Wendy'sgreat fries ruined by way too much salt!!! -

G

Wendy's is the only place I buy my French Fries. Even if I buy the rest of my meal somewhere else, I always stop at Wendy's to get my fries.

Today, I stopped at Wendy's and went inside to order my fries. I was told they were just being made. I like that, that means they are going to be nice and hot. This Wendy's ALWAYS has nice hot fries, they really are the bestest!

Anyway, I got my order to go and the bag was steaming hot.

However, those great fries that I'm so used to, were completely ruined by so much salt that they put on them. Now, I have always been one that salts everything, so for me to say something was too salty is really a surprise to others.

After eating just a few fries, my tongue and the roof of my mouth were actually sore and felt raw. My Dad sat down to eat his and he had the same problem. I was so disappointed because they were so fresh and hot and just enough crispiness on the outside yet hot and soft on the inside, which is the way I would describe the PERFECT Fry! I tried to ignore the salt for as long as I could. Then, I even took my fingers and rubbed the salt off each fry before I ate them. It was really hard for me to just throw them away, because as I said, they were cooked so perfectly...but the salt was just too much to handle.

I don't know if one employee salted them, then maybe another came along and salted them, not knowing they were already salted...but why-o-why would you ruin such a beautiful, perfectly cooked fry like that? WHY??? WHY??? WHY???? My Dad and I just couldn't finish them because our mouth and tongue were so sore. It's now been about two hours since I ate them and the inside of my upper lip feels a bit swollen.

I hate to write a compliant because this Wendy's location have always served perfect food for as long as I've been going there...but I just needed to bring this to their attention.

Yeah, I'll still go there and yeah, I'll still buy my fries there, hoping this was just a one time thing.

• raven2010 Jul 24, 2012

Those fresh cut fries at Wendy's are pretty good. But to much salt can ruin fries. I would of prob taken it back and asked them for a new batch.

• Ef
    Efllkin Jul 24, 2012

You're whining over some frenchfries you felt we're too salty. Get over yourself!!!

• SKOR Jul 24, 2012

They may have been heavily salted, but I suspect there was something else wrong with them.
    From their website: <i>Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following oils: canola, soybean, cottonseed, sunflower, corn), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (to maintain natural color). Cooked in Vegetable Oil (soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor [vegetable], citric acid [preservative], dimethylpolysiloxane [anti-foaming agent]). Cooked in the same oil as menu items that contain Wheat, Egg, Milk, and Fish (where available). Seasoned with Sea Salt.</i>

The Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate does not sound good...from the MSDS:
    <i>Physical Appearance and Odor:
    white crystalline or powder solid, odorless.
    Warning Statements:
    WARNING!! CAUSES SKIN AND EYE IRRITATION. MAY CAUSE RESPIRATORY TRACT IRRITATION.
    B. POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS:
    Acute Eye:
    Irritant. Can cause redness, irritation, tissue destruction, on prolonged contact.
    Acute Skin:
    Low acute dermal toxicity. Slightly irritating. May cause redness, irritation.</i>

• Brenda* Jul 24, 2012

It won't be brought to their attention by posting here.

• *littleshorty* Jul 25, 2012

The location I usually frequent, the fries grew too salty there after they changed to using sea salt. Can't eat them any longer as they are way too salty to eat every time. Evidently they thought sea salt wasn't as potent as regular table salt and started using even more. I've used sea salt for years at home and it works the same as any regular table salt and you don't need more just because it is sea salt. In my opinion however nothing beats McDonald's fries for taste.