Menu

Walgreens  - as an employee

Author of the complaint
1:12 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My experience Working for Walgreens

More than one year ago I was hired at our neighborhood Walgreens's. All I can say is "wow. How did I last this long?"..

Let me take you on a short story journey, on what REALLY happens inside our little home away from homes, that we call work.

From the outside, it looks like a pretty good job, nice, organized, people seem polite to you. Everyone has on his or her smock, nice neat name tags, smiles…At least, that's how it was when I went to fill out my application at the Walgreen's closest to me… unfortunately, I didn't get hired at that one, but at another one in the area…

I was hired by one of the laziest EXA's I think I have ever met…She didn't do a whole lot, she brought her boyfriend to work sometimes and he stayed there for hours on end… while her husband would circle the parking lot.

Oh but once she got transferred out we got someone much worse. At first, he helped out, complimented us, was even polite…but after two weeks, that wore off. He is rude, makes lewd comments, is far lazier than our last EXA and in his own little remarkes, discriminates, they might be very light when he says them, but now more and more people are catching on. He closes only once a week, and when he does, he mainly just sits in the office on his phone… he asks everyone else to clean his aisles, and gets an attitude if his are not straight, and if ours are not either. I have even made the comment to him about him being on the lazy side, and he told me "he didn't have to, he paid his dues".

And God-forbid you ever get pregnant while working there. At one point, I was put at main, with morning sickness, when I tell them I don't feel well, can I go home, I was told to just throw up in the trash can when I felt sick. I had to stay that whole night. The next day that I was there, I was approached by my store manager, after a few moments in the bathroom with morning sickness, these exact words "If you're going to be getting sick in the bathroom all day, then just go home, I'm not paying you to be sick!" I sure wish someone would have told me that the night I was working at main vomiting in the trash can…

And then of course, the morning I worked, while pregnant, was also the day loss prevention and district showed up… I bought some meds to calm my stomach so I wouldn't be getting sick, and when m y EXA asked "oh do you have the flu? You feel ok?"

When I told him "no, it's the morning sickness"

He Said "Oh...ok" As if having the Flu would have a better answer.

Needless to say, the medicine didn't work and I was in the bathroom most of that morning.

Not only was I sick, and tired, and having horrible mood swings, but it was also Christmas season!... At one point, I was scheduled 2:00-12:30… and of course we never got out of there until closer to 1:00 or 1:30. So trust me when I say, it was hard on my body.

Now if that sounded bad, try miscarrying. Unfortunately, when this happened, I had to call out. Which wasn't bad but in the confusion of it all, I had forgotten to get a doctors note. (Which by the way is easy to forget when you're not all there after that experience.) My manager rudely, a week later, asked where my doctors note was, and that she wouldn't give me my three *yes only three* sick day I asked for. She told me she needed it by Saturday. So I came in Saturday, and got talked at again because she needed it before 12:00. Well I didn't know that, but she agreed to put them on my NEXT paycheck. And, she forgot to put them on that one… in fact, I lost the baby on December 5 2006. I didn't receive pay for my sick days until February 2 2007. So it was about four pay checks later, that I finally got paid because a payout was out of the question.

Don't get me wrong, I love the company I work for. I love what I do here at Walgreen's. But the people that are put into power are absolutely horrible. My store manager. Yes, when everyone comes for the V.P visits, she puts on a wonderful act. Talks sweetly to everyone and treats her employee like little angels. But when you all are not around, she is completely different. She has a habit of talking down on me and of course other employees, which could be why we have such a high turnover rate at our location. She has her over the top sarcasm that just kills the mood .I honestly can not say how I have lasted this long here. There were times I was ready to just up and quit too. There were times I would go home crying because I have never in my life been talked down on so badly. Even as a child adults had never treated me poorly or said things that would make me that upset. And here I thought Walgreen's was a professional business-like place to work.

All around the office and back there are little reminders of our dress code, what we can and cant wear… well I sure wish district would have shown up on the day my manager decided to wear her Walgreens-bought skirt and high-heeled-backless clogs, that by the way, she could not even walk in. And since she could not walk in them, half of the day she walked around wearing grandma bedtime slippers she bought over in the sock aisle...And while wearing this, made a comment that my smock needed to be washed, actually, it had been, it had just become so faded it was looking messy. But then again, that how it almost always is… Once she hears higher up are coming things get rushed. She starts noticing imperfections. Of course, she doesn't notice them any other time…

Like I said before, don't get me wrong, I love my job… but the people that are put in power need to be re-evaluated. If anything goes wrong in that store, if the store fails and audit, guess whose fault it is… OURS. Not really hers, its ours. We are the ones who messed up. At least that's how it's made out to be. And if we get written up, it's normally for something we didn't even know we did wrong. We don't get a warning or anything like that. Unfortunately, we are poorly trained and when we see lazy people who are our higher ups how is that going to inspire us to work harder and perfect ourselves? It's not. I'll be the first to admit that I do slack off. Why not? I see my Manager and EXA doing it.

I'm not saying I'm a perfect person because I'm far from it… but I don't think I deserved to be treated like dirt when I am not. I am a good person. I am honestly not stupid and when it comes time to work, I do get most of my work, if not all of it done.

I also don't feel right signing my name to this, only because if it gets back to my manager on who wrote this, I will only be treated worse than I am now…and I honestly don't think I could take much more of it. But I am going to anyway. For I was off the clock when this was written, and if something is done off the clock I should not be punished for it, especially when I'm voicing my opinion

Helpful? 0 1

More Walgreens complaints & reviews

Walgreens - $3000. Sweepstakes
Walgreens - refuse to pay back
Walgreens - calling cards
Walgreens - employee relations
Walgreens - stolen merchandise - nobody cares!
Walgreens - overcharging of advertised sale items
106 comments

On March 23, 2012, I visited Walgreen's in Long beach, ca at the 5400 Cherry ave
address. I wanted to get pictures printed using my 27 throw away camera. I spoke to Kathrine. She asked me when did I want the prints. I told her no rush, - I will be back on Saturday March31, 2012. I told her that I didn't want the ONE hour purchase, because I will not be back till the following week. Today, March 31, I picked the prints up and found that not only had she concluded that I wanted ONE HOUR prints, she charged for ONE HOUR too! I am very upset and disappointed as that $ 25.00 is a lot of money for single prints. Very upset and feeling the crunch.

P
Jun 01, 2011 1:12 am

i dont know if this the correct complaint page, but there is a walgreens pharmacy and store in 100 broad st in pawtucket ri, and is a 24 hours store, im a pastor of church near there, people dont want to go over there any more, cause theres a lot of people outside of the store, they asking for money, they insult the people, even they sitting in front of the door, few people talked to the managers, we told them to call the police and the manager in charge dont want to do nothing.may 31st tuesday at 10pm we went overthere again and talked to the manager in charge and he had an attitude with us not with the bandits, what we need to do?thank you. pastor colion

Aug 21, 2010 1:12 am

like everyone else I go to Walgreens almost daily and am given a receipt that indicates their o/l feedback site.
There no longer is a feedback/survey site so the alternative is to call the number on the receipt and when you do they say that the survey is over. If so, why keep having receipts that ask that you take the survey. Duh!

My sleeping due is MARCH 20/ 2012
the pharmacist on charge she don't want to give me my tab's now, and told me I have to wait to MARCH 22/2012 causing me a big problem at sleeping time.
I was unable to sleep last night too
Feel rigt now .. very dissapointed on the way they treat me and the bad services recieve last night on the Pharmacy Dept .. by 2 females staff.

0 0

Manager Andre Carter making sexual advances towards female employees. Has been witnessed smaking another employee on butt, also makes comments about Female customers to other employees. He is very flirtatious to the employees, fellow employee has previously made reports to management about how he made her feel uncomfortable. Shows favortism to one certain employee and he has been made aware by myself that other staff has noticed this, meaning we see him flirting with her more often and him finding reasons to be alone with her.

Jun 08, 2010 1:12 am

I attempted to fill a prescription at the Walgreens in Hurst, TX for my mother who had just been released from the hospital. Not only did the prescription take 3 hours to fill (was promised 2 hours -still ridiculous) Employee Cole was very rude when i called to check on why the prescription was late- responding with "we service over 1, 000 customers a day. I don't know when it will be ready...could be 45 more minutes, could be 3 more hours." WOW. We will be taking our business to the CVS across the street.

W
Jan 17, 2010 1:12 am

I went to walgreens in Newport tn. to purachese some decongestant for my wife and they would not accept a united state uniformed service identifaction card . The manager said it had to be a driver lis. I got my money back and then went to CVS and they accept my military ID card they said it was gov. issue and they should have accept it
they took my miltary ID. Why don't walgreen drug stores take it. I think they are NOT doing the military veterans fair.

I
Mar 29, 2014 1:12 am

I worked for Walgreen's for 7 years. I was promised many things by managment about moving to cosmetics and I would be put over there for 4 or 3 days a week maybe for a couple months and it would always go back to sticking me up at the front register. let alone i knew the store like the back of my hand. customers respected me for my knowledge of the store and the fact that i was willing to drop everything to help them and focus on their needs. i put so much time in that store. so many years were spent there trying to prove to my coworkers all i was capable but it never seemed to be enough. there have been countless days were the managment disrespected me. i have actually been called racist by the head manager. there was a customer that was a regular i did not card at the time and the customer i rang up behind her told me i was racist and said i did not know how to do my job. that offended me cause that was entirely NOT ME and i have learned over my years at walgreens that i can refuse sale if a customer offends me. so i call mr. neal and try to explain what had just happened and that i need a moment and to send someone up there. my manager started yelling at me and taking the side of the customer. later he tells me what i did sounded racist. ok. wow. i should have quit than. but i gave the job a year more and things got way worse. the managers kept belittling me. if i had a problem with another employees work ethic or was sick they took all that information and shared it with each other. talk about employee confeditionality. i was treated with the littlest repsect there. it was a constant struggle and i had to get out. i guess you can say the last straw was when a manager called me poor. i was picking up a box of k-cups for my coffee machine. he was like "you can afford a keurig. people get that as wedding presents." the very next day i put in my two weeks. it is sad but i have never been as miserable at any other company but walgreens. my dad was actually a district manager at walgreens for many years. but he resigned when mr. walgreen left that company. the company changed. my dad told me that the employee treatment at walgreens was very unproffessional and wrong and that alone is a reason mr. walgreen left and my dad followed in his footsteps.

Sep 11, 2013 1:12 am

I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy(RSD) which is a horrific and debilatating disease, which has a pain index 4 times Cancer. It is extremely important that I take my medication as prescribed; however I repeatedly have issues getting my medication despite the fact that I have been utilizing the same Walgreens for over 3 years. My medication continues to be delayed despite may complaints to the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. I have been told Xanax is no longer being made or ordered, therefore my prescription could not be filled. I have been charged for medication that workman's compensation pays for; however because I can not go without the medicine, I have paid for a partial refill only to have the $70.00 refunded to back to me, on 9/10/13 when I requested the remaining Dexilant prescription however; I was once again told the medication was not workman's compensation. I suffer with Anxiety and Depression and stress affects my illness in an extremely negative manner. I would be more understanding if the prescriptions were knew are had been rejected by workman's compensation, which is not the case. The pharmacist continues to delay my prescriptions despite them previously being paid by workman's compensation. My prescription history should be readily available; however I continue to have problems. Which lead to me repeatedly contacting my physcians for assistance before I can get my medications.

View 0 more photos
Jan 23, 2011 1:12 am

I mailed Rx's to Walgreens and they filled most of them with generics which is what they are supposed to do. The Rx that they messed up was for Colchicine. Of course the doctor authorized a substitute which actually means that they could fill Rx with a generic. This is supposed to cost me $15.00 for 3 months. But they sent me Colcrys which is the brand name and a charge of $102. Walgreens didn't bother to notify me of their substitution, which I would have refused, and sent the Colcrys to me without my ok. I have tried to return the Rx but they will not allow that. I have talked to and emailed several people and no one gives any useful info. Nor do any of them seem to know what they are doing.

May 06, 2010 1:12 am

Credit card set up for Express Payment when buying prescriptions has been denied twice now. The latest May 5, 2010. I want to know why?

L
Mar 29, 2009 1:12 am

My doctor ordered a perscription for me to be filled at Walgreens. When I went to pick it up they only had part of the amount ordered. They charged me my co-pay of $25 and when I went to pick up the rest the next day they charged me another $25. A friend of mine had this same thing happen at CVS. Why are we be charged twice for one order? It's not our fault they didn't have enough in stock. Is it the insurance company or the pharmacy that is mandating this proceedure of charging us twice for one order?

B

This place is ridiculous! They promise a $25 gift certificate for transferring a prescription, but...the list of exclusions almost needs a separate booklet! Everything in the store is grossly overpriced, nearly double what you will pay elsewhere, and most items on-line are the same. Those on-line that are comparable value are "out of stock" - ALWAYS! Not that it matters. Apparently their gift certificates aren't usable on-line. Oh, and they overcharge for sales tax on-line. I don't see how I can possibly use this "gift certificate" given all the restrictions. It is a scam. Please take your business elsewhere. They even bought off the Better Business Bureau so they will not accept complaints. I will never set foot in their stores again. Anyone want a "gift certificate" ice scraper?

L
Aug 24, 2016 1:12 am

On Dec 19, I called the local Walgreen's (That I do &10, 000+ business w/ yr.) to make sure that my Nexium refill was ready for pickup. My PCP had faxed a new prescription. They said it was ready. I made the trip over, and they said they couldn't give it to me because the pharmacy records erroneously stated that I was not due for a refill. (However, AARP accepted it.) They said they would call and straighten out. On Dec 23, I returned. Same story. No call had been made. Same confusion. Who runs things at this store? If I can make time for futile repeated trips, how hard can it be to pick up the phone! I'm very angry.

W
Jul 13, 2016 1:12 am

I know a local walgreens store hired a girl who wasnt even qualified as a pharmacist or tech to work in their pharmacy... Turns out she been swipping pills in small quantities at a time and selling them to her family and friends. How crappy is their inventory that they cant catch their employees STEALING DRUGS!? I heard her bragging about it to one of her "friends" a big part of me wants to call the store and tell them what I know so they can press charges against her, but on the other hand I just want to let her get caught by the wrong person and have a huge lawsuit filed against walgreens. Maybe then theyll hire certified staff to work in their pharmacy!.

0 0

Is it necessary that on just about every corner in the entire city there is a Walgreens pharmacy right across the street from a CVS? I understand competition but to have these two fking stores on just about every intersection around town is ridiculous. Neither of the stores have decent prices on anything, and I cant imagine why any zoning commissioner would approve these two stores to be located directly across the street from each other in SO MANY intersections.

Im just tired of seeing them all over the place. Especially when both suck at customer service and prices.

Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

I went to walgreens in pasco washington picked up items totaling almost 50.00. i asked the checker if i could do half on debit and half on cash the checker

wouldnt even answer me her name was Beniko I repeated the question she still didnt answer me.she didnt say thank you to us or anything gave us a dirty look and said to the customers behind us oh sorry for the wait. I have had better service at thrift stores spending much less money. when we walked up to pay she was leaving the checkstand and said ill be right back, she failed to opoligize for our wait.

C

Walgreens pharmacy in Augusta, GA; loves to lay off good employees, endorses job discrimination, promotes incompetent employees to management, bad customer service, and has a very poor selection of pharmacy products..

Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

The Walgreens Store Manager in Boise Idaho located on Fairview and Milwaukee location is a real jerk. He is this young cocky arrogant kid that expects customers to call him by Mr. I hear him talk down to employees at the store I hear him be rude to customers who have to return something. I had a complaint and it was about him and he made me leave the store. My complaint was he was being very rude to the cashier in front of me and several other customers in the store. This kid should not be a manager of a store if he can’t be respectful of his employess. Due to this arrogant manager I will not shop at Walgreens ever again.

0 0

I visit this pharmacy on a regular basis and I have resorted to taking written prescriptions in because if they are faxed over they will sit on the fax machine for God know's how long. They will quote you a time and you will sit for what seems like days. Their typical response is twenty minutes but I will bet that it will be closer to an hour. And that's if there are no hold up's and no long lines. They seem to have major issues with lines as well no matter time of day it is. I am a stay at home mom so I have tried all different times of the day to try to avoid this problem as well and it seems that there is just no good resolution. They also seem to have some kind of issue with at least one other persons prescription while I'm standing in line waiting for mine which almost always holds things up... I really hate going into this place and dread having to refill my prescriptions. I am now in the process of flipping all my meds. over to the target all the way across town. What a major pain to have to go from a place that is literally next door to driving 10 mins. away.

0 0

I don't know if Walgreens offers polite, courteous service in small towns, but in the big cities (South Florida area), they go out of their NOT to provide any kind of customer service at all. I complained to the main corporate office so many times about the rude, negligent pharmacy service, that finally I pulled ALL OF MY BUSINESS from their pharmacies, and switched to Walmart...that's right, crazy old Walmart, where I'm treated TEN TIMES BETTER than at any Walgreens Pharmacy. Also, getting a question answered at any of these South Florida stores is a TOTAL IMPOSSIBILITY. You can wait for a floor person until doomsday, and nobody will come help you. This also applies to their so-called "telephone customer service"...just try and call one of these stores and have somebody answer a question about whether they stock an item or not. To hell with them: now, I not only won't give them any pharmacy purchases, but I won't shop at their stores at all for anything. Obviously, they don't care.

Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

Over 11 prescription bags I've saved since March, 2010. Rude customer service every time. I switched to Rite Aid and they treat me with respect. I will not be cashing your $25.00 check to come back to Walgreens. Loser!

Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

The pharm. at Walgreens(the older man) was RUDE! I went to get my presp. filled like I have for months. He sent them all back and told me he wouldn't fill anything that was from out of town. NOTHING! Not even Vit.. D! Then told me I should be using a doctor in my small town instead of going to the city. Then he shut off the intercom! I WILL NEVER SHOP OR USE WALGREENS AGAIN! THAT ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THAT OLD F#RT HAS BEEN RUDE EITHER, BYE THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO SPEND MY MONEY! I WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ARE THE RUDEST COMPANY EVER!

Jul 20, 2010 1:12 am

They had a unbeavely great sale on back to school suplies with coupons. Two days into the sale, most of the stock was gone. But, at the check out counter, with the coupons i had handed the checker, i was still not given the sale price. I did`nt check the reciept till i was home & now i have to drive another 34miles round trip to straighten this out. In this day & age no one can afford the gas to have to make this trip, Again.

J
Oct 31, 2013 1:12 am

I was prescribed (4) times the dosage of medicine my Doctor called in for me to the pharmacist. I began getting sick and finally two weeks after taking this medicine I called my Doctor to let him know something was wrong.
It was at this point he suggested 18mg of this medicine should not be doing this to me. I had to look at the bottle of medicine again because I remember seeing 80mg.
Sure enough, I was prescribed 4 times the dosage the Doctor called in, it was 80mg pills instead of 18mg.
I was falling asleep at work, driving and falling asleep and having to pull over. At one point it was suggested I get drug tested at work and explained to them it was a new medicine I was taking. They sent me home at that point.
After realizing what happened I slept for nearly three days missing work because of this.
I went to the pharmacy and they admitted it was filled improperly. They never took an incident report, the pharmacist or the store manager. I left fuming and called the Walgreens consumer complaint line and reported the incident to them. 3 weeks later I have still not gotten a courtesy call, nor a call from anyone asking for more information on this matter. There is a case number but nothing gets done. I am still going through withdrawals and have seen 2 Doctor's to date.

I

I bought a few sale items. The Christmas candy was MARKED half price, i also bought 2 Almay Powders that were clearanced out. CLEARLY MARKED, on the display!

When i got to the register, TRACY K., checked me out...she rang up my items & they came up regular priced. When she rang up the candy, i told her it was HALF PRICE. She looked clearly irritated. There was a young man who was helping her...i think he may have been the manager. He told her to ring it up for a dollar. That was NOT half the price..i didn't say anything.. Then another candy came up REG price. I told her it said christmas candy all half priced. The man told her how to ring it up. Then some gingerbread cookies came up. There was disagreement there as well.
Then my powder came up & rang up REG price. I told BOTH of them...Its right over there...you could see the item from where we stood. Again, she looked pissed.
At the end, i told him did u want her to take 50% off the candy...she argued with him & said YOU TOLD ME TO CHARGE A DOLLAR.
I think this gal is clearly NOT an assett to Walgreens. She was rude & ignorant & DID NOT APOLOGIZE. After the sale was over, they left...he said to her earlier that hed show her the sale.
Why doesn't the register automatically ring up clearance or sales...we customers shouldn't have to holdup lines of customers nor should we have to PROVE it sale of the item.
When the 2 walked off, i told the older lady, who was extremely helpful to me earlier in finding something, that i thought the girl had an attitude.
People like TRACY K. do not make Walgreens look very good & i will definately not go to this Walgreens again.
I do a lot of business with Walgreens...

Theres a lot of folks out there out of work & who would probably appreciate a job much more than this ignorant kid!

J
Jun 18, 2010 1:12 am

I was very dissapointed to learn that the Walgreens brand of Noxema has been discontinued! Why? I loved it!
To me, it was better than the Noxema brand ! It was alot cheaper also!
Please bring it back on the shelves!

H
May 21, 2010 1:12 am

I have had nothing but trouble with Walgreens. I am stuck with using their mail service for the year but I may not survive the year. The latest and worst problem is that they sent me duplicate presciptions of two medications for 3 mo. each, sent about a month apart. On one pair of prescriptions, the dosage was different. The first rx I received had the dosage at two tablets which was twice what I should have been taking. I saw the dr. today who prescribed this and showed him the two rx. I learned online that an overdose of this drug can lead to serious kidney problems. It just happens that this dr. is my kidney dr, and my kidney function has dropped precipitously. May be coincidence, maybe not. My granddaughter in Kansas says most people in her small town don't trust Walgreens.

Needless to say, I am very angry about this.

E
Jan 29, 2012 1:12 am

January 17 TH 2012 Time:3, 22 PM I visit Walgreens Store in Phoenix, AZ Day was hot I would like to chill down, I purchased
My Big Rig Broke down and I was in hotel in Phoenix Arizona.Walgreen Ice cream and frozen Strawberies product of Argentina + Peru, Item: 134753, BAR CODE :[protected].Problem
IS BEGAN WHEN I COME TO HOTEL ROOM I OPENED PLASTIC BAG OF STRAWBERIES WHICH WAS READY TO EAT -BECOME TAWT AS I WALKED TO MY HOTEL ROOM. TASTE OF STRAWBERIES WAS VERY BAD NO SMEL ANY AS STRAWBERIES HAVE TASTE WAS AS NOTHING TO REMINDING TO STAWBERIES. I TOSSED TO DUMPSTER AND I HAVE ONLY PLAIN ICE CREAM . i WOULD LIKE REMIND TO CORPORATE WHSE SHOPERS NEXT TIME DO BUSINESS
WITH AMERICAN STRAWBERIES GROWERS OUR CALIFORNIA STRAWBERIES HAVE EXLENT TASTE AND PRICE CAN BE LESS AS I WAS FOR 12OZ 2.59. DO YOU THINK AMERICAN CITIZZEN ARE PIGS YOU CAN FEED HIM ALL KIND OF
CRAP! YES I WANT TO BE CONTACTED AND i HAVE RECEIPT FROM MY PURCHASE I AM LOOKING TO COMPENZATED
YOU CAN CONTACT ME at : [protected] or EMAIL: [email protected] Thank you very Much, Eugen Pindes, Ca

Apr 28, 2013 1:12 am

I am sorry Walgreens manager, but the lady is correct. this is what happened to me yesterday on the phone at your store in Los Gatos, Ca. I take 30 units of Lantus insulin daily and with the amount to prime the solostar pen every day, I use 32 units a day. My doctor wrote a new rx for me December 15, 2012, and 45 ml/3 boxes were dispensed. I am now down to 2 pens and called for a refill for my rx. it was a major fight on the phone to get it refilled at the original rx. I was told everything from "the insurance won't pay for it, its too early, to the fact that 3 boxes being dispensed was a mistake. they were going to alter my doctor's original rx. they told me i was entitled to one box every 30 days, and it is a 35.00 copay and that is the problem, instead of getting the 3 boxes at one 35.00 copay, Walgreens wanted to get the other 70.00 that they weren't going to get. as it turns out. i called my health insurance x2 and the told me that i was entitled to 3 boxes every 30 days. the problem is that walgreens just wants money. well even after i straightened that out and your pharmacist last night was really nice to me and told me i was right after he talked to my health insurance. the pharmacist tonight said they would be audited and that is a lot of hogwash, because my health insurance is paying for it and they told me 3 boxes every 30 days which is what the rx states and your pharmacist tonight told me to get the doctor to correct the rx and I told him that the rx was correct as written and that my health insurance told me and your pharmacist 3 boxes every 30 days with one copay and that is the problem because instead of getting 105.00 for the 3 boxes walgreens will only get 35.00 one copay. it is money, money money and dont tell me it isnt.

and your pharmacist has too much control over the refills. they should be filled as written and no arguments unless something is way out of order.

if i worked a different shift, i would pull all of my rxs out of there and go somewhere else.

Jun 03, 2015 1:12 am

why do have to listen to Spanish on their 800 number? you want to cater to illegals? then, you don't get my business.

Dec 30, 2015 1:12 am

im gonna check between now august. if i dont think its good in there, ill walk around and take notes and post it here.

Dec 30, 2015 1:12 am

damn if i post here walgreens wont hire me. tooooo bad i quitted! wooooo! i can go on about how much this place lacks, but i just want to give them the benefit of the doubt theyll work on 2575 broadway NY NY. If they can fix that thing ill give a good response. if not idk. whats a good deadline for something like that guys? how long should i give them?

Sep 01, 2015 1:12 am

My pharmacy manager in financial district San Francisco treat technicians like we're dog, he likes to say "stupid" or "a dog smarter than you", especially when he is in bad mood from home or whatever his problems, he like a king and just say bad things to techs. I reported to Walgreens complaint hotline but no respond. He doesn't have respect to other employees & like to talk in Chinese talking bad about us (techs) who not chinese. Very..very bad experience work at this store, I've tried to be nice & ignore, but everyday he treat employees bad. He only treat customers who rich, kiss their ###. I am trying to find another job.

Jun 05, 2015 1:12 am

Careful, your bigot is showing.

N
Jun 17, 2016 1:12 am

At 4910 N First Ave Tucson, AZ 85704. The Pharmacist, Please respect and be nice to customers. I hope that you have a better services. I was a customer stand near by pharmacy's counter.

Apr 13, 2015 1:12 am

Kyle is obviously a child also who likes to come to conclusions without knowing a person.

Apr 13, 2015 1:12 am

Also I reported this to the cops. You are obviously a child mistaking being told no as rudeness, and I will make sure the sicko who got you pregnant is charged. What sicko gets a child pregnant.

Apr 13, 2015 1:12 am

I am glad you has a miscarriage, you sound unfit to be a parent and we don't need you to add more of your gene pool to the planet. Sounds like you are the problem.

Apr 13, 2015 1:12 am

Walgreen's does suck! It's a shame that they have been able to get away with so much and for so long. I unfortunately have had the last of bad experiences. I kept thinking to give them a chance because after all every store is different and with different personality employees but today I went in to pick up an antibiotic and specifically requested this antibiotic but the pharmacist gave me two prescriptions that included the one I had requested. When I got home, I realized that I was given one I had not asked for so I went back to return the second, 45 minutes later. After being told to wait (after 15 mins), Daniel Min Pharmacy Manager of the Walgreen's on 5201 Belt Line Rd., Dallas, TX rudely told me that there was nothing that could be done and that I needed to get out of my vehicle and go inside. Then he began to "argue" and talking over me saying that he didn't know what he wanted me to do, that supposedly "by law the prescription could not be returned" even though I had just been deceived into buying it, given that I had told the pharmacy tech what I was specifically picking up. Daniel Min stated, "we just assume"...totally unacceptable behavior, response and customer service. Mr. Min was very condescending and offered no other options, in fact, he just refused to even listen or take any accountability, blaming the doctor and the patient. Walgreen's and Daniel Min show proof of such an unethical business and practice. SHAMEFUL! A business should never "assume" as Mr. Min stated. Good customer service entails giving the customer thorough information so that the customer can make a choice of what they need to purchase. It seems Mr. Daniel Min just manages his techs as paper pushers and not responsible service providers. He himself takes no accountability for their own mistakes which only demonstrates proof of terrible management.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1349 complaints