Complaints & Reviews

Resolved did not receive my 50.00 Walmart gift card like promised

I was told signing up for this value plus, I could cancel at any time... I would receive a 50.00 giftcard from Walmart. Not true !! Big scam ever !! YOU go where they tell you... No 50.00 gift card anywhere !!

• Co
    complface Feb 16, 2010

i applied for value plus and was promised the gift card i never got it they had no problem taken 24.95 i called them and was promised information to fill out for a card and still nothing so wat do i do we need to take legal actions

• Fa
    faith russo Feb 22, 2010

what the hell you told me to sign up and would get free 50 dollar card

• Bl
    blondie656699 May 11, 2010

I totally agree that this is just a SCAM!!!In times like this WHY lie to people and promise them something that may help thier family.You ALL are PATHETIC LOSERS!

• Pa
    Pam Siegler Aug 15, 2012

I have tried three separate times since the beginning of 2011 to get $50 gift cards for Funsource...and for ValuePlus. I have written personal letters and called the toll free customer service number. I was told that they sent selection forms to my address several times...interestingly that's the only mail I've ever heard of that I've never gotten. My last correspondence with them suggested they send it to me certified mail or at least 'delivery confirmation'. That was 7/3/2012. Haven't heard from anyone. I got into this by ordering Walkfit orthotics through the TV ad...I have sent them a letter also saying I would not recommend them because of their association with this SCAM

• Li
    Lila Germain Mar 19, 2016

I did not get what i was promised a 50.00 walmart gift card, I want my order cancelled. You do not have my permission to take an electronic payment from my account, none of my accounts. I received my papers on Friday March, 18, 2016, . It says you have 30 days to cancel your trial, I want it cancelled immediately, today's date is Saturday March 19, 2016 !!! You people are fraud. I am also contacting my credit card company to make them aware of your fraudulent company !!!

sincerely
    Lila L. Germain

• To
    tohun63 Apr 27, 2016

I would like my gift card as promised. everytime I take offers like this one I never get the gift cards as promised. I do not want to spend money here until I recieve it to see if this is a valid company. Thanks, Kathy Thomas

Resolved charges without knowing

i was charged on my cc 7 times of the 16.95! that is over 118.95 dollars and if we put other peoples money togather i bet it would equal out to be over 500.00 and by law anything over 500.00 equal's jail time, i feel we need to come togather to stop this company!!! i do not know these people or why they charged by cc but i had enough! please any one wanting to help please emial me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• By
    bytor1 Sep 14, 2010

I was just charged $24.95 and I called the # from my checking account. The woman on the line said I authorized this. I most certainly did NOT and I have no idea who these people are. I cancelled and demanded they refund the money, she said they would process a refund within 3 to 5 business days and gave me a confirmation #. Now I just wait. How do companies get away with this crap?!?!

Resolved fraudulent

I responded to this companys invitation to try their services for free for 30 days. Without any obligation...

Resolved Unauthorized Charges to Credit card

I noticed two charges from this company on my credit card - I did not subscribe to them - I do not live in...

Resolved illegal charges

I received my credit card statement this month with 2 unauthorized charges on it. One for HOMEPLAY MONTHLY [protected] FOR $16.95 and one from VALUE PLUS MONTHLY [protected] for $21.95! These companies should be investigated and punished to the full extent of the law! The charges were completely erronious! Something has to be done about this! In checking the internet I found that there were many, many complaints! I cannot see any difference between what they have done and someone stealing your credit card and illegally using it! This is CREDIT CARD FRAUD by all legal standards!

albert c. marth
[protected]@verizon.net

Resolved Unable to claim $50 in Gift cards as sing up promise

Upon receiving a Welcome to Value Plus letter advising me to claim my $50 in Gift Cards today, I logged on to www.valueplus.com/open/form/50 as stated in the letter. There was no website found. I am requesting assistance in locating this website so I may claim my $50 in gift cards as promised. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Ginny Kobren
6624 NW 23rd Terrace
Boca Raton, FL 33496.

• Sh
    SherryAnn Mar 23, 2010

Just trying to find out other people have worked with this company. So many complaints believe I will just cancel and forget promised $50.oo, etc.

Thanks for have this site...wish I'd known about it earlier.

• Ri
    Rik C Mar 28, 2010

Total bs. i logged on the website as stated in the letter, and it appears this website does not exist.Can somebody help me! rik, canton oh

• Ka
    kathy steighner May 17, 2010

Icantfind the website toclaim my50.00gasrebates subscriber number is1128470238 my name is Kathy Steighner thankyou

Resolved Company doesnt exist

This is a fraudulent company it is offered through the abclimber company as a entertainment card they will debit your account. You will never receive anything from them, when you call the 800 number it will direct you to this website, I had to close my checking account and open a new one just to stop a 24.95 charge. Abclimber will not assist you if you call them with this issue they will tell you they are just a third party and there is nothing they can do. I cant believe people how easy it is to get away with stuff like this and we the consumers are the ones that are treated like criminals when we call the companies and try to correct their wrong

• Ca
    Carol Rhodes Jan 09, 2007

Beware of ordering books, vitamins, etc, from T.V. infomercials. On the end of your call, you will get an offer for a "free trial" to Value Plus that is supposed to came with a free $25 gift certificate just for trying the service. [The same scam goes for her sister company, "Explore USA".] You will be sent a fake internet address to get the forms to send for your "free $25 gift certificate -which you will never get. Worse yet, you will get charged for a monthly fee [for the bogus service] on your credit card bill. Cancelling may not be effective to get them to stop charging your bill. A real nightmare...

• Ti
    tina harvey Feb 16, 2007

To cancel your value plus charges, READ THIS. I was recently charged by WC value plus 888-642-0241 MN for 16.95 twice on my discover card. After extensive research, I found the man to talk to. The company called PROVELL, INC.

Contact #: 952.258.2017

Contact name: Michael Murphy or ask for customer services, it will probably go to him.

Tell him your problem, ask for proof of enrollment and ask for full refund. Ensure him that that his company is committing fraud on your credit card account because you never ordered their services.

He ensured me that it will be fully credited to my card. This is to take place today/tomorrow. If it does not happen by my next statement, I will be contacting the better business bureau along with u.s. fraud commission with the person/company name and will submit them for investigation. This also goes for explore u.s.a. etc.

Good luck and keep fighting!

th

• Sh
    Sherry Blu Mar 08, 2007

When purchasing a book from Kevin Trudeau I was offered two offers, one was Value Plus with a $25 gift card online and a $16.95 monthly charge unless I cancelled. There is no such offer on line for a$25 gift card and this was a scam, now they are charging my credit card without authorization.

• Ri
    Rita See Apr 18, 2007

They promised they would send a free $25 gift card for trying a membership in valueplus. I received a letter stating that I need to go to a web site to get my gift card and when I go to that site all I get is a scam notice.

• De
    Deb medendorp Oct 22, 2007

I too did not find the website for Value Plus to claim my gas card. The company did send me a letter originally and I had to keep an eye out for it in my mailbox. It looks like junk mail, so people may be throwing it away and then forgetting to call to cancel. I just called to complain about the website not existing and they said they would send my gas "form" in the mail. We'll see! I wrote down the date I called and the number of the company Provell to whom I will call if I get bogus charges. Just remember- if it sounds too good it probably is.

• Jt
    jT1223332211 Nov 29, 2011

The reason you are treated as if you are the criminal is because you don't know what you are talking about. When you speak with them, you need to know exactly what you are listening to. They do request authorization to debit your card for a recurring charge, and YOUR just too cheap and stupid to listen. "Oh, a FREE $50 wal-mart GIFT CARD!?!? And all you need is my credit card number?". Idiots. THIS is who I get stuck dealing with everyday. A bunch of idiots who don't read the fine print. You should actually listen to what they say. Honestly, don't be stupid and give your credit card number for something that's "Free" unless you absolutely trust the company.

Resolved Withdrawing money from checking

This company Valueplusonline has charged my credit card (checking acct) $29.95, which then overdrew my acct and thus anotheroverdraft charge applied. I am furious and enraged that this has happened to me, and not only myself but possibly thousands of others that they are scamming also. This is criminal and I will be reimbursed my money when I get done turning them into every consumer report board that I can find. They have messed with the wrong person here. I will not stop until they are no longer allowed to do business in this manner. I know the ropes on this one...Trust Me...

Resolved crooks!!!!!

ok so i have been on the phone with these ###s all day and they're gonna tell me its gonna take almost a month to get my money back, i am livid about this!!! first, someone tells me they have me on a recording agreeing to these charges and then they hung up on me when i asked to hear this!!! when i told them that i was gona get a lawyer cause they are stealing my money, i also told them they were gonna pay for the lawyer!!! well i have a friend who looked up info and now i have the physical address and i told them i would come get my money, but that they would need cops there!!! ok so we all have to get together and stop this, if we all take a stand, they will be stopped!!!

Resolved Unauthorized Enrollment

I don't know how and when this company got my information and how they were able to take money from my account for 2 years. I only found out about now because I was having trouble paying for my son's college tuition. I called my bank, and they told me that all charges have been stopped due to a suspious charge on my account from Value Plus. I asked if it was a store (Longs had changed their name to CVS) and they said no. I asked my Bank to give me the telephone number so I can call them. When I called to ask what was it that I was paying for, they told me that it was for them giving me information, books, and coupons for my household. I told them that I had never recieved anything of the sorts and that I wanted an itemized statement of all the things that I have recieved from them. They could not give me an answer to anything and got angry with me when I got angry and demanded all of the money they stole from me because obviously I did not recieve a thing. I went back to all my bank statements as far as 2 years and also found the same telephone number under the name of Essentials for home so I called again. They knew who I was because they probably have caller ID.
And I asked them all the same questions, they got mad, and started yelling and hung up on me. I tried to call back but they would not answer. I was charge $14.95 for Value Plus and $14.95 for Essentials for Home. A total of $29.90 a month for 2 years to a fraudulent company. If there is anyone else out there that had the same outcome, I want in on anything that would bring this company down.

• Ni
    nicole maio Oct 13, 2009

i just posted something about them also, they have been taking 16.95 from my account for months now, i called them up nd they're telling me it will take almost a month to get my money back!!! this is ridiculous!!! well i asked for names, phone numbers, addresses and got nothing, however, a friend of mine got a physical address, and phone number!!! the CEO name is george s. richards the address is 11100 wayzata blvd. suite 680 hopkins, MN 55305!!! there is also a customer contact, michael murphy, try callin him!!! have fun, i know i will!!! i am getting my money back!!!

Resolved Scam charges

Travel Values Plus started taking $12.00 out of my account with out me signing up for anything and I have not purchased anything online with this bank card. If you read the scams on this site about Reservation Rewards, you will find that they have done the same thing.

Now I think that Travel Values Plus is there new name.

Reservation Rewards started taking $12.00 out of my account two months ago and now Travel Values Plus just started taking money out.

The description from my bank statement from the two companies is very close to being the same.

When we called the 800# they could not find anything with my name and they wanted my credit card #. No way! They could not find me by my zip code either.

I have disputed the charges with my bank and blocked my card.
That is the easy way to do it for me, but it might harder for some people who can't wait for a new card.

• Valerie Jul 08, 2008

Keeps Charging $10 To my bank account every week for services i did not ask for. Beware people!

Resolved unauthorized charges of 19.95 from debit account

Provell
11100 Wayzata Blvd
Suite 680
Hopkins, MN 55305
Telephone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]
www.valueplusonline.com
WC *VALUE PLUS [protected] MN.

Original Business Start Date: March 1986
Principal: Mr. George S Richards, Pres/CEO
Customer Contact: Mr. Michael Murphy - [protected]
Entity: Corporation
TOB Classification: Mail Order & Catalog Shopping, Internet Services
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

This is a scam... because folks order online and they don't read the fine print when they agree to the terms giving these people permission to sign them up for this crap. I purchased an item online for 1.95 first time purchase and because of that they had signed me up unknowingly for their discount club. I've had 3 charges of 19.95 on my debit card and I called that 800 number today and insisted they cancel my membership and refund my 59.85 immediately.

They informed me that they had cancelled it as of today and gave me a cancellation conformation number but said they had to mail out a form to me to fill and send it to request my refund of charges. I told them it better arrive... as I will fill it out, send it in and expect to be reimbursed.

If they don't I will report them to my bank, the Better Business Bureau and to the Washington State Attorney General's office. I suggest the rest of you do the same, it's the only way that scammers like this will be investigated and shut down!

Resolved unauthorized chareges

W C Value Plus has been taking $24.95 out of my account since June 15, 2009. I do not know what this is and I want it stopped IMMEDIATELY and I want all of my money refunded immediately also. C Gore

• He
    Helen Walker Mar 25, 2011

WC*Value Plus charges have been appearing on my account statement. I have never authorized this.

Resolved Unauthorized Charges to my Visa Account

For over 11 months I have been charged 16.95 obn my Visa account. I did not request, order nor authorize such charges and since I travel and have automatic payments made on my Vixa account, i am embarrassed to say it took me this long to catch up with this scam. I have written a letter to the company demanding a full refund on this fraudulent billing. Sincerely

Resolved unauthorized charges on my debit card

on August 8, 2009, the above mentioned company stole $24.95 from me by charging my Visa debit card without authorization. I have no idea who these people are or what I supposedly purchased from them, and I have no desire to know. I called them on the 11th of August, and complained and was told that "they would look into it". I want my money put back right away and they never said a thing regarding refunding the $24.95.

Resolved Unauthorized Charges

This company ensure you signed up for membership, the representative can't tell you which one, you never...

Resolved FRAUD

These people are schemers.. they are crooks and I have never even heard of this place let alone order and...

cancelled me when they couldn't get money from my debit card right away

After reading about all the horror stories of being charged for services that didn't pan out I guess I am lucky I have little money in my debit account. They cancelled me on the spot, I guess when they couldn't get any money from me. I feel for the people who are continuing to get charged for this scam. I don't guess I have much of a chance to collect my $50.00 in gift cards if my experience is anything like the other people, who have complained.

• He
    heather19370 Jul 29, 2009

I looked for couple days online couldnt find a legit website to make money i needed money right away bein a single mom. I came across a great site all you have to do is sign up which is free then you can start to make money right away.

• Mi
    Mish36 Nov 30, 2009

I was having 16.95 taken out of my bank account and didnt sign up for this so called value plus. I never recieved any info on thier company. I have no idea who they are. I just noticed that I didnt spend 16.95 anywhere. No telling how long these people were taking this money from me.

• Cl
    Cloudrobin Oct 18, 2011

I joined Value+ because after buying something else, I was offered a $25 Walmart gift card if I tried the membership. I did, and got everything they advertised, including a $20 rebate on the $30 item I purchased. I got rebates of $5 for gasoline and $20 for electricity each month, which covered the $24.95 membership.

I was also able to order 5 $20 Walmart gift cards each month for $100. The Web site stated that I could purchase $100 in gift cards each 30 days. To me that meant, on the 31st day, I should be able to order. but several times during the 9 months I was a member, the order page told me that I had already ordered $100. So I had to keep checking back each day and finally it would allow the reorder. One time when it went 4-5 days over, I used their "Contact Us" form to send an e-mail asking about this. They said they were revising their system to change the member numbers. (My member number never changed.)

Now this month, it went 2 days over, which means soon, if orders keep ratcheting forward like that, I would not get my order processed on the 15th, but on the 1st of the following month, waiting another 17-18 days. I complained about this, also stating that I love Value+ when it works. They simply stated: We require that you wait 30 days, reordering on day 31. I addressed to their Supervisor, CEO, and Attorneys that this was not happening and asked them to explain the interval and where I was counting the days wrong. Their response was "We're sorry you are unhappy with Value+. We have canceled your account, and we will refund your last payment." I responded, "Please reinstate my account. I did not wish to cancel. Why can't you explain the interval?" I have not heard from them, and probably never will.

It was a lot of work, but I had it organized with tracking files and labels and I "earned" $25 each time I could order the gift cards, spending only 2 postage stamps to mail the rebates.

I will report this to Better Business Bureau, because all I wanted was for them to do what their terms promise. They give themselves the right to cancel membership at any time for any reason; however, they should be held to do what they say they will do, or they should not say it, and do everything to keep their customers happy, or at least explain why they cannot.

Resolved gift card

Elizabeth Collins is the Director of Marketing and the person that I recieved a letter from to claim my $50...

Resolved 120.00

I have called numerous times and I am at my wits end. I have never authorized any transactions, I have not purchased online sine I filed for bankruptcy back in 08/ 2008. They are stealing out of my acount. They said they would stop and credit me back and I have yet to see this happen. Please help.

Maria Mendoza
[protected]@ballhort.com

• Lo
    LORI BOSWORTH Jun 28, 2009

I TOO HAVE BEEN SCAMED BY THIS COMPANY(MYEASYSAVER)AND ALSO(WC*VALUE(AKA-PROGRAMSTOP.COM).ALSO THERE'S A CREDIT CONSOLIDATING COMPANY THAT DEDUCTS MORE MONEY THEN AGREED TO(CONSOLIDATING CREDIT CARD SERVICES).I'M IN THE PROCESS OF FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE THREE COMPANIES.I RECOMEND TO EVERYONE OUY THERE TO BE CAREFUL WHILE ACCESSING WEBSITES.

• Li
    LISANNLEE Nov 06, 2010

YES, THEY GOT ME TO AND I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA HOW OR WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND WHEN YOU GO ONLINE TO FIX THE PROBLEM, THE WEBSITE DOESN'T WORK. NOW I HAVE TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD AND CONTINUE TO TRY AND GET MY MONEY BACK. THEY CHARGED ME TWICE. WHAT IS GOING ON AND HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS.