TXU Energy Retail Logo

TXU Energy Retail

Having problems with TXU Energy Retail?

TXU Energy Retail reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 16, 2006. The latest review Letter of credit requested. was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint txu a/c heat protection was resolved on Mar 23, 2018. TXU Energy Retail has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 90 reviews. TXU Energy Retail has resolved 63 complaints.

TXU Energy Retail Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 818 6132 (Residential)
+1 855 750 0899 (New Customer Sales, Residential)
+1 888 399 5501 (Business / Commercial)
+1 855 881 0489 (New Customer Sales, Business)
+1 800 316 2135 (Property Management & Apartment)
+1 800 711 9112 (Construction & Builder)
6555 Sierra Drive
Irving, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TXU Energy Retail Customer Service. Initial TXU Energy Retail complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TXU Energy Retail above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TXU Energy Retail. Discuss the issues you have had with TXU Energy Retail and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TXU Energy Retail Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

TXU EnergyOutrageous Wattage

Okay, here we go. For the past two months my bill has increased. Here's the story:

I live in a one bedroom apt, no bigger than 800 sq ft.

December, I received my bill for $128.00 (rounded), which was normal.

January, I received my bill for $248.00 (rounded). My bill w/TXU never raised over $150.00 so I gave them a call. Of course I got a foreigner who I could barely understand. She told me that I was using more KW's. I told her my usage was the same from the month before so I'm wondering what's going on. She also told me to go and read my meter again. Now, the way they teach you to read the meter is absolutely not understandable. I then decided to use less energy. I had my windows and doors resealed with new weather stripping, I unplugged appliances I wasn't using, switched clocks to battery operated, unplugged my TV, wireless router, computer and radio at night and replug it when I returned from work the following day. I made sure when I left a room I turned the light off. The heater was off during the day and I even had my two yr old son watching tv and playing with his toys in the dark.

Here comes Feburary's bill. I'm thinking I got my bill down, but the joke was on me. $342.00 (rounded)! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! ON A 1 BEDROOM APT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I called again, again they told me to read the meter. I told them the weather is bad now and to read that meter is impossible. I were told they could send another tech out to read the meter but I would be charged. I was so pist, I began cussing and fussing. I then took it upon myself to email corporate. Not long after I get a call from an AMERICAN REP located in my city and guess what she told me, "READ THE METER AGAIN!" Knowing she is local (judging my by the area code of her return phone number), she full well knows it is freezing and raining. I returned her call and guess what, I got her voicemail. She called back, I couldn't get to the phone I was in a meeting, but you would not believe what the message said, "READ THE METER AGAIN!" OMG! I called her back, got her voicemail and told her that I'm considering switching to another energy company. Ambit is low but I've read some disturbing info on them. Relient and Green Mountain is the only other energy companies in TX.

If there's anyone out there who knows of an energy co., that is any good, please let me know!

• Tl
      tlong.amanation.com Dec 13, 2010

We service Green Mtn. customers. Your rate will be stated clearly after you enter your address.
      You will need to enter on this first page Teresa Long id 119094 to proceed.

I hope you'll be happier with the service!

ps: many can save more on electricity by unplugging things when not in use. You'd be surprised how much it adds up just to have the micowave sitting there on but not in use, same for heaters other electrical items.

For states other than TX, PA, NY, NJ, MD, MA, CT visit http://tinyurl.com/saveonelectricitynow
      After choosing "market/rates" your state, your current provider, your rates are on the page you sign up on if you choose to. Variable or Fixed rates are listed for you to choose from.

• Da
      Dallas Gal Feb 09, 2010

I'm with Green Mountain and I just got a HUGE bill too! My roommate and I share a small 2-bedroom apartment in Dallas and thought that our bill was going to be really low (she even works for an electric company). It jumped from $180 (on the extremely high side of normal for us, only when we use the AC/heater) to $250! Not quite as bad as your $350, but I get what you're saing. We tried to read our meter again (hey, the guys reading the meters do occassionally make mistakes, but usually it'll even itself out the next month), but like you said- absolutely freezing outside, so didn't even attempt that. A couple of things that we found out when going through this whole ohemgee process:

1. What rate are you paying? There's the actual price per KWH and then there should be an total price per KWH on your bill. If your total price per KWH is more than 13 or 14 cents, it could be your rate plan. If you're not on a term plan (meaning no cancellation fee), see what other plans they have out there. I've shopped around and there are some really low rates, but they're "variable" meaning that the company might say it's 8 cents, but they have the option to raise that whenever they want. Make sure you're not fooled by these! The good thing about TXU is that they don't have variable rates; I was able to find a Green Mountain one a few months ago that was also low and not "varaible" so just make sure you shop

2. The temperature for the last couple of months in the North Dallas area has been REALLY cold. We just thought that our apartment was well-insulated because we had the heater set on 70 but our apt never got below 76. So we thought that our heater was on but not working. Makes sense, right? No. Apparently just having the heater on makes a difference, even if you don't think it's running.

So long story short, re-read your meter again if you want (it's supposed to snow on Thursday, so I don't recommend it!), but the people who read the meters are the same no matter which billing provider you choose, so the whole consumption thing and KWH usage shouldn't change no matter who you use. As long as you're paying a reasonable rate, it really just is the consumption and given how cold it's been and how many freezes we've had, 2, 000+ KWH is probably about right (that's what we had that we thought was completely outrageous). If you think your rate is high, shop around for another rate plan, just make sure you don't get stuck with one of those plans where the company can raise the rate at their discretion.

TXU — Billing Overcharges

I have called TXU numerous times since I took back my home from a previous renter in July 2017. Each time I...

TXUincorrect bill and disconnect

First of all, after some construction at my house, TXU kept sending me bills for a temporary pole and meter that was no longer there!! Now you tell me, how there can be a reading on a meter that is not there? This took them 5 months to correct, after countless phone calls, during which, they threatened to disconnect the temporary pole!! I kept telling them, YES, PLEASE DISCONNECT IT! Idiots!!
    Fast forward a few months - now, every month, my bill says something different and when i call to ask them about the charges, they are unable to explain to me why it is different than the last bill. Also, they have cut off my electricity twice in the last 10 days, for "nonpayment" - with no notice! When I call them they tell me they sent the notice, and I should talk to my postmaster. On the last occasion, the bill said due on Feb 1, and on Feb 2 the power is cut off. I have already ordered service with a new provider, I can't take any more of TXU's crap!! BUYER BEWARE!!

Angy47777 Dec 09, 2014

I want to know why my online bill states $110.00 something and the PAPER bill they send says $80.65?
        When I ask the person on the phone why does it say two different things she says. "The $80.65 is your past due balance."
        I then asked her very sarcastically, "You didn't even listen to my question did you?"

TXUUNACCEPTABLE SERVICE PROVIDER

I have attempted to settle a situation w/ the TXU representative numerous times. I have spoke to management at TXU as well. In January of 2009 I called TXU and requested services. I requested the average billing plan at this time. I did not receive the average billing plan, instead I received a commercial account and a huge bill increase. I assumed that when I requested average billing that is exactly what I received. I continued to pay the lesser amount on by TXU energy bill assuming that, that amount was the average billing amount. This was not correct. I am now so far delinquent in my account that I am unable to catch up the past due amount. I did however set up an installment plan. This months bill had a total increase in kw of 2035. The TXU representative stated today that “this is not right.” I also have told TXU that I have NEVER been a commercial customer but they have my paying the commercial rate plus $12.90 per month over the past year for commercial fees. I disputed this on 10/30/2009. I was told at that time that I would have a response in 21 days. I am STILL waiting on the response. My dispute was…
      1. Average billing since 1/2009
      2. Commercial rates on my residential account
      And I will now add the kw increase from last month to this month. My bill totaled $195 last month and now totaled $478 this month. My usage has NOT changed from November to December by this month. I have tried to come to a resolution w/ TXU several times. I can’t understand what is being done, or not being done on my account. This is unacceptable and should be reported to a higher authority. I know that my meter reading are not accurate, I know that I am not a commercial customer, and I also know that I requested average billing at the time that I set up this service. It’s almost like I call to request things on my bill and whomever is on the other end of the phone line takes it upon their self to do un-requested things to by bill. I am desperately trying to settle this dispute w/ TXU. I hope that a resolution will happen quickly since it is WELL after the 21 day mark. Thanks in advance for you cooperation in this matter.

TXU EnergyPoor customer service

I heard a new billing system has resulted in many billing errors and disatisfied customers receiving billing for services from many months ago which are not even correct. I was billed for over $500 usage at an apartment I never rented after turning down a job and informing TXU that I was not moving in after all. Since they would not contact the owner or apartment manager, the burden of proof was on me to get an apartment manager I do not even know to fax a statement on my behalf. I have accrued over $25 in fax and $5 in mailing fees. After closing my account 5 months ago, I received a final billing invoice and paid connect fees-only but was billed for no usage since I never moved-in. Now 5 months later, I am being billed for 5 months on electric usage. I have spent hours of my time and my own money having to prove I never lived there, prove I actually called and cancelled services in spite of having a final billing invoice and proof that I live in another State. Customer service is being provided by uneducated and incompetent people in foreign countries and an automated phone and e-mail system with no competent person responding even at the supposed Executive Feedback Center where you get a series of e-mail responses that your e-mail was not properly processed or received-reply again in this space etc. and then your e-mail keeps getting sent back-more roadblocks to customer service. Customer service workers are living in another country-working on Thanksgiving and 24 hours a day 7 days a week, did not even understand why I was shocked that they were working on Thanksgiving until I realized they were in another country and time zone. I was told that I could not prove that I called so I had to remind him that as a T-Mobile customer in the US, I have access to detailed billing statements listing all of my phone calls which I can prove. I always get excellent customer service from Americans at T-Mobile by the way. But the burden of proof for correcting a biiling error should not be on the customer. I had to explain that in America, you are innocent until proven guilty. I have 20 years of excellent credit but was being questioned as if I was a criminal saying well how do we know you really called TXU and cancelled your service, you could be living in 2 states and it is on you to prove yourself or pay or we will report you to all 3 credit bureaus etc. Three of the customer service workers knew nothing about the law, consumer rights e.g. do not understand why I wanted a physical address so I could send certified letter or serve papers on TXU Energy to protect my good credit rating legally. They say just call or fax-which does not hold hold up in court and then they can keep questioning if you really called or faxed to get you to pay. Just sending proof of out of state residence, utility bills from another state, a final TXU invoice of account closure was not good enough for these incompetent, less than minimum wage workers called investigators. TXU must think they have consumers over an oil barrel. Boycott this company and require them to hire US citizens to work and not 24-7 or on Thanksgiving. Make them uphold consumer legal rights or do not patronize their services. They need a good class action lawsuit to shut such practices down. TXU business practices reflect what is wrong about what is happening in America-losing our rights and having our jobs sent to foreign countries and our hard earned money extorted by corrupt billing errors. I have already contacted the Texas Public Utilities Commission and next will contact the Attorney General. Hope it gets resolved soon!

• Fr
            Frazzled Consumer Dec 21, 2009

I agree that the customer service for TXU is incompetant and lacks the understanding required to resolve disputes with this large corporation. Every time I call now, which I have to do almost every month, I get someone in Guatemala or Manila or El Salvador. These people do not even understand my dispute and tell me one thing when I call this time only to hear that the information given during the previous call was incorrect when I call the next time. I have learned to document each call, the customer service personnel's name & ID number, as well as where they are located, and the outcome of the call. However, it apparently does no good and means nothing to the company. When you call back to find that the previous call was not handled correctly on their end, there are no repercussions administered to personnel who are not fulfilling their job requirements--only an apology that I was given the wrong information. I ask to speak with a supervisor and am told they must call me back. Of course, I leave my name and contact information but never receive a call back. Wait! I did receive one callback...on a Saturday! I have been in a dispute regarding a balance that came out of thin air on an unknown account number, of which they applied payment for my current account to this other untraceable account. They could not even locate the account my payment was posted to or explain the reasoning behind it! It was like I had never made a payment period! I finally got the issue resolved, so I thought, after three months of calling and making "good-faith payments" on a current account, only to have it show up again now in November. I have made at least nine calls over this past month regarding this dispute, with no resolution to date. They tell me it is a balance on my "old" address, which they call out and I inform that the address they are referring to is my current address. Then, they review the payment history and find that it is, in fact, not a balance owed by me on my current account so it must be from a prior address, of which they cannot even identify and give to me! I am burdened with the time and effort of disproving the balance to be from any prior address at which I had service with them. Thus, I request copies of bills from my previous address in 2007, and they are unable to provide them (due to the system change). They send an itemized list of my prior residential dates of billing and amounts due each month. No record of my payment history can be sent so I must pull financial statements going back two years, which costs me time and more money. I inform them that I did not receive any notice of an unpaid balance on any account and, thus, request copies of any outstanding or overdue notices from a prior account that would have been sent to me. Again, they cannot verify this with paperwork. The last move I made was in May 2008, where I transferred service to a new residence. At that time, they took my transfer order and then never even turned my service on. I had received a letter thanking me for service with TXU energy, but my new landlord showed up at my home demanding to know why I had not established service for the residence. I called TXU and was given the explanation that the order was placed but never carried out. "That's odd. I don't know why it wasn't turned on. I see the order right here." There is no mention of any discrepancy on my prior address that may have interrupted service to be turned on at my new residence. They apologized and turned it on immediately. By this time, almost two months later, shouldn't I have received a notice if I owed a balance on the prior address or did not pay the final bill from then? How come I never received any notices regarding this and it shows up out of the blue in December 2008, with a notice in my name and an address I have never lived at, in addition to an account number that cannot be traced (although they credited payment to the unknown account number)? Now, we are back to square one with the same issue in November 2009, of which they have transferred this balance to my current account. In the meantime, they will not remove the balance from my current account until I prove their error, and they charge me late fees when I pay only the actual amount due. This results in an error on my payment history, which will cost me more money to change companies now since I cannot obtain a letter of good payment history to avoid deposit fees. I hear over and over that their system is not the greatest, that they cannot pull any information regarding accounts from the "old" system in place before the merge of TXU SESCO to TXU Energy, and that the consumer must prove any error on TXU's part. How can they keep doing this? What are my rights as a consumer, or where can I go (that doesn't cost me more money) to find out my rights? Dealing with TXU displays an unrelenting cycle of incompetency and very poor customer service. Furthermore, I would adamantly deter anyone from obtaining service from TXU! If you do, you will pay...in more ways than one!

TXU EnergyBilling Scams and Poor Customer Service

I heard a new billing system has resulted in many billing errors and disatisfied customers receiving billing for services from many months ago which are not even correct. I was billed for over $500 usage at an apartment I never rented after turning down a job and informing TXU that I was not moving in after all. Since they would not contact the owner or apartment manager, the burden of proof was on me to get an apartment manager I do not even know to fax a statement on my behalf. I have accrued over $25 in fax and $5 in mailing fees. After closing my account 5 months ago, I received a final billing invoice and paid connect fees-only but was billed for no usage since I never moved-in. Now 5 months later, I am being billed for 5 months on electric usage. I have spent hours of my time and my own money having to prove I never lived there, prove I actually called and cancelled services in spite of having a final billing invoice and proof that I live in another State. Customer service is being provided by uneducated and incompetent people in foreign countries and an automated phone and e-mail system with no competent person responding even at the supposed Executive Feedback Center where you get a series of e-mail responses that your e-mail was not properly processed or received-reply again in this space etc. and then your e-mail keeps getting sent back-more roadblocks to customer service. Customer service workers are living in another country-working on Thanksgiving and 24 hours a day 7 days a week, did not even understand why I was shocked that they were working on Thanksgiving until I realized they were in another country and time zone. I was told that I could not prove that I called so I had to remind him that as a T-Mobile customer in the US, I have access to detailed billing statements listing all of my phone calls which I can prove. I alway s get excellent customer servuce from Americans at T-Mobile bythe way. But the burden of proof for correcting a biiling error should not be on the customer. I had to explain that in America, you are innocent until proven guilty. I have 20 years of excellent credit but was being questioned as if I was a criminal saying well how do we know you really called TXU and cancelled your service, you could be living in 2 states and it is on you to prove yourself or pay or we will report you to all 3 credit bureaus etc. Three ofthe customer service workers knew nothing about the law, consumer rights e.g. do not understand why I wanted a physical address so I could send certified letter or serve papers on TXU Energy to protect my good credit rating legally. They say just call or fax-which does not hold hold up in court and then they can keep questioning if you really called or faxed to get you to pay. Just sending proof of out of state residence, utility bills from another state, a final TXU invoice of account closure was not good enough for these incompetent, less than minimum wage workers called investigators. TXU must think they have consumers over an oil barrel. Boycott this company and require them to hire US citizens to work and not 24-7 or on Thanksgiving. Make them uphold consumer legal rights or do not patronize their services. They need a good class action lawsuit to shut such practices down. TXU business practices reflect what is wrong about what is happening in America-losing our rights and having our jobs sent to foreign countries and our hard earned money extorted by corrupt billing errors. I have already contacted the Texas Public Utilities Commission and next will contact the Attorney General. Hope it gets resolved soon!

TXU — Wrong Address

TXU Energy Residential Executive Feedback P.O. Box 650764 Dallas, TX [protected] To whom it may concern, I...

TXU — Double Posted a Payment

Dear Sir or Ma'am I am writing today to advise you about a recent experience with your company. I wish...

TXU EnergyOvercharged me with a false read and refused to retract it

TXU energy ripping customers off and have poor customer service:

I have a place that was damaged by the hurricane. I had moved out but left electricity connection in place in anticipation of fixing it. The walls have since been gutted, breakers turned off. I stopped receiving monthly bills shortly after the hurricane and did not receive a bill again for 10 months. I called to verify there was no charges to my account. I was told there was a credit. Within the last few months I started getting summary statements for the previous unbilled months. Many of the months read 0 kilowatts which made sense with what I was told on the phone. Then one bill summed up the last previous 3 months claiming I used 11, 000 kilowatts of energy and totaling over $1800. I called multiple times to have someone look into the matter, since it was impossible!!! I spoke to two supervisors who gave me the run around. The final supervisor I spoke to said “It doesn’t matter what makes sense, the final reading was reported by the technician and therefore you are liable, no matter what reason.” I asked about what was done to investigate the meter was even working correctly and could not get straight sensible answers. Seeing as obviously the company would not correct the matter, I filed a complaint to the Texas Utility commission. Thank goodness they exist. They sent me a letter back saying the company did not have the equipment available to verify their final read claims and must retract back the claimed 11, 000 kilowatt usage. Great news, however now I am dealing with trying to now get the money they owe me, since I should have a near $300 credit now. The supposed date of retraction was 8/20/09 and it is now 9/14/09. I called today and of course the call person reports there is no corrected bill yet or mention of one pending. He directs me to a “high priority” call line…which is a voice mail that is full!!! I called back and this time am told I need to call back Friday and maybe the reported changes to the Texas Utility commission might actually be in the system since he did not see any of those reports yet. Anyways bottom line is I think they are greedy crooks and you should avoid choosing them as your provider. If you do have problems, contact the Texas Utility Commission.

TXU EnergyCharged me twice for the 400.00 deposite

I called to set up service on june 15th 2009 and on june 17th it still wasnt on so i called back and they set up my neboirs electric who already had service in her name and put it in my so, I was told to call and disconect the previous service and start over.I called them a fifth time to see how i could fix it and they put me on hold because they couldnt find my account, at this point im out raged so i asked to speak with a manager and some how they find my account and the laddy asked could she fix it without transfering me, i told her i didnt care just wanted it fixed asap.We go threw the whole process agin the rules and regulations that i already heard 5 times before she told me she would have someone out that day to cut on service, they did cut it on but i wasnt told i would have to pay for what my neibor used witch wasnt my mistake and have to pay the 400.00 deposite agin

TXU Energy / Deposit Refund — Tax adjustment made for Travis Co. Resident, AFTER I ENDED SERVICE

WAS IT JUST ME OR ARE THERE OTHERS OUT THERE, AND DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT? I DIDN'T! To summarize, I moved...

TXUliars

well when i signed up they told me i was to recieve a 75 dollar visa card and well that never happen. I called to ask about it and nobody could help me. I believe they gave me a false advertisement they should complete with there offer..

• Ke
                    Kellidsellers Oct 16, 2009

They should follow through with what they say, but those offers are small scams in themselves. Yes, over a period of time (like $25.00 per quarter), you can get your $75.00, as long as you pay every month on time, and follow any other rules that were in the fine print, but it's never as it sounds. I can tell you of a company that will do what they say. They are Ambit Energy, and I am a consultant for them. We offer low competitive rates (up to 30% savings off TXU, sometimes more), travel reward points, and Free Travel (2 night hotel stay) just for trying our service. Plus, you can get FREE energy For as long as you have the service just for referring a few customers one time. We are a fantastic company. We have 3 month, 6 month, & 1 year term plans, or month to month rates. There is no cost to switch, and you don't even have to tell your current provider...we do that for you. Just go to: www.kellisteam.joinambit.com and sign up, or call me @ [protected], and I will help you.

Kelli Sellers

TXUBilling & Customer Service

Oncor Electric reads my meter for my TXU bill. They started me out on the wrong meter number on May 1, 2009 when I set up the service at my new apt. It is almost August, and the problem gets worse every day. Today I received 2 more "corrected" bills from TXU. One stated I owe them $147.00; the other stated I had a $42.00 credit. Both bills were dated 7/27/09, and NEITHER one had my correct meter number or meter reading indicated. The customer service people are absolutely worthless...I have received at least 30 eaqmils stating my dispute would be resolved in 1-2 business days. It has now been 33 dyas since I filed my dispute!

Avaoid this company at all costs...they have absolutely no idea how to fix even a simple clerical error!

• Ri
                      RippedOff Texan Nov 26, 2016

.It's time for this stuff to STOP;We went with TXU because we thought they were the best as far as versatility is concerned. We paid our 300.00 deposit knowing that if we paid our bills on Time; and had a good HISTORY then we could get our Deposit back.. To Our Ignorance.. TXU told us they had an insurance product for 29.99 that covers our in Home TV etc if their is a electric spark or lightning strike. Which we said SURE WE need the coverage ...
                      They added the insurance to the bill ;we paid the insurance separately on a Credit card and was told "you are good to go". Then we were told the insurance was not paid because the payment went towards the following months Bill and when we paid the following months bill we had a late charge carryover for the insurance that carried over from march Now we are in November and we find out the insurance was never paid (29.95) for the yr.and our deposit was Lost because we were late on the insurance . AT this point we feel like going Postal at TXU and walking out with our 300$ ..How crooked is That.. we are as you could guess looking for a new Provider...they can keep their 25$ Credit Card Refund Now we see how they do it..

• Ka
                      K.A. Taylor Nov 19, 2014

Thank you for this information. TXU has threatened to turn off my mother"s electriicity even though she made arrangements with them for the umpteenth time to pay when she got paid at the end of the same week. Some non-English speaking foreigner had the nerve to call her at work in spite of the notes in her file and demanded she pay the balance of $71.42 or risk having her lights turned off. Ive had to help her because of this and it is wearing thin. I am getting info on the PUC. Thank you again.

• Dj
                      djc1309 Sep 22, 2010

I turned TXU into the Public Utilities Commission today for the second time this year. They returned a check saying that due to the number of returned items received from my mothers bank, she was now on a cash basis. The date of their letter was 09/16/2010 and the due date of the bill was 09/13/2010. They also mentioned in the letter that mailing in a money order may not avoid service interruption due to mail delivery. I sent the PUC a copy of a letter from my mothers bank stating that her account was in good standing and that there was no record of any returned items to TXU. I have found from filing previous complaints, that you get a much better response from TXU if you first file a complaint with the PUC.

• Ab
                      ABEL2010 Jul 26, 2010

Today my electricity was turned off. Not because I didn't make a payment, but because they posted my payment to a previous account I had with them that hasn't been active since 2007. WTF!? I have a wife and two small children at home. It's going to reach close to 100F today in Texas. My wife called the Customer Service dept to get this resolved. First off she couldn't even communicate with the Rep., and a 1/2 hr later when she finally got someone on the phone that spoke a little better, they admitted the mistake and the best they could promise is that the electricity would be turned on within the next 24hrs. This is not the first issue either. You cannot get a hold of any manager to place a complaint and I have never gotten a response from the ones I have placed online. These people are incompetent, arrogant and lazy. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Thanks...

• Rb
                      RBC81 Aug 14, 2009

TXU has the worst customer service ever and my online account balance is ALWYAS different from my paper bill and different again from what they say it is when I call in. They should spend less money sponsoring events and work on the operational and clerical/accounting issues. My first suggestion would be to hire customer service reps that speak English and can understand me when I have to call them...
                      Or my favorite is when I call the number printed on my paper bill, wait on hold for 15 minutes and the rep tells me they are in Houston, not my service area and can not help me.
                      And, then I especially love how I can't log into my TXU acct online more often than not or how my kWh usage doubled this month from what I've been using for the last three years every month and they don't think there is a mistake...

TXU EnergyService & Billing

I have been a TXU customer since 2006. In January 2009 we moved to another location, when I finally got my bill it was billed to the old location. I called them and asked them to fix the billing address, the next month they still had the wrong mailing address on my bill. Since the mailing address was wrong it was taking almost three weeks longer to get my bill, so by the time my bill got to me my bill was due. I have called them every month for six months asking them to change my billing address. They still to this day have not changed the mailing address. Then last month I got my bill and I noticed that my bill had almost doubled, I checked my last 12 months bills and they where all the same. So I called and asked them about it, they said that they couldn't do anything about it. The only thing they could offer me was $0.14 locked in for 12months. That’s still more then what I had been paying for the past 12 months. So I called a couple of other companies and found one for $0.11 and better customer service. So I put a transfer order in with the new company, they are suppose to take over on July 28. Today I went online to make a payment and the website is still down and has been for three weeks now, you can't make a payment online, but they still want to charge you a fee for calling in. I thought I was done with this company today, and then a couple of hours ago there was a email in my in box from TXU about my new service starting on July 27. I called them and they so nicely confirmed that my move in date to the new address where I already have service at was set for July 27. I explained to them that I was not moving and that I already had service with them. They couldn't tell me what was going on and I talked to three different people, after being hung up on twice. I was done!! I finally called my new company and confirmed that we are still on track for the new service. TXU still says that my new Service is to start on July 27 and they wont listen to me at all.

• Jc
                        jcss Aug 18, 2011

TXU turned my 85 year old mother’s electricity off on 8/17/11 when it was 105 F in Dallas. Her most recent bill said her balance was due on 8/25/11 and there was no balance forward on the bill. It did not indicate that the payment was overdue. After repeated attempts to get the situation resolved, I waited 25 minutes to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor in Pittsburgh said I should get my mother to stay somewhere else, I explained that my mother would not leave her house. The supervisor recommended that I go to her house and ' be the adult" and force her to leave her house. When I explained that I was pretty sure that was not legal, her next suggestion as for me to call 911 and have her taken the hospital. I told her she was not ill and that would be a waste of public resources. The problem was that they had turned her electricity off 8 days before her bill reflected her payment was due. After a few more minutes of discussion she told me she was tired of arguing with me and hung up. These people are rude and do not exhibit good customer service. They will not take responsibility for their poor lay out of their billing invoice and have zero problem solving skills. Change your electrical company if you can.

• De
                        Demetria30 Jan 18, 2010

TXU is a nightmare!!! I have been with them for four years and at my old apt my bill usually stayed between 180-220 at most. Then i moved and dear god its been hell for two years it took them nine count them nine months to stop billing me for my old address and somehow my new address put together in my bill that comes to my current address. They swore this was not the case but explain to me how else i could have a 650 for one month in a 2bd/2bth apartment!!! I even still had the forward address sticker on my bill from them even though i have done change of address and informed them a hundred times. Then last summer i notice a 100 dollar jump after going through 4 different"supervisors" im told they made an error and that i was supposed to receive a 100 dollar credit but it was a mix up, "sorry and you will see a credit on next months bill" I said weel why cant i exercise that credit this month. They said i had to pay the full amt or lights would be cut off wtf!? Then i come to find out the credit was for a succesful transfer when i moved 3 yrs ago that they forgot to extend for being a good loyal customer and using them! My complaints are endless it amazing me how they remain in business and have such deplorable customer service, not to mention whenever i call i never get someone who can speak fluent english. I swear i had a five minute conversation with a csr that i could not understand a thing. Im so happy come next week i will be rid of them. They exceed my rent 75% of the time

• Br
                        Brittney Oct 08, 2009

I have been with TXU for 5yrs and my bill was due Oct. 2, 2009 and i paid it on Oct. 2, 2009 @ 6:13am and they came out on Oct 7, 2009 @ 4:15pm and disconnected my service. I immediatly called them to find out what was going on and they said that it was a mistake and that they would be back out no later than midnight to reconnect it. Well i got up @ 7am the next morning and it still not on. They are now telling me that it will be before midnight tonight. I called them back and explained that i have a newborn baby and two small children and they are still telling me that they can come back out until midnight tonight. I cant believe it... Im am currently online serching for a new Electric Company to go with. I wouldn't advise anyone to go with this company. They are unorganized and they have lead me on to believe that my service would be reconnected and it still isnt i had to bring my children and all of my food over to my sisters to keep from buying all new groceries...

• Ni
                        ninapage Sep 09, 2009

I also had a problem with TXU. I called because since I been with TXU, which is about 1 year and half, I have always paid my bills on time and in full. Well I recently moved into a house 4 months ago and have been receiving a bill and still been paying. I called this month to see how much my bill was going to be before I received it and it was 998.00. I was like where did this come from. Even if I tried my bill wouldnt be that high in one month. They told me that it was an error on their part because they hadnt billed me since I been in my house but was still billing me for when I stayed at my apartment. I found that to be very bad service because now I'm stuck with this high bill and I'm on a fixed income. All they said they could do was put me on payment plan for a year. I don't feel that was enough.

• Ki
                        killeenteacher Aug 24, 2009

I called TXU because I had not received a July electricity bill. They told me that I had overpaid the month before and was actually due a credit for about $50.36 towards my August bill. I was a little weary so I looked online and that bill said the same thing. To be extra sure, I called again and talked to someone else and they said the same thing. I couldn't figure it out. Well, in August, I received a bill for $488.52, nearly double any bill I had paid in the past year. Then, two days later, I received an additional bill for another $397.64. According to TXU, they made a mistake and delayed billing for the month of July and I owed them 886.16 within one week. I was floored. I am an elementary school teacher. My power bill was more than my mortgage. Even though I had anticipated a discrepancy in the July billing and saved the money, I was not expecting nearly $900 in electric bills. I live in a modest 4 bedroom/2 bath single floor home(only 1700 sq ft). My bill was higher than my friends with 2500 square ft homes. And get this... No one was even in my house from 7am-8:30pm most of the month!!! As my students would say: TXU sucks!

TXU Energy iThermostatCan't get them to come out!!!

Rcvd a notice from TXU about possibly saving money by replacing thermostats - called the number and was placed on a list for callback. Waited...nothing...in one week I called 3 times and emailed (thru their website) 3 times that I would like to set up an appt for someone to come and give me an estimate for replacing the thermostats. I had to hang up on the last rep I spoke with because I did not understand what she was saying.

I'm going to shop around this weekend and get some prices and change providers; this company has gone from bad to worse in the 10 years I've known them.

• Do
                          don won Jul 14, 2010

its works i guess ...but the internet feature that allows you to control your settings online never worked for me... well it did for about a week and i called 5 times to get someone to come out to fix it and never did and i have had mine for almost a year so other than that it works fine...

• Re
                          Reza5150 May 08, 2010

Does it lower you bill? Sorry

• Re
                          Reza5150 May 08, 2010

Did they finally do it> does it lower your will?

• Bl
                          blm16 Aug 03, 2009

Why didn' t you just do it online? I got an online form that let me pick from 8-Noon or from Noon-5p.m. for them to come out. didn't even need to call a number...

TXU Energy — Deposit Refund

On or about march of 09 I requested services w/ TXU Energy for add. 2714 NW 34th st to be connected by April...

TXU — TXU deliberatly cut off power in 105 degree weather without cause.

Unbelieveable. TXU Energy cut off our power in 105 degree weather for no reason. We had been traveling and we...

TXU — incentives to not switch deceptive

June 2, 2009, I contacted TXU as I was preparing to switch to a provider with a lower rate of 10.5. At that...

TXU Energy — Power Outage from storm 26 hours ago

Storm caused power outage now 26 hours ago and counting. The power is still off to 5 houses on our street...

TXU Energyuse of &non-green& plastic bags

A TXU Energy rep gave out free Longstar 60Hz CFL light bulbs at MinuteMaid park on Thursday night, June 4th along with a booklet listing energy-saving tips. My concern is with the way these gifts were packaged. Each single bulb in its cardboard container was handed out in a very large heavy plastic bag. A very "non-green" way to encourage us to improve our environment. Wouldn't a paper bag been a more appropriate conveyance for a booklet entitled "Energy Efficiency & Conservation".