Walmartlack of customer training

Hi, A couple days ago I went into walmart with a pedock. (A pedock is a slip of paper used as money for buy what ever is listed given by social worker.) Anyway, the pedock was listed for $200.00 of groceries. After getting all the things I needed I took $200.00 worth of groceries to the register.

Before I continue, when you have pedock, the cashier is suppose to suspend your order and walk with you to the customer service desk with the pedock and receipt. This is to make sure you don't walk out with the unpaid items.

After this cashier had finished putting my groceries through all I said was "now I need you to suspend it." She did and handed me the reciept.She didn't walk with me to the customer service desk, she didn't even ask why I needed it suspended. I COULD HAVE taken that reciept and my unused pedock and walked out of the store put the groceries in my car and took them home free and came back the next day and used the same $200.00 pedock to get another load of groceries.

Of course I didn't do that. That would be stealing and it's wrong. So anyway, I proceeded to the customer service desk by myself and told the woman at the counter what just transpired. She took it seriously and called the manager over who was standing at an empty closed till. He listened to my story and made a sound like "hm" and walked back to his empty closed till and started flicking his pen in between his fingers.

I was shocked that he didn't go and explain to this cashier what she should have done. It would have taken two minutes to explain. Next time they may not be so lucky as to get a trust worthy customer. I know I shouldn't worry about it and what ever their loss but I almost regret not walking out with that free load of groceries. Would have hopefully taught them a thing or two about how important it is to train your employees before putting the on the floor.

• Sh
    sharpnsporty Apr 22, 2012

Perhaps the manager called them into the office later on to explain it more. Some (okay, very few) manager have respect for the associates and won't call them out in front of other customers.

• Km
    kmandichak Oct 30, 2011

I am sorry. I didn't realize this was in Canada, but still that is a messed up system.

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Oct 30, 2011

It's possible that the manager planned on talking to the employee at the next break, so as to not disrupt the flow of customers by removing a register for any period of time. How busy was this store?

• Km
    kmandichak Oct 30, 2011

First off, why didn't you just go to customer service to begin with? That seems pretty stupid to have the cashier ring something up, only to have it suspended. Second, I am a Walmart cashier and have never seen anything like that. And I have had social workers come through my line and never had to do anything like that. So either you live in a screwed up state or this complaint is bs.