Yahoo! Small Businesscharge my card after cancellation, refused to refund

Yahoo! Small Business
smallbusiness.yahoo.com

As the owner of the web domain www.knowmyproduct.com http://www.knowmyproduct.com I was very disappointed when after calling Yahoo to cancel this name registration they ran my credit card four months later for another year. When I called to speak with them they were so nice they canceled my service right away. BUT THEY REFUSED TO REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY. So I asked the girl to speak with a supervisor and she hung up on me. The reason I used a service like Yahoo was that their brand recognition meant something to me. It meant that I could trust them. I could not have been more wrong. Instead of knowing my product I guess I should know my hosting companies reputation. Check it out and you will find it is not so great. I would not do business with Yahoo again!

• Al
    Alex Lielbardis Jul 22, 2018

I'm still waiting for my refund after closing my Basic Plan account on May 29 during the 30 day grace period. Since then, I've twice spoken to Customer Service and Billing only to receive email confirmations that the refund has been issued and it should take 3-5 days to process. Today is July 22, and still no refund. My bank has temporarily credited me the owed amount and is currently investigating the issue. Moreover, as required, I called Customer Service on July 17 to cancel my monthly Web Hosting Plan (insufficient customisation tools and ease of access) to avoid the July 19 charge. I was assured by the agent that the plan had been cancelled and it would take up to 48 hours to complete. I was also assured in reply to my question that I wouldn't be charged on the 19th, but the debit did appear in my VISA statement. Finally, I have received no written cancellation confirmation from YSB (Abaco) which I need to file a dispute claim for any subsequent charges with my bank. I will call YSB again tomorrow. I only hope I don't have to cancel my credit card and get a new one to keep the hands of YSB out of my cookie jar. Avoid this web hosting site at all costs.

Jan108 Jun 06, 2018

Yahoo domain registration and hosting is a major scam. If your domain is with Yahoo, move it now before they hold it hostage. Without control of your domain you have nothing. I paid them for a plan that included 5 years of hosting, email and domain registration. With about 8 months to go on the plan I received a notice from Goolge Adwords that my domain was down. Contacted Yahoo which is now in India and has been purchased by Verizon, In broken English they kept repeating that I had to put a credit card on file to activate the service and be able to move the domain. After a couple of days and many hours of my time I gave them the card to get my domain released. They billed it for another 5 years but did not provide domain registration, email does not work and hosting was up and down. I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. Stay away from Yahoo web hosting and domain registration, it is a scam and they will commit fraud. Don't waste your time arguing with them, give one call when they say no that is enough for you to dispute the charge on your credit card.
    If they held your domain hostage contact Icannn to get this company banned, it is powered by Tucows as Yahoo doesn't have the ability to register a domain. I did contact Tucows they did not provide any help, said if Yahoo was saying I owed money the domain could not be released.

• Mi
    mikes12 Feb 17, 2017

I have problems too . error code E-2001

• Ta
    TammyKing Jan 15, 2017

We are unable to accept your order. Please contact us at [protected] and mention error code E-2001 for further assistance.

I does not pay for hosting, tell me what is it then ??

• Mu
    Murad Fayed Apr 04, 2015

I have a problem with Yahoo Email hosting as i was trying to recreate email account they are saying you can't as recreate it as per Yahoo policy and that policy was not communicated with us i checked all the emails and even when you delete your email account message says you can recreate that email id again, It's very strange that you can't control your own email domain accounts for me it's big scam as how come i can't control my email domain I'm really considering canceling my account with Yahoo after been using it for more than 6 years.

• Gu
    guyg Feb 19, 2015

I have been with yahoo small business web hosting, the most expensive plan, for over 10 years. Over the last 12-18 months they have totally stopped providing even low-quality customer service. I have sent over 5 requests for services to be restored and they have blamed me each time stating that it is just not their fault. Yet, I still cannot update my links, clean out or download my files, etc. And they still fail to reply or repair the problems. I guess its because I am disabled and do not count for anything, just a second rate throwaway. It took six emails and numerous screenshots just to give me access to my domain manager. Each email they repeatedly told me to go to some link I did not even have. I am unable to call on a phone, (no TTY or VCO) because I cannot hear so they do not provide assistance to the deaf or disabled. They claim to provide help in English only yet I am still waiting for a reply that uses English properly and understandable and each reply is simply a copy&paste from one of their horribly outdated help pages, which each of us has probably already memorized, and never addressing the real issues. They do not even allow me to change or edit my payment info either so I will have to holler fraud too when they take money not authorized after I can get my files and leave. I guess the only way to keep a customer is to steal from them instead of providing services that actually work. Several years ago I never though about finding another provider, in the last year though I have visited over 20 other providers looking for what I need, taking them for a trial run, etc. I have decided to leave but now they will not allow me access to even download my own files. I have attempted to access files via FTP over 1000 times in the last tow days and will get to the top or second directory just to be cut off if I try to download them.

• Ka
    Katherine2792 Apr 18, 2014

This happened to me today, I got a small business account then saw the poor themes they have and thinking that (as every LEGIT SERIOUS BUSINESS would do) they will refund me my money I decided to cancel, only to find out that I have given them my money for nothing because they win't refund me. Like WTF? You can't just expect for someone to choose your service if you do not refund the money when the merchant realises that your service might not be right for him, that is a total scam! Every web hosting site gives refunds! Yahoo SUCKS big time, will never make business wiyh them again.

• Zp
    zpod Mar 07, 2014

I was at https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/ to sign up for a new domain name and webhosting but I had some very critical questions to ask and on the page was a phone number for sales [protected] I called that and was on hold for an hour, I listened to the same musical tune over and over again with a recording verifying that it was yahoo. I realized that if sales isn't even available it tells me a lot about perhaps a non existent customer service. I expected more, much more from a company like Yahoo. I then searched elsewhere and found another yahoo phone number [protected] to tell somebody that there is something wrong with the other phone number, that it just goes off to an un-manned call center. But the second number I called had no operator and the recording suggested that I call another number. so I called the third number and the recording at that number said things that made absolutely no sense at all and I was flabbergasted so I just hung up. What a loser company.

• Br
    Brinix Dec 11, 2013

I had the exact same experience as everyone else. It's very hard to get hold of a person to talk to, the hold is usually over 45 minutes. When communicating through emails, it's always "we will call you back", but it _never_ happened. Most of the support staff are probably from a different country. They charge no matter what and you will never get a refund.

I have to say their customer service is the among the worst. Years ago I had the same bad experience with D-Link customer service (rude, hanging up on me) and never bought any D-Link products since, I don't think I will buy anything from Yahoo again.

Jake Powers Dec 07, 2013

I hate yahoo small business.

I was charged 145 dollars after being charged for months for the amount lower than 20 dollars. I have called yahoo small business multiple times. On hold for 30 minutes - then 45 minutes - then currently and still counting on hold for an hour and 25 minutes. They have by far the worst customer service and the worse service in general. They should be removed from being aloud to offer any type of service - even their sh*tty search.

• Gr
    GRS44 Dec 30, 2011

This seems to be a common Yahoo problem, and I just had the same experience. Cancelled two sites, and one keeps showing up for renewal. They just now cancelled it, but of course said it was open, so they could not reimburse me for about $10 for that time. The website was transferred, not used at Yahoo, they see that it was transferred, but won't refund the additional $10. I moved because the service was not good, did not support WordPress, and was expensive. Never, ever use Yahoo small business services.

SangeetKr Gupta Dec 17, 2011

yes yahoo entangles you
    and you cannot come out

that is very very bad
    they dont allow any option to come out
    they continue billing you

sangeet gupta, india
    www.erpsoftwares.in ( my old site, that i want to close )

rooncea Nov 12, 2011

I just cancelled my services. No refund of course, even though I cancelled due to these poor customer service, to put it mildly. The good thing is that there is an invalid card on file so there is nothing to charge. What a nightmare experience. They seem to have things rigged so it is impossible to transfer your domain. Their code listed on the domain panel is not configured correctly. Their proxy server for private account, myprivacy, refuses to respond to my questioning why they are not initiating the domain transfer. Yahoo customer service gives vague answers and ignores bigger problems. Do not use Yahoo Small Business. There are better domain hosters and web servers. Yahoo does not care about you. I have an even worst story to post and hope to get this up soon.

• Lg
    LGossettDesign Oct 14, 2011

I just had the same thing happen to me. I canceled the account 6 weeks ago and yet my card was charged. I called customer service and they canceled the account but would not reimburse me for the charges. I have since filed a claim with the bank for reimbursement. Never ever again will I use yahoo for anything. I also needed to cancel my card so that there is no chance in hell that they ever charge me again.

• Ig
    iGuru Sep 09, 2011

They did the same with me today in India. They promises me to refund. My fingers crossed. We all chant for the Yahoo's demise. Nonsense Company.

Robert45 Jun 27, 2011

Yahoo small business/hosting service registrar is a real scam. Where can I go to complain? I cancelled my site before expire date when I have transferred my domain to a better, more reasonable priced registrar (GoDaddy) and after a while when I have checked my credit card statement I have noticed that Yahoo Small Business has charged for my domain hosting again for the next year. The amount charged was $41.05 on 26 March. 2011.
    I could not even contact them with complains as Yahoo has removed email contact links re: servicing or complains. What a scam!!! Do not do any business with this company.
    Robert
    my email: [email protected]
    PS.
    the domain transfer initialized on 23 March, 2011 :
    immaculator.com

• Tw
    tw11 Mar 21, 2011

I had the same experience today. I cancelled my plan two months ago and was still charged. I called and after asking to speak with a supervisor, was told by the that they could give me a partial refund. I asked again to speak with the supervisor and the rep told me that he would not let me speak to a supervisor "and that's the end of that." I laughed at him and let him know that this was just the beginning. I'm a marketing consultant and usually advise my clients to purchase their domains through Yahoo. I will never do that again. The rep also told me that I was costing them money by calling. That's laughable - like they did me a favor by accepting my business. I thought they were a better company (in terms of service). Glad I had this experience so I can spread the word about their lousy customer service.

Roy St Jan 10, 2011

I cannot believe that Yahoo did the same thing to me. After transferring my account to GoDaddy, using the Yahoo small business hosting site, they also charged my account for another year. Nowhere on their site, does it say anything about contacting them to cancell. Anyone would assume that transferring the site is the same as cancelling it, but not in the YAHOO world. I can only wish for their demise as they continue to lose market share.

When I spoke to someone at Yahoo, they told me that the cancel clause was in the original terms and conditions from 5 years ago, when I first signed up.

5 Years ago. Who in hell remembers the small print from 5 years ago. What a joke this company has become. They deserve all the bad publicity they get.

• Sc
    S called Sep 12, 2010

Yahoo small business is a scam. I dont even know how I got set up for it. I called to cancel and they cancelled but charged me for the next year, which I dont even have the next year service. I also asked for a Supervisor and never had a return call.

I turned them over to the fraud department of my bank. My bank contacted them and then I got a call from a Supervisor. Although a supervisor called me 3 weeks later, he refused to credit my account. My bank credited my account the charge and advised me to cancel my credit card and they issued me a new one. My bank continues to pursue how they could charge me for a service I no longer have.

Report them to your bank and they will investigate it for you. YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS IS A SCAM!

• Sh
    Shahid123 Sep 04, 2010

Yahoo! is one of the best service provider in the global. I would like to do business only with Yahoo! India, Yahoo! is great service provider.

• Ha
    hateYahoo Aug 04, 2010

I just have the same horrible experience with Yahoo. I cancelled my domain name registration a year ago in 2009, but in 2010 my card is charged again for nearly $40. I called and called and called, and finally the sweet guy told me he cannot refund any money, though yes, the service is cancelled. WTF???
    It is Yahoo fraud, and I totally hate doing the business with them. I am committed taking this claim to small claim court and have them pay this charge.

• Fy
    fyahoo Apr 10, 2017

@hateYahoo I have gone through this every year with Yahoo. They say it is cancelled but bill every year. I have transfered everything over to Go Daddy back in 2014 and I am still being charged by Yahoo. I would like to get a class action law suit going. I have heard of to many people they keep doing this to.

• Ki
    kimberly Mar 15, 2009

Yahoo just charged me $111.94 ! I signed up for website hosting and thought I would be paying 8 or 9 bucks a month for 12 months. I looked at the site designs and really just changed my mind. I cancelled after about 10 minutes or so. I never created the site nor do I even have access to a site. But they chraged my debit card $111.94. I tried to contact them but can not get help! I am so upset. I am out of work, babysitting to buy the basics and just do not have the money. I feel so cheated!

Rodolfo Fierro Mar 10, 2009

I have never had a customer find me with a Yahoo Search. I am on page eight if you do a search with Yahoo. On Google I am listed on the first page! I have been using Yahoo Small Business for six months and they have been billing me every three months. I want to dump Yahoo because of their exclusion of me in searches, but how do I change services without loosing my site ? American Express will take care of their billing practices.

• Er
    Ervan Erfian Feb 27, 2009

Same case with me.. I got the double billing $35.85 on Jan 07 2009 & Feb 22 2009. I can't cancel or change via Business Control Panel.. at the end process is: "Order Cancelled Sorry, we've experienced a problem with our network that has prevented us from completing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. For immediate assistance, please contact our sales team at [protected] (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. PST). Please click "Done" to return to Yahoo! Small Business." So.. I called many time to [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] until my account can be canceled, but they refused to give me a refund. OMG.. What the hell is this??

• Ah
    Ahmed Jul 25, 2008

yes they did the same for me, i had an account on small business, which had a domain, i moved the domain to godaddy.com and the account has nothing, but they renewed there service charging 34 $ for nothing, just like that, i called them, they closed the account but they refused to give me a refund, and the support guy hanged at me at last
    this is yahoo!!!

john Jan 19, 2008

Yes, that is why I switched from Yahoo Small Business to www.FastHostSolutions.com and never had a problem again. Finding a fair and affordable hosting company with all the features you need for business are important. You cant just trust the big companies such as Yahoo, you need to find the right solutions that can be trusted and I did!

Mary Steele Jul 24, 2007

It takes 3 days to get a technical problem resolved and I had to subscribe to another service in order to keep from losing incoming emails. They then refused to reimburse me for the cost of the new service. This lack of professionalism cost them, I took my email and new website business SOMEWHERE ELSE.