WC Value PlusUNAUTHORIZED withdrawal from my bank account

wc value plus made a unauthorized charge from my bank account.I called the telephone no.that was on my bank statement. a woman told me that she doesn't work for value plus and her company, only collect money for them. I ask her for value plus address an phone no.an she said due to the privacy act that she could not give me the number or address. how can this company scam people and get away with it.(I need info on how to retrieve my money from this company)contact me my email is [protected]@hotmail.com

JEAN HOCKADAY Mar 23, 2013

ON 03/20/2013, I HAD $19.95 TAKEN FROM MY NY MCU BANK ACCOUNT, please return my $19.95 and please email me at [email protected] THANK YOU, MRS. JEAN HOCKADAY-LESLIE

• Ka
    Kathryn McMahon-Rutledge Jun 18, 2012

WC Valueplus continues to take $24.95 every month for the past two years and I've yet to be able to stop it!! Hopefully, this site can help!

• My
    myrtle watts May 19, 2012

I Myrtle Watts, totally agree; this company has been deducting $24.95 from my account, since 04/[protected] each time I'm charged a fee of $25 they say the fee is between me and my bank. I have not authorized them to do this, I don't even know these people, I call to talk to them, they hang up on me, they replaced the deductions but I still can't use my account, because of the fees

• Li
    Lisa Tempesta Apr 18, 2012

i had a $24.95 charge from these people who I never even heard of..the guy who answered the phone kept fighting with me saying that i signed up for it...their customer service people are rude and ignorant and I still dont have my money...this company is a fraud Lisa(Saugus Mass)

• Ap
    AprilLawrence1 Mar 10, 2012

I want my money back!!!

• Ap
    AprilLawrence1 Mar 10, 2012

I have no idea who this company is or how they got my account #! I want my money back!!! Quit stealing from people!!!

• Jm
    jmhphillips Nov 13, 2011

One way to stop the charges is to close your account out and get a new one. I just had to cancel my credit card because of it. Thankfully it was only $1.00 when I caught it!

• Ro
    Roy Jun 17, 2011

I did not know what the 'WC *VALUE PLUS-V [protected]' charge was and figured it was something my wife or one of my kids had ordered on line so I dismissed it. I tried to call the number but when ever I did it was at night or on the weekends. Like most people I and my Wife have to work for a living. The charge has appeared on my statement every month for over a year and I have not been able to stop it! Please Help!

• Pr
    princess32 May 13, 2011

Thank you! that helps me too. I did not know that we could contact the attorney general on matters like this. Again thank you very much! Hopefully I get my money back; they have been doing this since 2008. now its 2011. I am pist off! thank you for your help.

sarah ann will Mar 21, 2011

I have cancelled and got a double charge on my account.

MARTHA FOUST Mar 07, 2011

I DID NOT RECEIVE MY 2 FREE WAL-MART GIFT CARDS. I PAID FOR S&H OF $1.95 ONLY!
    $41.90 WAS TAKE IN OUT OF MY CARD AND I DID NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSON TO DO SO.
    I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER OR CHECK PLEASE!

MARTHA FOUST Mar 07, 2011

I GOT AN E-MAIL SAYING I WON TWO $25.00 GIFT CARDS (FREE) ALL I HAD TO PAY WAS $1.95 FOR S&H
    WELL, WHEN I CALLED THIS # [protected] AND GAVE THEM A CARD # TO ONLY TAKE $1.95 OUT, THEY TOOK
    $19.95 TWO TIMES + $1.95 THAT IS $41.85 TOTAL!!!
    WHEN I WENT TO PAY MY CELL PHONE BILL, I HAD NO MONEY ON MY CARD? I WAS SO TICKED OFF AND HAD TO PAY A NOTHER
    $10.00 TO GET A NEW CARD TO PAY MY CELL? THAT IS A TOTAL OF $51.85
    I WANT MY MONEY BACK BUT I WANT IT IN A CHECK OR A MONEY ORDER?

• Pv
    pvdb Feb 09, 2011

Me too - 14 months at $21.95 billed to my credit card. A vague name like SEM Value Plus did not send up any signals. No way to get in touch with them. I never authorized this payment. They told me it was a free discount/coupon service for one month. How did they get me cc info?
    Unbelievable. VISA won't help. My mistake of course - but still.

• Ge
    GetMeJustice Dec 16, 2010

They ripped me for $359.10 $19.95 7/09 to 12/10 - i thought it was a gas station charge on my visa. i plan to get a refund once i receive their 'Refund Request Form'.

Check out this ex-employee post/complaint: there's alot of company info here and contact info too. CEO of PROVELL parent company.

PASTE: SCAM ALERT: Provell, Inc. ( WC Explore, WC Value Plus, Memberships )

* From: corporate.good <[email protected]>
    * Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:52:42 -0500

I was an employee of a company called Provell, operating in
    Junction City, Kansas, USA The CEO is George S. Richards.

We were instructed to take orders and then attempt to talk consumers
    into "upsells" essentially increasing their order cost for our own
    profit.The idea is that one item might complement another, and you
    might want to buy it. Consequently, every business is looking for
    ways to make money. Provell pays most if not all of the 800 numbers
    necessary to keep the company active. That along with payouts adds up
    to about $50 million a year.

My job was to directly interract with the customer and attempt to sell
    Provell' programs:

WC Explore USA Plus
    WC Vital Solutions (fake company) [protected]
    WC Value Plus (fake company) [protected] see below
    WC Privileges (fake comapany) [protected]
    Membership Services (company name for Value Plus)[protected]

We were instructed to read a script, but try to make it sound
    appealing and "sexy" to try to get you to agree to look over the
    "information packet." We were also supposed to actively listen to the
    background chatter going on over the phone and try to use sounds we
    hear to entice you into buying (i.e. a crying baby may make us want
    to say "this would be a great way to help save money as a parent")

However, where most of you on here are wrong, we were always required
    to explicitly state that you MUST call to cancel charges, and that a
    certain amount WILL BE BILLED after 30 days. YOU ALWAYS HAVE AN
    OPTION, but skilled "salesman" will make it appear that you have no
    option. If we do not explicitly state the terms and conditions,
    basically the charges and trial period terms, we could potentially be
    fired.

Why would any person in a company risk their life in order to scam
    you?

I'll tell you...we get commission...that's right, that ugly c-word.
    For every program that we sold, we got an extra dollar added to our
    check. Not much, but for that minimum wage job and several "accepts"
    in an hour, it really adds up. Some of the top sellers in our company
    have doubled their paycheck just on their sales techniques.

There are some people that will do anything to get this money, and
    this is where the true ripoffs occur. If you need any further
    information on the subject material/contacts etc, contact me.
    Although I do not work there anymore (due to not wanting to sell...I
    was fired for low numbers) I still do have inside contacts and
    friends that work there. Let's bring this company down!

damark.com

Provell, Inc. (Pink Sheets:PRVLQ)
    11100 Wayzata Blvd., Ste. 680
    Minneapolis, MN 55305
    MN Tel. [protected]
    Fax [protected]

I feel it's important to underline who the tens of thousands of
    fraud victims will be, from Provell, Inc.

1. the elderly, confused, senile, deaf customers;
    2. the illiterate workers who have accounts and can't read;
    3. the blind, who have bank accounts and can't read;
    4. the immigrants who banked at who cannot read English;
    5. the members of the Armed Forces, stationed abroad, fighting for
    peace in Iraq, and who don't read their credit card invoices over
    there.

These are just examples, in the tens of thousands, who will be looted
    by the Provell CEO this year.

jemo2312 Dec 10, 2010

SEM value plus and WC value plus are the same company. Their number is [protected]. Have your bank's fraud department call them and have them credit the money back to your account. Probably you made a purchase via internet which allowed them to obtain your credit card information illegally. When you call them, they will tell you that you gave them verbal permission over the phone to charge your credit card for "discount services". Ask them to give you the recording of that phone conversation and they will back down. But again do this through your bank to increase your chances. They have a website "valueplusonline.com" however they do not provide their contact details. That kinda tells you what kind of company they are. Good luck!

• La
    Laverne Hanna Dec 09, 2010

I found out today from my bank that this company SEM Value Plus has been charging my debid cart for $21.95 monthly since September and in October, they deducted two payments of $21.94 on the 16th and 30th October. Another deduction of $21.95 on November 15th, 2010. I have no idea who they are or what they are taking money from my account for. I never authorized these charges. This is blatant stealing and I want my money back. - NASSAU BAHAMAS.

jemo2312 Dec 08, 2010

This company has been billing $24. 95 monthly to my creditcard over the last five months. After calling the number on my cc statement, wc value plus told me that i authorised them so by phone, which i never did. They told me they would stop billing me. I googled wcvalueplus and sem value plus and found out that numerous people experienced the same fraud as i did. So i filed a complaint with my credit card company and the monies will be credited back to my credit card. I also asked my creditcard company to blacklist these 2 companies so that other cc holders would receive a possible fraud alert whenever wc or sem would bill them in the future. I would suggest that whoever experiences this scam would do the same to prevent these leeches of doing more harm to honest people who work hard for their money.

• Pa
    paul zitzelsberger Nov 18, 2010

This was not authorized by me

Chris in Salt Lake Nov 10, 2010

I just found about this scam myself today after being billed for 16.95 per month since 07/2009. I have my credit card company on them for this right now but for the time being its a work in progress...someone needs to shut these people down. I have no idea how they latched onto my debit card. I confused the charge with another ligitmate withdraw from my account and it took me a while to figure out differently. Also this company changed names recently likely since their dirty business practices are catching up to them. There is a special place in Hell for people that do this kind of thing. Someone in government needs to hand cuff someone over this and take them to jail.

• Se
    sedruol1962 Jul 26, 2010

I don't recived any product if was an error please cancel this transaction 5968 wcvalue plus ...$24.95 thank

• Oa
    Oakantse Modisa Jun 15, 2010

I am also being charged monthy since April 2010 and I do not understand for what? The last such debit to my account was USD 24 on June 14, 2010 at 18:39 local time.

• Be
    Bettyboop4jesus4ever Jun 01, 2010

I to have falling prey to this scam, just last month in May 28, 2010 I was charged 24.95 for a 50.00 dollar, which I never recieved. I called [protected] and they said i would get the money back in my account within 3-5 days.and i have also had other transcations unauthorized taking out of my account for other things, stated one price, but more being taken out of your checking account.This is a eye opener for me, thanks for this complaint board.

JanetKarge May 25, 2010

How do we get them to stop taking money from us?

JanetKarge May 25, 2010

They are taking money out of myaccount as well. How do we stop this?

• Ck
    ckd Apr 09, 2010

My husband was reconciling my credit card and I decided to do it this month. WC Value Plus has been making unauthorized charges of $19.95 since at least May of 2009 (my credit card online statements will only go back that far).

• Au
    auntiej Mar 26, 2010

I just notified my banking institution this morning, I've found several of these transactions on my account, and I, too, hanve no idea who this company is or how they obtained access to my account!!

• Pi
    pinkroses Mar 21, 2010

r u calling the right number? i tryed a number that the bank gave me and i got an answer. they were really polite and told me exactly what the membeship is. then they told me that i got it when i made a purcase for something over a phone order. then i rember that i made a purcase form the bender ball and they offered me a free gift card. and after 14 days of a trail period for a dallor i will get the monthly fee.

Jens mom Feb 25, 2010

Call your bank and have them re-issue a new debit card. The same thing happened to my daughter and the bank's fraud department is handling it for her.

John Helgeson Feb 06, 2010

WC VALUE PLUS has been charging my debit card $19.99 for several months and I don't even know who they are.
    I tried to call them but no answer. I tried to cancel my so called account online but did not receive a response.

• Co
    Connie R Jan 23, 2010

I noticed on my Jan. Mastercard statement that there were two charges for 24.95 that I had no idea what they were, after researching I
    noticed I had been charged 24.95 since May of 2009, unable to find out what this was and how they got my credit card number. I'm not stopping here, I want my money back, next complain will go to Better Business Bureau

• Le
    Leona Miller Nov 07, 2009

my account was charged 24.95 on 11/03/09 IDID NOT autherize this payment and I was also charged 40.00 overlimit fee for this unautherized payment, SOOOOOO you had better be returning 64.95 to my account...

• Ro
    robbed23 Oct 31, 2009

A lot of you are lucky. I have a total of 14 month of 19. 95 a month. I was just assuming it was gas at a local gas station and never questioned it. I found out by accident that it was
    This wc value plus company. They said i authorized it. No way. After seeing there was
    An initial cost plus the 19. 95 i am wondering just how much they got from me.
    They are very sharp at trying to avoid the truth.

• Br
    branch1 Oct 27, 2009

This is the web sit I found on these people.The phone number I have reached them at is [protected].They said they had premission to take this money but can not seem to give me the proof although
    I already know that I have not gave them premission.

• Ri
    Rick E Oct 22, 2009

Donna. I to got ripped for $24.95. I made a purchase thru "Time Life". Bottom line I just called and cancelled. The number is [protected]. Now I wait and see if it worked.

• Bi
    Big Duck Brooklyn Oct 12, 2009

number of unauthorized charges to my credit card.

• Ae
    aem7176 Oct 08, 2009

I just had the same problem this evening on 10/8/09. I had a charge to my bank account for $24.95 from WC Value Plus. So I called the phone number and got a hold of a membership company. I asked him why I had a bill payment to the company he said that when I ordered something over the phone that I agreed to the membership and to the monthly payment. So I cancelled my membership and they are giving me a refund within 5 days. Whether they do or not I'm not sure yet. But I had no problem with not getting an answer. I hope that everyone can get this matter settled with! And that they don't rip me off again.

• Do
    donna Lellock Oct 03, 2009

I have been charged 24.95 monthly and I have never received anything from this company and I am not able to reach them. The 800 number is no longer working and I want to know if anyone has been successful in stopping this and how.

• Gf
    GFZ Sep 18, 2009

I just found out that they have been charging my Debit Card for $19.95 a month since February. I thought it was a purchase from a gas station and didn't think much about it until I found another similar situation being charged on my credit card - just different company. There seems to be no protection. I called and a woman said it was cancelled, gave me a cancellation number and told me to write to their company: Membership Services. I said, "Is that the name of your company?" Yes, Membershipship Services, PO Box...

• Ka
    katssc Sep 09, 2009

Dear Betty, Call Value Plus at [protected], cancell account, then request a refund form. When you receive the refund form that will state you will not be authorized for a refund! Write them a letter, listing all deductions from your account, tell them if you do not receive a refund from them in 30 days, you will contact the Attorney General's Office in your state for fraud investagation. I received all monies owed to me today in the amount of $84.75 it was deposted back into my checking account. I sent my letter to Value Plus Aug. 31 2009, money deposted Sept. 8th 2009. The address I sent my letter to was Consumer Affairs, Attn: Form C/A, P.O. Box 658, Hopkins, MN 55343 Good Luck! KATSSC

• Cy