Menu

C
Author of the complaint
2:35 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We cruised the Danube with Viking River Cruises in May, 2009. The trip included only a night and a day in Vienna, not enough but we accepted that based on at least having an evening there.

But Viking didn't come through with the evening they had promised. They said there was a problem with bridge construction that would delay arrival in Vienna, and tied up instead at the tiny village of Krems, where there was nothing to see and nothing to do. Night in Vienna or night in Krems? What would you choose?

Assuming they really couldn't get the boat to Vienna, they could still have taken the passengers. It wasn't very far, and they already had buses taking people into Vienna for a concert. Those of us who didn't sign up for the concert should have been allowed to go on those buses, just so we could have our promised evening in Vienna. Instead we got to hang around the ship listening to wretched music or going to bed early.

Some companies make sure things go right for their customers even when something unexpected comes up. If our experience is any indication, Viking isn't one of them.

More Viking River Cruises complaints & reviews

Viking River Cruises - scam
Viking River Cruises - the cruise that never was
Viking River Cruises - Additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess
Viking River Cruises - customer satisfaction
Viking River Cruises - Refund
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
10 comments
J
Aug 16, 2022 9:42 am EDT

I worked there, I don't recommend it!

their recruitment fools people!

J
Nov 02, 2019 10:47 pm EDT

I'm on the Viking Herja, and I am loving everything! But one thing that was great and something that viking does not have to do, the live entertainment in the lounge. The gentleman on the Herja is amazing and builds such a comfortable environment. Viking has done very well by continuing such intimate service.

V
Mar 01, 2020 1:20 pm EST
Replying to comment of Jquin

Viking cruises are great, but my dealings with them on the front end have been the most stressful, frustrating experiences of my travel life. The first time I blew it off. The third time was enough to convince me that Viking sanctions unethical practices among its agents and is not a company with whom I want to do business.

L
Aug 14, 2019 8:43 pm EDT

Folks need to do due diligence and read all complaints and resolutions prior to booking any trip with Viking. Our trip was devastating, a complete financial loss.
A letter will be forwarded to Stephanie Maldonado, Customer Service Manager, 5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hill, CA 93167

D
Aug 10, 2019 8:06 am EDT

I am the father of a daughter who we lost 3-1/2 years ago to an unexpected cerebral haemorrhage. She remains on the mailing list despite my requests to have her name removed. It really is a traumatic experience every time we find advertising directed to our daughter in the mailbox as her address was the same as ours. Please contact me to discuss.

H
Apr 11, 2019 2:42 am EDT

I have called and e mailed to stop the Viking cruise line flyers that keep coming in my mail. They still keep coming. How do I stop them?
From Viking 5700 Canoga Ave., Suite 200, Woodland Hills CA 91367
Again today 04/04/2019. customer number [protected] Source code #BR4VIX

V
Sep 20, 2018 7:00 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got Injured during My cruise there was no help from Viking at all, Even though I purchased recommended insurance from them, when I call and complaint They were very careless and irresponsible and brushed me off very quickly. If you are injured you are on your own.

L
Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm EDT

See above

R
Feb 14, 2010 5:28 pm EST

I'm curious, did you have the insurance TripMate and did it help?
Roxana

Let me disclose that I work for Viking. I would be happy to see how we can make belated amends, if at all possible. Feel free to contact me at Tellus@vikingrivercruises.com

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

480 complaints