Having problems with Abans.com?

Abans.com Customer Service Contacts

+94 112 112 112 (Customer Service)
+94 112 252 156 (Abans Duty Free)
+94 112 263 300 (Abans Duty Free)
№ 498 Galle Road
Colombo 03
Sri Lanka

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Abans.com Customer Service. Initial Abans.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Abans.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Abans.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Abans.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Abans.com Complaints & Reviews

Abans.comLaptop purchase - C0047061

Dear all.
I have placed a order through buyabans for a Lenovo laptop ( product code LVPVLIP315I58BK ) on 19th February 2021 (order number C0047061).
I know there this limited stocks available I have called to buyabans hotline ( [protected]) to make sure the stock is available and also I wanted to go with commercial bank 18month installment plan, but from your end the agent informed me that they don't have that installment plan for this particular product and need to make a full payment and eventually I made full payment and call again to the hotline and confirm my order has been placed correctly and they confirmed that order has been reached their end and they will proceed with in four working day and I have accepted that and informed them to deliver as soon as possible because it's need for my sister's educational purpose. I'm following up from Friday to ensure it's delivered on time even today morning I have called and confirmed with the hotline, they informed it will be delivered today if missed by tomorrow, but all of sudden someone from abans called ( [protected]) me and informing that stock is not available, how crucial this way of treating your customers? I'm really disappointed the way you all are treating and I need that laptop within the agreed time. I would be available for any clarification or calls.
I will greatly appreciate if you could proceed my request. [protected]

Abans.comCustomer Service Staff

I am one of the customer of abans and on Wednesday, 20th of January 2021 at 08:49 AM I called the customer service for a service for my washing machine but a staff named Regina answered the call but, she didn't even ask about my complaint and she were speaking to someone and she declined the call so, I request the management to file a complaint on her for irresponsible while on working hours.

Dec 21, 2020

Abans.com — hp-15-da2014-laptop intel 15/10th gen/8gb ram

We, Udanga Paranavidhana and Rangi Paranavidhana purchased a laptop that cost us Rs.122, 990/- for our...

Abans.comLaptop

We have purchased an acer laptop from beruwala branch one year before and given somany times for the service, nw last month 21st of nov 2020 again I have given to the service and the abans told to come in 10 days and I went to take it though they told to come another 10 days time after 10 days if we called they ignored me and not answering my phone. Sir how many times we want to give this machine for the service without using this if we asked from they always rude to us and not giving proper answer as valid customers you should respect and must give proper answer I need my lap before this week from the service and must take immediate solution for this thank you

Abans.comOnline purchasing

Hello,

I have purchased an Airfriyer via your site byabans.com.
        It's done on 4th of August. The site it says, it will be delivered within 2-5 days.
        Since it got delayed, I called your hotline and they said it's ready and will be delivered soon.
        But today we received a call saying the item is not in stock and will refund our money.

I'm really wondering how this item got disappeared and really disappointed with your service.
        I don't believe that the item is not in stock when we ordered.

Please pay attention and arrange a way to deliver the item we ordered.

We thought you are a responsible and reputed company and that's why we purchased from you. We are your regular customers and didn't expect this kind of service.

Regards,
        Darshika.

Abans.comVery bad customer service

I have purchased a laptop through buy Abans online store (order No 39921) & It was delivered on 20th Nov 2020, but the Laptop bag was missing & When I asked about it, they said it will come as separate & I wait for 10 days but not received.
          Then I called [protected] & Informed them, Their response is, they will check & let me know, Now I have called them for 7 consecutive days but I received the same response.
          Then I request any person to escalate, then ask to contact [protected], customer relationship manager, Now I am trying for 4 days but newer answer the phone.
          This very bad customer service I ever received, this kind of reputed company.

[protected]@gmail.com
          [protected]

Anusha Perera Dec 14, 2020

I have faced the same situation . From 20th November I have tried to contact them for my lap bag. Every time they gave another number to contact . But, they never send the bag. Some times they were very rude. Specialy, there is a lady who answer head office phone.
              They purposely do this. Its so annoying .
              I am wondering their behavior. Such a reputed company . Doing cheap things. Cheat customers.

Abans.comelba cooker

The repair center and call center in wellawatte is the worst of all, gave a elba cooker for repair on 09/24, They take a month back to sent me estimated cost (which is understandable given the covid situation), but after I made the payment on 10/26 and email the slip to an agent named ayomi in call center, the very next day I call and confirm and another agent says the payment is received by ayomi and they will proceed with repair, I dont hear back for a month, I make a call call on 12/08 (more than a month) and the call center agent afzaa says they did not receive the payment, I'm like WTF?? No service or any sort of validation and convincing, I blast the [censored] out of the agent and then call back and call center agent Navoshi (team lead) answers and no apology whatsoever, Had to send the payment slip again and wait for another month now, Happy Christmas Abans, thanks for [censored]ty service, I will go around complaining, Next is FB.

Jul 02, 2020

Abans.com — Installation error for lg air conditioner (invoice number [protected])

Dear Sir / Madam, I am Nadeera Weerasinghe [protected]) (Customer - CONT -398447) and I have purchased LG...

Abans.comlg inverter linear refrigerator

I bought this from sharmilas duty free (pvt) ltd on 27/11/2017. This got break down in may 2018 and they told the compresser is broken so installed a new compressor and returned. Now again broken in march 2020. Due to corona pandemic only could made the complaint on 14th may. Todate they have not attend to this. Called again an again several times. Refrigerator service call centre rathmalana no.[protected] most of the time not working or else busy. Got in to line twice by hard effort and when asking about the complaint say a tecnician will call one or two days time. But no one called todate. I am so disapointed both on your product and service.

Jan 17, 2020

Abans.com — About repairing delay of my macbook air 2018

Job no-UAP/APIT1/0120W0040 There are display patches in my macbook air 2018 and it's one year warranty...

Dec 05, 2019

Abans.com — Acer laptop

we trust you and buy from your company. I brought the laptop it is not even 5 months. There is a problen in...

Sep 04, 2019

Abans.com — lg f/auto top loader washing machine

Lg / auto top loaderwashine machine 10.5 kg Model no wf-t1054mj Item code 703twhx2u577 Invoice no...

Aug 24, 2019

Abans.com — Air conditioner

I baught a LG inverter AC from maharagama abans and they said I will get Three free services and need to...

Jul 30, 2019

Abans.com — Defective product/ poor customer care service.

Purchased a fridge from abans duty free on 22.07.2019. For us$ 575 (rs 100, 625/=). To my horror it did not...

May 25, 2019

Abans.com — Poor customer service

My complaint to you is about your service at your showroom at Kottawa. The staff over there is not at all...

May 15, 2019

Abans Rathmalana — Air conditioner

I purchased a 24000 btu ac feom abans rathmalana and I changed it to a 18000 btu but im supposed to get my...

Abans and Buy AbansAbans jvc tv and 24000 btu ac

Buy abans sold me damaged not functioning jvc tv twice. Both times I went and collect the replacement letter from wellawatte service center which so annoying and then went to buy abanse office and handed over the product for replacement and 2nd time they said they don't have stock and can't replace it and asked me to wait a week and they told me they will contact me after a week. So, I was waiting a week and since they didn't give me any update, I again went to buy abans and asked about it and they gave me the same response. I think they should have refund me but they didn't. So I decide to pay additional amount and buy a ac yet they didn't dilever it. When I call aravinda, buddika at buy abans they were saying various reasons and then not answering calls. I called hot line, a lady told it will be delivered today but it never happend. So please avoid buy things from abans and buy abans.

Service, hot line never works, selling damaged items

Abans jvc tv and 24000 btu ac

• Gi
                    Gimhan Sumanasekera Aug 11, 2020

Thanks for sharing this. I have ordered a TV and was not delivered for 3-4 days and when inquired, call center has never bothered checking the status and gave me false promises that they will check and call me back. But they never did. Today I had to call and scream at them that I will complaint to the authorities and then someone called me and said there was a delay in their accounting process with the bank. I have requested to cancel the order as I do not want to see any further delays.

Really do not want to buy a product from them if the customer service is like this even before the goods are delivered.

Abans Online Shopping — Abans it service center, colombo 03

I bought my Dell inspiration laptop from Abans online shopping and after 6 months it was not working. Then I...

AbansRepair of tumbler dryer

Estimate number: kdw18f00023
                  Job card number: kohvdw010818f005
                  Dated 1st august 2018

Hoover tumbler dryer 8kh model: vhv68c-80

With much regret this mail is been sent in respect of the following.

1) the above captioned equipment was bought from abans show room kandy in december 2015. 2 months ago the equipment seized functioning and kandy service center was called. regret to say that the telephone numbers given are not attended properly and it is very difficult to contact the kandy service center, finally after much persuasion got the number of the manager mr. nuwan and was able to speak to him only once. after that he never responds to any calls. however, the defect was identified and a request was made to replace the main pcb of the unit. please note that during all these (it took several weeks) no one mentioned that we have to deliver the equipment to their workshop.
                  2) since it was very difficult to get a response from kandy, I had to push the kandy showroom staff to get me a contact in colombo and the number for the dgm service was obtained. after speaking to him I was able to get a little response from kandy.
                  3) finally the pcb was brought to the site and on fixing it did not function properly and the technician mentioned that the sensors could be defective and requested the unit to be sent to the workshop, which was done immediately.
                  4) since then I had to put a lot of effort to get any response from the kandy service center and finally was able to get the contact of ms kanchana who handled this matter. but getting a response from her too was very difficult. a revised estimate was requested for the complete repair and as of now I have not received one. only a verbal amount was stated as about 32, 000 slr
                  5) finally I received a call from ms. kanchana yesterday (16.08.2018) saying that the sensors have arrived and the repairs will be completed yesterday. and I will be receiving the new estimate yesterday, which I didn't.
                  6) today when I called I was informed that ms. kanchana is on leave and when inquired about the repair I was told that wrong parts were sent and it does not match and they have to get down new parts again. I questioned them as how if an equipment model and the part number is correctly provided that they received the wrong part and during this conversation the phone line got disconnected.
                  7) since this has taken too long and I was unable to resolve this and was unable to decide whether to get this unit repaired or buy a new unit, I tried to contact dgm colombo with no success.
                  8) finally with no other recourses left, I called the call center and spoke to one mr chamika and explained (complained at about 10.25 am today). while I was on line mr chamika contacted the kandy service center and was informed that they have the correct part and the repair is been done, which is very funny. first they say wrong part has been sent and the call center is being told that the correct part is there.

Questions:

1) being a well reputed establishment why is it so difficault to get a simple repair (not really a repair only replacement of parts) done and is so difficault to contact the service center??
                  2) why is anybody when contacted is unable to give a possitive feedback or atleast call or email us back as always promissed but not attended to??
                  3) whay can't an esimate or quotation provided properly??
                  4) howcome when the equipment is at the workshop the correct spare part cannot be obtained. telling that the part obtained was the wrong one??
                  5) after all this can we rely on the repairs done by your service center and how will we know that a proper job has been done??
                  6) and considering all this can anyone purchase any equipment from abans with an ease of mind so that they will have good use of it and get them rectified if there is an issue??

I do not know if this is a lapse on just one of your outlets or in general. but a lapse on one person too can affect the whole organization.

Will anyone who has resposibility in mind and care for the organization they work take these matters seriously.

Note: while typing this mail I received a call from a lady in colombo dgm's office inquiring this matter and was informed that I will be reached after looking into this. hope that promise will be fulfilled.

Thank you.
                  Note: after much effort the problem was not resolved and had to pull back the unit from the workshop.

Abans — lg led tv

We bought a LG LED TV at duty free katunayaka. And used for only 3 months and one day when we switched on it...