you expected. Anyway, I've had enough of it and left it to j4charm - fortunately there are no bots there, no ghosting and no scammers asking for gifts and money and you pay as you go. I signed up there without any expectations just to try it out, but I was surprised and I stayed there. It's much better than Zoosk. Zoosk is really overpriced, if you take into account price-quality ratio (with zero quality!)

Read full review of Zoosk and 1 comment