Having problems with Vons?

Vons reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review The service at 5500 Woodruff Lakewood California was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint wic issue/rude customer service& manager was resolved on Sep 21, 2014. Vons has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 553 reviews. Vons has resolved 15 complaints.

Vons Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 723 3929 (Disabled Services Issues)
+1 877 505 4040 (Grocery Delivery)
+1 714 300 6131 (Media Contact)
+1 714 300 6786 (Media Contact)
618 Michillinda Ave.
Arcadia, California
United States - 91007-6300
Customer Support Center
M.S. 10501 P.O. Box 29093, Phoenix, AZ 85038

Press/Media
Public Affairs Department, 250 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vons Customer Service. Initial Vons complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vons above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vons. Discuss the issues you have had with Vons and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vons Complaints & Reviews, Page 28

Vons.comabuse and lies

I have been using home delivery from Vons-Safeway online home shopping for 2 years.
Most orders have some problems but the customer service representatives one has to deal with are absolutely HORRIBLE.
The customer service representatives leave customers on hold for 15 or more minutes just waiting for them to answer and then they are rude... if your order has arrived melted they argue that the trucks are refrigerated... even when the ice cream is melting through the box and the driver is covered in sweat. Furthermore, Vons representatives have reported to me that they are keeping detailed history notes on customers which I found out is what is prompting them to be so terribly rude to me. I have not given my consent to Vons - Safeway to compile information on me. This is a violation of my civil liberties and my right to privacy. I spent an hour and a half today attempting to get refunded for a completely melted and spoiled order... The first rep at Vons homeshopping, Kathy, hung up on me after reporting that her manager Andrea was out to lunch and that she would not assist me. The second rep, Curtis, after a 15 minute wait reported Andrea was simply too busy to get on the phone with me and reported that detailed history files were being compiled on customers and this somehow gave him license to be extremely abusive towards me. I called the other number on my order, the general customer service for Safeway and was handed over to tamara who identified herself as a supervisor, she left me on hold for several minutes and when I asked for a contact number for regional management I was placed on hold again and then another supervisor Coby Archer came on... he did not give me contact information for complaints to regional management either and placed me on hold again... telling me Andrea is on the phone somewhere else helping ME with MY order? Then a supervisor for homeshopping who identified herself as Missy popped on the line... Missy agreed to allow me to record the conversation in which she refused to give me the regional managers name, told me that there is a policy or guideline which states she can refuse to refund my order unless I (a disabled customer) haul the merchandise down to the store, leave the spoiled groceries downstairs in my apartments lobby or cancel my weekend trip to await a callback from a driver to pick them up at their leisure. I had a 1-3PM delivery window. I began calling customer service at 3PM and was hung up on and transferred and placed on hold until 4:30PM. I told Missy I would give Vons until end of day to pick up the groceries and was still told that she refused to refund my purchase. I contacted my credit card company and placed a chargeback on the purchase and the driver who made it back before 5PM was unable to get through to customer service to ensure my refund. He was nice enough to sign a receipt for the merchandise and said he had informed his manager earlier in the day that the refrigeration unit on the truck was not working.

The online home shopping department of Vons - Safeway are absolutely horrible rude people. They have no concern for the well being or satisfaction of their customers. They go out of their way to cite non-existant policies and argue with customers who they know have disabilities and require their services to be timely and correct. Vons - Safeway home shopping are compiling notes on their customers that are not only an invasion of privacy and a violation of civil liberties rights but are making their representatives go out of their way to be abusive to longstanding customers. These representatives cite policies and guidelines that do not exist to further their abuse and lies.

Respond

Vons — rude manager

Today 12/28/08 at 2:00PM after shoping at Vons Supermarket in Huntington Beach CA, I, reminded to cashier...

Vons — bad customer service

I have been a Vons Customer for over 30 years. In my current town of residence, Scripps Ranch San Diego...

Vonsfood poisoning

My husband and I were visiting Las Vegas for our 28th wedding anniversary. We stopped at the Vons (dstore 2615) after golf to pick up some snack food. At the deli counter they were offering '5 dollar Friday Chicken Tenders' - 1 LB for $5.00. We bought a pound (about 5 tenders) and asked for Honey Mustard dipping sauce. About 4 hours after eating them I became violently ill, throwing up followed by alternating chills and sweats. 4 hours after I became ill my husband did the same. We know it had to be the tenders and/or honey mustard sauce as it was the only thing we both had eaten that day.
    Obviously this ruined our weekend. We were not able to do any of the things we had planned. We spent 36 hours in our room with an occassional venture out for gatorade or sofa drinks. It was miserable.

1 Response
      • To
        Too Smart Jul 06, 2015

I'm not surprised, VONS (Safeway) in Las Vegas is a rip off. Who knows what they use and re-use to fry those chicken tenders. I have been ordering VONS home delivery for years, however, I noticed that the prices shown on their weekly flyers do NOT match the prices online. I sent them an e-mail on June 25 and another on June 29 asking why the difference but to date I have received no reply. An example, the flyer shows 4 limes for $1, online it shows 60 cents each; mayo $1.99 online $3.99; I could go on and on. I live in Las Vegas, and like hundreds of others I do not have a car, it has been 110F every day for the last two weeks and continuing. Me and many others wish that another supermarket like Smith's or Albertsons would provide delivery service so that we don't have to depend on VONS who, like most businesses in this town, are here to take advantage of the old, the poor and the disabled.

Vonsfalse advertising

My Sister and I saw Von's full page ad in the Union Tribune on Friday, Sept. 26th. Vons advertised products for our Jewish New Year on sale in their stores. Included were kosher turkeys, blintzes, yortzeit candles, noodles, challah, etc.

We drove to 3 different Vons Markets on Sat., 9/27, in search of these foods. The stores are in 3 different areas of San Diego. In all 3 stores, not only were there none of these advertised products, but the store managers looked at us as though we were crazy ! Nobody seemed to know a thing about this ad.

Vons falsely advertised, their personnel treated us with no dignity, and we both feel that this borders on prejudice as well as lack of backing up the ad they published.

We would like an apology as well as an explanation for this . We feel that perhaps Vons is not the market we should be shopping in.

Respond

Vons — overdue refund

On 12/24/07, I bought two gift cards for the family of a homeless boy that I tutor at a North Hollywood...

Vons — they ripped me off

On Aug 15th, I purchased a $50 AMEX gift card for a friend as a gift. I later on find out that the card had a...

Vons — poor customer service

I went to Vons at about 8pm on a Sunday night. I only had to get about 6 things. I thought this would be a...

Vons — selling outdated food & rudeness

I bought a Tombstone frozen pizza on 08/08/08 at Vons, 516 N Glendale Ave, Glendale CA 91206 That night when...

Von's Supermarket — poor customer service!

Von's Supermarket-agita for life. Agita, a perfect word in Italian to describe my feelings for my local...

Von's — poor cusotmer service!

I have been shopping at the Von's Northridge Store (Reseda and Nordhoff) for 24 years. I am a regular...

Von's Marketsterrible hr practices!

I am 57 years old and am seeking work. I saw an add on retirement jobs.com for various positions for the Von's stores so I sent in a resume and was called for an interview. When I went in for the interview well dressed I was treated coldly by a Gal by the name of Elizabeth and I could tell because of my age she was not interested and said she was not really hiring right now but just trying to get a feel for the kind of people looking for jobs. I was furious when I left since that is false advertising on many websites and I wasted my gas and time for a job I thought I would have liked. They say they are an EOE but this gal surely did not play by the rules and I am considering legal actions since this was blatant discrimination because of my age. This Von's is in Camarillo, Ca on Mission Oaks Blvd.

3 Responses
          • Ry
            Ryanfashiz Nov 23, 2019

I asked for my Atlantic salmon to be deboned with pliers. Butcher said this was not a service they provided. I would suggest this be added to your regular butcher service. It is a very common request and this is the first I have been denied.

• Sh
            SHLee Oct 16, 2019

I went to this store today around 2 am.
            I lost my phone by mistake but the staff helped me to find my phone and they found.
            So I would like to say thanks to the staff again for trying hard to find my phone at the time. You guys saved my life.
            Thank you so much !!!

• Ci
            Cindy Zendejsd Sep 25, 2019

On the 9/18/2019 I bought chicken tenders and potatoe wedges as soon as I finish my food my stomach started to feel upset on my way home I throw up and I been throwing up with the runs ever since I miss work cause your food made me get food poisoning. You need to check your food for bacteria it can make people real sick

Vons — bad business practices

I am writing you about the most unpleasant and disappointing experienced I have ever had at a grocery store...