Having problems with Vons?

+1 877 723 3929 (Disabled Services Issues)
+1 877 505 4040 (Grocery Delivery)
+1 714 300 6131 (Media Contact)
+1 714 300 6786 (Media Contact)
618 Michillinda Ave.

Press/Media
Public Affairs Department, 250 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706

Complaints & Reviews

cash register service

At my local Vons in Torrance CA (Anza at Torrance Blvd) the checkers and management refuse to enforce any "Express LIne" rules. Yesterday for example (11/21/2016) I was trying to buy one item and their were two people with at least 20 items in the line. One allowed me to go in front. The other took a lot of time because she had at least 30 items and needed to write a check. I complained and the checker was quite smug and rude about saying "I don't refuse service to anyone." This means that inconsiderate people have an advantage over ones who follow the rules. The checker actually ridiculed me as I left the store and I heard their laughter. Very rude. I have previously spoken to the manager about this and was told that it was their standard policy NOT to enforce an "Express Line" rule.

meat

Purchased a hermetically sealed corned beef brisket with an out date of Dec, 2016 ( a month from now). Purchased in late October, this was kept for later use in a consistent 35 degree F refrigerator. Darkened areas with bluish discoloration noted upon opening. Smelled like an autopsy.

Now 2 out of three meat purchases from this store were rotten meat (purchased a rotten steak from here last year).

Don't even think of buying any meat here.

checkout line stopped for over 20 minutes, never could check out

Vons in Lomita/Torrance on Crenshaw.

A price check on turkey shut down the line in Lane 2 for over 20 minutes. I never could check out and had to march out of the store without any food, including $27 in Salmon, $20 in ham, and many other items.

This is not Russia and I taken my money elsewhere. This why no one cares Kmart soon will be gone.

Now you are on a boycott list for no service and wasting my time!!!

lemon dohnuts

Hi my name is Kody Shaffer, I'm an everyday paying customer at Von's in Santa Barbara on state st and la cumbre road, and every day I go in to get lemon filled dohnuts and you guys make the best lemon dohnuts I've ever had in my life. But this particular Von's has been very disrespectful towards me. They tried to move the dohnuts so I wouldn't find them and when they did that I still found them and bought them, but that was over a month period, now they take them off display until I leave and then put then back on display. I've been very nice to them I always show respect and I feel like this is very childish and really absurd of them to do this. I really have had it with vons, they have shown me that I shouldn't buy anything from them again. I hope you can get this sorted out soon cuz I'm just gonna keep writing these until some kind of change is made.

filthy

This store is only about 6 years old and it is absolutely filthy.

The store windows and the Starbucks inside is always disgustingly dirty.
The trash and filth outside of the store and on all sides of the building is ridiculous. I know that you do not shop on the outside of a grocery store but as you walk around the outside of the store when you are coming or leaving you can not fathom how any company would let their store look this way.
The cement on the sidewalks all around the sidewalks is sticky and black and either filled with urine or feces. Why wouldn't management send a few employees each day with a bucket of soapy water and a few push brooms and wash the sticky black slime and urine away?

I have complained to the past manegment about this, he did nothing. With the new store manager, it seems to be getting worse and not better. Does the corporate office not care? This is a fairly new store. How can it be so bad?

service

On 7/23/16, approx. 7:40 pm, I was shopping at Vons store located at 6450 Sky Pointe Dr. In Las Vegas, NV and I have encountered this very rude bit.h named alicia at register 6. This alicia person is so rude and obnoxious that needs to be kept on a leash and they need to put a muzzle on this always ready to attack bi.ch with a bad attitude. I will stop going to that store just so I don't have to see this nasty person who seems to be there every time I go shop there. the person who usually helps me out with my groceries also agreed that they should all pitch in and buy her a muzzle because she barks at everyone and has a horrible attitude. Better get rid of this one before you lose more customers to her nasty attitude.

meats

The last couple of times I have bought meat from that store it was bad, smelling sour. I always look for the sell buy date but I have still received bad meat. Tonight I started to make my family dinner, thought I try some USDA choice Beef Stew (#3lbs), opened it up and it is bad I checked the sell buy date and it has today's date( May 16, , but I bought the meat Saturday, and placed it in my freezer. So there should be no reason for the meat to bad .I really don't have the appreciate having to go back to the store to exchange or get a refund, especially when I depend on others for transportation. I really can't afford to be toss money out the door, when my family depends on very little income, as I am disabled and my husband is unemployed. Know I wonder if the couple of times we ate something with meat, that my family got sick I would appreciate your attention to this matter.

Sincerely, Veronica C Rambeau [protected], or you my correspond with me at [protected]@outlook.com
303 See Vee Lane Bishop, CA 93514

hidden charges

Because I'm disabled & don't have a car I have ordered from VONS online for years. On my last order I checked the prices given to me on their e-mail after I placed the order & what they actually charged me, and yes, I was overcharged.

I sent them two e-mails regarding this & nobody replied so today I called them & the girl who answered the phone told me verbatim: "There is no guarantee that the prices online will be the actual prices charged, prices are only an 'estimate'. I can understand this if I ordered produce which needs to be weighed but not for cans. Once again the old & the disabled are being abused.

They also hire the worst delivery people, at least in Las Vegas, they have no manners, no customer service, they are in a rush to leave w/o giving the customer time to check that the order is correct. Because they have sent me rotten produce I now take my time & check every item. There's a rude Mexican man who never brings a pen for me to sign the order in spite of me giving him free pens, he also forgets to bring the receipt.

bread & bread guarantee

Store: Mission Hills, corner of Sepulveda and Devonshire streets. At 4:20pm I went in to the store to find a...

poor customer service

Von's in ojai, california...
What is up with this store? I grew up in ojai and have used this store since it was safeway in the 1970s. This is the worst von's I have ever done business in, period!!! Today I went there for some groceries and in the produce department I asked a "worker" how much the organic beets were since they were not labeled (Very common occurrence in this store), he didn't know so he went to ask someone, the "manager" (I think) came out with an attitude because I believe his bs session got interrupted. As he was checking the non-organic beets, I told him I wanted the price on the organic beets and he smarted off that he was helping a customer, then he went back to the "worker" and the he told me the price. No apology from the a-hole of a produce manager you have there even as I saw the worker inform him that I was the customer. This isn't the first time I have left this store pissed-off but it probably will be the last unless things change.
Please fix this store, the reason it is still in business is because there are no other chains in town!!!

false advertising

I have been ordering VONS home delivery for years, however, I noticed that the prices shown on their weekly...

inappropriate behavior

How can vons have employees doing inappropriate things like in pasadena store my son and i are walking out...

wic issue/rude customer service& manager

I went to use a WIC check, (2 actually), 1 for 2 juices for 64 oz, and 1 for a loaf of cheese. I clearly know...

rude employee

Today is August 21 and it's 9:24 pm. I just shopped at Vons on Chino Hills Parkway in Chino Hills. Store manager is Ron Rios per my receipt. I had a terrible experience with a very rude employee. The employee's name is Sandy. This middle aged lady was very busy speaking with another customer right before me and they were discussing some type of rates for something. Both were so busy, I'm glad Sandy noticed me at all. She started scanning my order without even greeting me and then she made a strange sign to me whether I have some type of a card. I understood that as if she was asking me for a Vons card and I replied that I don't have a card. Together with all merchandise I unloaded a bottle of wine. Sandy took the wine bottle and put it somewhere at the bottom of her register. I assumed she will wrap it once she is done with scanning my order. It turned out that Sandy was asking me about an ID for the wine. She told me that without an ID she will not sell me the wine. I told her that I have an ID to which she replied with an outrage and rolling eyes:"But I asked you about a card!". Which card did she "ask" me about when she only made a sign at me since she was too busy discussing loudly other matters. I apologized for the misunderstanding even though it happened because Sandy was too busy speaking with the previous customer and not paying attention to me at all. It's worth mentioning that I'm 48-years old and even if I look young, I don't look "that young". I told Sandy my age and that for 20-years nobody has asked me for my ID in regards to alcohol. She replied rudely:"Well, you look young", just to say something. The whole time she was making grimases, rolling eyes, her tone was rude and impatient, which really made me feel very humiliated. After I gave her my ID, she re-scanned my small order fast and gave me $7 back. I also explained to her that I don't have a Vons card and she asked me whether I want one. I replied:"Yes" and she gave me an application which I filled really fast. I forgot to put my phone number. Sandy wrote it for me, but her whole demeanor and tone was like she was dealing with the stupidest person in the world. I felt so "small", no person should feel like that shopping... :( And the mistake was not even mine, Sandy was too busy speaking to the previous customer about her deeds. I got the Vons membership card and with a snappish instructive tone Sandy explained that "that's why the phone number is needed". She asked me about the new Vons card one more time in regards to scanning the wine now and since I could not produce it right there on the spot, it was already in my purse, she continued making the very offensive grimases. :( She also apologized to the customers behind rolling her eyes right in my face as if I'm a ###. :( I left the store very belittled and even stopped outside for a breath of fresh air, so I can drive. The whole experience and Sandy's demeanor were very humiliating. This employee was not professional at all and she is in a dire need of at least counseling or even much more.

unreasonably warm inside store

I went to Von's Market to shop for groceries on 9/05/2013. It was 10;00 am and 80 degrees outside. I have MS and am heat intolerant. The store was so warm inside, I had to rush to finish my shopping and get into air conditioning. I asked the cashier why it was so warm inside and she told me the "higher-ups" in the company signed up to conserve energy with the Edison Company.
I told her it was too warm in the store and the store will end up throwing out a lot of over ripe produce so they really weren't going to save that much money, not to mention people would not take the time to browse for items not on their lists. They will come in and get out as fast as they can. Please take another look at the person who made this decision and ask them if they know ANYTHING about sales and how to entice customers rather than drive them away. In the meantime, I'll be grocerery shopping elsewhere.

chicken tenders

Have been a Von's Chicken Tenders customer for a while but lately the chicken is OLD, the batter is HARD and outweighs the chicken about 3 to one. Suspect making batter to chicken ratio heavy on the batter side to make old, shrunken chicken look big and juicy.
Can't figure out batter content... is it decomposed composition board or ordinary saw dust?

customer

This is not a complaint on vons but rather a customer who is ignorant, pompous, and clearly has no life nor good intentions in her body... I understand your too much of a coward to show your name or your face around my store, (Nothappy111) username but ths is the acting asst. Manager for vons pasadena store 2858 colorado and sierra madre, and this is in response to your ridiculous complaint against meat dept employee marcus sims... You came to me claiming to have seen mr sims smoking marijuana outside of the store several times which is insane and falsely reported... Not only was he not smoking a cigarette but he was subject to manadory testing and passed with flying colors, hes since been with us over a year and has been employee of the month 6 times hes on his way to managing and is moving up the ranks at rapid speed. Id say you need to do some soul searching and come back to our store and apologize to mr sims for your poor judgement of him I understand some ppl have issues with minorities but here at vons we see no color line and practice no racial profyling... Thank you have a great day...
Stan hodge #. Manager

boycott donation charity scam harassment shame bully fraud checkout customer

Panhandeling Begging Donation Charity Scam Harassment Shame Bullying Fraud Checkout Customer Register Elder Abuse Raising grocery Prices Boycott

Vons should be ashamed at their scam of repeatedly asking paying customers to give to a donation to charity of Vons' Choice. I was donating a dollar each time i shopped. I stopped after hearing a radio talk show complain about this practice of shaming the customer into donating. The next time i was in the store checking out, I selected "decline to give to a charity" I thought that would be the end but the cashier completed the transaction and held my receipt hostage while asking me to give once again. I politely declined then she said we can "round up " meaning if my bill was 25.70, I would agree to pay 26.00 for the third time I politely declined . She reluctantly released my receipt and allowed me to leave.I see the game clearly, they are determined to force, bully or shame you into giving. I will NEVER give to a Vons sponsored charity. I also will boycott any charity they were forcing down my throat. On a side note the guy bagging the groceries asked me twice, if I wanted help out while she tried desperately to add money to my bill. She asked twice if I found everything I was looking for and If I updated my Vons card . The Cashier and the guy bagging were firing off a barrage of questions and I know it's part of the SCAM to Confuse, Distract, Disorientate and Bombard the customer, anything to ADD money onto the bill. I have this lady on video trying to force me to donate. I am also investigating who is behind this aggressive panhandling at the register. It's so sad, the homeless beg in front of the store and cashiers beg inside. It's not good enough that we shop there. Never Again, Vons Never Again………Full Boycott!!!

other complaints http://vons.pissedconsumer.com/donations-at-check-out-counter-20100407177594.html(

listen to this Oct 31, 2012

listen to this Nov 02, 2012

The cashiers enjoy shaming customers. I'm sure they get a commission or bonus for scamming the most customers, pitiful people

listen to this Nov 02, 2012

I tried to SAY NO but they keep asking . No one begs that desperately unless they're getting something out of it.

checker treatment

The cashier/checker was rude. His name was Ryan. This was not the first time I have had rude treatment at this store. I told the cashier that I had signed up for the "Just 4 U". I was trying to get the free eggs that were offered when I signed up. But there were not any eggs that were listed on the printout that I was carrying. I have tried 4 different times to find the free eggs offered for signing up in this program and they are never available. The cashier just said "guess you need to get here earlier". He did not offer to someone back to look or offer me something comparable. He had an attitude throughout the rest of the checkout process and wouldn't even say my name when he told me how much I supposedly saved. I have always been addressed as Mrs. Lawler in the past. Another time I asked for several items that this store did not have and was told it would not do any good to ask for these items to be ordered because they did not order items just because customers ask, it was up to the store manager.

double coupons

Double coupons? Sure! With some stipulations. Vons will gladly double manufacturer coupons only and only up to $1.00. If the coupon is for .10 cents off something they will double it. If the coupon is for .99 cents off, they will kick in another penny. This is not "double coupons". This is "double anything under .51 cents".

See I think this is still a pretty good deal but not after what I just saw on tv. There was this show which was about coupon addicts. Based on the quality it seems as though this footage was likely captured some time within the last year or 2 ('10-'11). What these people were doing is going to stores that offered true double coupons and buying up to $3, 000.00 worth of groceries for as little as $500.00! I, being unemployable since '05 and penniless since '08, can really use something like this as $200.00/mo. in food stamps is not nearly enough to live on! The really unfortunate thing is the people that were taking advantage of these huuuuge savings are hoarding it. Many of them have what they refer to as "stock piles". What can consist of a "stock pile" is 40 tubes of tooth paste-60 large containers of t.p.-45 bottles of shampoo-35 jugs of Clorox Bleach and so on. I can only imagine the reason Vons does not allow true double coupons is because of this. Some of these people even made money based on the coupons being doubled. While I am struggling severely as a result of 4 disability denials, one with an attorney, these people are making a career out of "couponning". Must be nice and thanks a ton Vons!!