Having problems with Whataburger?

Whataburger reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 6, 2008. The latest review Buffalo chicken sandwich and BBQ chicken sandwich was posted on May 12, 2021. The latest complaint service was resolved on Sep 08, 2018. Whataburger has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 395 reviews. Whataburger has resolved 10 complaints.

Whataburger Customer Service Contacts

+1 210 476 6000 (Head Office)
+1 210 496 4000 (San Antonio)
300 Concord Plaza Dr.

San Antonio
1077 Central Pkwy South, Suite 900, San Antonio, TX 78232

Irving

4040 West Royal Lane, Suite 126, Irving, TX 75063

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whataburger Customer Service. Initial Whataburger complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whataburger above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whataburger. Discuss the issues you have had with Whataburger and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Whataburger Complaints & Reviews

Whataburgerwork environment

The store is ran by manager that is childish and plays favoritism. Nika Brown is the worst manager I've ever had. She picks and chooses who gets wrote up for the same offense. She's all me to use expired meat and bread. The store only runs correctly when Charles comes by. A team member named Shay has a horrible attitude with team members. She's bullies people eats on the line and steals food but never gets written up. She's spends a fair amount of time in the office gossiping with niqa. Other team member think they're in a relationship. No wonder their always short of people and their quiting for these above reason, but most are scared to lose their jobs. Honestly she has no control over her mangers or the store. She sees most things and turns her head until Charles pops up. The few team members left feel this way and are ready to walk out. I'm not expecting anything to happen cause it's been like this for awhile seemingly.

Whataburgerbreakfast

When will Whataburger move into the 20th century, never mind the 21st. I'm ready for breakfast to be served 24hrs. When I go in the morning before 11, I am served after 11. When I go 11pm, I am served after 11. I went in 5 mins before 11pm, was told they do not serve before 11. The line was at least 15 mins long. I get out of line and wait until 11, go back, place my order, it takes 15 mins to get the food. This makes no sense to me that they could not take my order at 5 mins til 11 so I could get it 10 mins after. I love the BOBs, I have been a loyal customer for 40 years, but I am ready to find a competitor.

Whataburgerthe drive through employee

I ordered through the drive-through and the employee that was working was very rude. Rude as if she did not want us to take time for our order and rushed us while we was trying to tell us her order. I really know for a fact being that I own a dental practice that she should not be allowed to do any customer service .
      https://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1MDAPLA_enUS643US643&ctzn=America/Chicago&apps=ma, yt&biw=375&hl=en&channel=iss&client=mobilesearchapp&v=74.0.[protected]&vpa=2&wf=pp1&gsawvi=1&gs_lp=Eg1pcGhvbmVhcHAyLXBiGgIYACIMd2hhdGFidXJnZXIgKg4IAhAAGIMBGBQYhwIoATIICAAQIxgnKAEyDggBEAAYgwEYFBiHAigBMg4IAhAAGIMBGBQYhwIoATIJCAMQABiDASgBMgYIBBAAKAEyBggFEAAoAUi2IVCyB1j0EpgB7wKgAdcVqgEFMi03ajO4AQHoAQGAAoOWLZACB5gCA6gCALACAMICBhAAGEcoAdICJEFEODREMTgyLTg0MjAtNDkzMS1CNTM1LUVGMERDNDJERUYyRqADxQTAAwPiAwQIChgA4gMECAsYAOIDBAgMGADKBAIYAIIFBAgAEAA%3D&bih=768&ntyp=20&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x8890bdd7b85d2fcb:0x699bca842f9ccff6&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Whataburgerwrong order

My pregnant wife goes out to get food for us because my 10mo old baby is sleeping on me. She gets back after 30-45 minutes. She ordered me a #2 like I always get. The burger is cold, it has 1 patty instead of 2 and to top it all off the fries are the bottom of the barrel dregs that should have been thrown away. Having been a manager in fast food myself, I know exactly how long certain items are good for before you throw out the old product. This is outrageously unacceptable! I have to nuke my food because it's cold, on top of being wrong! Honestly I should not have had to pay for this at all. But I did, it is over with. I expect a member of management to get in contact with me about this. I am a very upset customer.

General Manager: Lauren Bunch
        Location: 1134 Pat Booker Rd. Universal City, TX 78148
        Order: 564935
        Cashier: Tamara R.

Whataburgerwhataburger

This Whataburger is the worst one ever. We waited in the drive thru line 28 mins. There where several cars behind me so mad they left. A lady went inside to collect her money. All the manger said was ask for me next time you come and I'll give you a meal. Are you serious??? What he needs to do is know how to manage! They need major help! This is the Whataburger off Broadhead St. Waxahachie TX! Will never go back there again! Also no napkins, ketchup anything I asked for.

Whataburgereverything

Store 838
            order 218871
            5/31 9:02am

We ordered 1 cheeseburger and a grilled chicken patty ( not the sandwich, just the patty). It took 18 minutes to get our food then the cheeseburger didnt have cheese on it. We sent it back and the guy in a kakhi shirt yelled across the dining area to (alyssa) waitress "it doesnt have cheese they can pay". I politely told Alyssa it was a cheeseburger it comes with cheese and she took it back. Alyssa was the only one who was nice and professional. The jerk in kakhi shirt needs to go he yelled at multiple employees and there was not a rush at this time it was uncalled for. As we were leaving another employee ( heavy set black lady with red dreds) had her hand down the back of her pants in her butt while standing at the register. We will never return to Friendswood tx whataburger

Whataburgerproduct and service

The past few times I have gone to whataburger was absolutely terrible! They've gotten my order wrong countless times! I went inside once and the place was an absolute disaster! The place was dirty and wasn't stocked they were out of the teas. It's like they just don't care. The workers are rude. They were always out of condiments and sodas. Will not be going back.

Whataburgercoffee

I was there this morning .. I have a receipt if you need it, , the expressway in Harlingen by expressway location next to a pawn shop .. the girl at the window gave me the two coffees I ordered but she forgot which was decaf and which was regular ... she wanted me to take the kids off because apparently she " can tell by looking " I told her to forget it and she didn't even offer to change out the coffees just stood there all unsure of herself .. my husband can't have regular coffee beachside of a heart condition and this girl did not understand or care .. it was a very frustrating morning and did not get fixed .. I threw them both and just made it at home .. I usually looov your stores especially that it's my favorite place to get coffee ( Starbucks is overrated ) but come on even getting coffee wrong was so frustrating

Whataburgerfish sandwich

I went to Whataburger Boca Chica Brownsville TX. And ordered a fish combo to dine in. I work the night shift so I went around 5:30am. There was nobody else at the store so my meal was made to order. As soon as I bit into the sandwich I burnt my mouth and spit the sandwich out. The scorching hot oil burned the inside of my mouth. 2 days later and I still have sores and trouble eating. I had no idea it was going to be so hot. You need to put some sort of warning because that is ridiculous hot or let the fish cool a bit before serving it to customer.

fish sandwich
                  fish sandwich

Whataburgerbiscuit & gravy

Store #511 May 25, 2019 7:37.35 AM Drive Thru Order # 307976
                    Ordered biscuit and gravy, among other items. Got to work - gravy only, no biscuit. Surely this cannot happen by accident. This must have been very funny to the person filling the order. Called Manager (think Jesus, not sure because of language barrier) Polite, but obviously not trained to manage. Didn't ask for order #, time, drive thru or in store.
                    I stop at Whataburger almost every morning on the way to work. I am going to do something different going forward. I will not be returning to that store

• Ba
                        basefistrotten May 25, 2019

Most likely an accident. Stop pretending you were a loyal customer if you refuse to return after one small MISTAKE.

May 25, 2019

Whataburger — food and wait

Store #832 With no one in front of us we waited for over twenty minutes for two jr cheeseburgers which would...

May 23, 2019

Whataburger — horrible

First off I placed an order through the drive-through. Not once, not twice, but the third time. He attended...

Whataburgerproduct/service complaints

I visited the Whataburger in Lytle Texas Friday which is my favorite burger place & it was extremely busy. Which I understand being it's a Friday. Which isn't my complain. There was no place to sit what so ever so we took our food to go. Once we arrived home we started eating our food and that's when we realized when we bite into them that my husband's buffalo ranch chicken burger had so much ranch it squirted on his shirt, he had to scrap some off of it because it was just falling on his shirt when he would bite it and when I bite my double meat cheeseburger it had so much mustard that the bread tore apart from it getting soggy from over kill of mustard. I feel since it was so busy the person preparing our food was just rushing to get the food out and didn't realized it was just so much of it. We love our Whataburger but they were just so so messy & not as enjoyable as it always is!! Thanks, sincerely Norma

• Updated by Norma Felan · May 21, 2019

Went to Whataburger Friday and it was so busy that they had no seats available so we had to take our food to go. It was so busy that who ever prepared our food didn’t do a good job! My husbands buffalo ranch chicken sandwich had so much dressing on it every time he bite it some would squirt out on to his shirt and my double meat cheeseburger had so much mustard that my bun was so soggy and tore apart. Making it such a messy meal. Never experienced such an off day like that! They still need to take there time when preparing our food even though it’s that busy or it’s not going to be it’s usual delicious dining out experience!!

Whataburgerdrive thru at restaurant #345 3501 alta, mesa fort worth tx 76133

At 11:09 am on [protected], I entered the drive thru at this location with only one car in front of me...When I got to the window I was told to move around behind the first car and they would bring my order to me. Subsequently two more vehicles were stacked behind me. During the 15 MINUTES I spent waiting for my order...several walk ins had been served. Needless to say I was becoming more and more frustrated as in this amount of time I could have driven home and made my own burger. FAST FOOD it was not. When one of the appeared to be asst. managers started to bring out the food, I was leaving my car and informed him that we had
                        been waiting 15 minutes for our orders. The person fourth in line got their order first and when they finally brought mine out they were trying to give it to the wrong customer. Maybe if they would let customers wait at the window, there would be less confusion. Needless to say also that my food was cold, and cold French fries are not very delectable. The sorry for the delay and have a nice day seemed to be something they felt they needed to say and not very sincere. This location is giving Whataburger a bad rep. and I personally will never eat at this location again.

May 14, 2019

Whataburger — drive thru food

I went to Whataburger expecting the normal long wait bit usually always its worth the wait. Not this time...

Whataburgerlady at drive-thru service in kyle, texas

My daughter and I went yesterday to the Whataburger in Kyle, Texas. We ordered a #13 with a powerade. This is how it went down.
                          Lady at window: Here is your order. Have a great day.
                          Me: I waved to her thru the window to get her attention but she kept ignoring me so I honked.
                          Lady: Did you need anything else?
                          Me: No, but you forgot my drink.
                          Lady: It's coming.
                          Me: I thought you were done because you said "have a great day" and closed the window.
                          Lady: Here is your drink with an attitude.
                          Me: As I got the drink and gave it to my daughter, it was leaking. My daughter noticed the cup was cracked and it spilled all over my purse. My granddaughter found ice cubes inside my purse and started to clean out my purse. It is a Michael Kors purse and everything including my purse is RUINED.
                          I then went inside to complain and all the lady at the counter did was give me wipies and a new drink.
                          REALLY?!!! I am so FREAKIN MAD!!!

Whataburgerunprofessional service

I just went through the drive through at the whataburger in Amarillo on Hollywood road and the "supervisor" by the name of Breanna working the window left the window slightly opened and I head the women inside make the statement in Spanish the snow came in on this one at the window with her big coat. I was wearing a large coat because I currently have a medical condition that makes it hard for me to regulate my temperature. It was very rude and unprofessional for them to make fun of me and assume I wouldn't know what they were saying. I called the location and spoke with the manager breanna and she stated no such comments were made!! That I'm itself made me furious because I am not deaf I heard them make those statements and laugh!! I was going to tell breanna in person but she handed me the food and closed the window before I even had the chance to say a word. No thank you or asked if I wanted ketchup. She just closed it and went on taking more orders so I called and I feel like she was very dismissive and Instead passed me on to a second supervisor by the name of Gloria. She was more professional and stayed she pulls look into the matter but was very quick to get me off the phone. I am very disappointed and angry with my service today. I am a loyal customer but you lost my business today and I understand that one persons money doesn't make a difference in the bottom line of your business but it does to the credibility of your claim of serving your customers with respect.

Whataburgermy whole breakfast

I ordered a breakfast platter my eggs were salty and my hash browns were very greasy biscuit was hard bacon was good I have high blood pressure I had to throw my food away cause I could not eat it. You need to not put salt on food without asking and make sure food is done right . I hope this problem will get resolved . I am very upset I had to waste my money

jamie newburn Nov 07, 2020

Protocol is that the eggs get seasoning in the cooking, if you want eggs without salt, you need to them 'no salt'...
                                  When I was on grill, I however broke the rules and didn't season the eggs in the cooking process, because of the number of requests I had for 'no salt'...
                                  ...
                                  But also with high blood pressure, I sure your doctor has told you to stay away from these foods anyways, but a treat once in a while is understandable

Whataburgerdelivery time on order

I have tried on several occasions to give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt, but I have never been more frustrated about the amount of time it takes to get an order out at the Moore, OK location. Morning, evening, drive through and walk in are all the same. It took 15 minutes the last 2 times I went. Not busy times, I ordered 2 chicken biscuits both times. How do they not have multiple ones ready for the morning time? How does it take so long to get an order out? Why? Mornings are when people are rushing to get to work, and usually don't have a lot of extra time and is why they go to a fast food restaurant to get their food, because it is suppose to be fast. This is not something new, nor am I the only one who is frustrated with the service there. I hope you will take the time to do a little bit of an audit on this location and see what you find as to why they are so delayed in getting food out to their customers.

Whataburgerwrong food

I go to location on ave q and 50th in lubbock tx all the time it was one of our favorite spots to go but for months now my order is never correct my husband will have right food but my food its self is always incorrect we spend good money at location for us to always have to eat separte due to incorrect orders it ridiculous so today im going foward to you hopefully something will change