Walgreens - Decatur, ILdeceptive advertised items/coupons

M

This morning I went to 3 Walgreens stores in Decatur, IL looking for the new release DVD Flushed Away which was advertised for release on Feb 20 (today). This item was advertised in Sunday's newspaper Walgreens ad along with a $5.00 off coupon. The first store said they had only received 2 of the DVDs and were already sold out! The other 2 stores had not even received any of the advertised item. This is certainly a way for Walgreens to make customers mad... chasing around from store to store looking for an item in your ad only to find out supplies were not sufficient or not stocked at all. If the ploy is to get customers in the store and buy something else... did not work with me... just made me mad enough to contact you. VERY POOR customer service!!

• Do
    Dorlem Nov 10, 2008

Don't give me that bs because I worked for Walgreens for two and a half years, being promoted about 5 times. I know that Walgreens only recieves about one to four copies of new dvds, but I also know the incompetence of the managers. I would go into Walgreens and see DVDs out on the shelf 1-2 weeks before it was released nationally, which is a federal offense. If you look at the past a Harry Potter book was released by a company a week before it was supposed to which resulted in a large lawsuit.

Cameron Aug 31, 2008

I agree with Aaron and Lindsay! Walgreen's customer service isn't poor simply because they hadn't recieved an item from their warehouse yet. There is nothing that the store can do about that. You could have asked any of the employees to stop what they're doing (except for the front cashier) and call around to other stores in your area to check if they have the item. Or you could have done it yourself! Phones are still in use for a reason. Just because you decided to drive all around town because you assume things doesn't mean that Walgreens has bad customer service.

To Carmelita,
    IDT gave Walgreens a bad batch of phone cards to sell. Walgreens isn't at fault for getting those cards and there's no way to know they're bad before they're sold. The Walgreens employee was nice enough to stop what he was doing to call IDT for you (even though you did it yourself anyway). It's not Walgreens fault that IDT was rude and short with you. Blame IDT. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Aa
    Aaron Jul 27, 2008

Did it ever occur to you to call ahead after the first store?

This is why retail sucks; pretentious customers expect to be pampered and treated like royalty while they yell and scream because they don't get their way. You want to label a company as a whole because you couldn't obtain a cheap copy of a bad movie?

Grow up.

• Li
    Lindsey Jul 20, 2008

Walgreens warehouses receive a limited number of new DVDs FROM THE MANUFACTURER. Therefore, each store only receives a few copies. If your store is out of the item you want to purchase, you may ask them to call other Walgreens in the area to see if they have a copy in stock (and they'll hold it for 24 hours). Or a manager can write you a raincheck. Walgreens stores have no control over the number of new DVDs it receives each week. Sorry.
    --from a current employee--

• La
    LANDA WOOD Jul 20, 2008

IDT IS A RIP OFF!!THEY WONT EVEN SEND ME MY CELL PHONE CALL HISTORY!THEY TOLD ME ONE MONTH.I KEPT CALLING ND CALLING, AND ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS AND STILL NOTHING.ALSO WHEN CALLING YOU GET CHARGED EVEN IF IT RINGS AND NO ANSWER.SOMETIMES YOU CANT HEAR THE OTHER PERSON AND THE COMMUNICATION IS BAD.SOMETIMES YOU CALL A NUMBER AND YOU GET A DIFERENT NUMBER AND END UP CALLING SOMEONE YOU DIDNT EVEN CALL.YOU CALL TALK FOR 5 MINUTES AND YOU HANG UP AND THEY SAY YOU TALKED FOR 15 MINUTES.AND YOU CANT PROVE YOU ONLY TALKED FOR 5MINUTES!!!IDT IS A RIP OFF!!!

CARIDAD MIRAN Jul 20, 2008

I USED IDT ONE TIMES FROM WALGREENS.STAY AWAY FROM THIS CALLING CARD.I HAD PROBLEMS SO MANY TMES.I CALLED A CELL PHONE AND IT WOULD RING, THEY DIDNT ANSWER, BUT I GOT CHARGED FOR EVERY TIME IT RANG.I LOST 20 DOLLARS FOR NOTHING.IDT SAID, BECAUSE IT WAS A CELL PHONE THEY COULDNT REFUND MY MONEY!!

Carmelita Pearson Nov 12, 2007

I bought a $25.00 international Pre-Paid phone card from Walgreen's with "IDT" logo on it. as I tried to used it, the person could not hear me but I can hear her. I tried to resolved the situation by going to Walgreen. They called the customer service but they could not help . I called the customer service and tried to explained to them that I have just talked to the same person the same cell phone seconds before my "MCI" pre paid phone cards run out of minutes and yet they are still trying to tell me that it is the phone. It does not make any sense. I am using the same land line phone, calling the same cell phone, with in minutes. The only things change was the different Pre-Paid phone cards. None of them were able to help me. I waste my $25.00 of Pre Paid phecard from company with a logo of "IDT" from Walgreen's.

• Em
    Emil y Sep 01, 2007

Make the Walgreens call other stores to see if they have one in stock and tell them to hold it for you. Be assertive.

• Lo
    Lori Mello Aug 25, 2007

I dont' think it's a ploy to get you in the store for a DVD. I think that because Walmart always has DVDs cheaper they only get a few so they are not stuck with their overpriced DVDs. I have yet to see Walgreens ever beat Walmart on DVD prices and Walmart takes coupons too & will beat a competitors price when you bring the ad in .