Having problems with Ulta Beauty?

+1 866 983 8582 (USA and Canada)
1000 Remington Blvd, Ste 120
Sat10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

makeover hell

Okay so they had this big "makeup even" and one of the associates there got me to sign up for the...

beware of crazy dallas manager

Guess what happens when a manager wrongfully accuses a customer of stealing? Nothing!!! They keep their job...

extremely unprofessional

I honestly cannot give a review on the quality of the ulta salon in burbank. I can, however, tell you all how RUDE the salon manager, JACKIE is. I made an appt a day in advanced to get my haircut there since they are a participating Locks of Love salon and I am interested in donating my hair. The Locks of Love website clearly states in its guidelines that layered hair is acceptable so long as the longest layer is at least 10 inches. It states, "Shorter hair (6"-10") will be separated from the 10" and longer lengths and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs".

Sunny, the hairstylist I made an appt with said that she would do the cut, and measured my hair to make sure that I had at least 10 inches. Just before she was about to divide and ponytail my hair to cut it, the manager approached us. She made a huge commotion about how my hair is not appropriate for a Locks of Love donation because it's layered. I point out to her what is stated in the guidelines of the website and she defensively replied, "Well, any other ulta can approve it, but it's not going to happen in my salon". And proceeded to walk away.

I was outraged. She was clearly causing a scene and placing me in an embarassing situation, which was extremely unnecessary. On top of her outrageous unprofessionalism, her claim of not being able to accept my hair had no validation whatsoever, while I was going off guidelines from the Locks of Love website. If she did not want to accept my hair for whatever reason, there was definitely a more professional approach she could have taken to explain herself. In addition, her reasoning behind not accepting my hair should have been shared with the rest of the staff at the salon so that future futile bookings will not be made. I made a 30 mile trip to this salon which ended up to be the most disappointing day I've ever had.

Thank you JACKIE for wasting my time, energy, gas and afternoon.

$10 for flat ironing!?

I love Ulta and have never had a bad experience. But I think it is ridiculous that customers are being...

company theft

My best friend got married in March, and all 7 bridesmaids went to Ulta for pre-wedding makeup and hair so we'd know what to do the day of the wedding. We were charged $65 for hair/makeup. We asked the MANAGER of the salon if she knew someone to do our hair/makeup the day of the wedding AT the venue.

She stated that she and a co-worker would do our hair makeup for the $65 each.

They arrived at 9am for a noon wedding. They did the mother of the groom and bride first. When they got up to pay, the manager of the salon said, "that will be $95 each". We were SHOCKED. When they asked why the price increase, they stated, "it's our parogative".

Needless to say, us bridesmaids only had $65 each on us, so we said, no thanks and rushed to do each other's hair and makeup. They charged the bride $145!!

On Monday, the mom of the groom called the local Ulta and asked WHY the price increase. The district manager said--NO ONE FROM ULTA IS ALLOWED TO WORK OUTSIDE THE SALON!!

WE'D BEEN HAD!!

So the district manager starts doing some research and discovered these two con-artist had 17 brides who came into the salon --and never came back the day of their wedding. Because these two went to the venues and OVERCHARGED them!!

Then again, there's no telling how many brides they shafted !!

I understand, these two no longer work for Ulta. But BEWARE!!

Only have your hair/makeup done in the salon--if they offer to go to the venue, ALERT MANAGEMENT!!

• Sh
    shopngirl Jul 11, 2009

I have been seeing an Ulta Salon hairstylist for three years and this complaint holds little truth. I happen to know, since my wedding day hair and makeup was done in house, that the prices of the services would equal approximately $95 dollars whether done there or not. It specifies on the menu that makeup is $30 and updos range between $60 and $65. I find it hard to believe that the styists would agree to both services for $65. You were charged appropriately for the service, according to the menu. Maybe you should have looked at it first.

• Ha
    hairdiva55 Jul 07, 2010

Anytime anyone comes to your house to do your hair, that comes under the heading of "Freelance work". The salon has nothing to do worth it. You clarrify the cost behorehand, because it WILL more than going into the salon. The stylist has to lug all the equipment there and back, do hair in a setting that is usually cramped and and not really made to do hair, and, they are saving you time and aggravation by coming to you so that's one less thing for you to worry about. Most freelancers double the salon rate.
    so make sure you have everything clear before you make your aggreement.
    And by clear, i mean talk to the person who'll be doing your hair, not some go between.

• Us
    USA#1 Jan 28, 2016

Freelance is less idi0t because they cut out the company taking their cut, what a m0r0n you are.

sassystylist Sep 01, 2017

@USA#1 That was RUDE and completely un-called for in my opinion. Also I am a stylist of 18 years and do a ton of out of salon "freelance" work and normally yes, my prices are cheaper BUT when it comes to a wedding???? Never double but def quite a bit more in price. In the range of 50-60% more honestly. I don't know too may stylists that wouldn't do the same.

worst hair dying and service experience!

That’s the worst hair salon! Never ever dye your hair at the salon located at ULTA Edgewater NJ Hair Salon...

no retail sales assistance

I have visited the ulta store in plymouth ma a few times since it opened in 2017. During the past visit or...

lack of service on all levels

I order something online over a month ago and I still have not receive the item (the website says seven to...

rude customer

Came into store late one night, about an hour before they closed. A young lady with dyed red hair and tattoo...

o. p. I shimmer wristlet

I went to two different ultas on three different occasions trying to get four of the o.p.i wristlets last week and were told each time they were out. Then on Sunday the 16th the day afer the sale I was in the Ulta in Edmond Okla. and low and behold they had several of the wristlets but for full price. After I complained a manager finally let me have one for the sale price but since I wanted them for stocking stuffers for my grandaughters I needed more but refused to pay full price because they should have been in stock or else a rain check given.

misleading advertising

The ULTA beauty coupons are false and very misleading. They exclude "Prestige" products but you don't know until you get there that nearly every product in their store is "Prestige". Don't fall for it, go to the Mall and spend the same amount, at least you'll get decent service if you have to pay the regular price.

• Mo
    morrisun Dec 14, 2008

Prestige is actually a small percentage of the total product ULTA has in its stores. I can't get over how many people get so bent over a $3.50 coupon! It doesn't even cover the TAX!

• Wh
    whiteningcity Feb 26, 2009

Looking for Skin Whitening Cream? Excellent Cosmetic Effects here! Results in 2 weeks.100% Natural Ingrediants, 100% guaranteed or Money Back Guranteed. Have you ever wondered how comes so many Black, Asian and Indian celebrities are all very light skinned? Have you wondered why early childhood photos of many top celebs show a much darker skin colour than they have now?Do you still confused!!! Read testimonials from our clients and FAQ section for more details about our product,
    Visit www.whiteningcity.com or Mail back to us for a discount coupen at [email protected]

• Ca
    caro004 Feb 18, 2010

Ulta Beauty is has pissed me off!! I went in there and made a purchase. They asked if I wanted to sign up for their discount card where you accumulate points based on how much you buy for discounts or whatever. So I say okay and fill out this form with my name, address, and email address. Then I pay for my purchase with my debit card. Then the guy working there says they are having a special for two free InStyle Magazines. He gives me this slip to sign. I read the fine print and it says they will automatically charge your card for a year's subscription after the two free issues so I DON'T SIGN it and say I'm not interested. Well then the guy says he's already signed me up and he can't take it back. What's the point of having a place for your signature if they can do whatever they want to whether you sign or not? So he gives me this number and website I can go to cancel it. I've called the number 4 times and just stay on hold forever. The website can't locate my account. I promise, if I get a charge for an InStyle Magazine subscription I'm going to go up to the store and demand my money back.

this is not a complaint

This is for all you # customers who have obviously never worked in retail before. # your complaints; your...

bad service

Here is a letter I just sent to ulta detailing my visits to their establishment. To whom this may...

rip off company

I am supposed to receive coupons in the mail for free items according to home much I spend. I spent $600 last...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices