United BMW — certified pre-owned warranty
We purchased an X5 from United BMW last year. It was a Certified Pre-Owned BMW. When we were talking to the salesman about purchasing the car he told us it had a 100, 000 mile warranty. After 50, 000 we would pay a $50 copay for maintance and repairs but that it covered everything but tires. Knowing how much it cost to repair a BMW we wanted to make sure it's covered. I wanted to make sure that any repairs would be covered. We also asked the pre-owned sales manager who again confirmed it covered everything.
I have taken the car in for repairs (oil changes and brakes). Now I took it in and I was informed that I need a transmission pan, radiator hose (coolant leak), thrushrod bushing on front brakes, intake hose for the trottle body totaling $1000.00. And BIG surprise it's not covered by my warranty. However, the brakes, oil change, belts and power steering leak have been repaired using the warranty. There are a couple of things I don't understand. How do they decide which is covered and which isn't ?
I had a Ford Expedition that in all honesty I never kept up with the maintance. In 7 years I never replaced a belt, never replaced a hose, never had any leaks ---- aren't BMW's suppose to be a higher end, better quality car. I can assure you the next car I buy will NEVER again be a BMW. I also think it's so sad that BMW has to LIE in order to sell cars. They don't have enough confidence in their cars to sell them because they are "that good".
I will pass the information along to everyone and I will NEVER recommend a BMW to anyone, especially from United BMW.
More United BMW Complaints & Reviews
- BMW - bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer
- BMW Auto Mobile Company UK - bmw promo prize winning 2019
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train.
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems!
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522
- Center BMW Service - customer service
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - BMW engine poor manufacturing design
- BMW Of Monrovia - dealership did not comply on what was agreed
- BMW Canada - poor customer service
- Beverly Hills BMW - these guys took money for insurance and it turned out that it didn't cover all the damage and wear of car