Visions Electronics Logo

Visions Electronics

Having problems with Visions Electronics?

+1 866 530 3363 (Online Store)
+1 888 855 9855 (Customer Service)
+1 403 255 2270 (Head Office)
6009-1A Street SW
Calgary, Alberta
Canada - ABT2H0G5

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Visions Electronics.

Complaints & Reviews

Visions Electronics — service attitude

bought a bookshelf stereo system, had for one year, spent 8 months of that year going back and forth to...

Edmonton

Vision Electronics, St. James. Winnipeg — sells used tablets, without letting customers know.

Salesman from this store sold me an Asus Transformer at St. James in Winnipeg. He told me he's going to...

Visions Electronics - Calgary, Alberta — warranty not honoured

Company information: Visions Canada 2930 32 ave NE Calgary, Alberta Canada Visions.ca Here is my story...

Calgary

Visions Electronicscell phone contract scams

Coincidentally my boyfried had also signed up for a cellphone contract through Visions. He was promised a gift card if he signed up for a two year contract and was also sold an opened phone. He was told it had only been opened in the store and shown to another customer. They had a lot of weird problems with even activating the phone and it took a long time. After he signed the contract and left the phone never worked and he never got the gift card either. He tried to resolve the issue with the store and they would not do anything!!! When he got frustrated they told him to leave- The phone never worked to recieve calls or dial out and he tried at least to cancel the phone plan through the provider- They refused saying that the phone had been used more than 30 minutes already????How would that even be possible? Part of the deal was also that the phone would be free if he signed a contract and there would be no connection fees. Shortly after a bill came from the phone provider billing for the first month of the plan and 35.00 connection charge as well as $150.00 for the phone. We faxed a copy of the contract over to Solo Mobile and they said that it was not legitamite! At the most recent check he is still being pursued by the phone company via collection agency and never used the product!!! Please Please spend your money somewhere else...Smiles

• Wt
      WTFBBQ Apr 29, 2012

none of that happened. you dont get the gift card on 2 yr contracts. ... and wtf how would solo say it was legitimate. obviously it was. you were there werent you?

• Wt
      WTFBBQ Apr 29, 2012

Also, solo would track the sim cards usage. not the phone itself so YOU went over 30 minutes you nub

Visions Electronics — lame game

On boxing day 2010 I went to the Surrey visions store to get a Blu ray home theatre advertised in their...

Surrey

Visions Electronics — gift card scam

Visions was offering a $100 gift card when you sign a two year cell phone contract. I had visited the Surrey...

Langley

Visions Electronicsvisions warranty scam

We purchased a $4000 LG TV from Visions in 2009. Within 6 months the TV failed so it was covered under the manufactuerer warranty and it was promptly replaced.

The new LG TV got a red/dot/splatter problem within 8 months...now Visions is telling us the replacement TV is only got a 6 month warranty (not 1 full year from the manufactuer) because they replace the TV and they are counting it from the ORIGINAL TV we purchased.

We had bought the $800 extended warranty so now we had to deal with Visions repair for the red dot problem. They sent out some repair people who tried to fix it on site. Complained it was bad reception cable. Then left.

Still the problem was not fixed. We waited another 3 weeks for Visions to send out another repair company. Instead they send out the first Bozos. This time they take the TV. We were without it for 6 weeks (no loaner given). Finally they bring back the TV and the red/dot problem is solved. WOW!

2 months later we start getting horizontal red stripes appearing on the top of the TV. Back to Visions. This is our 3rd repair. Instead of replacing it under the "lemon clause" they want to fix it...again. Same Bozos from before.

The guy comes out and can't fix it, says its the power supply and Visions will give us a replacement TV. We wait another 6 weeks.

Now finally Visions says we can have a NEW LG TV...but the model we have is now changed and they will give us the LOWER MODEL retailing for about $1500. We paid $4000 and Visions replaces it with a $1500 TV with no PicNPic, and several lesser features.

We don't want that TV so we ask if we can upgrade. They agree to give us a [B]$1200 credit for our $4000 18 mo old TV[/B]! :eek: Now lets do the math:

We paid an extra $800 for the TV warranty and Visions gives us a $1200 credit = $400 is what they are valuing our TV. We had to pay an extra $2000 on top of the $1200 credit just to get the TV with the same features as our old LG. This time we purchased Panasonic TV.

We will never purchase Visions Extended Warranty ever again. They jerk you around with the repairs, and then give you the depreciated value of your TV. Better to go to Future Shop who will replace your TV with no quesitons asked.

Visions Electronics — warranty scam

We purchased a $4000 lg tv from visions in 2007. Within 6 months the tv failed so it was covered under the...

Visions Electronics — faulty car starter - no satisfaction

Visions car starter: (I am on aish - a federal financial program for the severely handicapped - and am unable...

Visions Electronicsselling used as new

My wife bought me a asus 50in from visions (Regina, victoria location) for xmas. Opened it up and discovered a couple of small deep scratches on the cover (I can live with those) then started it up and it was password protected by some previous owner who returned it. So, bottom line they sold my wife a used computer. Very unfortunate for me the customer.

Although as I write this I realize that it might very well be just an isolated visions branch incident and i'm also taking into account that the younger people these days (I'm 45) don't give a crap (I was probably like that too). And as a business owner I also realize... Who else are they going to hire? Everyone has help wanted signs up so unfortunately the company has to take what it can get for employees (Very frustrating).

So here I am on boxing day standing in line (With my nephew/witness) at visions (I don't know their policy obviously) I finally get to talk to the manager a mister "mark schmalz". I explain to him that I just want to exchange the computer and also that I realize he had nothing to do with it but it was one of his employees that dropped the ball.
      What comes out of his mouth is unbelievable!!

I'll try to shorten this a bit...

He tell's me that asus has such a good warranty (You can purposely break it and get a new one) "so, your'e telling me that is the reason I was sold a used computer?" he had no answer, except that they don't take back used computers?? After asking his name and the name of his superior so that I may write a letter of complaint he gives me the email address for visions and says "but don't bother because they will just send any letters to him anyway".

He then tell's me that he really doesn't care!... It's only a 5 or 7 hundred dollar computer anyway. Like my lowly purchase doesn't matter! My wife also bought me a harmony 9900 remote by the way!

He informs me that the only way to get another computer now is to buy one outright and then return the other when they allow returns and then capped off this sentence with "but you would be stupid if you did that!".

He then tells me that I would have better luck and faster service if I deal with the asus company directly!!

Man, i'm glad my twenty year old nephew was there to witness this!!

Then, at the end he apologizes by saying sorry, and there it is! Not what I was looking for but it helps. If you sympathize and offer a sincere apology people will respond much more positively. But treated as I was I just wanted to rub the pompus smile off his face by using the wall.

Anyway, i'll sit with my "used" computer until I contact asus to see if they can help. I think i'm pretty much done with visions.
      But this is just one mans story take it for what it's worth.

• Du
          dudette24 Feb 08, 2010

Hey harmonicat,
          That's actually very common for Visions. They sell customers used items that other customers have returned, hoping that they will not notice, so that they don't lose money on it sending it back to the manufacture. Most of the time they put 'repacked' tags on them so that it just looks like it's been opened and then put back in the box, but 90% of the time it's because it didn't work and someone returned it, and they are hoping some other sap will buy it and not notice or return it.

Hope this helps! :)

• Ha
          harmonicat Nov 09, 2010

I''m the author of this post with an update. I was contacted by visions head office in October of 2010 for a followup. It seems that the manager that I dealt with is no longer with the company. They were honestly concerned with the feedback they receive and assured me that the personal problem no longer exists at that store. I was impressed with their comments because it shows that they really do care about customer service and not just a quick one time sale. Needless to say they have my business back. I've always preffered Visions over the big box stores because it seemed more personable and friendly. They made it right for me and I will gladly shop there again in the future. Thanks Visions!
          Jeff Bordyniuk

• Je
          Jessica_22 Nov 10, 2010

I just bought a TV through Visions last week, $1400. When I went to go get it at the warehouse the warehouse guy warned me that the only one they had was a used one that another customer had returned and to go tell the salesman that I refused to take a used one for paying for a new one. But "not to tell them he told me". So I did, and he still tried to convince me to buy the used one. I refused. So I waited a week for it to come in. Upon going to pick it up, they told me none had arrived and to come back in another week. 2 weeks later, I finally got a new TV. The warehouse guy was the only honest one there.

• Am
          Amir Hasani Oct 20, 2015

I bought two speakers with amplifier at North Vancouver vision electronic on Saturday October 17 at 1:30 pm and paid 785$. I opened the box around 8 pm and find out both speakers has been scratched and damaged. Box was completely okay and wasn't damaged. My wife took both speakers for exchange Sunday around noon because they open late. They said it was brand new and has damage by you and come Tuesday and talk to manager. I got speakers and and met CJ Volney. He said speakers damaged by you and never returne or exchange. I checked carfuly the box and find out the sealed opened box perfectly. I don't trust vision anymore and they are selling used items as a brand new.

Visions Electronics — did not tell there is annual fee on their retail credit card

After harassing and push you to buy, they quickly ask for my driver licence and credit card for a credit...

Vancouver

Visions Electronics — customer service piss poor at best

My name is Brett and I had a tv that stopped working about a month ago. I took it to video refit in winnipeg...

Visions Electronics — extended warranty

I am writing regarding Visions extended warranty policies, which I found out today are extremely unfair...

Calgary

Visions Electronics — 60 day price protection

I had purchased a lg (Model: 37lc7d) for $899.00 ($1041.59 with taxes and disposal surcharge) from vision...

Vancouver

Autostart / Visions Electronics — bad quality car starter!

I bought a car starter for my wife's car for her christmas present, 1 month after it was installed my wife...

Visions Electronicspoor service!

I had purchase a tv and speaker system from visions 6 months ago for $3k, we agreed on payment for 1 yr (12 months) no intrest! We put down $500 and signed up for credit with dashardan (Spelling) visa. We received no bill for 2 weeks we realized these things take time so we waited for a month, finally we called in they had no record of our information and no invoice, so we resorted to waiting a bit longer. We got fed up and went directly to the store to ask them to pull up our information... Nothing. We were confused as to why we are not being billed. No one would inform us of what we should do. Most people would have thought they got a free tv and never bothered to call. 6 months later I have the collection agency searching for me contacting my family. Saying I owe them $4k (More than what I payed for the tv) we went back to visions with the information about our account from the collection agency and the pulled up our purchase... My name address and phone number were all incorrect not to mention the dull minded employee copied it off my drivers license. Visions fault! Now I am being forced to pay a lump sum of $4k money which I cant just thow down! Hence the reason we were paying monthly!!! Visions ignored my complaint said it was no longer there problem and gave my 100 phone numbers to call and was transfered to everyone I talk to. I am very upset and would like visions to take back there 6 month old tv in perfect condition and pay the credit agency the money owed! Cuz I don't want there tv, next time I am going to best buy!

jack May 25, 2009

good luck with bestbuy.. they have thousands of complaints where as visons has 8.. hmm...

• Fo
            for real Jul 08, 2009

please tell me that what you are saying doesnt make sense to you?
            i dont think that the finance company are the same due to the [censored]t they both have completely
            different name so as much as it sucks that he took your info down wrong shouldnt you have looked at your invoice and seen he did??? and are you gonna sit here and tell me you have never miss spelled something?? cmon you spelt dejardin wrong and your mad because this guy spelt your name wrong haha your a joke..
            and you never thouhgt of calling the finance company and saying hey we havent paid n e thing should we be ahaha and why would visions take the t.v back because your stupid haha if you bought a car and you never paid for it can you just take it back half a year later with no concecuinces or if your like me you should have to pay if your retarted best of luck douche

• Da
            Davio8 Aug 26, 2009

ya visions blows. I had something similiar but that was only a $500 car stereo deck. Long story short they had no information about my installation date when i came in to get it installed, and I had to wait another one month to book another appointment. So I said I would just figure out how to do it myself, so he quickly explained to me the basics of installing it, under a minute, and then said that he will still charge me for the labour since he helped me out.

Thanks!

Visions Electronics — buyers beware!

Visions Electronics is a major electronics dealer with locations accross Alberta and British Columbia...

Visions Electronics — false advertizing

They advertised a camera, i-pod and sony printer for sale on Thursday June21/07. Then had not one of these...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices