Walmart - Smartstyle Hair Salonno customer service!

J

I went into SmartStyle Hair Salon which is located inside of Wal-Mart for a haircut which includes a shampoo for the price stated.

I had to wait first of all for about 30 minutes and there was only one stylist working and she only had one customer she was styling. Then when she finally got to me she asked me how I wanted my hair cut and when I told her she said she was not comfortable using the razor to cut my hair because, she cut herself often and preferred to used the scissors and then she cut my hair and never offer me a shampoo. I was so frustated by this time and in so much back pain that I decided to let it slide. She asked me if I wanted her to blow dry my hair and I told her yes because, I had some shopping to do at Wal-Mart. She spent no more than 3 minutes drying my hair and use no styling tools when she was drying it.

The real kicker of this story is that when I got up to the register to pay she charged me an additional $3 for drying it and I asked her shouldn't the drying be free since I did not receive my shampoo and she said no because, the company required her to charge the additional fee if she used to blow dryer. My hair was still wet when I left there and I ended up paying $15.95 for a cut I am not happy with instead of $12.95 and got cheated out of my shampoo.

I will not be going back to SmartStyle ever again and advise anyone who does to watch out because, customer service is what I call no customer service.

Sincerely,
Judy Bertoson

• Te
    Teenah M Jan 18, 2019

Worst haircut I have ever had. The side was sticking out Said something about it to the stylist and she said “oh that’s because it was just cut”, I said I have never had this problem before. She didn’t listen to when I told her how I wanted it cut. I was over charged for a bad hair cut. I gave them a second chance but I will never go back to them

• Ap
    April63 Feb 16, 2018

This stylist, Shannon is Coshocton Ohio, chopped my hair! I told her just wanted it cut behind my ears before I knew it my hair was cut to the scalp!! Of course the other stylist Connie stuck up for her but she was lieing! I said I wasn't paying and she said I I HAD TO PAY! as if it was a million dollars or they'd call the cops on me so I did to avoid the hassle. When I got home I called after looking more at my hair and Connie said she call her Manager and told her how rude me and my daughter was..first of all my daughter never said a word, and second I wasn't rude just upset and said I didn't think I had to pay. I took the survey and had a reply to tell her more info I told to go back and read the survey it was all in there.. the reply came back and she didn't give me her email address..after going back to the survey and explaining what happened I got a reply from another person who gave me my refund! finally after all this crap..it wasn't worth the $13 but I didn't think they should get by with it...BTW I was never offered a shampoo or blow dry! By far the worst hair styling salon I ever went to in my 55 years!

• Pa
    Pakamoo Sep 23, 2017

Went to get hair cut &color on Sat. Sep 23 around 11 a.m Was told 10% discount for seniors - so total 66.00. I said it was too steep and said so but the blond hairdresser said prices have gone up since last I was there. She cut half inch, then did a lousy job of coloring - color was lighter then asked and cheapest tone imaginable. She then shampood & conditioned and blow dried quickly. Hair was sill damp in places and bangs were poorly trimmed. Hard to see difference before and after. Hair length looked same as before. No styling material was used - hair looked flat. Hair color looked dull. I could have done a better job on my hair then this idiot who passes herself as a hairdresser and charged me outrageous price for doing zero work!! Management should fire her and reimburse my money. Never going back again. Please don't go there

• Nu
    nuudel Feb 27, 2017

They drownded me gah ahnd i am drownded how wdey do vis i no unnersend ih wah su meen i soo DUM stile sallahn ahnd wel mert i go in ahnd dey sey no nuudel 4 yoo EY WAN NUUDEL WI DEY NO GIM MI NUUDEL su den i esk 4 lew mane ahnd dey sey mam no wee no hab lew mane ahnd ey sey NO EY CAME 4 LEW MANE WI WIL YOO NO GIM MI LEW MANE ahnd dey sey mayem pleez leeb stur su i sey NO ahnd dey wock 2 mi su i ruhn to bleck ledy et cumpooter ahnd sey dey chese mi su shi git manejer 4 mi esk whut prublem wuz su i tell i no git nuudel ahnd DEN MANEJER ESK MI TO LEEB SU I SEY I LEEB IH I GIT NUUDEL AHND I CHESE OUSEYD 2 NUUDEL

• Ro
    Rosemary Bigby Aug 25, 2016

When I first entered I was not even acknowledged as a paying customer, I sat and waited for an hour and never being addressed to
    the hair-cut was very bad and I'm requesting a full refund, I to tell the stylist how to cut and still didn't get it right!!!

• Sm
    smartstyle stylist Aug 15, 2016

I have been working with the company on and off since the doors opened march 17 2004. Im a great stylist and I ENJOY DOING MY JOB!Im havinga problem with discrimination. we recently got a new manager Tana Rawlerson and to start im the only african american thats currently working at smartstyles #125 and ive gotten several complaints brought to me by caucasian customers that while at the salon having services done my charater was being torn down by the manager and other stylists. Smartstyles is suppose to be a professinal work place that customers and employees should enjoy coming to. I feel as if the manager shows favortism to the other caucasian employees. I have tried to overlook the things ive heard from customers and the favortism towards the other stylist but its to the point that working has become very stressful and im almost to the point where i hate going to work.therefore i am filing this complaint in the hope thet someone can help me with this problem before it goes any further. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,
    STYLIST AT SMARTSTYLES #125

• Do
    Dobravine Aug 15, 2016

I went walmart salon regis did my hair a hi-light and a low-light and ronda the master stylist and manger did my hair bad my six year old could have done better also they make you sign a legal form so you cant do crap about it i think all people should never give them business protest them the customer service said take pics and write a letter and they would refund i did that and they said because i signed their legal form that i was not getting any thing see them in court. haha they can pay my lawyers fee and more.

• Why The Long Faces Aug 15, 2016

You were told wrong. My mother has been a hair stylist for 30 years. It will not hurt your hair to wash after a color, and she has always done so. The instructions you were 'told' is for box color, and it says it in the instructions.

Also as a stylist, addons cost extra.

• Ka
    kathy killian Aug 15, 2016

I went in for a color and a trim. She put the color on my hair and went on break. I sat in the chair and Ithought she was never comeing back, Iknow I sat there 30 minutes or longer. I am not one to complain, so I didnt say anything. After she rinsed my hair she shampooded my hair, I was always told not to shampoo a new color at least 2 days after you get it. I should have said something but Ididnt want to make a scene. Then she trimmed the back of my hair, which was fine. Then she asked me if I wanted my bangs trimmed. I told her Idid. She barely trimmed them, but I was ok with the trim. When I went to, , she charged extra just to trim my bangs $3.00. All together I paid $63.50 for all of it. I feel I was ''RIPPED OFF ROYALY ''. I do not plan to ever go back to another smartstyle.

• Pa
    Palew Jul 26, 2016

The hairdresser, or so she says she is one, butchered my daughters hair. She chopped the top part of her hair so short that it looks like she has two different hair cuts. The bottom is long and the top was totally butchered. I don't know how this woman is allowed to be near scissors, her license should be taken away.

• Sh
    SHA1010 Jun 16, 2016

I am new in Sequim, Washington and stopped in to Smart Style to get a hair trim. It was ten after ten and I waited for someone to come into the room. A lady named Jan come out from the back and said what do you want!!!???? I answered I was hoping to get a trim do I need an appointment? She said No Just a minute, she went back to the backroom while I waited, then the phone rang, she answered the phone and was quite rude to the caller. Then turned away and said come here, I said is it ok for me to leave my buggy here? She said I don't care!!! She told me to sit down without letting me know which chair so I asked this chair? She turned away from me and want into another back room saying Sit where ever the F---K you want!!!. I stayed standing until she came back in the room and I said I am sorry what was it you just said? She said I DIDNT SAY anything!!! I told her I am going some where else.

• Me
    Melody10670 Apr 25, 2016

Enough said and the manger told me that i could come back free of charge till it was done right ! This all goes back to going there before and getting a cut and color told the women shoulder lenght she did it to my chin told her need a color that will pull blonde easy she said oh this red will so i came back four months later saw someone different she gave me a discount and all because of what the other person told me and screwed up on my hair the last time they came to me becoming a blonde. Now it took Andrea 6 hours the first time so I appreciate her time and I'm not at all in any way mad at Andrea but, the manager contacted me and said whatever it takes to get it to the blonde that needs to be so it does not look trashy you will be charged nothing even if it's a couple times you have to come back in and then I call and I'm being told they want me to pay and then I get a call back and the manager Pam is telling me that I can't come back and will call the police because I threatened one of her employees! which I did not I talked to Andrea I told her that I'm not mad at her I'm mad the fact that her manager who told me that she wouldn't charge me anything decided to just think that she was going to charge me now and my hair looks disgusting it's orange and then I guess Andrea took that as I threatened her even though at the end of the call andrea said come in Thursday so then the manager called me about two mins later and said i can ever come back and we'll call the police if you come in on thursday! so I think it's just a cop-out to not have to do my hair which is crazy so the bad thing about all of this is that my hair looks disgusting in the end and I still paid money I didn't get this done for free. So I would never recommend this place to anybody it's literally the worst place I've ever been if i had to recommend someone it would be andrea!even though I'm a little upset that she decided to tell her boss that I threatened her which I did not I said I was going to file a complaint I'm going to call the 800 number to try to get my money back due to the fact that they would not honor what they said to have me come back free of charge until its done right !they were going to charge me money if I came in again when the manager herself said they were not. if you do go there go to Andrea because she's the kindest and the nicest and the best one that actually listens to you and will actually communicate with you to understand what you actually want done to your hair but obviously I am upset because she for whatever reason told her manager I threatened her which I definitely did not use any kind of threat that would have been a physical threat or anything like that I did say that I was going to file a complaint make a phone call to the 1 800 number and that was it and she just told me to come in on Thursday so that was a crazy situation and here i am with orange hair !

• Me
    Melody10670 Apr 25, 2016

Enough said and the manger told me that i could come back free of charge till it was done right ! This all goes back to going there before and getting a cut and color told the women shoulder lenght she did it to my chin told her need a color that will pull blonde easy she said oh this red will so i came back four months later saw someone different she gave me a discount and all because of what the other person told me and screwed up on my hair the last time they came to me becoming a blonde. Now it took Andrea 6 hours the first time so I appreciate her time and I'm not at all in any way mad at Andrea but, the manager contacted me and said whatever it takes to get it to the blonde that needs to be so it does not look trashy you will be charged nothing even if it's a couple times you have to come back in and then I call and I'm being told they want me to pay and then I get a call back and the manager Pam is telling me that I can't come back and look call the police because I threatened one of her employees which I did not I talked to Andrea I told him that I'm not mad at her I'm mad the fact that her manager who told me that it wouldn't charge me anything decided to just think that she was going to charge me now and my hair looks disgusting it's orange and then I guess Andrea took that as I threatened her so then the manager called me in so that I can ever come back and we'll call the police so I think it's just a cop-out to not have to do my hair which is crazy so the bad thing about all of this is that my hair looks disgusting in the end and I still paid money I didn't get this done for free I still paid money but she gave me a good discount. So I would never recommend this place to anybody it's literally the worst place I've ever been to the stylist Andrea if I would recommend anything that's why I would go to even though I'm a little upset that she decided to tell her boss that I threatened her which I did not I said I was going to file a complaint I'm going to call the 800 number to try to get my money back due to the fact that they would not they were going to charge me money if I came in again when the manager herself that they were not going to and then after that she just randomly said will come in on Thursday and then I get a call from Pam the manager saying don't come in on Thursday or the cops will be called so it's just really complicated all of it but I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody and if you do go there I don't leave me Andrea because she's the kindest and the nicest and the best one that actually listens to you and will actually communicate with you to understand what you actually want done to your hair but obviously I am upset because she for whatever reason told her manager I threatened her which I definitely did not use any kind of threat that would have been a physical threat or anything like that I did say that I was going to file a complaint make a phone call to the 1 800 number and that was it and she just told me to come in on Thursday so that I get that call from her manager came and now I can't go back and I'm stuck with this disgusting here and inside have to pay for anywhere else unless I can find somebody that has sympathy for me they just do it because they feel bad but I can't afford to go anymore with my hair right now so I'm going back to the wigs which I started wearing because of the last person that did my hair then cut my hair too short and I was traumatized by it!

• Lo
    Louisa Ghali Mar 15, 2016

Don't even think about it going there, they are unprofessional, they messed up my daughter hair, she kept crying & even they didn't care, the lady there Name ADRIANA INSISTS TO CUT MY DAUGHTER'S CURLY HAIR WHILE IT'S DRY, she has no experience

• De
    Denise Grise Jan 24, 2016

THIS IS THE FIRST REVIEW THAT I HAVE EVER WRITTEN. I had below the shoulder hair that is a little bushy. I went in to GET A TRIM WITH SOME LONG LAYERS. Darlene told me that I was wrong about what long layers were. After cutting my hair she handed me the mirror and I had to contain my anger. All that I said was that this is not what I wanted. It looked like a bob with a v shaped long straggly tail in the middle. I left the salon thinking that maybe it was just how she styled it. The next day I returned because I couldn't do anything with my hair.The manager said that I was right about what long layers were .She did the best she could to make my hair styleable. It has been 23 days since I got it cut and I hate it. It is so thin in the back and longer that the top. I think they should have just cut the bottom off, it looks like some hairstyle that they just concocted. I didn't want my hair this short because blow drying and flat ironing dries and breaks off my hair. It took me 3 years to grow out a short stacked bob and now I am back where I started from. I am going to have to get my hair cut again (elsewhere). If it wasn't 8:45 on Sunday morning I would post a pic of my hair. I wish I would have taken a before and after pic. I really wonder if Darlene has a license to cut hair?

Denise Grise

• Da
    Danna Tennyson Jan 23, 2016

I purchased 2 bottles of Kenra volume spray. They were on sale, buy one get one half price! I have bought my products here for years. I used the first can, which took about 5 weeks. I started using the 2nd can, then in about 2 weeks, there was no gas in the can to make it spray. I took the can back to the store and they refused to do anything about it. They told me it must be returned, within 2 weeks with the receipt. I told them that was ludicrous, because I had to use the first can, before I started on the second can. They said it was the store policy. This Hair spray is $25.00 a can, is there anyone who can correct this?? I have over half a can of spray with no way to use it!! Grrr!!!

• Ga
    Gary Kellogg Nov 23, 2015

I just got the worst haircut of my life at your store in Walmart in Elkhart Indiana. I look like I have a dent in the side of my head!!! I will never ever go to your place and will tell everyone I know about the poor quality of your salon. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Lisa WAS THE BUTCHER.

• Ro
    Robert Marriott Oct 04, 2015

please bring back senior discount

• Gr
    grandNana Aug 30, 2015

I have been going to Smart/Style in Walmart at Sweetwater center in North Augusta SC..I have had Tabitha an Tomeka do my cuts and have always been very pleased..They are very concerned with trying to give me the cut and style that I ask for..They are very congenial and friendlyand I really enjoy having them work with me on my hair cuts and eyebrow waxing..It is so nice to have a salon that is so convenient and always know tha I will be pleased with service that I get..Yesterday, my husband had to have a hair cut but was somewhat reluctant to going with me...I usually cut h is hair and have for our whole married live of 54 years...But for health reasons I can't do it to well any more, , , He got a stylis named Abbie..He was so surprised to see how personable just wanted to make sure she was getting exactle like he wanted..We actually had a plesant time there and wereso pleased with our service...I will certainly reccomend them to Anyone with need for hair care..

• Pe
    Peg Mann Jul 30, 2015

There are so many complaints and I have had the same things happen - I won't be going back - someone needs to look into these things especially the overcharging, making people wait for not good reasons and not being professional in how the stylists treat people. If you don't treat your customers in a good way, it will affect your business in a negative way. I've seen it happen many times and then the doors are closed. If it is a couple people, they need to be talked to and given a warning or let go instead of customers having to deal with these things. There are lots of places to go, don't have to deal with this. Thank you.

• Co
    countrylove Jun 22, 2015

If you go to Thibodaux Wal-Mart to go get a perm DON'T I had a lady named stacny and she did a very bad job on my hair she burned it and mess it up she didn't know what she was doing !!! SO DONT GO THERE !!!

• De
    debra ka May 18, 2015

I was told on phone $50 for head of highlights got there was charged $80 u can't even c highlights n back of my head they don't touch top of my head I can't even wear my hair down its so jacked up

• Mo
    MommaOfOne Mar 02, 2015

I worked at a smart style. First off it IS a REAL salon. We all go to school just the same as any other stylist at any other salon. Stylists receive training at least once a month, if not more. on the contrary they should not have charged you extra if they did not use tools or shampoo you. Some times stylist are in such a hurry they forget to ask. If any of you worked in a salon you would then understand the work and patience it takes to work in any salon. Stylist not only have to cut, color, perm, and style hair; they also have laundry to do and have to clean their brushes and combs. I am sure most stylist do not get a lunch and if they do it is WAY after lunch and spoils their supper. I know a lot of stylist and even barbers that put in 12 hour days just to get by, either for there family or to keep business open. We constantly stand and eventually get knee problems, feet problems, back problems, and even begin getting issues with wrists and arms. I am going to point the direction back to Smart Style, I live in Iowa, minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. That is what they get paid at smart style as base pay no higher no raises. If commission is made, which means based off sales being higher than what 7.25 is an hour, the rate is 38% commission sometimes 42% if your sales for that period are 4, 000 or more I am not sure. Depending on the time of year and the rate of incoming people most stylist only get the 7.25 and hour unless they get request. I worked 40 hrs a week and brought 300 to 400 a pay period (twice a month). I then went to part time and because I worked evenings I made commission again 20 hours a week or less I brought home 400 a pay period. My co-workers who were experienced and faster and who also had earned clientele brought home almost 800 a pay period. She was making 42% commission. When the season got slower we all got less. My pay went down to 100 or 200 at 20 hours a week. I no longer could afford daycare and only could pay half of my car insurance. I went back to school in the fall and quit working in December once work slowed down again. With that being said I'm am going to end this by saying those of you who are inconsiderate and thing this job is easy, just think about that one more time. Every job is different and you have no idea until your put the shoes on and wear them.
    Thanks

• Sm
    smartstyles reguler Feb 21, 2015

Somebody needs to fire the snobby girl devan from smartstyles, she doesnt listen, she screws up my hair all the time, i think she may be using Drugs, if i were in regis corporation i would submit a drug test., she is THEE RUDEST PERSON IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED! She should find a new profession. All she does is talk sh** about smartstyles. She especially has a problem with the manager there, always calling her a bi***, cu**, and a whole lot of other names i shall not speak of. I would not trust her at ALL.

• Bu
    butchered Feb 13, 2015

I went to get my hair cut there today. I got right in...I told the girl...do not thin, shape or layer my hair please...I would like a straight cut...just take off a couple of inches...Pretty simple...right? She never showed me the back...I saw the front and thought...not bad. Got home...looked at the back in the mirror and she had butchered my hair. She made a jagged line about 3 inches from the base of my neck...all crooked...then the hair that was 3 inches lower looked as if it had been caught in a lawn mower...What the heck??? I called and talked to the manager...she said she would fix it for me...what???? Glue the hair back on?? Never again...Don't go there unless it it right before Halloween and you want to scare someone. Ticked.

• Sc
    schembri Feb 10, 2015

my hair stylist didn't register my name on incoming list. the price was 15.00, she charged me 30.00. then she had me pay her at her station, not at the register. i think she was keeping the money for herself.-- she took advantage of me, because i am 78 years old, & trustiing. this went on for a year. then when she left, i went to a different stylist who charged me 15.00. for the same wash & trim. thats when i knew i was taken advantage of. you can't trust them down there, at milford pa walmart.. watch yourself. good luck.

• Su
    Sunshine6975 Feb 05, 2015

? I went in to smart style Fri ask for red highlights in my hair and the stylist gave me hot pink highlights not what I asked for also charged me 125 to have it done i told her I didn't like it. .. She said come in Monday we will try fix it. . Went Back Monday all she did was try wash the pink out 2xs ...I still Isn't get my red highlights and still p's 125 so what can I do. ..I feel like I got ripped off

• Ph
    Phil Smith Jan 20, 2015

I went to Smart Style at Northampton Crossings to get a hair cut. I asked that my hair look like it did when I walked in just shorter.
    First off I had to pay for shampoo and haircut and I only got a hair cut ($15.50). Then the stylist (Stacy) did not cut my hair like it looked. When she parted my hair in the middle to cut it I figured she knew what she was doing. Boy was I wrong. She asked about sideburns told her to cut them square with my ear, I didn't want sideburns. She said she liked sideburns and that is what I got. She wet my hair to cut it and used a blow dryer at the end but did not use any styling instrument like a comb while she was doing it. I have never been so dissatisfied with a hair cut like I was with this one. I attached photos to show the difference. I have had good luck with Smart Style in East Stroudsburg. I will continue to go there but never will I go to Northampton Crossings again.
    Phil Smith

• Ph
    Phil Smith Jan 20, 2015

I went to Smart Style at Northampton Crossings today. I asked to have my hair cut to look the way I have just to shorten it. I did not get a shampoo and they stylist (Stacy) did not cut my hair the way it looked when I walked in. She asked me about sideburns and I told her I wanted it square with my ears. I didn't get that I have sideburns. She said she liked sideburns. My hair is parted on the side and she parted it in the middle to cut it. I didn't say anything as I figured she knew what she was doing. I am very dissatisfied with the cut and the way I look. But of course once it is done there is nothing you can do about it. I have attached before and after pictures just to let you see.

Phil Smith

• Ir
    irenelizeth Jan 15, 2015

I just went there to get my daughter a hair cut with long layers with a v shape, i really liked it, so i went back to get me a hair cut as well, is so hard to find a good hair salon and i finally found this one, so inexpensive!!! Looove it ill be going back next saturday to take my other daughter!! Is not about the place its all about the person cutting ur hair!!!

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Dec 27, 2014

I wonder if the `rudeness`was being told no, and not giving this princess her way. If this is the case this is obviously written by a child. Only a six year old would mistake being told no as rudeness.

• Pi
    PissedoffinFL Dec 27, 2014

Manager Ashley was VERY RUDE and disrespectful ! Also advertising for New hair stylist on Facebook for Regis Salon in Walmart on U.S. 19

Anna Floyd Nov 01, 2014

I went to Smart Style today to buy shampoo. A little girl was getting her hair cut and she was crying because the woman was pulling her hair so hard. I knew the woman cutting her hair name "Brandi". Then the little girl said " Do I still have a neck?". When we went to the check the was continuously ringing which is no problem to me but the woman Ovayia would pick up the phone and instantly hang up. What if that was a customer okay they would diffenitly loose me as a customer.Then it take her forever to check us out and we only had 3 items! And hears the damn problem we had a gift card and had one of those little shopping bag things.If she did not know what in the hell she was doing then why was she even there! I felt like I was in the movie dumb and dumber and did not know who was dumb

worst hair color ever Oct 02, 2014

am also in the process of contacting the BBB and filing a complaint

worst hair color ever Oct 02, 2014

So after patiently waiting since 9/23/19 for a refund of horrible service which I was told would be refunded within 7-10 days only for the dates to constantly change everytime I call for an status update as I have bills coming out tomorrow that won't go through without this.. I have now contacted my bank to get them involved in re to gets funds reversed... this is just absolutley stressed me out and can't believe how long it is taking... I have both receipts from having to get my hair fixed and would have been more then happy to show them but am only getting a run around..hopefully this will get resolved soon..

worst hair color ever Sep 30, 2014

so after writing my first review on 9/22/14 about the awful service i recieved and getting my hair butched and leaving the salon with yellow and orange hair, I recieved a call on 9/23/14 from a very sweet n polite lady how over sees this particular salon and she was so apologetic and offered to refund me the $90.45 I spent only to have to pay almost another $100 to get it fixed.. I was so thankful and greatful that someone had returned my call and cared about the service I received she was such a sweet lady. I was told it would take 7-10 days to have it returned to my debit card which was fine and to call her if the refund wasn't deposited well now I'm being told it will be 5-7 days from yesterday 9/29/14, it amazes me how quick they are to pull the money out of someones account for services rendered but take for ever to refund it when they give bad service, at this point i'm just boggled how long its taking and would never be upset but i could really use that money right now as i'm a single mother and no way i would ever spend almost over $200 on my hair to begin with but I couldn't go out in public or go to work like that. im just at a loss for words right now...

worst hair color ever Sep 22, 2014

went to get my hair colored, highlighted and cut for an upcoming wedding.. Never in all my years of getting my hair colored or cut have I been so disappointed when leaving, there was no way I could return to work on monday or attend my brothers wedding this coming weekend with the way my hair looked when I walked out..Instead of blonde hair with highlights I walked out with yellow and orange hair and a terrible haircut.. I showed the stylist a picture of what I was looking for as far as color and highlights and just wanted a trim to accent my face and some bangs which I didn't get, all I got was a bad cut and very noticable uneven chunks taken off the side.. I had to go to another salon the following day and pay another $80 to have it fixed so I could even return to work respectable or even be able to go out in public as it was that bad.. never in all my years of getting my hair done have I had this happen to me.. I will never return to this salon again... they don't listen to what you are looking for and even knowing they did an awful job and need to fix it they say nothing and let you walk out.. I paid $90.45 with tip only to be mortified with the results and have to pay another salon to fix it... This is totally uncalled for and very unprofessional

• Bl
    BlondeGirl Sep 16, 2014

I went to Smart Style at Walmart in Lewisburg, PA on 9/14/14 - There was no one at the register or the front of the store, in looking around I spot a stylist sitting at her chair doing her own hair, another sitting at her station just looking around, another walking around stating she needed to go buy more lollipops! The fourth stylist actually waited on me - she was very pleasant, cut my hair the way I wanted. Two of the other stylists sat on either side of my chair watching my stylist cut my hair! I had to listen to a bunch of nonsense about things they put on facebook, the guy that works in produce, blah, blah, blah!

In all reality, those other 3 stylists could have picked up a broom, mop, windex, anything because that salon was a pig sty! The floors didnt look like they had been cleaned in forever! There is no reason for that kind of filth, especially since no one had anything better to do. Doesnt say much for the salon manager, now does it? (by the way, she was the one that needed to go buy lollipops!)

Chris

• On
    onn Sep 15, 2014

No customer service!!!

Malissa Mae Hill Sep 10, 2014

My husband and so. Went to Walmart got their hair cuts. I can say I'm very pleased!" The stylist Teddy did the hair cuts. My husband hasn't had a decent hair cut in years he's went to all kinds of salons!" The only thing is that they didn't get their shampoos. But other wise I'm fully happy with the results!"