Wendy'sunethical behavior

K

Incident date 10/3/2018

You have a manager, Matt, who was very unethical with me as a customer today.

I was in the car with my son, who is one of your employees. I asked could my son use his discount. The young lady who took the order stated she had to ask the manager. The manager, Matt, came to the window and was totally oblivious to me, but looked at my son and started yelling, No you can't use your discount because it has to be 30 minutes before or after your shift?? you also can't use it through the drive thru?? and also, I am not giving you a discount on all of this food! I just won't do it!" I interrupted him to let him know I was ordering the food and there was no need to speak to my son like that! He stormed off, but I was very frustrated as he was oblivious to the person who asked the question and the driver, me. He was speaking over me! I asked one of the workers did they have a customer complaint number and she stated, NO I don't know it, sorry, .. it may be on the back of your receipt?? Apparently this is a typical behavior for this manager as I and people in my neighborhood go here alot and have the same complaints.

Resolution

Training on customer service and the importance, delivery and recovery of the customer. He seems to be very stressed and customer service is stressful but the way you express yourself, especially among your clients, can be detrimental for business.

• Om
    Omeomya Oct 03, 2018

Perhaps he was upset because your son KNOWS the rules related to his staff discount (which presumably is only to be used while at work or just before/after a shift and ONLY for himself - not to feed everyone he knows) You were trying to use your son's discount NOT your son, which again is something your son likely knows is against the rules. Of COURSE he was speaking to your son, he was the one with the discount, not you. You should not have put your son in that position.