Menu
Dating.com Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Dating.com
reviews & complaints

www.dating.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 49 Reviews

Dating.com Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
39 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Dating.com at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Dating.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Dating.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Dating.com reviews & complaints 49

Filter reviews by rating
10 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Dating.com reviews & complaints

4:56 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com The way people are singled out either popular or not

I am totally have been misled requarding this so called professional dating site I find it very insulting that members are either popular or not which makes a big difference in charges human rights Commission is fully aware of this I will not be renewing my membership ever too many scammers known fraudsters on this site yet it's hard to send this evidence to this site as they choose whom they reply to or take so long but very quick at taking customer money it's a rip-off disgusting service basically makes me feel like a 2nd class citizen which I am not.i would not recommend this dating site to any genuine gay man wanting to meet Mr right all you'll find is rejects and liers on this site even there locations aren't correct either.

Claimed loss: All my money returned

Desired outcome: Refunede fully as I was misled bout yr site 2ndly never classify people as popular or not that's discrimination and breach of our human rights as I travel to the USA I will be hiring a lawyer and suing for damages emotional otherwise.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Dating.com representatives only. If you are affiliated with Dating.com, please claim your business to access these details.

Update by Andrew Bissett
Dec 09, 2023 5:02 pm EST

Since being misled into joining this dating site I would not recommend it at all scammers fraudsters false profiles and breach of human rights laws discrimination against men by stating sum are popular others are not price differences I have found this is not a site to join if your genuinely looking for a partner try a more reputable dating site this isn't overcharged and don't honour there Black Friday specials

K
1:14 pm EST

Dating.com Fake profiles on dating.com

I signed up in December of 2023 and within the first day I received over 200 messages from only popular members, which means I could not write anybody back without upgrading to premium. There's no way that nobody knew to the platform messaged me. They are definitely fake profiles. Very difficult to look up. You cannot reverse image search very well. A complete scam. I don't know how they're still in business

Read full review of Dating.com and 1 comment
1 comment
Michelle2122
Greer, US
Feb 24, 2024 1:53 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have found a bunch of the popular members on FacecheckID. I have found their instagram account and their real names. They already have girlfriends or boyfriends. I was talking to one girl and searched her pictures on Yandex and I found that she has a girlfriend. I talked to her on Facebook Messenger and she said she didn’t use that site. Said she only spoke Spanish but was talking to me in English. You can tell she makes a good salary by the house she lives in and the Ferrari she drives. She is from Colombia South America. She is very popular on dating.com and also Amolatina, and many other sites owned by these scam artists. After complaining to dating.com I got a video from her saying she doesn’t do social media yeah right. But she did have this one profile, talking about dating.com. These people are scum of the earth to play with peoples emotions like they do. I fell in love with her and I still have problems after breaking up after 6 months. But I’m getting better and I have screenshots of our conversations. I don’t know whether to sue this company or something. Something has to be done to stop this discrimination, emotional distress and abuse. If anyone is willing to go forward with a lawsuit against these individuals please let me know.

12:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Customer service and the gift scheme to give members you details

I’ve wrote to customer services in the last couple of weeks numerous times and they never answer !

They is no privacy in what you right to members , as it looks as though messages are read and dotted out. Even if you write a private letter! Not just normal messages.

And the gift scheme to give members your details is total ripe off! It’s expensive gifts not just a little token gift! Clearly aimed at the rich people. To get money ! It’s not about finding the love of your life! It’s about getting money out of members ! I’ve given permission for the site to give member my details but clearly ignored all my messages. It’s a very costly site. Best to find a site that wants members to find there true love! Not just money! The member I’m talking to would get me a gift! But it’s not option on my profile ! ?

Desired outcome: Woukd like site to pass my details to member I’m talking too and change the gifts to token gifts ! Not mobile phones etc! You not going to want to buy someone a phone after talking to them for a couple of months !

Is Dating.com legit?

Our verdict: Dating.com emerges from Complaints Board's rigorous review process as a business with pronounced trust issues, calling into question its legitimacy. Customers are advised to take comprehensive precautions and conduct in-depth research before any form of interaction with Dating.com.

Dating.com earns 22% level of Trustworthiness

Low Trust Caution: Complaints Board finds Dating.com with a 22% trust rating. Suggest safeguarding personal information when using.

Based on our evaluation, Dating.com has resolved only 0% of 39 complaints, indicating a severe lack of commitment to customer satisfaction, trustworthiness, and responsiveness. This may suggest that the company is apathetic or disinterested in addressing the opinions and concerns of its customers.

Dating.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Dating.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We found clear and detailed contact information for Dating.com. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.
  • Dating.com has registered the domain name for dating.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.
  • Dating.com has a valid SSL certificate, while Scammers can obtain a valid SSL certificate by using fake information or by using a stolen or hijacked domain. In some cases, they may even use a certificate issued to another legitimate website.
  • Our scan shows Dating.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.
  • Dating.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.
  • Dating.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Dating.com, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.
  • Dating.com as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.
  • Dating.com website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.
P
2:27 pm EDT

Dating.com Deleted my account

On august 4th 5 am dating. Com deleted/ blocked my account for a security issue but has refused to help me and tell me why they deleted my account they don’t tell you any issue or reasoning in a timely manner. I called and got hung up on 3 times put on hold and no one returned. They charge lots of money so you can talk to the members and will not return any of the money that I used on here and I keep receiving notifications to check out new members but I can’t go on so and they offer no resolution and refuse to talk to me

Desired outcome: I’d like to reactivate my account and continue talking to the 2 people I was talking too or allow me to set up new account

1:39 am EDT

Dating.com Fake Profiles

On May 9th I was sent a chat request from Francesco, 44 lives in Rome, Italy. Pictures that were and are still on the dating.com website are not the person on the dating website. The person in the pictures are of a model from Santa Catarina, Brazil. All personal information provided by Francesco is the same information as the person in the photos. Both are from Brazil, same age, both have 2 kids 13 & 16, education PHD, businessman, etc. person on dating.com has been keeping me chatting with promises of meeting and being in love and just never stops with the romantic talk. But this person never gets off of the website- he is on the website 24 hours a day. I felt at times it was a team of different people. Very aggressive and down on women, rude and dismissive behavior. It has been a very traumatic experience and I want to speak to customer service about this fake profile!

Desired outcome: I want to speak to someone from customer service. This person’s profile is a premium profile that was verified! I want a reimbursement of the money spent on this website since I was definitely scammed.

S
8:40 pm EDT

Dating.com Dating.com Scam: My Experience with a Brazilian Model Impersonator

Hey, my name's Sanja and I'm from Europe. I wanted to share my experience with dating.com and maybe get some help to put an end to it! Last year, I stumbled upon the site out of curiosity, hoping to find love online after getting out of a long relationship. I quickly realized that the site was quite expensive, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I spoke to a few people, but one profile in particular caught my attention. His name was Robert, he was 34 years old, and he claimed to be living in Los Angeles.

We started communicating on September 21, 2021, and things quickly escalated. We developed a relationship, and I can't say a bad word about the person behind the profile. He sent me many videos and voice messages, and we exchanged letters and texts. I believed that we had developed feelings for each other, and he seemed to feel the same way (I have proof too). We even talked about him coming to visit me, and my family got involved. My son knew about him, and so did my mum.

After 7 or 8 months of communication, I asked him to do a video call or exchange numbers, but he always found excuses. I became suspicious and did an image search on Google, and that's when everything fell apart. It's now May 2022, and I discovered that Robert is actually a well-known Brazilian model named Gilberto Fritsch. He ruthlessly lied about living in LA and actually lives in Sao Paolo, where he works for a modeling agency called Megamodel Brasil.

But that wasn't the worst part. I went through his Instagram profile and saw many comments, including one from his girlfriend, who also lives in Sao Paolo. I confronted him about it, and he claimed that she was just a childhood friend and that she had a stalker. Of course, that wasn't true, and things only got worse from there. He became cold towards me, and I ended up in the ER due to the stress and anxiety.

He eventually blocked me from his Instagram profile, but I have two profiles, so it wasn't a problem. I kept seeing all the connected profiles, their friends, him, and her. I kept track of everything and documented it all. To cut a long story short, I'm still not sure if Gilberto is actually behind the profile, but he's definitely involved. He sent me plenty of videos referring to me by name.

In the past two months, he's become even colder towards me, and I'm desperate. I can't explain to anyone what I'm going through. He left me around 10 days ago after finding out that I reported him to the site. The site has been investigating for more than two weeks but has yet to solve the problem. He's still on the site, ruthlessly lying to more women.

I know that this is all a scam, and I was conned in the most cruel manner possible. He's ruined my life and my health. I need to share this with the world, and I won't stop until I get justice. I want to report this to the press and reveal dating.com as a scamming site. I also want to expose Gilberto and his girlfriend. How is so much cruelty possible in a person? Does he even realize what he's done? Does his girlfriend know?

This is extra crazy, my people. I hope that my story can help someone else save their mental state, as I wasn't able to save mine. But I was smart enough to save all our conversations, videos, voice messages, and Instagram photos and stories. I've attached a fragment of what I have here. I hope that you can assist me in sharing my story with the world.

Sanja

7:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Money-Grabbing Site Filled with Fraudulent Women - Stay Away!

This site is a total rip-off! As a middle-aged, well-spoken guy with women skills, I thought I'd have no problem finding love on Dating.com. I had a stable of about 77 women, and after talking with most of them, they all professed their love after just a couple of weeks. But when it came down to them contacting me via email or text, not one of them would do it! I offered my Facebook account to all of them, but not one used Facebook (come on, this is 2020!). I even offered up my 800 business number through my business so it wouldn't cost them a dime to contact me, and my personal email and phone number. But you guessed it - not one contacted me. This is a tell-tale sign of fraud.

It's clear that they are more worried about making money than actually helping people find love. The icing on the cake was when I offered to pay for weekends and vacations in beautiful places for many of them at my cost. But something dramatic always happened at the last minute - either they were mugged, their place was robbed, or their mom had a car accident or brother had surgery that week. It was always some BS story. This site is ridiculously expensive too. After a while, I was on a mission to find out if there was even one real woman on this site. To no avail. Every woman on this site is a complete failure as a woman in every way except taking your money. Please do not be fooled.

Even the positive reviews here are baloney if you read them closely. Now keep in mind, I am a well-to-do guy with beautiful homes and 10 classic cars, many of which are in my profile, and many boats. Many I was pictured with, so all responses to this post will be excuses too. I see they have a large staff doing damage control typing positive reviews. LOL. I am sure that department will increase in size over time. As a business owner, it will be necessary based on their company history and tactics. It is a money-grabbing site. Please, if you are smart, take my experiences and knowledge and look elsewhere for the love of your life. If you use this site, at the end of the day, you will be broke and still alone. Take the money you would spend on this site and take your friends out to dinner or buy yourself something nice. At least you will have positive results.

Any response to this review by Dating.com will only be lies and excuses. And if they do respond, I will post my complete detailed story with women's member facts, which I have taken screenshot pictures with on my phone that will be much more detailed and far more damaging. I know how damaging reviews online can be, and as a business owner myself, I do not believe in doing it. But in this case, I had to make an exception. They are very fortunate to get a 1-star rating because I could not leave a zero.

To sum it up, this site is filled with money-grabbing tactics, it's ridiculously expensive, and it screens your info you send. I have so much proof after being on this site for a year. It finally ended up being an investigation for me rather than a dating site. It's just plain ridiculous. I am a guy who is in a good mood always every day, with no bad habits except buying big boy toys. I have nothing good to say about this site. And again, if there is a response from this site to my review, I will continue to write bad reviews on the internet for as much time as spent on this site so other innocent people will not be taken advantage of.

You men and women do not use this site. Just move on to a reputable one. And to all the people involved with this site, I hope you are taken advantage of like so many people here are! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Net results of my experience: $9000 spent with proof. No emails from any members to me. No texts sent to me. No phone calls to me. No meetings with me. And I have been on national TV 4 times. You will be in the same boat. So like your mom always said, just stay away if you know what's good for you.

6:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Scam Site with Fake Users and Misuse of Private Information

This website is a total scam, and it's not just this one, but also their affiliated sister websites like YourChristianDate, YourTravelmates, ArabianDate, Asiandate, Anastasiadate, and many more. There are a lot of them, and they are all the same.

The users on this site are a mix of real users who you will never communicate with, and Eastern European (Ukranian) women who are not actually women. The ladies that you talk to on this platform are just empty accounts of pseudo-users that either took photos of other females from social media or asked for them to be submitted to be used on this site as "reference material". So, at the end of the day, you are just talking to a dude who is sitting either in an office or at his house, and getting paid to chat with you. I had been talking to a "female" on this website and visited Ukraine to meet her, however I was unable to, as she kept coming up with various reasons as to why she is unable to do so.

While I was in Ukraine, I came across a group of people in a bar that were fairly fluent in English, so I reached out to them, and they started talking about their job, and how entertaining it was to talk to middle-aged men and have them waste "credits" on chatting with them. After inquiring what that was about, they said they were chatting with Europeans and Americans and having them waste money to extend the talk time on Dating.com and other websites. Of course, this information was not meant to be disclosed, but what do you expect from a group of young adults who are making a living from chatting with strangers.

Their Customer Support is passable at best, replying to any of your issues with a lack-luster pre-written script, and hoping that it helps. Whenever you call their hotline, it feels as if you are talking to a corpse, 9/10 times, you will be talking to a non-native English speaker, and you will have a very hard time explaining the situation to the agent, or understanding what it is they are telling you.

Coming back to the fake users and misuse of private information and photos of other people, no matter how much they try to dress up their "No our users are all unique and we take extra care in verifying them" that's all false, all they do is contact marriage agencies in Ukraine and Asia, establish a partnership with them, and use the details of their members to set up a chat-center with the other party. The few times that you find someone who can come out to a video call, you can be assured that that person is just getting paid to talk to you for the hour or so that you are going to be on the line.

I suggest that you take a pass with this collection of websites, and move on to something a little bit more realistic, even Tinder would be better than this, or go dumpster diving in Brooklyn to find your fated one.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Scam Site with Fake Profiles and Manipulative Tactics

I've been using Dating.com for the past two years, after taking a break from dating and giving up on love. I was hesitant to trust people, but I thought this site was genuine. Unfortunately, I was wrong. All the members that I talked to and saw in the search bar were fake profiles, using models' photos and changing their names and photos to different people. At first, I talked to a few people, but then I got to know a guy that I really liked. He pretended to like me to keep me talking and spending money on the site, just like the other guys did in the months before.

I talked to this guy for the entire two years, and for the last seven months, I talked to only him. I eventually left the site, but he pretended that he was told to leave as well. I checked with customer support, and they said that wasn't true. This guy made me believe that he had feelings for me and talked to me every day. He pretended that he would meet me after the lockdown and talked about traveling together and being together in person. He even talked about visiting each other's hometowns and having a future together. But it was all a lie. Whenever he made it seem too good to be true, he convinced me that he had feelings for me and really wanted to chat with me. But it was all a scam.

All of their sites are linked, and they all have fake free profiles that chat with you, but you have to pay to continue the conversation. I was on the YourChristianDate.com site, as I wanted to date a Christian. In the last few months on the site, I received messages from women, even though my preferences were set to be with a man. That was another red flag.

Every action on the site costs credits, from chatting to seeing photos and sending photos. But the credits run out so fast that it's impossible to have a normal conversation without topping up again. The monthly credits only last an hour or less, so they're worthless and add up too fast. The free profiles are all fake, and they make you keep talking to spend more money on the site.

I cancelled my profile and want a full refund for the two years of money I wasted on there, thinking it was a legit site, which it is NOT! They manipulate you into thinking that they want to talk to you to get to know you, but you will never meet your date in person, as the site has rules to stop you from swapping info to meet up. All the people in the ads are models or actors and are not really on the site. The scammers run the fake profiles and use the people's photos.

One of the guys (Stefan) that I talked to from the start until I stopped talking to anyone else but one guy in the last seven months was a fake. The original Stefan was the guy in the first photo with dark curly hair and tanned skin. In the last three months, I saw Stefan delete all his original photos and change his job to a DJ and entertainment manager or something. His profile used to say he was a fitness instructor and a musician. All his new photos were of a completely different person who was slimmer, a white guy who is taller with straight bleached hair with shaved eyebrows and he had a scruffy look not like the previous guys' photos on the same profile who had a clean-cut look. The original guy had great clothes style, and the second guy had a grungy look which I don't like. I called him out on it, and he said that he had "a chemical hair treatment." But hair dye can't change your face shape, body type, skin color, and height as well. So he lied to me about who he was the whole time and then pretended to be someone else using the same profile but with different photos. He was the only Stefan profile that I ever talked to before I met the guy that I liked. But he was also a fake, just like all the others.

In conclusion, I would advise everyone to avoid all their sites, as they are all fake. Don't fall for their scams and waste your money like I did.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: Overpriced and Overwhelming - Don't Waste Your Time or Money

I stumbled upon Dating.com after seeing it advertised on Tik Tok. I've tried other dating sites before, but they always seem to have scammers lurking around. I was hopeful that the credit system on Dating.com would help to reduce this activity. However, as soon as I joined, I was bombarded with emails and chat requests. It was overwhelming, and I found myself quickly using up the initial 120 credits that I received as a sign-up promotion. Each email I opened and responded to cost me 10 credits, and if I opened a picture in chat, it cost me 15 credits. Chats lasted longer, at 1 credit per minute, depending on how fast I typed.

I joined on a Monday, and by Thursday, I had already spent $800. I had been dragged through conversations where there were discrepancies and differences in communication styles, causing me to end them. Eventually, I came across one guy who I hit it off with, but I was concerned about the mounting cost of credits. I explained my concerns to him, and I was apprehensive that he might be wasting my time. I also pointed out that mobile-savvy people who download the app are not told about the higher packages available on the website version. I only found out about this when I charged my phone and switched to my laptop. The website had a different layout and more options available. I was extremely annoyed and felt that I had wasted valuable time and money at this point.

I asked the guy if we could exchange audio/video clips to show that we were both real and establish a base to build some trust. I was hesitant about paying to speak with him, but he wanted to make sure that we established trust before moving forward. I reluctantly agreed, but only after sending the videos. I said my name, date, and time, even addressing him by name. He sent one video, but it was in Portuguese, even though we had conversed in English and Spanish, both of which I speak.

Having the higher credit option packages, I bought two 1000 credit packages, which were cheaper than the 150 credit packages only available on the phone. After a week of constant chats, the longest of which was 7-8 hours (it was the weekend), plus cute emails (he kept them down knowing I wasn't thrilled about the cost - but he didn't stop sending multiple pictures), and messages during the day, like people getting to know each other do, I suggested that we take it offline and continue going forward as it seemed to have a lot of promise.

Suddenly, he started rushing things, telling me that I should be willing to stay on the app. I restated that being in two different countries, I didn't really see the "danger" in actually speaking via audio/video and exchanging info in order to hear each other's voices. He continued to insist that we should stay on the app to build the relationship and trust. This was contradictory to communicating on different levels like any normal budding relationship, so I wished him luck nicely and cut it off, blocking him from further contact.

Early on, I encountered the same type of statement from a few others, all ready to chat but never go offline, which was weird. I contacted customer service via email and requested the cancellation of my account. I did get a pretty quick response, and I explained why I wanted to cancel (the credits mobile vs website because I feel I overpaid big time and since they asked). I still had less than 400 credits, so I will chat pleasantly with guys around the world who really have no interest in an actual relationship and are not even in my age range because they don't stop contacting you. When the credits are gone, so will my account.

In conclusion, I would advise anyone considering joining Dating.com to think twice. Don't waste your time, and more importantly, your money. I joined this site in hopes of meeting that special person, but unfortunately, I was wrong. This type of structure was supposed to deter the crap, but it didn't. I never received a response from my concerns about overpaying, and I feel that I was taken advantage of.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Stay Away from Dating.com and Amolatina: Terrible Customer Service and No Contact Exchange

I would advise anyone to stay away from dating.com and Amolatina. Unless you have a lot of money to spend and nowhere to spend it, or you are just bored and want to spend tons of money to chat with someone on the site, then go ahead. But be warned, they won't let you exchange contact easily. You can only spend money to talk to people on the site. The customer service is terrible. They either don't respond to you or lie to you. If you ask the same question to different people, you will get different answers. And if you question them, they will say the other person made a mistake.

The service is so expensive, but that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is that you can't exchange contact with the members you are interested in. Only the members you are not interested in can send their private contact to you. I stayed on Amolatina for over two months, and I don't want to tell you how much money I spent because it makes me sick. I met a few interesting people and wanted to exchange contact, but they gave me all kinds of excuses to stop me from doing so. So I canceled my account and signed up for an account on dating.com.

But after I signed up, I found out that Amolatina and dating.com are together. They are the same company and share members' profiles. So I had exactly the same problem with Amolatina again here at dating.com. I contacted customer support, and they told me that video chat and present delivery are the only two ways to exchange contact for all the members. But somehow, I can't do video chat with the members I really want to. The members I am not interested in can invite me to video chat anytime they want. So I decided to do present delivery. I contacted customer support, and they told me that my area doesn't have the service yet (I am living in the US). Then I called back later on, and they told me that my area has the service and asked me to email my address to them. After I emailed my address, they told me that other members can send me presents to exchange contact now, but they didn't put the option in my profile. So I called again, and they told me that I am not qualified for the service because I am not a free membership or popular membership. Are you kidding me? Why didn't they tell me from the beginning?

Then I found a regular member like me who has the option in his profile and sent the screenshot to customer support. They said they couldn't find the member, so they couldn't prove it. It looks like their rules only apply to me. The same thing other members can do, but I am not allowed to do. Some members put their contact in their profile, so I tried too, but the site deleted my contact. Some people can send their contact to me in the regular chat message, but I am not allowed to do that. I sent the screenshot of the member who sent me contact, but I am not interested in him. So I asked customer support, and they told me that because he is a regular member, so do I. I am a regular member too, so why can't I?

I asked customer support, but they didn't answer my question. They just told me to do the video chat again. Then back to being again. Then I had to tell them that I tried for three months and couldn't do video chat. Then they told me to record a video, put my private contact on a piece of paper, and send it to the member. I did, but the member couldn't see my contact. Also, the member sent his contact to me, but when I opened the photo, the contact area was blocked. Obviously, they don't want me to exchange contact. One person told me to send a video, but the site blocked my video. So I called back again, and they told me to request present delivery for me, which I already tried so many times. I had to start over again.

I called customer support every day, so I had to explain what was going on every day. In these two days, they hung up my phone three times. It's been over three months, and I have contacted customer support over three months too just to exchange contact. But my problem still hasn't been solved. I didn't get one person's contact. So do you think the site can't solve my problem, or they don't want to solve my problem? In the past over three months, all I did was contact customer support over and over and explain what was going on over and over.

I am not the person who likes to write reviews on the internet. This is my first time, and I want to share my true experiences with everyone. I just want to exchange contact with members, but in these three months, they tried everything they could and all kinds of excuses to stop me from exchanging contact with other members. I am super disappointed with the customer service and the site.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Cruel Scam That Preys on Your Emotions and Wallet

Dating.com is a site that claims to help you find love, but in reality, it's just a way for them to scam you out of your hard-earned money. They curate members who look like models to talk to you, but these members don't pay anything. Instead, they will send you costly texts, emails, pictures, and videos to make you spend money, and it goes fast. You could spend $100 in just 15 minutes. They are incentivized to entertain you, so you feel like you're talking to someone who is falling in love with you. But it's all a scam.

They will tell you over and over again that you are the most important person in their lives, but it's just a way to create a fictitious bond so you keep spending more money. They won't get off the platform to talk to you for free via phone, WhatsApp, or any other free medium. They will tell you it's because of legal restrictions that don't allow them to get off the site for a few months. But after a few months, when you press for your situation to be defined, they will create stupid arguments and convince you that you're creating them. They will start disengaging, and ultimately will tell you the relationship is not working for them.

They work in groups to not develop a bond with you, and you'll see them connected 24/7. They are struggling models trying to make money on the side. While you might be working hard for your money, they (or Dating.com operators) are working from home, chatting with many members. Remember, your money helps them pay for their lifestyle. They travel a lot and must look good. They are masters at manipulation, storytelling, and salesmanship. Many of them have been on Dating.com for a long time already.

Dating.com doesn't do a pre-screening of all members, but for the ones that want to work for them (curated). Paying members don't get screened, but you almost never will get a message from a paying member, only curated members will be after you, overwhelming you with text, pictures, and video messages. They don't pre-screen the pictures that members post, so sometimes you'll see very explicit, offensive pictures. Keep an eye and report them.

I feel sorry for some of the models as they might not be able to get as many jobs because of the current pandemic, but I also think that they could get a decent and honest part-time job somewhere else instead of helping Dating.com scam people. To me, they are cruel people playing with our feelings. They don't care about you and they are not interested in establishing a relationship with you. They won't see you again in their lives after they get your money!

If they don't want to talk to you off the platform after a few days of chatting, cut them off, block them. Don't help them aid Dating.com scam you or other people. If you're an American, you can report Dating.com with the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center: ic3.gov. In other countries, go to the authorities, go to the press, the TV. Laws need to change regarding these types of scamming companies. This is human cruelty!

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Site Full of Fake Profiles and Scammers

Dating.com is a website that promises to help you find love and companionship, but my experience with it was far from satisfactory. The first thing that struck me was the generic messages that men sent me, using terms like "sweetheart," "love," and "honey." It seemed like they had a pre-written script that they inserted into their messages. Even when I tried to engage them in conversation, their responses were often unrelated to what I had asked them. It was clear that they were not interested in getting to know me as a person.

I also discovered that many of the men on the site were not who they claimed to be. Some of them were using stolen profiles of famous actors and other celebrities. I did some research and found out that the site was using fake profiles to lure women into buying credits. It was a clear case of fraud, and I was appalled that they would stoop so low to make a profit.

Another issue I had with Dating.com was the way they handled my personal information. When I signed up for the site, my profile was automatically shared with other dating sites without my consent. I started receiving spam messages from men on other apps that I had never even heard of. To make matters worse, they also shared my private photos with these other sites, which was a huge violation of my privacy.

In conclusion, I would not recommend Dating.com to anyone looking for a serious relationship. The site is full of fake profiles and scammers, and they are more interested in making money than helping people find love. If you want to find a genuine connection with someone, I suggest looking elsewhere. Don't waste your time and money on this site.

B

Dating.com Dating.com Review: Beware of the Cost and Scammers

I stumbled upon Dating.com by accident and even though I wasn't looking for love or a relationship, I decided to subscribe out of curiosity. As of writing this review, I have been on the site for a year and three months. It didn't take me long to figure out how the site works and I ended up spending over $4000 in just two months. I'm sharing this to warn others that this site can drain your finances if you're not careful.

If you're seriously looking for a real relationship or love and don't have extra money to burn, I wouldn't recommend Dating.com. However, if you do decide to check it out, make sure to read the Terms and Conditions before subscribing and read reviews from other users.

To make the most of your subscription, avoid replying to, reading emails from, or opening photos/videos from popular members as they have a very expensive "price tag" called credits. Instead, manually search for regular members as your subscription will still allow you to talk to them unlimited for the whole duration of your membership even if you don't have credits left. However, be careful as some regular members are also scammers.

Unfortunately, many regular members are not subscribed or already inactive. For men, there are loads of beautiful, decent regular member women on the site, but you'll have to patiently search manually instead of ogling at the profiles of the hot popular member ladies. For women, the quality of regular men members on the site is low, but you may find someone desirable if you don't focus on the "instagrammable" men popular members and dig deeper.

Stick to a budget, set your boundaries, and don't trust everything you see and read, even those verified profiles with blue checkmarks. Don't spend what you can't afford to lose and be cautious, discerning, and realistic. Not everything is as it seems, and not because a profile has a verified checkmark and doesn't appear when you do a reverse image search means it's authentic.

Avoid sending ridiculously priced stickers and be careful when chatting as you may accidentally click and send a sticker, especially when a message pops up encouraging you to send stickers to your "favorite" member. Popular members make excuses when asked to communicate in other platforms, and while you can exchange contacts through sending "expensive gifts or video call," I haven't heard of any regular members who were successful in getting off the site.

It's also BS to read excuses from admin saying they need time to be comfortable enough to get to know you before sharing personal info. When someone is truly interested in you, they will do anything to keep the communication going and would go beyond their comfort zone just to be with you.

Overall, you'll be better off on other dating sites that have lots of real, proven successful matches. Even Tinder, famous for just a hook-up site, can give you better hope on real love and relationships. Save yourself from being broke, broken, disillusioned, and completely losing your trust in love. Other real dating sites take pride in having plenty of true successful matches while Dating.com's pride is their gorgeous, successful, financially stable, passionate "POPULAR MEMBERS."

What I do like about the site is their customer service. The VIP website support is quick to reply and has always resolved my issues. They even give free credits sometimes. So far, they have been respectful and professional in handling complaints and disputes.

Lastly, the popular members are indeed "eye candy"! Hahaha. Just remember that once you input your card/bank details, you can't delete it, and it will auto-subscribe and deduct the monthly subscription fee if you don't cancel your membership. Make sure to follow up on the cancellation of your account or ask your bank to block transactions from the site or cut/change your card/bank account to be sure you won't be charged each month.

In conclusion, I wouldn't recommend Dating.com if you're seriously looking for a real relationship or love and don't have extra money to burn. However, if you do decide to check it out, make sure to read the Terms and Conditions, set your boundaries, and stick to a budget. Be cautious, discerning, and realistic, and don't trust everything you see and read.

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: Fake Profiles, Expensive Chat, and Scams - Avoid at All Costs!

This site is not what it seems. I have been using it for 8 months and I can tell you that most, if not all, of the female profiles are fake. This is not a real dating site, it's just a way for them to take your money.

If you're thinking about joining, ask yourself why you need to be on a dating site in the first place. Have you tried other top 10 dating sites? Do you get hundreds of letters and chat requests every time you log in? If not, then you should stick with the top 10 or avoid online dating altogether.

The site is very expensive and you don't get much for your money. They charge you by the minute for chat and the chat time runs while you wait for the other party to translate your message then write you back. You could spend $15 just writing one note and waiting for the response. If you want to send an emoji from the bottom of the chat window, know that they too are costly. Some might cost you $30 each time you send one and some cost upwards of $2,000 - $4,000, depending upon how you buy credits. The more you buy at once the less they are per credit. And if you want to send your special lady one of their gifts, it will cost you about $300 for a $55 gift basket or you can spend much more on a phone or tablet for your special person/fembot. And they charge you 49 credits to deliver!

The women come up with all sorts of reasons why they can't be on cam, can't exchange personal info, etc. But they will tell you hundreds of times that they love you. Don't believe it for one second. I recommend that you don't chat with anyone that refuses to exchange personal e-mail and phone number within one month. If you don't see them on video they are likely fake. If they refuse to go off site after you've spent thousands chatting on site, they confessed their love for you then dump them, they're fake.

Note that this site pays most women and some men to chat and write to you. They insist that they don't pay the women. But they do pay the agencies that the women belong to and their agencies in turn will compensate certain women to keep men in chat as long as possible and to push you to buy the expensive emoji's for them.

This site has an anti-scam policy but having a policy means nothing if you don't enforce the policy. Their policy allows for a full refund when people try to get gifts or money from you, which most do. But even when you show them the letters or chat proving that these people professing love to you are trying to get you to send them the outrageously expensive emojis, gifts, etc, they still won't refund you. They say, "we don't see enough evidence" even when there are up to 15 points of proof.

This site is for people that have more money than they know what to do with. If all you want to do is spend your money to chat with someone you will never meet, then go ahead and waste your money here. Once you're broke you can join rest of us in a class action lawsuit against these people.

I have filed a formal written complaint with the FBI's Internet Crimes Division and I encourage all of you that know you've been scammed by dating.com to file your own complaint. If everyone that wrote a negative complaint here would file a formal complaint as I've done, the feds will likely act against this company.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Complete Scam - Stay Away and Save Your Money!

I should have read all the negative opinions before signing up, as they all turned out to be true! I suggest that anyone who reads this opinion and is tempted to sign up, learn from someone who already tested it - you will save yourself a LOT of money and frustration! The site is a COMPLETE SCAM: interestingly, the majority of men are doctors (mostly plastic surgeons!), lawyers, or architects. This I could even believe, but then the profiles just started falling apart. I found one man especially interesting (wish I had listened to my initial gut feeling - "too good to be true") - we had a 9hr time difference (California and Europe) and the guy would write in the middle of the night, and when asked about this - tried to convince me that he had a "night project" and that's why he was not sleeping (BTW, he was the owner of the company and apparently had offices across the world, and yet had to do the night shifts - yeah, right!). After a while, I started to "worry" that the poor guy wasn't sleeping at all! Then he "got Covid" and said he was in-and-out of the hospital, that's why he would be offline for extended periods of time - as far as I know, when you have Covid, you need to stay in isolation and not change your whereabouts each day. And when I asked about direct communication, he came up with half-a-dozen excuses why it was not possible. And I confirm that their accounts are handled by 2-3 different people. One day he would quote poetry, the next would write as if English was not even his native language (he is supposed to be American).

I also went to the trouble of reading "positive" reviews about this site, and guess what: at least a few of them were identical, although supposedly written by different "satisfied" customers. By the way, chances are that if anyone has a free membership sponsored by this site (please note the small print under the profiles), they are most likely hired by the website to con people feeling lonely and vulnerable and extort money by encouraging you to buy additional credits - in order to read their "love letters". Isn't that considered fraud and illegal?

STAY AWAY! Don't waste your time and money on this site. It's a complete scam, and you'll only end up feeling frustrated and disappointed. The profiles are fake, and the people behind them are just trying to take advantage of vulnerable individuals who are looking for love and companionship. If you're serious about finding a partner, there are plenty of other dating sites out there that are much more reputable and trustworthy. So, save yourself the trouble and stay far away from Dating.com.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: Sketchy Profiles, Scripted Messages, and Fake Profiles - Not Worth the Money

I gotta say, I'm pretty skeptical about this dating.com site. I mean, I've heard some people say it's great, but then others say it's super sketchy. And honestly, I'm leaning towards the latter.

First of all, have you seen the profiles on there? Like, 90% of them are from foreigners. And the address is supposedly in New York? That just seems fishy to me.

And then there's the guys on there. They all claim to be doctors or business owners, wearing fancy suits and whatnot. But where are all the regular guys? You know, the blue-collar workers and such.

So I decided to sign up for the site myself, just to see what it was all about. And let me tell you, within two minutes of creating my profile, I had over 10 messages. All of them were pretty much the same, just scripted differently. And I hadn't even uploaded a photo or written anything about myself!

But the real kicker was when I signed up for another dating site called "date my age." I had the same experiences there - scripted messages, fake profiles, the whole nine yards. And then when I joined dating.com, somehow all the old messages from "date my age" were in my inbox! I did some digging and found out that both sites are owned by the same company, with the same address and everything.

Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed. I spent $19.99 on this site, hoping to meet someone real. But all I got were robots. I'm definitely going to be asking for my money back and disputing it if I have to. It's just not right to take people's money for something that's not even real.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: Fake Profiles and Strange Messages - Not Worth Your Time or Money

When I first signed up for Dating.com, I was excited to see what kind of people I would meet. I'm 47 and I think I look okay, so I was hoping to find someone who would be a good match for me. However, what I found was a bit disappointing. As soon as I signed up, I started receiving hundreds of messages from people who all looked like models. They all had the same set of pictures - gorgeous portraits, sports, leisure, suits, private yachts/airplanes - and they all seemed to have amazing jobs like owning businesses, having PhDs, being plastic surgeons, or even firefighters. It was all a bit too good to be true.

The messages themselves were also a bit strange. They were all in a kind of broken English that seemed like it had been run through Google Translate. They would say things like "I see you like music a lot" even though I don't, or "Help me choose what to put on my pancakes," "I like romantic movies," "If I pay for your ticket, will you come to my ranch," "I want to spend my life next to you till our hair is grey," "I was chopping onions and used it as an excuse to cry about other things," "I have a chain of hospitals in China and looking for other investment ideas, do you have anything in mind," and a lot of other generic crap. At first, I thought it was funny to see so many idiots in one place, but their replies were so off that I became puzzled.

Then I ran out of my $20 subscription fee in 10 minutes (which I thought was for a month). I was shocked at how quickly it went, and I started to wonder if anyone on the site was actually real. Then one fat and ugly guy asked me if I was a real person, as he thought the wave of messages he received seemed robotic. It was an eye-opener. Hundreds of the most gorgeous men on Earth, all with professionally taken pictures, top professions, some of them could be my sons agewise, texting long crappy greetings that have nothing to do with how people talk or text in real life... I wonder if anybody except the fat ugly one were real...

When I tried to find out how to cancel my subscription, I couldn't find any way to do it. Clicking the button to contact customer service just took me to the main site. I was frustrated and angry, and I decided to call my credit card company to ask for a refund and to block the card from further charges.

Overall, I would say that Dating.com is not worth your time or money. While some people might think it's a great site, I found it to be full of fake profiles and strange messages. If you're looking for a real connection with someone, I would suggest looking elsewhere. Save your money for something better in life.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Warning: Stay Away from this Scam Dating Site - They'll Steal Your Money and Break Your Heart

This site is a total scam! I swear they have people working for them just to keep you on the site so that you spend all your money. I met this guy on there who claimed to be a lawyer and he told me he loved me and wanted to marry me. We talked for about a month, but something just didn't feel right. I asked him to come off the site and talk to me, but he said he didn't have a cell phone. How can a lawyer not have a cell phone? He said he was going to order one, but it never came. He wouldn't even email me, which is weird because if someone loves you and wants to marry you, they should trust you with their email.

I think they have people working on the site to keep you there so they can steal your money. They even want you to buy them gifts! And the worst part is that you have to spend 4000 credits to buy a gift, which is double the amount of what it's worth. And when the gift arrives, it's not even worth the money you spent on it.

I also noticed that there are so many good-looking guys on this website, which is suspicious. They're all begging and clawing to get you to be with them. And they claim to be certified, but that's a bunch of BS. I asked the guy I was talking to for his last name, and when I did a background check on him, there wasn't a single soul in the state of California with that name. There wasn't even a lawyer in the state of California with that name.

I think they have all these products in the office that they work in, and they're just pocketing the money you spend. It's a total scam, and I wouldn't recommend anyone to sign up for this site. You'll just end up losing your money and getting your feelings hurt by someone who claims to love you. It's so wrong to steal money from people and hurt them emotionally. I'm afraid that people might even take their own lives because of this.

I tried to give this person some Jesus advice, but it didn't work. They're just hurting people, and it's so sad. Don't sign up for this site, and don't lose any money like I did.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dating.com Dating.com Review: A Heartless Money-Making Machine with Fake Models and No Regard for Members' Feelings

This dating site, Dating.com, is the absolute worst! It's like they don't care about your feelings at all and just want to take your money, big time! You can chat with models from all over the world who are "verified" by showing their passport, but if you try to contact them outside of the site, they won't respond to your friendship request on Facebook, even if they just professed their love for you on the site! These members are called "free members" and they don't have to pay the mandatory membership fee or a dollar per message.

If you watch videos on YouTube about the people running the east European dating offices, you'll see that pretty women sign up and have their professional photos taken in the same location or house. Then they either run the show themselves or let others do the chatting. These girls are only interested in chatting and having you read their prewritten emails and pictures for $10 per email/picture. They have no intention of ever meeting you in real life. The site even provides them with a list of 100 questions to use for opening remarks to keep the chatting going.

Most of these models are online 24/7, so either they never sleep or they share the work. If you send them long messages, they complain about it. Maybe they get a commission on the traffic they create, but who knows? They'll never tell you because of their contract with the site, and they're extremely loyal to it. They might even be punished if they speak the truth.

If you write something in your profile that the site doesn't like, they'll edit or delete it without telling you. It's like they're trying to control everything you do on the site. It's truly a perfect money machine for what rumors say is probably the Russian mafia.

The worst part is that every time you find out that some of these models are playing with your emotions, it really hurts. But of course, there are no laws against messing with people's emotions. There should be, though!

If you don't cancel your membership within the first month, you'll be automatically recharged the following month. I'm not angry with this site, but I'm really, really hurt. It's like they don't care about their members at all.

Dating.com Customer Reviews Overview

Dating.com is a popular online dating platform that has been connecting singles from all over the world since 1993. With its user-friendly interface and advanced features, it has become a go-to destination for those seeking meaningful relationships or casual dating experiences.

One of the most notable features of Dating.com is its extensive user base, which includes millions of active members from different countries and backgrounds. This makes it easier for users to find compatible matches and connect with people who share similar interests and values.

Another positive aspect of Dating.com is its advanced search tools, which allow users to filter their search results based on various criteria such as age, location, interests, and more. This helps users to narrow down their search and find potential matches that meet their specific preferences.

In addition, Dating.com offers a range of communication tools such as instant messaging, video chat, and email, which make it easier for users to connect with each other and build meaningful relationships. The platform also has a mobile app, which allows users to access their accounts and stay connected on the go.

Overall, Dating.com has received positive reviews from users who have found success in finding compatible matches and building meaningful relationships. Its user-friendly interface, advanced search tools, and communication features make it a top choice for those seeking love and companionship online.

Dating.com In-depth Review

Website Design and User Interface: The design of Dating.com is sleek and modern, making it visually appealing and easy to navigate. The user interface is intuitive, with clear menus and icons that make finding features and profiles a breeze.

Registration Process and Profile Creation: The registration process on Dating.com is straightforward and quick. It only requires basic information and a valid email address. Profile creation is also simple, with options to add photos, write a bio, and specify preferences.

Membership Options and Pricing: Dating.com offers both free and paid membership options. Free members have limited access to features, while paid members enjoy additional benefits such as unlimited messaging and advanced search filters. Pricing is competitive and offers good value for the features provided.

Search and Matching Features: The search and matching features on Dating.com are comprehensive and effective. Users can search for potential matches based on various criteria, such as age, location, and interests. The matching algorithm also suggests compatible profiles based on user preferences.

Communication Tools and Messaging System: Dating.com provides a range of communication tools to facilitate connections between members. These include instant messaging, video chat, and virtual gifts. The messaging system is user-friendly and allows for seamless communication.

Safety and Security Measures: Dating.com prioritizes the safety and security of its users. The website employs strict verification processes to ensure the authenticity of profiles. Additionally, there are privacy settings and reporting mechanisms in place to address any concerns or issues.

Mobile App Experience: Dating.com offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app provides a seamless and convenient user experience, allowing members to access their profiles and interact with others on the go.

Customer Support and Assistance: Dating.com offers reliable customer support and assistance. They have a dedicated support team available 24/7 to address any queries or concerns. The response time is prompt, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful.

Success Stories and Testimonials: Dating.com features success stories and testimonials from couples who have found love through the platform. These stories serve as inspiration and reassurance for users seeking meaningful connections.

Additional Features and Services: Dating.com offers additional features and services to enhance the user experience. These include virtual dating events, personalized matchmaking, and a blog with dating tips and advice.

Overall User Experience and Satisfaction: The overall user experience on Dating.com is highly satisfactory. The website's design, features, and user-friendly interface contribute to a positive and enjoyable dating experience.

Pros and Cons of Using Dating.com: Pros of using Dating.com include a modern design, comprehensive search features, and a range of communication tools. However, a potential con is that some advanced features are only available to paid members.

Comparison with Competitors: Compared to its competitors, Dating.com stands out for its user-friendly interface, extensive search options, and reliable customer support. It offers a well-rounded dating experience that caters to a wide range of preferences.

Final Verdict and Recommendation: Dating.com is a top-notch dating website that offers a user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, and a safe environment for finding meaningful connections. Whether you're new to online dating or a seasoned user, Dating.com is highly recommended for its overall quality and positive user experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Dating.com contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Dating.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dating.com Customer Service. Initial Dating.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dating.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dating.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Dating.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.