Having problems with Vons?

Vons reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review The service at 5500 Woodruff Lakewood California was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint wic issue/rude customer service& manager was resolved on Sep 21, 2014. Vons has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 553 reviews. Vons has resolved 15 complaints.

Vons Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 723 3929 (Disabled Services Issues)
+1 877 505 4040 (Grocery Delivery)
+1 714 300 6131 (Media Contact)
+1 714 300 6786 (Media Contact)
618 Michillinda Ave.
Arcadia, California
United States - 91007-6300
Customer Support Center
M.S. 10501 P.O. Box 29093, Phoenix, AZ 85038

Press/Media
Public Affairs Department, 250 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vons Customer Service. Initial Vons complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vons above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vons. Discuss the issues you have had with Vons and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vons Complaints & Reviews, Page 27

Vons — inappropriate behavior

How can vons have employees doing inappropriate things like in pasadena store my son and i are walking out...

Vons — wic issue/rude customer service& manager

I went to use a WIC check, (2 actually), 1 for 2 juices for 64 oz, and 1 for a loaf of cheese. I clearly know...

Vonsrude employee

Today is August 21 and it's 9:24 pm. I just shopped at Vons on Chino Hills Parkway in Chino Hills. Store manager is Ron Rios per my receipt. I had a terrible experience with a very rude employee. The employee's name is Sandy. This middle aged lady was very busy speaking with another customer right before me and they were discussing some type of rates for something. Both were so busy, I'm glad Sandy noticed me at all. She started scanning my order without even greeting me and then she made a strange sign to me whether I have some type of a card. I understood that as if she was asking me for a Vons card and I replied that I don't have a card. Together with all merchandise I unloaded a bottle of wine. Sandy took the wine bottle and put it somewhere at the bottom of her register. I assumed she will wrap it once she is done with scanning my order. It turned out that Sandy was asking me about an ID for the wine. She told me that without an ID she will not sell me the wine. I told her that I have an ID to which she replied with an outrage and rolling eyes:"But I asked you about a card!". Which card did she "ask" me about when she only made a sign at me since she was too busy discussing loudly other matters. I apologized for the misunderstanding even though it happened because Sandy was too busy speaking with the previous customer and not paying attention to me at all. It's worth mentioning that I'm 48-years old and even if I look young, I don't look "that young". I told Sandy my age and that for 20-years nobody has asked me for my ID in regards to alcohol. She replied rudely:"Well, you look young", just to say something. The whole time she was making grimases, rolling eyes, her tone was rude and impatient, which really made me feel very humiliated. After I gave her my ID, she re-scanned my small order fast and gave me $7 back. I also explained to her that I don't have a Vons card and she asked me whether I want one. I replied:"Yes" and she gave me an application which I filled really fast. I forgot to put my phone number. Sandy wrote it for me, but her whole demeanor and tone was like she was dealing with the stupidest person in the world. I felt so "small", no person should feel like that shopping... :( And the mistake was not even mine, Sandy was too busy speaking to the previous customer about her deeds. I got the Vons membership card and with a snappish instructive tone Sandy explained that "that's why the phone number is needed". She asked me about the new Vons card one more time in regards to scanning the wine now and since I could not produce it right there on the spot, it was already in my purse, she continued making the very offensive grimases. :( She also apologized to the customers behind rolling her eyes right in my face as if I'm a ###. :( I left the store very belittled and even stopped outside for a breath of fresh air, so I can drive. The whole experience and Sandy's demeanor were very humiliating. This employee was not professional at all and she is in a dire need of at least counseling or even much more.

Von's Store #2596unreasonably warm inside store

I went to Von's Market to shop for groceries on 9/05/2013. It was 10;00 am and 80 degrees outside. I have MS and am heat intolerant. The store was so warm inside, I had to rush to finish my shopping and get into air conditioning. I asked the cashier why it was so warm inside and she told me the "higher-ups" in the company signed up to conserve energy with the Edison Company.
    I told her it was too warm in the store and the store will end up throwing out a lot of over ripe produce so they really weren't going to save that much money, not to mention people would not take the time to browse for items not on their lists. They will come in and get out as fast as they can. Please take another look at the person who made this decision and ask them if they know ANYTHING about sales and how to entice customers rather than drive them away. In the meantime, I'll be grocerery shopping elsewhere.

Von's La Crescentachicken tenders

Have been a Von's Chicken Tenders customer for a while but lately the chicken is OLD, the batter is HARD and outweighs the chicken about 3 to one. Suspect making batter to chicken ratio heavy on the batter side to make old, shrunken chicken look big and juicy.
      Can't figure out batter content... is it decomposed composition board or ordinary saw dust?

Vonscustomer

This is not a complaint on vons but rather a customer who is ignorant, pompous, and clearly has no life nor good intentions in her body... I understand your too much of a coward to show your name or your face around my store, (Nothappy111) username but ths is the acting asst. Manager for vons pasadena store 2858 colorado and sierra madre, and this is in response to your ridiculous complaint against meat dept employee marcus sims... You came to me claiming to have seen mr sims smoking marijuana outside of the store several times which is insane and falsely reported... Not only was he not smoking a cigarette but he was subject to manadory testing and passed with flying colors, hes since been with us over a year and has been employee of the month 6 times hes on his way to managing and is moving up the ranks at rapid speed. Id say you need to do some soul searching and come back to our store and apologize to mr sims for your poor judgement of him I understand some ppl have issues with minorities but here at vons we see no color line and practice no racial profyling... Thank you have a great day...
        Stan hodge #. Manager

Respond

Vons.com / Safewayboycott donation charity scam harassment shame bully fraud checkout customer

Panhandeling Begging Donation Charity Scam Harassment Shame Bullying Fraud Checkout Customer Register Elder Abuse Raising grocery Prices Boycott

Vons should be ashamed at their scam of repeatedly asking paying customers to give to a donation to charity of Vons' Choice. I was donating a dollar each time i shopped. I stopped after hearing a radio talk show complain about this practice of shaming the customer into donating. The next time i was in the store checking out, I selected "decline to give to a charity" I thought that would be the end but the cashier completed the transaction and held my receipt hostage while asking me to give once again. I politely declined then she said we can "round up " meaning if my bill was 25.70, I would agree to pay 26.00 for the third time I politely declined . She reluctantly released my receipt and allowed me to leave.I see the game clearly, they are determined to force, bully or shame you into giving. I will NEVER give to a Vons sponsored charity. I also will boycott any charity they were forcing down my throat. On a side note the guy bagging the groceries asked me twice, if I wanted help out while she tried desperately to add money to my bill. She asked twice if I found everything I was looking for and If I updated my Vons card . The Cashier and the guy bagging were firing off a barrage of questions and I know it's part of the SCAM to Confuse, Distract, Disorientate and Bombard the customer, anything to ADD money onto the bill. I have this lady on video trying to force me to donate. I am also investigating who is behind this aggressive panhandling at the register. It's so sad, the homeless beg in front of the store and cashiers beg inside. It's not good enough that we shop there. Never Again, Vons Never Again………Full Boycott!!!

other complaints http://vons.pissedconsumer.com/donations-at-check-out-counter-20100407177594.html(

3 Responses
              listen to this Nov 02, 2012

I tried to SAY NO but they keep asking . No one begs that desperately unless they're getting something out of it.

listen to this Nov 02, 2012

The cashiers enjoy shaming customers. I'm sure they get a commission or bonus for scamming the most customers, pitiful people

listen to this Oct 31, 2012

Von's Supermarket Checkerchecker treatment

The cashier/checker was rude. His name was Ryan. This was not the first time I have had rude treatment at this store. I told the cashier that I had signed up for the "Just 4 U". I was trying to get the free eggs that were offered when I signed up. But there were not any eggs that were listed on the printout that I was carrying. I have tried 4 different times to find the free eggs offered for signing up in this program and they are never available. The cashier just said "guess you need to get here earlier". He did not offer to someone back to look or offer me something comparable. He had an attitude throughout the rest of the checkout process and wouldn't even say my name when he told me how much I supposedly saved. I have always been addressed as Mrs. Lawler in the past. Another time I asked for several items that this store did not have and was told it would not do any good to ask for these items to be ordered because they did not order items just because customers ask, it was up to the store manager.

Vonsdouble coupons

Double coupons? Sure! With some stipulations. Vons will gladly double manufacturer coupons only and only up to $1.00. If the coupon is for .10 cents off something they will double it. If the coupon is for .99 cents off, they will kick in another penny. This is not "double coupons". This is "double anything under .51 cents".

See I think this is still a pretty good deal but not after what I just saw on tv. There was this show which was about coupon addicts. Based on the quality it seems as though this footage was likely captured some time within the last year or 2 ('10-'11). What these people were doing is going to stores that offered true double coupons and buying up to $3, 000.00 worth of groceries for as little as $500.00! I, being unemployable since '05 and penniless since '08, can really use something like this as $200.00/mo. in food stamps is not nearly enough to live on! The really unfortunate thing is the people that were taking advantage of these huuuuge savings are hoarding it. Many of them have what they refer to as "stock piles". What can consist of a "stock pile" is 40 tubes of tooth paste-60 large containers of t.p.-45 bottles of shampoo-35 jugs of Clorox Bleach and so on. I can only imagine the reason Vons does not allow true double coupons is because of this. Some of these people even made money based on the coupons being doubled. While I am struggling severely as a result of 4 disability denials, one with an attorney, these people are making a career out of "couponning". Must be nice and thanks a ton Vons!!

Vons — employee rudeness

I went to shop at Vons today and was asked, after swiping my debit card, if I would like to donate to the...

Vons / Safewaypoor problem solving solutions and unconcerned interest in customers and their satisfaction

I as a customer has not been treated with the concern nor interest of my satisfaction or convenience by the management of the grocery store vons. Ive been humiliated, embarrassed, lied to, and passed around by reps who cant resolve a simple customer solution. Ive been to two different vons about my unsatisfactory and ive yet to get results. I even was discriminated against and ignored by the supervisor of the vons grocery store. I deserve much better service and attention than they have given. The whole customer service as a whole get thumbs down. Im even getting a professional attorney to review the level of disrespect ive recieved!!!

Von's — poor customer service

It amazes me in this crazy economy that a company would be willing to give their managers such little...

Vons — poor service and bad attitude

The mangers and the checkers act like there doing us a favor, it"s like we are there for them! They have a...

Vons — customer service

I came into the store wanting to use their western union because I had already came in there to buy some...

Vonshome delivery

lthe store called this afternoon to tell me my debit card wouldn't go through for an internet delivery order. i called my bank and was assured there was plenty of funds available. After the store tried several times to run the card and the bank claimed they weren't going through and the fault was with Vons they said they would try again and call if it still didn't work they call. When no call came I assumed it worked. When they hadn't delivered by 7:30 i called customer service and was told the delivery had been cancelled. I use an electric scooter because of a disability so going to the store at 8;00 wasn't an option. I am diabetic and had nothing for supper or breakfast because of a stupid manager. Yet I had ordered from amazon at the same time and it worked fine.

Vonsnot enough checkers

The clairmont square vons never has enough checkers I have to wait 30mins to get checked out and the supervisor didnt ever care she did not help out the poor checker, that checker was taking abuse from pissed of customers and she has no help no one to back her up!!! That store is the worest vons I have ever been to.
                    But that checker that night is one of the best checkers I have met.

not enough checkers

Von's — poor service & long lines - reseda @ nordhoff in northridge

The von's store location at reseda and nordhoff in northridge, ca. Is the worst von's store ever. You guy...

Vons Groceryterrible customer service

To whom it may concern,

I encountered the worst customer service on 6-19-09 in the Chino Hills store Vons store #2597. Not only the supervisor onsite, Rob, refused to resolve the issue when it occurred and asked us to come back tomorrow to talk to the manager. One of the clerks, Sandy, also took over the issue by distracting her supervisor and gave us the worst attitude I ever encountered in any store. She even came towards us in a very threatening manner stating “what do you want?” “what do you want?” We got scared and kept repeating what we need, and she replied “I heard you the first time!”

I have been a loyal Vons customer ever since I was a child, and to this particular Vons when I moved to Chino Hills. Yesterday I brought the Vons Ad to the store thinking I am going to get a good deal on the beers, 12 packs for only $10.99. I especially made the trip for this item to the store at 8:35pm. After I waited in the line, the Supervisor Rob rang us up for this item at $13.99 + CRV $0.60 + Tax, which comes up to be over $15 dollars, entirely different than what was shown on the ad. I showed the ad to Rob, but for some reason, Rob went to the clerk Sandy for help. Sandy come to our line and stated firmly to us "this is plus tax and CRV". When I questioned her calculation (CA tax is definitely NOT 30% on alcohol), she just looked at us and said "Do you want this or not?".

My sister was too shock to say anything and we decided to just leave the store. But right after we stepped out, we discussed further, and felt horribly upset. Not only did the supposed Supervisor Rob did not assist us, the Clerk Sandy felt the need to help him and pretty much kicked us out of the store. We then went back in the store, trying to speak to the supervisor again. Now Rob is available, he decided he can talk to us and try to resolve this issue with us. However, Clerk Sandy continues to step in trying to distract Supervisor Rob from helping us!!! She was practically yelling his name across the store to get his attention so we cannot speak to Rob! How very rude of her!

This is no longer about the difference in the price, but this is about the emotional distress this woman, Sandy and this man, Rob, put us through. Along with my sister, being two petite Asian women, we cannot help but wonder, is this just another case of discrimination against minorities in America? I certainly will not want any one of my family members, friends, nor neighbors, to have to endure this sort of negative experience EVER!

Thanks you for your time to read this letter and I am sorry to say that from this point on, we will not step foot into another Vons, and I will certainly make sure those around me are aware of my experience at this store.

Vons / Safeway — cashier kicked us out of line/store

The other night, Friday July 31st at approximately 8:36 pm We got into a very long line we saw a shorter line...

Lake Isabella

Vons — descriminiation

a black employee looked at me in a discriminating manner since im hispanic when i picked up a hair polisher...