Walmart Money Cardexpiration of card

M

On April 1, 2011, I reloaded my WalMat Money Card at the WalMart Superstore in Phoenix, AZ on Bethaney Home Road.

On April 2, 2011, I was trying to use the card and was told by the merchant that the card had expired. I looked at the card and realized that it had expired on 3/2011. I went back to WalMart at their Money Mart Services and was told that there was nothing that could be done. All my money is tied up in the card. I called the Customer Service which was located in the Phillipines and was told that they would sent out a card for me and sent it urgent which would take 2-3 days.

On April 6, 2011, I checked my mail when I got home and realized that the card still did not arrive. I called Customer Service again and this time I took a Badge #0592 which told me that there was never any information stating that a card would be sent to me. I couldn't believe it, he was actually telling me that there was nothing they could do, because it was on the automated system as lost. He advised me that I would have to wait 8 to 10 days for the card. I told him that I need my money can I please speak to a supervisor. He had me on hold for about 1/2 hour and no one came on but him (Badge #0592).

To date I have no money and no card, is there someone that can help me? I am traveling on empty with my car and had to borrow $10.00 just to get to work. Please help me. I have a total of $249.00 tied in the card and no one with WalMart has helped.

The Phillipine Call-Center is definitely no help. They took my card regardless that it expired and now I am not able to have any money.

Mary T. Bordelon
8808 N. Black Canyon Hwy #310
Phoenix, AZ [protected] ext310

• Si
    siobhansax May 01, 2011

I'm not sure if you've received your card yet or not, but you can have a check sent to yourself using the online bill pay option that walmart money card offers... it's processed using the direct deposit information (not the actual card information), so it wouldn't matter if that card was expired. I'm surprised they didn't mention this to you at the call center.

mary t bordelon Apr 12, 2011

When they entered my card number wouldn't it indicate that the card had expired. I had made a change of address and even that was not recorded on the first week of March. I used the card to reload not realizing it expired. Why wasn't it detected on April 1, 2011 that the card had expired?

My problem is the Call-Center advised me that they were going to send it to me as urgent and to date, I have not received my card. I have already done what you advised and still no money and no card. Please do not tell me that I tossed it thinking it was junk mail. I use this card constantly, I don't like your comment.