Having problems with Webroot?

Webroot Customer Service Contacts

1800 772 9383 (Head Office)
1800 303 386 (Ireland)
+1 303 442 3813 (Head Office)
+1 800 870 8102 (Business Customers)
+1 866 254 8400 (Business Customers, Sales)
+1 858 652 4800 (BrightCloud)
+1 650 292 6600 (San Jose, CA)
+1 858 652 4470 (San Diego, CA)
+44 203 349 2399 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 307 604 (Ireland)
+61 280 711 900 (Australia)
385 Interlocken Crescent, Suite 800

4655 Executive Drive, Suite 500, San Diego, CA 92121

United Kingdom
24 Orient Way, Derby DE24 8BY, United Kingdom

Australia
Zenith Center - Tower A, Level 14, 821 Pacific Highway Chatswood, NSW, Australia, 2067

Austria
Am Winterhafen 13, 2nd Floor, Linz, Austria, 4020

Japan
3-13-18, Minami Aoyama Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062, 313 Minami Aoyama 8F

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Webroot Customer Service. Initial Webroot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Webroot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Webroot. Discuss the issues you have had with Webroot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Webroot Complaints & Reviews

Webroot — Auto renewal

Bought Webroot Antivirus and Internet security Software a year ago. First they have auto renewal program that...

Webrootfasle services

So recently my computer has viruses so I downloaded the webroot free 30 day trial and scanned for days. it never removed any viruses so I contracted support. they set up a remote acess thing and the tech said my computer was good now. but now I cant use anything on my control panel to change my computers settings. Also I find that all my favorites are missing along with some persona; data I can not trace back or find again.

I ask them to fix it and they tell me that its an additional service for paid subscription users...this is THIER fault, I was NOT warned this was going to happened. They deleted data off my computer that I needed and had nothing to do with viruses. plus a bunch of crap was installed on my computer as well.

• Ci
      CinCT Feb 06, 2016

Thank you for the warning.

Webroot — absolutely pathetic! they're no better than the # they're suppose to protect users from!

Here's a message I sent them and I'm letting everyone spread the word. I have not seen anything...

Webroot Spysweeperautomatic renewal scam

I too have had problems with automatic renewal. I declined on-line two times, and received confirmation back. Yet they still automatically took $53.00 out of my account. When you try to call, they keep saying there’s technical difficulty. And if you send an e-mail reply, it bounces back because it’s a no-reply mailbox. I wouldn’t recommend them to anybody! Considering going to the attorney general of my state, given how angry I am right now.

Dri*webroot Sofunauthorised debit

they automatically renew you and then when you complain they say well you should have read the receipt we sent it told you we were going to automatically renew you next year WOW how is it that its always the consumers fault not the company for questionable business practice
      probably how they stay in business
      I finally contacted my credit card company to get rid of these leeches

• La
          LAURENT P Apr 02, 2011

FRAUD ON MY CREDIT CARD - NEVER USED THIS SITE / PROVIDER TO BUY ANYTHING

Webrootwebroot killed my internet

I installed Webroot on two computers and they both lost internet. I took my notebook to my company's tech support team and they uninstalled the Webroot and sure enough I have internet now...Don't even THINK about Webroot as internet security!

• Wi
            wifi8827 May 07, 2013

ugh, I do computer repair and products like these usually do more harm than good. Same with Norton.

They take over every aspect of your computer and leave you with a mess to clean up.

• Ic
            iceblast May 07, 2013

This is usually caused by the Webroot Firewall. You started you web browser, Webroot asked you a question about that program accessing the internet. You either missed the question, or blocked the program. The default is usually to block said program. It usually gives you 60 seconds to answer. Then it blocks the program by default.

Quick way to find out, click on Webroot program icon, go to firewall, and click the big on and off button to turn you firewall off. Then try to access the internet again. Usually, you'll have access back. Then go through the Firewall program setting for programs that have access block for the internet, and turn on the ones you need access too.

Or you can just leave the Webroot Firewall off, and turn the Windows Firewall back on. I hate firewalls myself. They also seem to block me, and not a outside source.

This is the only reason I know of, for Webroot to block internet access, and I've been installing Webroot for almost 15 years. I own a computer repair shop, Webroot is the only protection I recommend.

Webrootcharge - no purchase

i was recently paying my credit card online and noticed a charge from webroot that was made on a date when my card wasn't in use. i recently purchased a new computer and searched the drive for any webroot programs, but none had showed up. i have never heard of webroot - and am curious as to how they received my credit card information. - best solution; call your debit or credit card company and report fraud.

Webroot Spysweeperavoid this company and its software at all costs

Have you ever listened to a few bars from Monk's "Straight, No Chaser" played over and over and over and over and over and over (and over) 200 times? You will if you ever find yourself so accursed to need Webroot's alleged tech support. I did, because Spysweeper was rendering the application that I use to make a living -- Tradestation -- all but inoperable. Spysweeper gets in the face of many other applications as well, making the already terminally buggy Windows operating system even more balky, recalcitrant and menacing. Here's another fact about Spysweeper: search 14 billion web pages and you will be unable to find a way to switch it off. Try to get an answer from Webroot, and they will tell you to right-click the Spysweeper icon in the system tray. I did, but even then, Webroot arose from the dead overnight, initiating an unauthorized, unncessary and unwanted scan that froze my computer and prevented other critical apps from running. Incidentally, after being put on hold this morning for 50 minutes trying to reach Webroot's tech support -- I called at 7 a.m. when they first opened! -- I have now been on "Straight, No Chaser" hold for an additional 15 minutes, waiting to talk to someone about refunding me for the nearly three years remaining on my Spysweeper subscription. And now, after holding for 20 minutes for the refund guy, I am told that my window of opportunity for this expired 30 days after I purchased Spysweeper. End of story.

• Ka
                Kat1967 Oct 25, 2017

I have the issue of uninstalling following all their so-called Tech support instructions and I STILL get pop ups and it turns off my other antivirus. I go to the uninstall line form cortana it says there is no webroot at all but the pop ups continue and I cannot run any other antivirus. If I have to reformat to get rid of it, I will be even more intent on telling every single person I know to NEVER ever use this product. Money is already gone and I know it will not come back but this crap is like the worst ghost ever

• custserv May 04, 2011

Hi Rick - I'm sorry to hear you have had so many troubles with your Webroot software. If you would please send me an email to [email protected] we can help you fix these problems. Thanks.

Webroot — refund

I canceld webroot anti virus back on February 2011 and I want the refund fro the folcharges: INVOICE...

Webroot — customer service

They brag of US support but have you ever tried to call them? The same recording telling that due to the...

Webroot Spysweepercancellation of support without notice

Webroot/SpySweeper elected to upgrade their existing software. Unknown to them at the time their new release no longer supported any Windows 2000 OS. My system was down two weeks while they diagnosed the problem (system unprotected). But that's NOT the complaint. Once they discovered their product would NO longer support Win2000 they simply said, "sorry, we can NO longer support you unless you get new equipment". I said I cannot afford new upgrades so give me a REFUND for my two year subscription. THEY REFUSED! Instead, they offered my another free year of service on a system I do not own!!
              They took my money, quit supporting my OS (without any advance notice) and then REFUSED to provide any Refund !! That is a SCAM ! I'm sure there are others in my same situation... time for a CLASS ACTION SUIT!

• Fd
                  FDL_HOU Mar 22, 2011

If you're in VA, contact State Attorney General's office. As far as I am concerned Webroot sucks as Anti-Virus. I heard the guy who founded the company died and they have gone downhill ever since. The POS couldnt detect all of the viruses I got recently had that either I removed or malwarebytes helped me remove and I have Windows XP.

Webrootcustomer service threatens

I was a happy webroot anti virus software client for 3 years. Their software had an issue in upgrading virus signatures. It would crash. I asked their support team online for help. It took them 6 days to get back to me. When I complained about the slow response their tech team member terry B. threatened not to work on my problem. I have never seen such low level customer service. Imagine a customer service representative threatening if you ask for customer service. Please never buy webroot if the management has this mentality.

• Se
                    Sevgi Mar 29, 2011

Update. After posting the comments here, I responded to the e-mail address provided by social media support. My problem was looked at quickly and resolved in 5 minutes. I had to download a software and run the patch and then we found out I needed to re-install webroot. The software is working fine now. The person assigned to help me by social media group was quick and he would respond to me in few minutes. So it looks like this is a good compliment for complaintsboard.com. When you have a legimate complaint webroot management responds. I will renew my software subscription because I can't take one bad employee response and blame the whole management team. I have been a manager for years too. It would have been better if someone from their office had called and apologized.

Crier Mar 29, 2011

oh look damage control by management - good to see they have enough staff for responding here but not to answer their support lines

Kaspersky has my business now and I will tell of my bad treatment by Webroot to all who want to hear.

• So
                    soundthealarm Mar 25, 2011

Sevgi - your treatment is not unusual and their social media person isnt going to do anything but have another incompetent call you back! Hopefully you wont get a rude female manger who calls you and also wont help you but commits to having someone call you back
                    Employees get their attitude from their management so do your self a favor and say good bye to these jerks

• custserv Mar 21, 2011

Hi Sevgi, we received your email and someone from our team should be emailing you back shortly. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we can improve our service to our customers!

• custserv Mar 18, 2011

Hello Sevgi - I am very disappointed to hear you had such a negative experience with one of our customer support representatives and I can assure you that type of interaction from out employees is not tolerated by Webroot. I would like to talk to more about what we can do to make sure you get your virus signatures updated and also hear your thoughts on how to improve our customer service. Please email me at [email protected]

• Te
                    terilee40 Mar 17, 2011

Cross Computers is awesome [protected], ask for Derek

Webroot Softwarecharges for renewal that are not authorized

I noticed a charge to my bank account for $42 Webroot Software knowing full well that I never authorized this. After reading other complaints in here about Webroot scamming other people, now I'm really ticked off. I'm calling my bank to stop these payments and get a credit. This company has to be stopped

John E Schexnayder Jun 05, 2011

Most of us never read the fine print on anything and Corporations know this using it to their advantage. Perhaps doing away with the fine print would be great for consumers and restore confidence in Corporate America.

corporate office phone number is 303.442.3813

Webroot — unauthorized charge

a couple years ago my computer was repaired by a serive tech for viruses and he used webroot and charged it...

Webroot Software, Inc.refund

On my Visa Febriare statement there was a charge of $63.55 from Webroot Software, Inc. I have NO idea what they sell/? Trans. date is listed as 02/04, ref. #2906. If you need more info email me at [protected]@new.rr.com. Thank you.

corporate office number is 303.442.3813

• Fd
                        FDL_HOU Feb 19, 2011

They sell anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Maybe you took your computer to a tech like Best Buy or something. Their billings are on auto-renewal.

John Mathews Apr 05, 2009

This website locked up my computer, so I gave my credit card info to get the anti-virus. Not only did it not give me the spyware I thought I was paying for, it locked up my computer and I had to take it to be fixed, which cost me $200.00. Then it has charged the $54.95 for March and now I got my statement and there is another charge for $42.75 for the month of April. This is unheard of. I want my credit card reinbursed for the 2 months I was charged now. I don't even have this anti-spyware, I had to purchase Norton, when it was being repaired.

Webroot Software — unauthorized credit card charges

webroot software charged my credit card account for a virus spyware renewal. I did not sign up for automatic...

Webroot Anti Virus — no refund returned yet!!!

I have been trying to get my refund since April 2010. The cost of the anti virus of over $32 is alot of money...

web root — attention to detail (lack of)

I purchased Webroot after I spoke with my company IT Guru, who said it was top notch and top of the line for...

Webroot/spysweeper/antivirusmy program still stays expired

Program was expired, Payed a renewal. Still expired, They asked me to renem for a 5pcs licence because I used more than three time on different PC. First i payed for a3pcs renewal. After this did, nt worked out, I payed for a 5 pcs renewa. Still expired !
                      Sent to [protected]@ webroot.com an email, .. still no reply !

Webroot Antivirus With Anti Spyware — webroot renewal quarantine blackmail

I bought a version of webroot and have renewed upgraded since at least 2006. May 21, 2010 I turned off...